Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 760>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 12:53pm

Latika Bourke @latikambourke24m

Wow.Lib @DennisJensenMP just unloaded on PM-elect Tony Abbott's frontbench + lack of specific Science Ministry

Liberal MP Dennis Jensen 'I'm somewhat confused with what's happened with the science portfolio..will make it a schizophrenic policy area.'

'something that to me is strange, we've got a minister for sport for God's sake but we don't have a minister for science.'

Jensen on @ABCNews24 says its not too late for PM-elect Tony Abbott to name a Science Ministry ahead of swearing in Wed.

Lib MP Dennis Jensen on @ABCNews24 ranks PM-elect Tony Abbott's decision not to have a Science Ministry 'pretty low.'

Lib MP Dennis Jensen on Tony Abbott's Paid Parental Leave scheme says the $5.5b cost is too high.

Lib MP Dennis Jensen tells @ABCNews24 PM-elect Tony Abbott hasn't selected his frontbench entirely on merit 'that's political reality.'

Lib MP Dennis Jensen tells @ABCNews24 Abbot'ts $5.5b Paid parental Leave scheme is an idea 'someone had' which hasn't been 'thought through'

Lib MP Dennis Jensen tells @ABCNews24 PM-elect Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme should be sent to the Productivity Commission.

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:00pm

Lib MP Dennis Jensen on whether he'd vote for PM-elect Tony Abbott's paid parental leave policy 'I'd have to wait and see.'

Lib Dennis Jensen says Productivity Commission should see if Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme actually makes sense re cost/benefits.

Lib MP Dennis Jensen on @ABCNews24 'it's fair to say I have problems with it' [Tony Abbott's $5.5b paid parental leave scheme].

Dennis Jensen says Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme 'whacks seniors' by denying them franking credits and his constituency hates it.

Liberal MP Dennis Jensen tells @ABCNews24 the Coalition should aim to get back to surplus 'as soon as possible.'

Liberal MP Dennis Jensen on whether Direct Action could be cut for savings 'potentially.'

On whether Direct Action is economically sustainable, Liberal MP Dennis Jensen tells @ABCNews24 'elements of it will be.'

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:01pm
Real Liberals want their party back. I think Dennis Jenson wont be the last to unload on Abbott

Edited by Browndog - 17 Sep 2013 at 1:12pm
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:18pm
Don't know what the fuss is about. Abbott has plenty of girls in his ministry.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

Lib MP Dennis Jensen on whether he'd vote for PM-elect Tony Abbott's paid parental leave policy 'I'd have to wait and see.'

Lib Dennis Jensen says Productivity Commission should see if Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme actually makes sense re cost/benefits.

Lib MP Dennis Jensen on @ABCNews24 'it's fair to say I have problems with it' [Tony Abbott's $5.5b paid parental leave scheme].

Dennis Jensen says Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme 'whacks seniors' by denying them franking credits and his constituency hates it.

Liberal MP Dennis Jensen tells @ABCNews24 the Coalition should aim to get back to surplus 'as soon as possible.'

Liberal MP Dennis Jensen on whether Direct Action could be cut for savings 'potentially.'

On whether Direct Action is economically sustainable, Liberal MP Dennis Jensen tells @ABCNews24 'elements of it will be.'

The same berk wanted to be Science Minister and backed up his credentials by using Christopher Monckton as a reference. They have more than the national average of fruit cakes in their parliamentary party, you can add another.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 1:55pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:03pm
I thought the people sacked Sophie .     You can't blame Abbott.
He stuck with his originals where possible and too risky to add more Ladies or we might be up for P.P.L.
Did he have any with the credentials and experience to consider.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:12pm
No women of calibre in the LNP maxie??
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

No women of calibre in the LNP maxie??

lol BD >   Your a dry one.
I got outed from the sewer site again for saying Tony Abbott didn't have a deviate tap to turn on.
Harsh on us proud misogynists aye.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:27pm
LOL
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:35pm
Didn't know you had a sense of humour macca.... love the PPL.lol.
Did he have any woman with credentials or experience?
No. But he has one with sex appeal! boom tish.
Why is it that the LNP struggle to find women with the above yet field female candidates?? Why does the Qld LNP have bugger all women on the bench?
I don't have one
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:44pm
Peter Costello's hand picked successor in Higgins, a Liberal safe seat and "leadership seat", Kelly O'Dwyer, touted by conservatives as potentially a future woman PM can't even get a run in Abbott's run-on team. In fact she isn't rated in the top 42 by Abbott. I think Mr Jenson may have a point about there not being merit appointments
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:46pm
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.     A lot of men didn't make it to the front bench either.
Had Miss " Sex Appeal" been promoted,   Just imagine the tongues wagging.     
Re that sense of humour , not often,     I haven't had a good laugh since me Mum got a tit caught in the wringer.
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 3:51pm
Could be that women prepared to take on a representative role are more interested in 'social issues' and as a result find the Left side of politics more accommodating to their interests.
The Dude Abides
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 5:09pm
Jokes aside ,   We are reaching a point where the gender issues are more important than running the Country.
People like Ita Buttrose , Gillard , Shorten, Bowen etc. don't choose who is on the front bench for the NLP.    
At the same time it would be good to see more Women take on a Political role, however most don't and the probable reason is , Ladies don't deserve the dog eat dog environment of front line politics.
None of them choose to fight Anthony Mundine or Play front row for Souths NRL team either.
Abbotts front bench had 3 ladies going into the Election.   Sophie was turfed by the people and another will be The Speaker.
Labor is the opposition today so their delusion that Womens presence wins votes didn't work..        . We must be heartbroken to lose Gillard , Wong , Roxen etc,

Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 5:18pm
So by your reckoning the woman are useless and shouldn't be taken seriously.
This is one that cannot be spun away and will haunt Mr Abbott in years to come.
For mine its not a matter of not ready yet , Mr Abbott has to deal with public perception. This is a weak point that will fester (its already begun) and will be a target for ridicule in the future.
Its just a nonsense that WILL hurt the LNP whenever a decision needs to be made that in any way shape or form affect the fairer sex.
Its one of the dumbest political decisions Ive ever seen.
Its bold...
I don't have one
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 5:20pm
Might as well discuss these sort of issue as Tony has still not set out a clear policy agenda to discuss, and he has no intention of doing so any time soon. Slow and methodical, he says. 

That is code for 'We have to work out how to unspin our pre election scare campaign so it doesn't come back to bite us' It will take us a while
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 5:54pm
Bagman...    Be sincere and name what women you would have put onto the front bench.    Who you would have demoted and why.
I have written to Ita Buttrose to demand she fights for more slaughter Ladies in out Abattoirs too.
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Bagman...    Be sincere and name what women you would have put onto the front bench.    Who you would have demoted and why.
I have written to Ita Buttrose to demand she fights for more slaughter Ladies in out Abattoirs too.

Elle McPherson, Delta Goodrem, Sarah Murdoch,Jennifer Hawkins, Natalie Imbruglia, Megan Gale.

Question Time ratings would go through the roof.

I present their qualifications:
http://agvulpes.hubpages.com/hub/Australias-most-Beautiful-Women-by-Ag
The Dude Abides
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:30pm
Its a matter for Mr Abbott my friend.... but lets just say he has, IMHO, humped the bunk on this one.
If you don't confuse experience for aptitude then I think you'd see a few women on the bench...
I don't have one
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:31pm
Natalie Imbruglia??
Other than that I agree
I don't have one
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:54pm
Elle McPherson, Delta Goodrem, Sarah Murdoch,Jennifer Hawkins, Natalie Imbruglia, Megan Gale.
   Waggermick.     I kid you not ,     You would win by 140 seats with That front bench.
Visual stimuli is a powerful weapon.       

Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:55pm
Question time would be on at prime time baby.
Oh and Leigh Sales to be speaker...... bbbrrrrr
I don't have one
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 9:49pm
OK .. I'll leave aside the intensely parochial, partriarchal and generally female unfriendly attitudes that still exist within the old boy's clubs that are the Liberal, National and to a lesser extent Labor Parties and ask a question of you largely white, middle-class guys who talk as if by Divine Right you're entitlted (Boer-like) to your position of dominance ...

You men and boys who with very few exceptions have never and (hopefully) will never know what discrimination feels like ...  
I belong to the largest section of this country's population, to its numerical majority but I have never been represented (proportionally) by my own kind at any level of government. 

Before you laugh off my comments or turn away from my comment and resort to more persnal jibes  ...  honestly try and take a look at it from my side. 
How well represented would you feel if every male MP (party is irrelevant) was replaced by a female MP or a green spotted Martian for that matter? 
The point is that when you look at / listen to Parliament that understand what it is like to not feel represented by the beings sitting there.

I understand some people don't want to share their toys, their sandpit or their decision making and I even understand that some people like our PM elect, honestly think they are doing the best for all concerned, it's just that they (and quite a few of you guys) simply just don't get it.

"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do."

suck it up ... Life isn't run at w.f.a. :)
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 10:06pm
Yeah, OK.
Sorry if WE offended you with our jibes. I really am.
We were locked in a debate that was very blokey. Kinda like three blokes in a pub AWAY from woman. The women in our lives count amongst that.
I agree with you.
Julia Gillard was, imho, a woman of vision and principal. The amount of great initiatives she presided over will forever set her apart from Rudd and Howard. I showed the misogynist speech to my girls (I have 6 one granddaughter 5 daughters) 2 of whom watched along with my wife jaws agape. It was one for the books. I haven't heard a speech THAT inspired in an age.
The rest of your post is as thought provoking as it is legit. To have ONE female member on the front bench , is shameful. Its also political suicide......
I think that is the positive you can take away.... if there is one.
Great post....
PS please don't tell my wife about the front bench thing ;)
I don't have one
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 10:56am
Barak Obama is sending an openly gay ambassador to Australia with his partner. B.O. clearly has a wicked sense of humor LOLLOL

John Berry to be next US ambassador to Australia

• by: Staff Writers
  •  
  • June 25, 2013 1:41PM
Next US ambassador openly gay

John Berry will replace Jeffrey Bleich as US ambassador to Australia.

US PRESIDENT Barack Obama has nominated public administrator John Berry as the next US ambassador to Australia.

Mr Berry, who must be confirmed by the US Senate before he can take up the appointment, will be the first openly gay US ambassador to serve in a Group of 20 nation.

The 54-year-old former head of the Office of Personnel Management - which oversees the US public service - will replace Jeffrey Bleich.

A date has yet to be set on when Mr Bleich steps down from his Canberra role.

If Mr Berry's appointment is confirmed, he would join David Huebner the current US Ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa, as another openly gay diplomat in the region.

Australian Marriage Equality national secretary Jay Allen told New Ltd that he welcomed the appointment and had written to Mr Berry to formally congratulate him on the nomination.

Mr Allen said he met Mr Berry in Washington in March and found him to be "very approachable" and a strong advocate for gay marriage.

Mr Berry hails from Maryland and studied at the University of Maryland and Syracuse University.

In a moving video posted in November 2010 as part of the global It Gets Better campaign, Mr Berry said he was lucky to have never been bullied about his sexuality, but he added he did fear the reactions of those he loved.

"I was afraid of who I was. I was afraid God wouldn't love me, my parents wouldn't love me. I was afraid I couldn't be successful in politics. But now I know, God does love me, more than I could ever have imagined," he said.

He said when he came out to his father, a marine who went to mass daily, his Dad asked that his partner not come to the family home, but time changed him.

"Ten years later when my partner was dying from AIDS, my Dad held him in his arms and told him 'I love you like my own son'. Things do get better."

"You can be whatever you want, you can love whomever you want, but only if your first love yourself," Mr Berry said at the end of the video.

He has previously held posts in the US Treasury Department, the Smithsonian Institution, and the US Department of the Interior.

He lives in Washington DC with his partner of sixteen years Curtis Yee.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/john-berry-to-be-next-us-ambassador-to-australia/story-fncynjr2-1226669468609#ixzz2fC3CylOj
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 11:18am
Jo H..     have you thought of sitting for Parliament or do you need a Man to fill in the application.
   By the will of Mother nature,   Women can't compete with Man in most areas your nose is out of joint over.    Come back when Ladies don't have to have the equaliser of protectionism.    As in Ladies events.
As stated ,    we need slaughter women in our Abattoirs , NO applicants.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 11:23am
Gee BD ..     The Yanks would probably invade if we sent Bob Brown over there.   He wouldn't get a passport.
   China will be pleased.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 11:24am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Jo H..     have you thought of sitting for Parliament or do you need a Man to fill in the application.
   By the will of Mother nature,   Women can't compete with Man in most areas your nose is out of joint over.    Come back when Ladies don't have to have the equaliser of protectionism.    As in Ladies events.
As stated ,    we need slaughter women in our Abattoirs , NO applicants.

are you talking about physical pursuits as your stupid reference to abattoirs seems to indicate, what an old goose you really are.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 11:27am
Abbottoir is a social media tag for Abbott govt. Max is on the ballLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 760>