Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 506507508509510 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:11pm
If you are seriously naive enough to belive that the CFMEUALP is LESS corrupt, then I should be able to interest you in a have second hand bridge in Sydney I'm selling, plus a block of flats on the Gold Coast ... special price for you!Tongue

As an aside, from what I gather, this is her THIRD investment property ON THE GOLD COAST!!! ... I take back what I said previously about her making money ... that will be punishment enough ... who tf invests that sort of money in Gold Coast Real Estate???Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:13pm
This is so funny and sad.

While PT posts salient facts, Dr E continues to post his meaningless mantras,  CFMEUALP and Bullegati Bill.

We all know who owns who in this thread Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:33pm
I dont know who is more corrupt, but I just gave you about 20 recent examples. Unless the Liberals are holding back on naming Labor members, it would suggest there aren't any. They didn't hold back on Craig Thompson. They dont get stuck into Eddie because all his mates were Libs. Feel free to name names though if you know otherwise
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

If you are seriously naive enough to belive that the CFMEUALP is LESS corrupt, then I should be able to interest you in a have second hand bridge in Sydney I'm selling, plus a block of flats on the Gold Coast ... special price for you!Tongue

As an aside, from what I gather, this is her THIRD investment property ON THE GOLD COAST!!! ... I take back what I said previously about her making money ... that will be punishment enough ... who tf invests that sort of money in Gold Coast Real Estate???Dead

it shouldn't be a partisan issue,whenever rorting is exposed, they should have to walk the plank.
No matter what side of the house they are on.
Defending her poor ethics by finger pointing at the other sides school yard ideology.

Undoubtedly some of the ALP guys have been caught and suffered little punishment.
But that's not the standard we are all aiming at is it?

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 10:06pm
Sussan Ley's explanation for her impulse buy while on official business, which must be kept secret from the public, is preposterous.LOL 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

it shouldn't be a partisan issue,whenever rorting is exposed, they should have to walk the plank.
No matter what side of the house they are on.
Defending her poor ethics by finger pointing at the other sides school yard ideology.

Undoubtedly some of the ALP guys have been caught and suffered little punishment.
But that's not the standard we are all aiming at is it?

Yes, I couldn't agree more rusty, and if you go back a few posts, that was what I said.

PT and Whale would prefer to take inventory and try to win points, and pretend there is only one side doing anything wrong, than suggest something constructive be done about it, and we know that the ALP will never agree to any real unilateral penalty system anyway.

The ones that are caught, are normally just the stupid ones anyway, not the ones to be concerned about ...

In saying all of that, I still think that an act of treason and the undermining of both your nation and your party's position, in exchange for a fist full of yen, deserves more than a spell in the naughty seat for Senator Dastyari ... when you consider , that all Susan Ley did was use her spare time effectively ... just sayin'Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

This is so funny and sad.

While PT posts salient facts, Dr E continues to post his meaningless mantras,  CFMEUALP and Bullegati Bill.

We all know who owns who in this thread Wink

I find this kind of post encouraging to everyone.Thumbs Up

That you actually think about this stuff is very impressive!Clap

... notwithstanding the fact that you blindly believe anything anyone says that is in anyway supportive of the leftards, what I find truly amazing, is that you can even strike the keys in the correct order to get any kind of message across ... an achievement in itself, well done, you must be an inspiration to so many Comrades!!Big smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I dont know who is more corrupt, but I just gave you about 20 recent examples. Unless the Liberals are holding back on naming Labor members, it would suggest there aren't any. They didn't hold back on Craig Thompson. They dont get stuck into Eddie because all his mates were Libs. Feel free to name names though if you know otherwise

... and yet you still deny that the recent pension cuts are an intricate part of the ALP's costings that they took to the election ... why would I challenge anything you said?Dead
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 11:20pm
There you go funny and sad as I posted.

No facts or answers to PT's cogent posts, just pathetic put down of "leftards" you poor , angry soul

It seems I get under your skin Smile, I detected a note of real hatred there Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 11:33pm
He may well be right, and I don't have the time to be researching that stuff, and it's meaningless in any case, but why would anyone but a very limited, blinkered bigot blindly accept what PT has to say about the virtues of the ALP, when he just ignores, argues, deflects, and refuses to own the bad stuff, which stands out like dogs balls? ... you really don't get that do you? 

Whether it be Bullgelati Bill or Hillarious and O'bummer, pleeeeez show me just ONE post by the oracle that acknowledges that they ever had a hair out of place ... they simply don't exist. 

... and there's no hatred from me Whale, regardless of it being right or wrong, I find everything you manage to articulate as very impressive, keep it up!Thumbs Up
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 11:38pm
Manage to articulate lol, a nice backhanded compliment Ouch

True he never acknowledges any wrong doing of Labor just as you hardly recognise wrong doings on the Liberal side. I on the other hand am the fairest, most neutral on this forum Smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 12:08am
^ I agree ... in part ... you need to be more diligent in your reading of my posts to pick up the subtle ways in which I condemn the government ... for example, although it may not be obvious, I think that I've made it clear that I cant stand what Susssssan Ley has done with her hair ... it's a disaster ... I know it's all about Trump and Pauline, but who in their right mind would willingly go Orange!!!???Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:57am
18 more trips to the Gold Coast - charge to the taxpayer $54,000. 

When most busy ministers are having expense charges between $500k and $1m a year, but a small number are logging in up to $1.5m with lots of private jets and limousine services, alarm bells start going off.

If these people are so stupid to think that they will get away with blatantly rorting, there has to be questions over their capacity to make judgements in sensitive portfolios where you need to make hard calls on what other ordinary people claim from the govt as costs and expenses. When you declare budget emergencies and start slashing benefits from people and penalising them heavily for offending while merrily snorting away at the trough yourself, and doing to excess with arrogance is not a partisan thing, it is a fairness thing

Politicians have been doing this forever and have been both getting away with it and resisting making real changes to it. People aren't happy but put up with it until you start threatening them and blaming them for the financial problems of the nation, but refuse to rein in your own excesses, people get angry

This crap govt has only a hand-full of solid policies, attack pensioners, attack all Centrelink recipients and give big business including the 4 major banks they refuse to stop attacking punters $50billion. The optics of a minister displaying excess and arrogance in this environment are awful, and she should pay with her job. Several other govt ministers are also in that $1.5m claim bracket also with lots of limousines and private jets flying across the country and back empty, to save them the indignity of traveling with the public swill. 

A foreign minister and an employment minister could be next up.Wink

Whale my position against a Liberal govt has hardened with the ever quickening death of social liberal democratic values they were founded on. They are just pawns of capitalist predatory corporations now with no sense of social justice left it seems You get the occasional objection from usually older back benchers who can't stomach their own party any more They are either sidelined or forced out to make way for someone younger with a greater thirst for inequality. 

Turnbull promised to be the conduit for change back towards the centre but the hard right have too much power now and he screwed up with his Senate reform. A major revolutionary change is needed to bring back centre politics before I can entertain anyone but Labor at the moment, the only major party with any semblance of equality in their platform
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 8:11am
It's an absolute joke of a system, designed by rorters for the purpose of rorting. Want an all-expenses taxpayer paid trip with partner? Simple: invent some official business at your desired location. You're in charge so you're only limited by your imagination. It can be unnecessary, inconsequential, pointless- doesn't matter- you are the only judge- as long as it is government business. That will take only as long as you want it to- one hour is plenty- then you've got the rest of the day to indulge yourself and partner doing whatever it is you really came there to do.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 8:33am
Media isn't clear but there are indications Sussan Ley may be appearing publicly later today on this issue. Will she stand firm as Bronny did, or has she accepted the verdict of the real govt, the Murdoch media and will fall on her sword to save Christian Porter's hide over the Centrelink debacle. I think the former as i dont think the govt sees the Centrelink thing as a real issue and might tweak it but will go forward with itdrawing more people into the system, not just welfare recipients. The ATO has been slashing staff numbers for a reason. 

Look out Doc, you might be on their radar soon and if their algorithm has you even marginally outside the norm, expect a debt collector at your door Shocked 
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 10:32am
didn't Peter Slipper try to pay back ?
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 12:08pm
sussan steps down and is replaced by....

arfur.

you've got to be kiddin...a corrupt spiv replaced by a corrupt spiv.

turnbull is trolling. waiting for the spear in the neck.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 12:12pm
Yes Peter Slipper tried to pay back $900 but the Abbott Liberal Party referred him to Federal Police and he was prosecuted. This is obviously very different though. Confused
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 12:14pm
READ THIS....BRAZIL

Embattled Brazilian President Michel Temer, who has promised to pull Latin America's largest country out of recession, faced sharp criticism when a list of items for 2017 presidential plane trips was made public in late December. Within hours of being published, the government announced the order had been canceled. A look at some of the items that raised eyebrows.

— Haagen-Dazs: 500 cartons.

— Chocolate cake: Nearly 1.5 tons (1,500 kilograms)

— Strawberry and fruit cake. 882 pounds (400 kilograms).

— Nutella: 120 jars.

— Sandwiches: 3,700 units.

— Ice cubes: 16,534 pounds (7,500 kilograms).

— Dry ice: 1,102 pounds (500 kilograms).

— Truffles: 500 units.

— Coffee capsules: 5,000 units.

— Cornetto ice-cream cones: 50.

— ChicaBon ice-cream bars: 50.

— Tablito ice-cream bars: 50.

— Lactose-free ice bars: 300.

— Coconut water: 1,500 liters.

— Presidential Breakfasts with Greek yogurt, provolone, Brie cheese and buffalo mozzarella: 200 units.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 12:18pm
Yesterday:

She said she had spent “the past 48 hours” examining her travel records and had discovered a few other problems with her entitlements.

“I have spoken to the prime minister and he agrees that this claim does not meet the high standards he expects of ministers,” she said in her statement on Sunday.

Today:

Ms Ley told reporters in Albury that the decision to stand aside was a mutual one between herself and the Prime Minister and maintained that she had not broken any rules.

When asked if she had the Prime Minister's full support, she responded that they had held many "friendly" conversations.

She said she did not expect to be forced to stand down permanently.

"I'm very confident that the investigations will demonstrate that no rules were broken whatsoever," she said.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 8:38pm
There you have it - no rules broken, nothing to see here, move on.

I'll say it again - I'm more concerned about the fact that she thinks buying up property on the Gold Coast is a sound investment strategy ...Confused 

Just shows what light weights these people who represent us really are ... Wacko

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 9:13pm
replacing #leybuys with arfurr was funny enough.

now for the slapstick.

Bronny to the rescue!!!

a crook replaces a crook and another crook, outed for travel rorts sticks up for sussan. what a lovely mob this lot are. so in touch with the community.

But wait there's more...

bronny says socialists are the reason leybuys stepped down. and these socialists dont take any responsibility for themselves. in the same raving lunatic rant...she said "my staff arranged my travel".

personal responsibility bronny....for the plebs but not for you?? Of course. Thats the liberal way.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:02am
Bloody socialists, they think the public purse if for wasteful stuff like education and health. 

Bronny knows it's for private jet and chopper charters for trough snouters 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:07am
Seems Ms Ley didn't make just one trip on which she bid for a unit on the coast, there were other trips to view properties and talk to agents. The public paid for all of them. The best bit is the trips to the Gold Coast the last two years where coincidentally her boyfriend lives, but it has been confirmed by a major Liberal donor who the Abbott govt gave $50m in contracts, that she was there attending her party, at her invitation to discuss the new year. The public paid though, not the wealthy donor
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:10am
Actually listening to her speak was scary.  She believed in what she said.  Don't they know that good leadership involves leading by example.  Therefore when the country needs you tighten you belt and look at cheaper options.  Seems it doesn't apply to them.  So sad that we can't produce better leaders.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:32am
And the unit was owned by a big Liberal donor- pure coincidence it seems- you wouldn't read about it. What are the odds?LOL

Somebody should send Sussssan off to lie school- must do better in future.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:44am
How come these ratbags have to get an office fitout, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars, it seems like every year? Didn't the hugely expensive office fitout for the ratbag  before them get the office up to state-of-the-art?
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:31am
Labor hasnt said much. where does dastyris rate on this?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

18 more trips to the Gold Coast - charge to the taxpayer $54,000. 

When most busy ministers are having expense charges between $500k and $1m a year, but a small number are logging in up to $1.5m with lots of private jets and limousine services, alarm bells start going off.

If these people are so stupid to think that they will get away with blatantly rorting, there has to be questions over their capacity to make judgements in sensitive portfolios where you need to make hard calls on what other ordinary people claim from the govt as costs and expenses. When you declare budget emergencies and start slashing benefits from people and penalising them heavily for offending while merrily snorting away at the trough yourself, and doing to excess with arrogance is not a partisan thing, it is a fairness thing

Politicians have been doing this forever and have been both getting away with it and resisting making real changes to it. People aren't happy but put up with it until you start threatening them and blaming them for the financial problems of the nation, but refuse to rein in your own excesses, people get angry

This crap govt has only a hand-full of solid policies, attack pensioners, attack all Centrelink recipients and give big business including the 4 major banks they refuse to stop attacking punters $50billion. The optics of a minister displaying excess and arrogance in this environment are awful, and she should pay with her job. Several other govt ministers are also in that $1.5m claim bracket also with lots of limousines and private jets flying across the country and back empty, to save them the indignity of traveling with the public swill. 

A foreign minister and an employment minister could be next up.Wink

Whale my position against a Liberal govt has hardened with the ever quickening death of social liberal democratic values they were founded on. They are just pawns of capitalist predatory corporations now with no sense of social justice left it seems You get the occasional objection from usually older back benchers who can't stomach their own party any more They are either sidelined or forced out to make way for someone younger with a greater thirst for inequality. 

Turnbull promised to be the conduit for change back towards the centre but the hard right have too much power now and he screwed up with his Senate reform. A major revolutionary change is needed to bring back centre politics before I can entertain anyone but Labor at the moment, the only major party with any semblance of equality in their platform

that says it all...Dr E thinks this is a Liberal govt...no...it is a fascist govt...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 5:01pm
Susan goes to the GOLD COAST on MAY 5 and

POINT 1...official business

POINT 2...buys an apartment advertised at auction time/date

OR

was it point 2    before point 1.........that is what most of us are thinking

that is,she chose the official political announcement date and time to fall in line with her MAJOR objective.

It's all a bit too cosy...this blend....if innocent,it was GRAND LUCK.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 506507508509510 760>