Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 631632633634635 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:15pm
Some of them clearly could not care less about saving taxpayer money. This halfwit spent $2832 for one month on something that any 12 year old with a brain in their head could get for $60.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:32pm
Not true Tlaz, CNNPT - aren't you going to let the FBI investigate?

Seems that he is in a particularly poor reception spot, too far from the node, and that was the cost for reliable inet coverage! 

He has an appointment with the NBN guy next week!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:34pm
No, I am sure PM CoalMo will conduct a fair and thorough investigation.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:44pm
Hi whale Hug

Julie Bishop recalls meeting with Vladimir Putin after Tony Abbott warned of a 'shirtfronting' over MH17

Former foreign minister Julie Bishop has described the moment she confronted Russian President Vladimir Putin over the MH17 disaster on behalf of Tony Abbott.

Ms Bishop, during a speaking engagement at the University of New South Wales, was asked to explain how she approached the foreign leader in 2014, after a Russian missile shot down the Malaysia Airlines plane, killing nearly 300 people, including 38 Australians.

At the time, Russia had been heavily criticised for resisting to cooperate with investigations into the crash, and then-prime minister Mr Abbott had threatened to "shirtfront" Mr Putin at the upcoming G20 summit in Brisbane.But before the leaders met at G20, Ms Bishop, then foreign minister, attended a summit of European and Asian leaders in Italy and took the opportunity to approach Mr Putin.

"I was sitting opposite President Putin. He hadn't agreed to a bilateral meeting with me, nor did I expect it because I'm a foreign minister and I wasn't his counterpart," she explained.

"But I had to speak to him about MH17 and Russia's lack of cooperation."

Ms Bishop then described the moment she noticed Mr Putin's advisers had left him, and she decided to seize the opportunity to talk to him.

"He was alone at the table. So I hot-footed around the other side and tapped him on the shoulder," she said.

Ms Bishop said the Russian President asked her to move away from the table — packed with microphones — before they commenced a robust conversation in English.

"I delivered Australia's message to him as forcefully as I could," she recalled.

"His eyes never left my face, and they are piercing blue eyes.

"And he said: 'So this is what you call a shirtfront?' I said: 'It's more of a diplomatic buttonholing.'"

Ms Bishop said at that point, Mr Putin's advisers returned to squirrel him away from the conversation, and he immediately reverted to speaking Russian.

At the time of the summit, Ms Bishop described the talk as "cooperative" and noted that Mr Putin had agreed to allow investigators further access to the crash site.

Mr Abbott did go on to speak with the Russian leader at the G20 summit, by which point the suggested "shirtfront" had transformed into a "very robust discussion" instead.

Tony Abbott and Vladimir Putin

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

No, I am sure PM CoalMo will conduct a fair and thorough investigation.

It's done, asked and answered! ... unless he tried to grab you on the pussy 36 year ago, this one is done and dusted - sorry, CNNPT, seems like a waste of OUTRAGE!!! I know, but there's nothing to see here ...

Feel free to go "Rrrreeeee!" if it helps. 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:56pm
Hahahaha!LOL

"And he said: 'So this is what you call a shirtfront?' I said: 'It's more of a diplomatic buttonholing.'"

... suuuurrrrrre she did! ... or did she have it "leaked" to him?Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:56pm
Far from done and dusted. Bill is just sitting back watching these dysfunctionals self destruct.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:04pm

Far from done and dusted. Bill is just sitting back watching these dysfunctionals self destruct.

Did you hear his explanation or not?

Too far from the node, no cheap alternative, I've had to deal with the same problem, perfectly credible.

So unless you have a regressive memory, it's a big nothing burger Mrs Feinstein!Wink

God forbid they actually do self destruct, as you keep hoping - there is no alternative government!Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:07pm
If Labor do not pursue this, it may well be as I suggested a Parakeelia type rort. With that scam Labor didn't chase it because they had their own scheme. As it has turned out those data collection schemes have been exposed in the US and Britain. It was the same here.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:13pm
Who will be the attack dog CNNPT?

Not Bullgelati Bill ... everytime he gets his head on the TV the Coallition gains another point!

You're wasting your time with this one anyway.

I think you would do more good trying to find some more of those gang rape victims that litter the corridors of Yale ... Oooops, too late, and besides, there are none!

Enjoy the confirmation vote, not many sleeps now!Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:20pm
As I said to Shammy, I hope he is confirmed. Republicans will be decimated in 4 weeks by a pink wave, and proper committees will start rolling.Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 10:16pm

As I said to Shammy, I hope he is confirmed. Republicans will be decimated in 4 weeks by a pink wave, and proper committees will start rolling.Thumbs Up

You are a sad person, if you really believe that there are enough women out there with Pussy Hats, who are as blinkered, gullible and deranged as you!Wacko

You know the whole thing was a Trump Sting don't you - the base is fired up, because they have all been wrongfully accused of rape!

Actually, that conspiracy theory probably works better if he's not confirmed, but either way, it was scathingly brilliant!!!Wink
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 10:33pm
In the wilds of the Gold Coast? Was he at the bottom of a canal? Paragliding over the hinterland?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:01pm
It was such a necessity for him to do his job that he has now agreed to refund the money.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:04pm
That node just got a little closer, eh?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:20am
I understand he will get his money back when he takes action against NBN Co.

Yawn ... move on hand wringers.Sleepy

Hey, anyone know how many times Bullgelati Bill get in front of the camera this week ... was it enough to push the Coalition in front in the polls? Embarrassed

In the mean time, ScoMo called on a favour from a mate, and we got that rain we'd been praying for!Tongue

I think it's going to be an iteresting week ahead!Big smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 3:40pm
SHOCK , HORROR ,       Talking $2 a litre for petrol, Northern Suburbs of Brisbane today-----

Will be Trumps fault...      How dare he have the USA going so well.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

In the wilds of the Gold Coast? Was he at the bottom of a canal? Paragliding over the hinterland?

I have the same problem in Bankstown ... couldn't get Netflicks - if you are not close enough to the node, you have to spend the money ... he'll be ok now though, they will spend a million or so setting a new node up at his nearest street corner ... it will never be missed!Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

SHOCK , HORROR ,       Talking $2 a litre for petrol, Northern Suburbs of Brisbane today-----

Will be Trumps fault...      How dare he have the USA going so well.

Short term problem macca - under the Paris terms, the only vehicle you will be allowed to operate will be a 50cc motorbike, and you will be restricted to going to the local shops and back once a week, if it's not electric - I'm going to try to buy up as many 100 km long electric leads as I can before then!Big smile
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:13pm
Poor people don’t drive anyway do they, so it shouldn’t matter lol.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 11:51am
Looking forward to labor not wanting this. and to the arguments opposing this. Probably something along the lines of human rights, issues, abuses etc.....how is drought country going to support and sustain. government staff to move to the country to support, monitor, etc.LOL

The Morrison government plans to impose new visa conditions forcing migrants to live outside Sydney and Melbourne

THE Morrison government has proposed a radical new plan for migrants in the wake of our growing population crisis.

news.com.auOCTOBER 9, 20189:57A

The Government will force new migrants to live in regional areas for 5 years (Sunrise)

OVERSEAS workers will be required to settle outside Sydney and Melbourne for five years as part of the Morrison government’s plan to address population growth.

It’s part of the new government’s landmark population policy to ease congestion in the two major cities.

Population and Urban ­Infrastructure Minister Alan Tudge will today discuss the forthcoming population policy in a speech to the Menzies Research Centre in Melbourne.

According to The Australian, he will say that our unplanned population growth has led to an infrastructure and settlement imbalance, costing the nation up to $25 billion per year due to congestion in capital cities.

He also warns this will reach more than $40 billion within 10 years.

“Overall, the costs of congestion to the economy are already great, and rising steeply,” he will say. “This is a serious challenge for families and a serious economic challenge for the nation. There was insufficient infrastructure built in the early 2000s, particularly in Melbourne and Sydney, to cater for forecast growth, let alone the actual growth.”

Mr Tudge will flag a new partnership between federal and state governments to manage infrastructure and population growth.The new visa condition will be placed on a pool of skilled migrants who are not tied to geographic areas — like those sponsored by companies or granted family visas. According to The Australian, this accounts for around 45 per cent of the total intake.

Those who try to defy these conditions could have their visas revoked, or lose their chance at permanent residency to apply for citizenship.“While the overall population of Australia has been growing at the rapid rate of 1.6 per cent per annum, our three large population centres have been some of the fastest-growing cities in the world,” Mr Tudge will say.

“Melbourne last year grew by 2.7 per cent, Sydney by 2.1 per cent and southeast Queensland by 2.3 per cent. We are working on measures to have more arrivals go to smaller states and regions and require them to be there for a few years. In that time, the evidence suggests, many will make it their home for the long term. This will require close co-­operation across different agencies, including regional develop­ment, to ensure we get the settings right so that those smaller states and regions can benefit economically from population growth.The main factor driving our growth has been net overseas migration, accounting for 60 per cent of population growth over the last decade, while the remaining growth has been due to natural increases.

“Most notably, there was a step change increase in population growth from 2007 under the Rudd government, almost entirely driven by lifting the immigration rate. The growth rate for our nation (and particularly our big cities) was well above projections.”he new visa condition will be placed on a pool of skilled migrants who are not tied to geographic areas under the Morrison government’s new plan.Source:AAP

Over the past six months, concerns have been raised over whether our biggest cities can continue to cope under the strain of new arrivals, with Australia’s population surpassing 25 million earlier this month.

According to recent Department of Home Affairs figures, 87 per cent of the 111,000 skilled migrants who arrived in the country this past financial year had permanently settled in Sydney or Melbourne.

Between 2006 and 2016, the majority of arrivals have settled in Sydney or Melbourne, at 27.6 per cent and 26.3 per cent of total arrivals respectively.

By comparison, only 3.2 per cent moved to regional NSW, and 1.9 per cent to regional Victoria.

Under the new model, it’s understood the five-year period would be based on a threshold, after which migrants could stay in their location or move around.

EXPERTS RAISE DOUBTS ABOUT NEW POLICY

When Mr Morrison first proposed the plan in August, experts raised doubts about how effective the policy would be in practice.

Cities Research Institute’s Dr Tony Matthews questioned whether the model would be legally viable.

“The immigration system in the past has tried to encourage people to move to regions by giving them extra points. I’m not sure it’s legally viable,” he told news.com.au.

“It’s certainly unsustainable to continue with the current model with the bulk of immigrants going to Sydney and Melbourne because it’s creating significant pressure.”

He acknowledged there would be benefits both ways, including a boost to regional economies.

“You have to question immediately whether the economics of regional cities offer the employment opportunities those skilled migrants would need to access.

“You would have to try match up these skill shortages in specific regional cities to try and ensure there was continuity and connection between these skills. If it’s needed, but if you can’t match it, that seems counter-productive.”

The plan aims to ease the strain on Sydney and Melbourne.

The plan aims to ease the strain on Sydney and Melbourne.Source:News Limited

Paul Burton, director of the institute, agreed, saying it was a surprising position for the Morrison government to take.

“Not only does it restrict the rights of some individuals to live where they choose but it interferes with market forces,” he told news.com.au.“While it is difficult to imagine any government restricting the right of the vast majority of Australians to live where they like, we have of course been down this road before in forcing First Australians to live on missions and reservations. And, rightly, we have abandoned it.

“Just because this latest proposal could possibly be implemented through the imposition of visa conditions, doesn’t make it right. But how might it work out in practice?

“First, you would have to define the exclusion zone, presumably covering the whole of metropolitan Sydney and Melbourne rather than just the central area jurisdictions carrying those names.

“Second, you’d have to be clear that congested Brisbane or Perth didn’t also merit inclusion. Then, there would be possible exceptions to the rule. For example, if I chose to live in Newcastle, lost my job and was offered another and perhaps even better one in Sydney, would I have to turn it down and remain unemployed in Newcastle? Or perhaps I could commute? There are many difficulties like this that make this an impractical as well as an unreasonable policy proposal.”

He said this was a “symbolic policy”, noting Sydneysiders would not feel the difference if migrants were suddenly directed to regional areas. There are baseline issues in infrastructure and housing that need to be addressed.

“If we are serious about dealing with the uneven distribution of jobs, houses and infrastructure around the country, we need a coherent and comprehensive national settlement strategy that harnesses the powers and expertise of all three levels of government.

“Such a strategy will help guide the investment decisions of public and private sector service providers and might lead to smaller cities and towns beyond the congested capitals becoming more attractive places to live and work.Little visa sticks and small relocation inducement carrots will do little but annoy some people, disappoint others and waste some scarce public money. The new government needs to think bigger and more boldly if it is to manage the growing crisis in our cities.”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 12:43pm
How long has this stuff been around Isaac?

They dust off this stupid stinky demagoguery  every couple of elections to rile up you anti immigration mob.

It clearly works LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 12:52pm
new generations, new demographics, new circumstances why not!

didnt take you long to come out againstLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 1:36pm
It didn't work in 1973 when the Whitlam govt decentralized govt departments to regional areas to promote population hubs and it wont work in New England after Barnaby's brainfart to save his seat.

Maybe they could invest in the infrastructure required to allow people to live where they prefer to live and work or invest in incentives to grow regional industry. 

No, that wont work, it means these govts have to spend money on stuff other than what is their own interests.

Much simpler to pull out the old dog whistle and deflect to immigrants.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 2:54pm
yoou should be in politics pt.

i missed this excuse...a thought bubble....waiting for expansion.

you know, an actual opinion which whale hangs out for.

so what is it to be pt? no immigration? because we cant, wont, they wont go bush?

invest in the infrastructure? trouble is the city are sooo0oo demanding, like baby birds, they want to be fed firstLOL

its curious isnt it that a lot of the immigrant/refugees actually come from rural backgrounds/situations.

is it a case it gives the public servants, not for profits a job, looking after these people?

at the moment the most insightful thing labor can say is a "thought bubble"?LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:11pm
From rural backgrounds? Are you sure about that? Sounds like a stereotype to me or maybe you confuse immigration for refugee intake.

We have had a skills based immigration system for some time, not subsistence dirt farmers, goat herders and labourers any more. Remember your man Trump last year saying the US should copy our system.

They have tried sending foreign intern doctors and such to rural areas as part of their residency but they invariably go to the capitals to work when done.  Rural hospitals are closing down or being forced to merge into larger regional hospitals. You cant make people work where they dont want to.

Globally major urban living is where it is headed. Decentralisation as a penalty rather than by incentive wont work.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

I have the same problem in Bankstown ... couldn't get Netflicks - if you are not close enough to the node, you have to spend the money ... he'll be ok now though, they will spend a million or so setting a new node up at his nearest street corner ... it will never be missed!Thumbs Up

If you haven't got NBN you've got ADSL2. Unlimited data ADSL2 plan comes in at $54.95 a month.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:30pm
what comes first? the population moves away therfore doctors dont have patients, or doctors move first and the patients have to move to be near medical facilities?

if the REFUGEES/IMMIGRANTS have to stay for 5 years, well rural populations will increase....yes?

tree/sea change whats wrong with that? retirees, elderly going country much better for mental well being. services will be there or follow.

pt your stuck on the chinese model.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:33pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

what comes first? the population moves away therfore doctors dont have patients, or doctors move first and the patients have to move to be near medical facilities?

if the REFUGEES/IMMIGRANTS have to stay for 5 years, well rural populations will increase....yes?

tree/sea change whats wrong with that? retirees, elderly going country much better for mental well being. services will be there or follow.

pt your stuck on the chinese model.

Simplesness Isaac, you let people live and work where they choose and build infrastructure around their choices.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 631632633634635 760>