Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 697698699700701 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:32pm
Well Sportsbet must be stupid as well Rusty. At 7pm ALP were $1.14 to win the Federal Election. At 10pm the price had drifted to $1.18. So maybe my comment wasn’t that stupid after all.................
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:35pm
I'm expecting some announcements now that the State election is over.

Great to see Mark Latham back in Public Life ..   Watch One Nation surge .

Energy Prices and making the Country drought proof , would be a good start.

Border Security will be hammered.

Always good to see the Heavenly State of NSW under reliable Management.

Plus the great oneonesit's return , to add support to weeding out these Crazy Green lefties.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:47pm
Cheers Macca. I just hope Shorten & his handmaidens stick to the important issues like Climate Change , Gender Fluidity , Gender Equality , Indiginous Reconciliation & improving social welfare benefits to all & sundry. Guaranteed to sure up their inner city seats. Esp with the Greens on stand-by to give them a hand.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:57pm
Why doesn’t The Shooters Party cop the same sort of flak that One Nation & Palmers United Party get ? The bloke running seems a bit of a goose. They are becoming more of a force out in the country
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 1:55am
A few observations;

Guess Who's Getting New Stadiums!!!??? WOOHOO!!!Big smile

Labor was up against it - try as they might, they could never completely hide his boofhead, and banishing Bill to WA for a week just wasn't enough ... any further from Sydney of course and he would have been in the Indian Ocean!Cry

They should have sent the Lying Anti-Asian Racist Temporary NSW ALP Opposition Leader to WA last week to carry Bills bags!!!Embarrassed

The Parrot usually gets the last word against these imposters and did it again; 

"Michael Daley ... Thank you for your service!"LOL

Winx might be retiring after her next run, but we have her replacement ready to carry the Blue Colours with equal class, quality, dignity and dominance into the future - GLADYS IS THE WINX OF NSW POLITiCS!!!Hug

None of this will help ScoMo win the Federal Election ... BUT IT WON'T HURT!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:31am
If he ordered some Coal Fired energy Stations , A few Dams to drought proof the inland and a 20% reduction of electricity , he would be well on the way .
Add that to Border protection and most voters might understand what he's talking about .

Can we ever forget JOBS & GROWTH .     What race was it in.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 6:30am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Well Sportsbet must be stupid as well Rusty. At 7pm ALP were $1.14 to win the Federal Election. At 10pm the price had drifted to $1.18. So maybe my comment wasn’t that stupid after all.................

Sportsbet stupid enough to be posting that an expected NSW win was a train wreck federally?

I don’t think so.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:00am

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Sportsbet stupid enough to be posting that an expected NSW win was a train wreck federally?

I don’t think so.
  The train wreck related to the pathetic NSW ALP stoopid. Your not suggesting it wasnt are you ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:01am
Then why are you continually quoting the odds for the federal election.....

It’s stupid to keep digging when you’re in a hole.

And in terms of a train wreck in the state election, how many seats would a rational person expect ALP to have lost in a train wreck?
Let’s not forget, Gladys firmed as favourite in the final week.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:04am
I'm starting to see why the good Doc has so much trouble explaining things to you.

I would have thought a movement in Sportsbets price over 3 hours on election night from $1.14 to $1.18 could only be assessed as a case of the blows. Its nearly a 30% increase on the offer. So unless i am 'Stupid" - it would suggest in Sportsbets eyes that the ALP's hopes of winning the Federal were in fact less because of the NSW outcome. Now i'm happy to hear you give me another reason that made more sense.......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:24am
It would appear that you could well be stupid.

An easing from 1.14 to 1.18 represents an 87.7% chance reduced to 84.7% chance.

You’re obviously still doing year 4 maths with Doc......

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:26am
Is there any correlation with State and Federal elections? State Labor governments kept getting returned all through the Howard era.didnt follow it, what were the “issues” the two main parties ran on over there?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:44am

It would appear that you could well be stupid.

An easing from 1.14 to 1.18 represents an 87.7% chance reduced to 84.7% chance.

You’re obviously still doing year 4 maths with Doc......

I see - so a movement from $1.14 to $1.18 is equivalent to an extra 3% margin to the punter according to you ? You have no idea
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:56am
Maths is maths, don’t get angry at me if you don’t understand it.

To put it words that maybe you can understand.

If you put $100 on ALP on Saturday morning, you’d stand to win $14.
If you risked $100 now, you’d stand to win $18.
That’s a difference of $4 for every $100.
That’s sweet FA.
Even if you did it in 20c pieces.......
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:02am
I'm no mathematical genius - however i'd back myself against you Rusty. A movement from $`1.14 to $1.18 is the equivalent of a $2 pop easing to just under $2.30 (almost a 30% increase in price). You do realise price & probabilities are 2 different languages don't you ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:10am

Maths is maths, don’t get angry at me if you don’t understand it.

To put it words that maybe you can understand.

If you put $100 on ALP on Saturday morning, you’d stand to win $14.
If you risked $100 now, you’d stand to win $18.
That’s a difference of $4 for every $100.
That’s sweet FA.
Even if you did it in 20c pieces.......
Exactly - so you would be getting a return of 18cents for every $ invested vs 14cents for every $1 invested. So for every $ invested your return is roughly 30% more (4/14). You still with me Rusty ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:12am
No wonder you struggled with Doc over anything financial.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:25am
Oh dear........
You are certainly no mathematical genius.....
You do realise that prices are based on,or are a reflection/expression of perceived probabilities?
To suggest that the price has moved by 30%, is a complete distortion of events.
But hey,if that’s what makes 4th graders happy, then you stick with it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:27am
How many seats in total did Labor lose and did LNP gain in your ''train'wreck'' fantasy oneone?

Hint don't quote Gladys she lied.Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Your not the first person to fall for the 3 card trick of including the stake Rusty. Seen many a dimwit do it. I'm sure Doc will see the lighter side of this exchange - a movement in price from $1.14 to $1.18 is in your words "SFA". An increase return of just under 30% is hardly that.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

How many seats in total did Labor lose and did LNP gain in your ''train'wreck'' fantasy oneone?

Things must be a bit brighter for you this morning PT. Hard to get any comments from your lot last night - most odd. Just go & bath in your success - you deserve it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:56am

Your not the first person to fall for the 3 card trick of including the stake Rusty. Seen many a dimwit do it. I'm sure Doc will see the lighter side of this exchange - a movement in price from $1.14 to $1.18 is in your words "SFA". An increase return of just under 30% is hardly that.

OMG,
You really can’t count.
How much extra do you collect for $100?
For you to portray an $14 dividend increasing to $18,as a massive 30% turnaround,speaks volumes for your analytical abilities.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:06pm
Listen Rusty your beyond help. The size of the stake is irrelevant to the % increase return. If i have invested $1 I have made 4 cents more, $100 is $4 more, $1000 is $40 more & so on. The percentage increase is 28.6% in all cases.   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:07pm

Things must be a bit brighter for you this morning PT. Hard to get any comments from your lot last night - most odd. Just go & bath in your success - you deserve it

I had an excellent night thanks oneone.Thumbs Up

It will be topped off if Mark Latham gets a second quota and the PHON and SFF battle it out for who owns Gladys.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:11pm

I had an excellent night thanks oneone.Thumbs Up

It will be topped off if Mark Latham gets a second quota and the PHON and SFF battle it out for who owns Gladys.
Excellent. Pretty well a win/win situation for me & Macca then. Another well orchestrated loss for the ALP supporters to celebrate (i pinched that from Doc)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:22pm
You know there is a Federal election in 2 months oneone?

Your mob have 4 country seats in doubt or flipped yesterday at state level as the RWNJ civil war rages on. 

How many seats does SlowMo have up his sleeve that he can throw away? Oh that's right he is is already in minority. You better get Barnyard back in the fold pretty quick methinks. He is an absolute fruitcake but simple country folk like him, if they can put the water thing and the services thing and the infrastructure failings behind them. Only 2 months to get a NatSpill happening. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:25pm
Which is why Sportsbet have the ALP as short-priced favourites at $1.18. Just a little bit longer than they were before the NSW Election.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:32pm

Listen Rusty your beyond help. The size of the stake is irrelevant to the % increase return. If i have invested $1 I have made 4 cents more, $100 is $4 more, $1000 is $40 more & so on. The percentage increase is 28.6% in all cases.   

You’ve got most of it right.
Very good on understanding what 4% equates to.
Which is not much,whatever the sums involved.

However,it’s a dismal fail in portraying it a massive change in circumstances.
The price movement of 4% is insignificant, that’s what’s relevant.

By your logic, If the price increased from 1.01 to 1.015 that a massive 50% increase on the old price,which you suggest infers a dramatic shift in circumstances.
Where in reality,it’s an almost meaningless change in circumstances.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:36pm
So what happened to the LNP yesterday? I didn't watch the coverage.

You had a Premier that a lot of people like and who hasn't offended many leading a govt who hadn't done a whole lot wrong and an opposition desperate to self immolate yet today you are sitting on a bare majority or a hung parliament.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 697698699700701 760>