Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 575576577578579 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 6:51pm
China, Russia Saudi Arabia, others, Israel are all playing a game of ''hold my beer'' with him, seeing who can extract the most from the power vacuum he is creating.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Dick Nixon once said the Chinese were the 'smartest people on Earth', or something to that effect. I doubt there is such a thing, but their rise over the last few decades has been remarkable.

mmm but at what cost? shall we ask the Dalai lama and the Tibetans etc for their opinion?

human rights are not a thing for china.

considering Australias "loving" ways chinas  lack of human rights might be an issue. ssm might be a probelm for mr xi
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Dick Nixon once said the Chinese were the 'smartest people on Earth', or something to that effect. I doubt there is such a thing, but their rise over the last few decades has been remarkable.

mmm but at what cost? shall we ask the Dalai lama and the Tibetans etc for their opinion?

human rights are not a thing for china.

considering Australias "loving" ways chinas  lack of human rights might be an issue. ssm might be a probelm for mr xi

Australia isn't beyond being unfeeling toward the poor .
Hundreds of thousands homeless , living in Parks or out of old cars .
Pensioners being told , to avoid using A/C .      Sewerage charges increased $200 a year this week.     Electricity dearest in the World and rising .   Supermarkets secret deal with Unions today to cut new staff wages up to $3000 a year .
Pensioner discounts in QLD cut to half what NSW present rate.
Xmas hamper handouts from charity requires highest ever. etc etc .
   Median rents in Capital Cities exceed pension payments.

We are feeding Labors illegal boat people with borrowed money.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:57pm
shame macca, are you suggesting aus is already on the way to china ways, compassion?

oh well, i was hoping for better. 

at least let it be noted i put up some resistance to china. perhaps they will nuke me like some recalcitrant/belligerent citizen of north korea.

do you think china reads tbv postings?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:09pm

Particularly the ones about Comrade Sam.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:15pm

shame macca, are you suggesting aus is already on the way to china ways, compassion?

at least let it be noted i put up some resistance to china. perhaps they will nuke me like some recalcitrant/belligerent citizen of north korea.

Sad to say Isaac .    We are well on the way to having a South African style apartheid .      The haves & the have not's .

Try & get some legal help if you haven't got millions .
I'm on sausages and instant oats.     I haven't seen a T bone since my exhaust fan failed and my glasses fog up when showering twice a month.

Recycling Sorbent isn't easy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:33pm
i predict our next biggest export to china will be our young peoples labour. they will look forward to a free air fare and chinese food. and they wont care!

meanwhile the cashed up chinese come here as tourists.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 11:16pm

i predict our next biggest export to china will be our young peoples labour. they will look forward to a free air fare and chinese food. and they wont care!

meanwhile the cashed up chinese come here as tourists.

Tourists who buy up the Prime properties and land, farms , industry, Ports etc.

They don't have to invade , which is good , They just buy us and then rent to their own.
I was amused at the complaints from the media that poling was difficult in Benelong as too many, only spoke Chinese.

We fear white ants in many areas ...    with 200,000 breeding stock migrating per year,   How many generations before we don't own Australia.
I'm aware of the populate or perish facts but surely we can be more selective .
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 6:04am

I know they do 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:32am
Liberal maths:

2013 govt debt                     $273b
2020 forecast(May budget)    $606b
2020 forecast MYEFO            $583b

They are going to try to tell us today that because the debt wont rise by as much as previously forecast, that it is $23b drop in debt
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:45am
Poor old Tony Abbott made a life out of "hating" the deficit, which was relatively small, when he was opposition leader. But, once in power, got used to it, and learned to live with it, as it grew.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:55am
John Alexander's "joke" about a disability sticker, which a doctor told him his bad back made him eligible for, and how he had too much pride to countenance use thereof, still has me confused. He said what he meant was, he would not use it for parking privileges, because his condition was not bad enough to need it, and it would be a kind of fraud to do so, if I understand his explanation. But where does his "pride" fit into that ? I took the meaning of his quip to be that he did not want to be among the ranks of the "officially" handicapped, and his pride would resist him accepting that he was. Storm in a tea-cup, but strange stuff to be talking about in a victory speech. Almost a record for an early gaffe from an elected candidate.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:05am
High profile, 7 years and 3 election(plus a by election) wins in a prime seat and still a back-bencher tells you what you need to know 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

High profile, 7 years and 3 election(plus a by election) wins in a prime seat and still a back-bencher tells you what you need to know 

Agree PT .      A bluddy retard with a 0 for presentation.

The LNP have to grasp an important fact.   Politics is now all about

sex appeal with a gift of the gab . ( not oral but , ahhh well )

The former opposition Leader in Qld didn't excite my dog.   Useless and so obvious long before the election.
Shorten presents as a handicapped death adder and Turnbull most certainly needs a Melanie to help him get off the viewing stool.    Lucy ain't it.
Brandis is to migrate , a get square for what the UK has been saddling us with for years.
The Greens have the next PM if she's ready to front up topless =   YES
               SARAH HANSON YOUNG
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:38am
Please....NO 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:52am

Please....NO 

You would love it PT..      get real .

I always wanted to come back into this world as Kate Ellis's Baby .

On My recent luck,    > would see me on a bottle .
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:58am
Add something relevant Whale, instead of targetting members Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Is it the right thing to call someone a retard, insulting to retards and the object of the post.

Someone who supposedly worked in the health care system for decades should know better.

So my comment was quite relevant
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Is it the right thing to call someone a retard, insulting to retards and the object of the post.

Someone who supposedly worked in the health care system for decades should know better.

So my comment was quite relevant

mentally challenged, my bad
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 10:20am

I know they do 

and what would be the significance of that? should we be worried? 
is that why you seem to want to earn brownie points with them? 
is this site owned by the chinese?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:06am

I know they do 

You asked a question, I gave you a simple answer, make of it as you will

At the moment there are 7 Chinese search engines reading posts here. That is a pretty average number at any given time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:08am
George Brandis has resigned and will take up the High Commissioners job in London
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:32am

John Alexander's "joke" about a disability sticker, which a doctor told him his bad back made him eligible for, and how he had too much pride to countenance use thereof, still has me confused. He said what he meant was, he would not use it for parking privileges, because his condition was not bad enough to need it, and it would be a kind of fraud to do so, if I understand his explanation. But where does his "pride" fit into that ? I took the meaning of his quip to be that he did not want to be among the ranks of the "officially" handicapped, and his pride would resist him accepting that he was. Storm in a tea-cup, but strange stuff to be talking about in a victory speech. Almost a record for an early gaffe from an elected candidate.

I could have a disability sticker for the same type of injury. But I choose not too for the same reasons as John Alexander.

If I were to use one when I can usually get through the day without using one then that leaves one for someone who may need it more. Someone with a wheel chair perhaps.

PT's got you by the short and curlies max.

He's slowly turned you into a Labor fan boy who'll look for any excuse to attack the Libs.

Shame..Shame...Shame..

Maybe you should vote the majors last. That'll fix 'em.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:36am
Yes, he is showing promise Scamanda A few more years and he might have a fully developed conscience. 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:39am

I know they do                                         

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:40am
53 ---47 the polls this morning.

NO lift for magical Malcolm.     Maybe Mal needs a staffer on his knee.

Worked for Barnaby and Nathan Lyon.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:41am

Yes, he is showing promise Scamanda A few more years and he might have a fully developed conscience. 

I'd say his conscience was shot when he decided to switch parties.

As far as being fully developed, he is about a year behind Whale and closing quickly. Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:42am
In reality, I fear JA was indeed too proud to think of himself as "handicapped", scamanda, I am not convinced he was that worried he'd be displacing the more worthy. Storm in a tea-cup, but JA has form in making such gaffes.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:44am

George Brandis has resigned and will take up the High Commissioners job in London

A big loss to the Australian senate.

Very good man who had the difficult job of keeping the rat bag left in their place, with the ALP.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

A big loss to the Australian senate.

Very good man who had the difficult job of keeping the rat bag left in their place, with the ALP.

I think the problem was that he was too far left and his problem was with the far right in his own party. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 575576577578579 760>