Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 726727728729730 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

There is something seriously wrong with our voting system or the voters.

Australian Not Going To Carpet Party looks like it is going to get a large vote, why, because he spent $30 million on advertising his crap and catchy slogans Confused
Well the blonde bird who does his ads has a much better head than Shorten for starters. And shes not insipid either !

What price is she to win the election?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Personality should not come into it but god I can’t stomach sco mo
He offers no charm, whatsoever

Why shouldn’t personality come into it? I think for a position like prime minister where you are the face of the nation that personality is very important. Need to have a charisma IMO. Shorten definitely does not have it. Hopefully he develops it in the job.
Fair comment E&E. Ugly, fat people like Whale always say looks don’t matter ! No prizes for guessing why
Refer ALP Election Promises
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:52pm

Why shouldn’t personality come into it? I think for a position like prime minister where you are the face of the nation that personality is very important. Need to have a charisma IMO. Shorten definitely does not have it. Hopefully he develops it in the job.

Surely you're taking the p1ss E&E?  Would've thought policy and a half-decent Cabinet was rather more important in terms of the nation's future.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm

There is something seriously wrong with our voting system or the voters.

Australian Not Going To Carpet Party looks like it is going to get a large vote, why, because he spent $30 million on advertising his crap and catchy slogans Confused
Well the blonde bird who does his ads has a much better head than Shorten for starters. And shes not insipid either !

What price is she to win the election?
Who cares - as long as she gives us all a smile & makes us feel good
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:05pm
This blonde?

Image result for blonde clive palmer ads
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:22pm

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I'd back Shorten over 100m against that fat Liberal leading pr1ck any day of the week.  Let alone over a marathon journey where our current PM would be distanced.

To be honest he is very slow, but good on him for making the effort. Would back Bishop against him though
I’m always very dubious of anyone who starts a sentence with “To be honest.......”

okay , he is not slow, is quick, at least quicker than you fatso LOL
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:26pm

Just tuned into the Ch 7 news only to see Shorten in shorts & T-shirt trying to run. Why would someone that uncoordinated - & with man boobs to boot - think they would impress anybody ? Appalling

His advisers should give him  a bra.

Will be the only support he can expect.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Surely you're taking the p1ss E&E?  Would've thought policy and a half-decent Cabinet was rather more important in terms of the nation's future.

Of course those things are important but a person with a personality will always get the point across and engage people better than a plank of wood. That’s a significant part of the job. Quite obvious to me that someone with personality is better all other things being equal.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:07am
Every time I pick up the paper I see another photo of Sporty Scomo's big fat beergut flopping out over his trousers.Shocked

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 10:38am
every time I turn on the TV I see a clive palmer ad. How much has he thrown at this election? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 10:42am
$30 million estimated.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 10:57am
The TerrorGraph is going to run out of front page anti-Labor scare stories at the rate they've been going. I hope they're keeping another 24 new ones ready for the rest of the campaign period.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:02am
They are very resourceful at that rag, but if they do run out of ideas they will just adapt their endless supply of British anti Labour garbage for an Australian application. Decades of material to call on.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

$30 million estimated.

I know you like him but to me he is an opportunistic, untrustworthy, lying egomaniac,  he ran 11 seconds for 100 yards when he was 14 LOL and the rest of his self interested garbage is just as believable
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:19am
How does this work ? Current Betfair odds are 1.27 ALP / 4.5 Libs/ 520 any other - which my calcs come to 78.74%, 22.22%, 0.19% = 101.15 %. Is it usual for the total to be over 100% ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:27am
All markets work the same way Whale. The amount over 100% is the commission in Betfair's case, or corporates cost margin in normal markets. They are typically 10-30% depending on the level of risk that they determine.

Betfair isan exchange where you bet against another person, not Betfair itself, so they just take a commission for providing the service.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:37am
Thanks PT - had my thinking arse about - was thinking market should have been 98.5 allowing for 1.5% comm. Secondly PT I am not Whale - that god. 😂
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:42am

Thanks PT - had my thinking arse about - was thinking market should have been 98.5 allowing for 1.5% comm. Secondly PT I am not Whale - that god. 😂

I know you admire me but no need to go that far, I am not a god but a mere mortal Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:44am

$30 million estimated.

I know you like him but to me he is an opportunistic, untrustworthy, lying egomaniac,  he ran 11 seconds for 100 yards when he was 14 LOL and the rest of his self interested garbage is just as believable
Actually 11 seconds for 100 yards at age 14 isn’t all that quick. Now your not going to believe this Whale - however I ran 2nd at the NSW interclub championships in the 100m when I was 12 in a time of 12.2 seconds ( probably equivalent to about 11.5 seconds for 100 yards). 3rd in the 200m in 24.8 secs.Thing was I never got any faster - & was still doing the same when I was 20. Still not slow though - good enough for being a breakaway in rugby & an outside back in league
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:45am
You mention Whale so often, I was confused...sorry.Embarrassed
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 11:47am
Accepted
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 12:01pm

$30 million estimated.

Actually 11 seconds for 100 yards at age 14 isn’t all that quick. Now your not going to believe this Whale - however I ran 2nd at the NSW interclub championships in the 100m when I was 12 in a time of 12.2 seconds ( probably equivalent to about 11.5 seconds for 100 yards). 3rd in the 200m in 24.8 secs.Thing was I never got any faster - & was still doing the same when I was 20. Still not slow though - good enough for being a breakaway in rugby & an outside back in league

I knew a bloke like that. Our 7th and 8th year sprint champ. He had muscles and could have had a full beard by year 8.Shocked He wasn't the year 9 sprint champ.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 12:09pm
Just worked it out - 100 yards in 11secs is pretty well spot on the same as 100m in 12 secs. It is quickish for a 14 year old - although State type levels would be running a bit over 11 seconds
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

$30 million estimated.

I knew a bloke like that. Our 7th and 8th year sprint champ. He had muscles and could have had a full beard by year 8.Shocked He wasn't the year 9 sprint champ.
Yes early maturing type - occur in all sports. Some go on - some don’t. I still can’t grow a beard by the way
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 12:12pm

I know you admire me but no need to go that far, I am not a god but a mere mortal Smile

I dont admire him, but think he is a moderate right and if the Libs are to do deals with him, he is a better option to Pauline. 

He gets a raw deal in the media. Remember the attacks on him a few years ago where they were all into him over legal troubles he was having with a Chinese mining company? He famously pulled out his earplug and walked out on a 7.30 interview where he was being attacked. 

That case was settled last year with the Chinese company settling, paying him $250m plus his costs. No apology from the media for the ruthless, biased, wrong, and politically motivated coverage. Cashed up he is running again and will hold people to account. It is not beyond him to deal with the people he will take a toll on politically. Similar to the reality Pauline faced after Tones got her locked up.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 12:22pm

Just worked it out - 100 yards in 11secs is pretty well spot on the same as 100m in 12 secs. It is quickish for a 14 year old - although State type levels would be running a bit over 11 seconds

it was actually a more outrageous time he claimed, people laughed out loud, can't find it though.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 2:12pm

He has a better action than this dipsh1t. 

Poor bloke, he is nowhere near as "Courteous and Polite" as Bullgelati Bill! Embarrassed

ScoMo should apply for a Grant ... he could be Prime Minister of Silly Walks!!!Big smile

He would never be the Laughing Stock that Bill is though, with those man boobs and that misshapen oversized head of his!LOLLOL

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

The TerrorGraph is going to run out of front page anti-Labor scare stories at the rate they've been going. I hope they're keeping another 24 new ones ready for the rest of the campaign period.

I don't think they will Tlaz!

The really scary part is that Bill just keeps fcuking up every day, and the rest of the media is working overtime to keep up, running interference for himCry ... seriously, he should be 1,000/1 based on all the lies, stuff ups and flip flops he achieved in week one alone! 

I really feel sorry for you and the other leftards ... you have to work so hard to delude ourselves into believing that people won't see any of what is actually going on, and they don't wake up to the Labor/Greens campaign of fraud ... if only you could send him and Bowen to a desert island for a month!Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 2:39pm
amazing how Dr E and oneonesit focus on the important things ,like looks, nothing better to attack Labor with I guess.
I suppose you are an adonis Dr E and no freaky lookers in your family Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 3:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 726727728729730 760>