Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 555556557558559 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:23pm
Plenty of houses in Brisbane around that mark. I'm currently looking in Strathpine for potential investment properties.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:39am
Strathpine isn't in Brisbane, but is on a good rail service, unlike yarrabilba.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:56am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Strathpine is in the seat of Dixon.?   about 15K from the CBD I thought Max .   Reaalise You would know more than me about Brissy .
Anything within about 10K is on fire at the moment, The Real Estate ads are saying.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:08am
Petrie, though a bit further out, is probably a better bet for city commuters, express train service is great from there, into the city very quickly now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:35am

Petrie, though a bit further out, is probably a better bet for city commuters, express train service is great from there, into the city very quickly now.

32 minutes to Central, just about as long as you'd like to be surrounded by people transfixed by i-phones !
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 5:46am
Come on max, don't be so obtuse!Wink

$350k, $400k, who cares!? ... cheap as chips ... the sleepy country town will be booming within 2-3 years ... best bet, get a new apartment around the 5-10k band from the city ... oversupply is a myth, the southern invasion is coming ... again ... never forget, it's a cycle!Cool
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 8:08am

It's close enough. Only technically not in Brisbane but for all intents and purposes it is. And plenty of houses in the price range mentioned.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:15am

There's the problem in a nutshell. First home buyers want the best of the best.

Yarrabilba to Brissy is only 50 minutes drive pending traffic conditions. I got to the Princess Alexandra Hospital from yarbilba in 45 minutes.
Yarrabilba is just as close to the Goldie, give or take a few. By the way, not every worker works in BrisbaneConfused

What is wrong with that sort of travel time to get to work so you can have an affordable, BRAND NEW house

Most people in sydney travel close to 2 hours to get to work

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

$350k, $400k, who cares!? ... cheap as chips ... the sleepy country town will be booming within 2-3 years ... best bet, get a new apartment around the 5-10k band from the city ... oversupply is a myth, the southern invasion is coming ... again ... never forget, it's a cycle!Cool

I'd be less certain those units are the "best bet", more likely the worst bet in the real estate market. They are over-supplied, and an agent told me recently that people who bought a year ago have lost $50k already.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:24am

I'd be less certain those units are the "best bet", more likely the worst bet in the real estate market. They are over-supplied, and an agent told me recently that people who bought a year ago have lost $50k already.

This is true. Unless you can get a decent discount I would stay away from Brisbane units. There is a complex of 19 2 & 3 bedroom flats up the road from me (7km from the CBD) started construction approx 2yrs ago and completed maybe 9 months ago. Only half sold. That should tell you something.

Incidentally I just sold a 3 bedroom townhouse in a gated complex in Acacia Ridge 6 months ago for $275k. Plenty of similarly prices options around for anyone wanting to get into he market.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

This is true. Unless you can get a decent discount I would stay away from Brisbane units. There is a complex of 19 2 & 3 bedroom flats up the road from me (7km from the CBD) started construction approx 2yrs ago and completed maybe 9 months ago. Only half sold. That should tell you something.

Incidentally I just sold a 3 bedroom townhouse in a gated complex in Acacia Ridge 6 months ago for $275k. Plenty of similarly prices options around for anyone wanting to get into he market.

Not really flats. Units built into a two story building.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

There's the problem in a nutshell. First home buyers want the best of the best.

Yarrabilba to Brissy is only 50 minutes drive pending traffic conditions. I got to the Princess Alexandra Hospital from yarbilba in 45 minutes.
Yarrabilba is just as close to the Goldie, give or take a few. By the way, not every worker works in BrisbaneConfused

What is wrong with that sort of travel time to get to work so you can have an affordable, BRAND NEW house

Most people in sydney travel close to 2 hours to get to work

I'm well aware that most people don't work in the city centre, but those that do, can still buy well further out provided on the rail, and particularly if there are direct express services, which there now are. As for travelling 2 hours in, two hours out, I'd doubt "most people" do anything like that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:13am
Sydney commutes average a bit over an hour a day, according to statistics, total time travelling. Brisbane not much less.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:43pm

Exactly why to buy now ... and never get property investment advice from a real estate agent, their job is to sell the stock they have in their shop, and they know nothing more than the values in their suburb, and emotive sales techniques Dead 

Media will quote unit development applications and approvals at record levels, however, conversion from approvals to commencements to completions is another thing altogether. The squeeze on bank lending policies have already seen lots of those approvals fall over, and 2019 commencements will be the lowest in years. You will be seeing an influx of Southerners who will be cashing in on the Sydney and Melbourne booms as those markets plateau again, and young people who simply cant afford those markets will be coming too. Plenty of infrastructure spending, plenty of employment opportunities in the growth areas of health, education and services ... all that = boom!Big smile

NB: The Brisbane market has always grown counter cyclical to the Sydney market ... the "rubber band" that separates the prices in those markets will pull Brisbane up again in the next 3 years ... always does!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:50pm
There are a lot of those units about to flood the market, right now. Detached housing is still very strong, however, and families will always prefer that.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:52pm

Sydney commutes average a bit over an hour a day, according to statistics, total time travelling. Brisbane not much less.

find those stats hard to believe. it would mean most commuters are working in their own suburb.

my school run was 10 mins each way 3 months ago. one road with a turn off at the end. give or take an extra minute here and there.

its now 25 mins each way and thats without any obstacles like traffic works. basically, you cant drive a few kilometers anywhere in sydney under 10 minutes. its getting ridiculous.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:54pm
Just on oversupply, I recall the oversupply of units in Sydney after the last boom (2004/5), in inner South Sydney suburbs like Alexandria, Zetland, Erskineville - I know someone who bought and sold a 2 bed unit in a massive complex within 5 years and lost money .. of course the person who bought that property in 2009 for $450k now has an asset worth over $1 million ... real estate investment is simply about good assets in right locations and playing the long gameWink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:59pm

There are a lot of those units about to flood the market, right now. Detached housing is still very strong, however, and families will always prefer that.

Who wants families with destructive grubby kids and pets as tenants? ... anyway, "families" as we know them, will be a thing of the past when SSM is legalTongue ... the average size of a household is shrinking every census ... low maintenance, close to transport and employment, 2 bed, near/inner city dwelling is the future. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:29pm
... hard to argue that houses are affordable though ... it's just not fair!Cry

‘Make houses cheaper!’ says Millennial that just preordered a $1829 iPhone

A local agency person has lashed out at everyone, including homeowners, for making houses so unaffordable for young people – despite spending nearly $2000 on a new mobile phone this morning.

Damien Longhurst works at a boutique, bespoke and creative agency in Betoota’s Old City district. He does something on a computer and makes life difficult for copywriters and anybody vaguely removed from the creative process.

But he feels that he deserves to own a home in a part of town that he feels he deserves to live.

“Yeah sure, I could buy in Betoota Plains or Buttville on the edge of town, but I have designer reading glasses I don’t really need and make an impact on the world through my extensive work as an account person,” he said.

“I want to make an investment but I just can’t afford to save up a deposit. Life has gotten so much more expensive than it used to be in my parent’s day,”

“It’s just not fair.”

LOL

However, Longhurst’s 61-year-old manager has other ideas.

Speaking candidly to The Advocate, Singh Johnleton [a local advertising demi god] said that people such as Damien were ‘part of the reason why Donald Trump’ won and the ‘world is going to hell in a handcart.’

“I’ve got news for that cup cake,” he said.

“When I was his age, I saved and worked. Saved and worked. I f**king earned it,” said Johnleton.

“It boils my blood when you’ve got these four-eyed computer jockeys complaining about how much of a cup cake their life is. Well guess what, mine was a cup cake as well until I got lucky,”

“kiss me, this entire conversation has got my blood pressure through the roof. kiss!”

Mr Johnleton then told us to leave his office while he sufficiently composed himself to walk out and fire Longhurst on the spot.

“I’ll pay the unfair dismissal settlement, I just want him out of here.”

LOL

More to come.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/humans-of-betoota/make-houses-cheaper-says-millennial-just-preordered-1829-iphone/?mc_cid=4bd3a5c141&mc_eid=1b8d058525

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:37pm
You need a holiday in Betoota, Doc.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:38pm
Sound great!Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:39pm
"He does something on a computer and makes life difficult for copywriters and anybody vaguely removed from the creative process".LOL... bet he's voting YES!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 11:52am
The "TONY",   Return is gaining momentum ...   Turnbull GONSKY.

Told ya so.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 12:05pm
Sportsbet have Abbott at $5.50 to lead the LNP to the next election. Seems rather skinny, but the market is around 150%. Surprisingly, Abbott is not next to Turnbull ($1.90) in the market, that position being occupied by Peter Dutton at $3.50. I must be completely out of touch, I'd have thought Dutton a 20/1 chance.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 12:58pm
If Dutton is the answer, how scary is the question? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:21pm
But $3.50 ? I don't think I'd be keen at $31, though I do continually remind myself not to bet on things I don't have an "edge" with.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:23pm
He is a $31 chance imo but those idiots did elect Abbott leader so...... 
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:30pm
the liberal ranks are so thin they havent got an obvious leader amongst the spivs.

chris pyne is as good a resume as any of them. says it all.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

the liberal ranks are so thin they havent got an obvious leader amongst the spivs.

chris pyne is as good a resume as any of them. says it all.

Pyne 500/1..   and that's unders.

Dutton a good man but too far away and is in a very marginal seat.

Abbott is a warrior and Turnbull is the most unpopular PM since Whitlam

Turnbull has to go , and quick .      he is the only leader who Shorten would beat.
   PT should stand.     Wouldn't the sparks fly if he and Shammy led the 2 most awesome Super Powers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm
PT could be the next Doug Anthony, from the northern rivers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 555556557558559 760>