Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 685686687688689 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 3:43pm
Do you think the banks etc would be better off with Labor then? 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Do you think the banks etc would be better off with Labor then? 

The banks will be no better off under Labor or Liberals if they are doing EXACTLY the same thing - why ask a stupid question like that CNNPT - oh, because the LABOR BANKING RC findings are a dud ...Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:06pm
Because you said Freudenburg is going to be tougher on the banks and Bowen is squibbibg it?

''Joshy said he will enact them all ... Babbling Chris Bowen almost cried in response ''

Forgot you said it already? I guess when you have to have a good memory to be a good liar eh?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:11pm
Managing director Finance Brokers of Australia about to be interviewed

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:18pm
Well you can be guaranteed he'll be screaming "foul, inequity, we're getting screwed".  Instead of their clients for a change.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Because you said Freudenburg is going to be tougher on the banks and Bowen is squibbibg it?

''Joshy said he will enact them all ... Babbling Chris Bowen almost cried in response ''

Forgot you said it already? I guess when you have to have a good memory to be a good liar eh?

Yeah, that's a lie CNNPT.

He cried because Joshy stole his thunder you dope!Embarrassed

This was "LABOR'S BANKING ROYAL COMMISSION THAT THE LIBERALS DIDN'T WANT" ... remember?

Well, looks like the Liberals are fine with it - so Babbling Bowen doesn't know where to go now, except to say BANKS ARE BAD ... LIBERALS FIXING BANKS ... JOSHY STOLE MY SCHTICK!!!Cry

Get it now?

APOLOGY ACCEPTED!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Well you can be guaranteed he'll be screaming "foul, inequity, we're getting screwed".  Instead of their clients for a change.

It is interesting to see that The BRC did not actually take any submissions from Mortgage Brokers, yet made their decision solely on the advice of the CBA head ... you are talking through your ass, based on zero research, aren't you SC?Embarrassed

What evidence are you quoting that says that clients are being screwed at a higher rate by Mortgage Brokers than Banks? ... I've actually never heard that one, so please educate me, I might go directly to CBA in future!!!LOLLOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:38pm
Mortgage Choice 

Down 28%
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:47pm
Doc it hardly matters who was allowed to screw any more than another screwer.  They must all change their ways and believe me only a Labor Government will enact appropriately and comprehensively if only because your mob and the banking and finance industry are irreparably joined at the hip.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:07pm

Doc it hardly matters who was allowed to screw any more than another screwer.  They must all change their ways and believe me only a Labor Government will enact appropriately and comprehensively if only because your mob and the banking and finance industry are irreparably joined at the hip.

That is just small-minded biased stupidity ... once again supported only by nothing more than your own imagined pre-conceptions, and zero research - how do you go through life with any degree of confidence or success like that!?Embarrassed

Have you ever dealt with a Mortgage Broker V's a Bank SC? 

... I remember my first Home Loan, we only got it because my mate's Dad was a Westpac Bank Manager!LOL My guy I use now, and have a couple of times, actually used to be a senior lender in a major bank - immense experience and knowledge, nothing ever a problem, comes to me at my convenience, got the right products and a better deal than the bank advertised, and gave me a nice bottle of wine and chocolates for the missus too! ... unfortunately, last time, we then had to go to the bank for the sign up - which the disinterested idiot desk jockey who was barely a teller and knew next to nothing about the products I was getting, proceeded to fcuk up ... so had to go back a week later to do it again - she was more interested in selling me insurance and credit cards that I already had! 

I probably would be prepared to pay for the broker service, but most wouldn't.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Mortgage Choice 

Down 28%

ALL of the major bank shares went up yesterday morning, peeking about 4 hours before the findings were released ... a little bit of leaking and insider trading never hurt anyone - nothing to see here!LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

[QUOTE=Second Chance]Doc it hardly matters who was allowed to screw any more than another screwer.  They must all change their ways and believe me only a Labor Government will enact appropriately and comprehensively if only because your mob and the banking and finance industry are irreparably joined at the hip.

That is just small-minded biased stupidity ... once again supported only by nothing more than your own imagined pre-conceptions, and zero research - how do you go through life with any degree of confidence or success like that!?Embarrassed QUOTE]

It's very difficult to respond to such nonsense, particularly given I've essentially paraphrased exactly what Kenneth Haynes said in his report.  Wacko

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:39pm

[QUOTE=Second Chance]Doc it hardly matters who was allowed to screw any more than another screwer.  They must all change their ways and believe me only a Labor Government will enact appropriately and comprehensively if only because your mob and the banking and finance industry are irreparably joined at the hip.

That is just small-minded biased stupidity ... once again supported only by nothing more than your own imagined pre-conceptions, and zero research - how do you go through life with any degree of confidence or success like that!?Embarrassed QUOTE]

It's very difficult to respond to such nonsense, particularly given I've essentially paraphrased exactly what Kenneth Haynes said in his report.  Wacko

So you have no actual experience of dealing with these people, but you can blindly cut and paste a headline!Clap

You didn't even read what I wrote, let alone do any research, did you?

You are nothing if not a consistently uninformed time waster ... don't worry, from the different media sources out there, it seems like this is about the only point of contention in all of the findings and recommendations, and there will be more discussion on it ... let's see if the banks get their way ...
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:00pm
Don’t worry Doc, someone will harness the mortgage brokers base and aggregate it to access RMBS funding, so you are probably not completely cooked.

Good luck with your trailing commissions though, think that’s going the way of the dodo.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Don’t worry Doc, someone will harness the mortgage brokers base and aggregate it to access RMBS funding, so you are probably not completely cooked.

Good luck with your trailing commissions though, think that’s going the way of the dodo.

what is that about, insurance salesman ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:13pm
Nah, I was referring to mortgage brokers, who also “earn” these fees.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:43pm
Lucky I divested into Big Banks and Crypto ... Big smile

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/shares-in-australian-mortgage-broking-companies-are-getting-destroyed-2019-2
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:02pm

Memory momentarily fails me.  Which was the political party, or should I say coalition, that on no less than 26 occasions voted against the institution of a Royal Commission which ultimately found heinous misconduct throughout the banking, finance and mortgage industries at the expense of ordinary Australians?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:05pm

26 times, that is how often they refused to hold a Royal Commission into banking Ouch

No doubt Doc will say there is nothing to see here Confused

Nationals Senator John "Wacka" Williams has pushed for a BRC since his election in 2008! 

Bill Shorten the ALP's Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation rejected his call for a Royal Commission whilst Labor was in Government. 

Most of the Corrupt acts that were reported in the hearings occurred whilst Labor was in power.

Try to keep up SC ... Bullgelati Bill and his Comrades are LIARS!

They voted against Same Sex Marriage too ... that was left up to the LNP to fix as well ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:07pm
Please say nothing at all if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:21pm

Please say nothing at all if you have nothing worthwhile but facts to contribute.

There fixed. You're welcome!

Learn something. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:22am
CRIMINAL .. Dr Phelps advertised for Patients today . Claiming her books have vacancies now.

$400 initial consult.       
.Also On Council Duties , on top of her Political Membership .
Surely Politicians don't have this much time on their hands.

All that money to see someone who has such a questionable history in life, as a Bi Sexual Professor.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:06pm
What is going on here, a Liberal with a conflict of interest, beholden to financial interest Shocked
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:18pm

What is going on here, a Liberal with a conflict of interest, beholden to financial interest Shocked

"Labor Homophobes want Gay Liberal MP to Quit Inquiry"

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 10:46pm

<h1 ="h1="" line="" article__line"="">Liberal MP urged to quit Labor tax inquiry</h1>

<font size="6" color="#ff00ff">"Labor Homophobes want Gay Liberal MP to Quit Inquiry"

Why even bother posting such tosh?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 1:07pm
Meanwhile, another heavy breathing Liberal accused of sleazing on a woman.

Federal assistant minister apologises for inappropriate behaviour towards female RAAF member

Exclusive by defence reporter Andrew Greene

Updated about 6 hours ago

A Federal Government minister has apologised for "inappropriate" actions towards a female Defence officer, admitting he "behaved like an idiot" while on a military exchange program in Darwin.

Key points:

• Liberal Assistant Minister Scott Buchholz participated in a Defence exercise last year
  • A member of the Defence Force complained about his conduct towards her on the trip
  • MPs on the trip also angered Defence by skipping events to go to horse races in Darwin

Queensland Liberal Scott Buchholz has told the ABC he offered an apology to the RAAF member immediately after she lodged a formal complaint about his conduct.

"I behaved like an idiot on a parliamentary exchange last year and I recognise how inappropriate my actions were," Mr Buchholz said more...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-07/liberal-frontbencher-admits-inappropriate-behaviour-defence-raaf/10785572

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:35pm
He says he apologised immediately she made an official complaint, like that gives him the high moral ground.....

Hey mate,what did you do that warranted an apology?

..not saying...

Hope he did his arse when they played hookey and went to the races..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:39pm
Give it a rest Rusty.  The bloke was doing no more nor less than demonstrating and upholding Coalition members' attitude towards women.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:42pm
Misrepresentation writ large.  Who would've thought?  Shocked

'Retiree group' lobbying against Labor unmasked as Libs in disguise

Liberal Senate candidate Robert Gunning runs the so-called retirees' group alongside several other mates from the trucking lobby.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:59pm
Dutton said he didn't know what happened,thought an apology was appropriate for what happened 😳😳😳😳
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 685686687688689 760>