Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

Lets list Tony Abbotts shameful acts:

1) Outlawing bikie gangs (well known for decades as standover men and drug couriers)
When did this occur precisely? I seemed to have missed the debate as well as the legislation. No doubt more needs to be done about their particular involvement in crime but it will take far smarter people than Abbott and Newman to do so effectively. I note no mention of bolstering ASIC with more powers or resources to crack down on the big end of town but when you have tin ears and your eyes averted that's to be expected - and I'm talking about both you and the mob you so blindly support.

2) Make it difficult for banks to determine the terms of a loan, particularly as they relate to interest rates.
Please explain. Interest rates are ultimately determined by monetary and fiscal policy and markets, unless of course they are controlled by banks and supported by lax members of parliament - for example the ludicrous credit card interest rates currently permitted. I see you've conveniently overlooked the changes to FoFA which reduce consumer protection from shonky financial advisers. Naughty naughty.

3) Attempt to help small business (the biggest employer in the country) by lowering taxes.
Which taxes, and how do they help small business exactly? Would that be the tax on Medicare vistis which will diminish the amount of concessional spending for consumers who are the lifeblood of small business? Or perhaps the reduction in asset write off from $6500 to $1000 - I'll leave you to work out the tax increase involved in that decision. The budget announced a commitment for a 1.5% company tax reduction for some small businesses effective from July 2015. Could be a good thing if they actually follow it through.

4) Make obsolete cushy high paid government jobs at universities etc, that produce nothing for the country.
Wtf is this nonsense?  If you believe that universitities and their researchers, managers and "teachers" produce nothing for their country then you're in the running for the most unthinking, ill-informed conservative supporter on this forum. And that's saying quite a lot.

5) Develop employment programs for the unemployed, rather than handouts that lead to nowhere.
What programs are these precisely and what evidence is there that they do anything for the unemployed? If you mean there should be mutual obligation of some sort in some (many) cases then you might have a point. How that is implemented is an entirely different matter. Other than that your comment is simply waffle. Howard's work for the dole schemes were expensive flops and there's little reason to think that this band of incompetents will do better than Little Johnnie. Abetz's idea of 40 applications a month is the biggest joke yet from this clueless mob and won't see the light of day.

6) Stop the boats, which really should have been called "stop the drowning at sea".  Mission accomplished.
No doubt something had to be done to deter refugees and others from putting their lives at risk and they've had significant success in that. And yet people have  drowned on Morrison's watch, others were returned to murderous regimes where their fates were unknown (out of sight out of mind), and "illegal" immigration continues unabated as long as you arrive by air. Many people believe that Australia's actions in Iraq and Afghanistan make us duty bound to accept refugees from these countries. Where do you sit in that discussion?

7) Stop foreign aid to countries like Israel, by borrowing money from New York banks, and then donated to Israel as "foreign aid" interest free, to them only.
Please feel free to elaborate. We know they've cut foreign aid, which is an unconscionable act in the eyes of many other "christians", although not the Jesuit educated ones in the Abbott government obviously.

8) Try to repeal, amend, change the draconian freedom of speech rules, which really only benefited those who own our courts to stop the truth from being said.
Childish nonsense. There is nothing in the legislation which prohibits or diminishes the right to "free speech" or discussion. The law under which Bolt was prosecuted has worked well and provided some recourse against those who would use their power to vilify others.  The fact that the government has backed away from Brandis' ludicrous amendment shows just how badly they read the mood of the community. I suggest you do a bit of reading about the Bolt case and why he was found guilty. Statements like yours above show just how easy it is to fool the gullible and why education is critical to democracy.

9) Standing up for Australian citizens when they are blown out of the sky.
As any PM of this nation would have done. Unlike many others I don't doubt Abbott's motives in this case.

10) Daring to criticize old allies, while assisting previous enemies like Japan, allowing them to remilitarise and sign revolutionary trade deals with them.
I've missed it again apparently. Which "old allies" did Abbott criticise, what was significant about the criticism, and what part did Abbott play in Japan's decision to change its constitution? The "revolutionary" trade deal was of course put together over many years. Abbott did no more than put his signature on the work done by officials during the Rudd and Gillard years.

Conclusion: All in all, not a bad first 6 months for the Abbott Government.

Now, what was it that Julia did again?
Oh thats right.

1)Call the male population of Australia  "sexist".
You appear to believe Abbott (Jones et al) constitute the Australian "male population". Thankfully they don't, nor are they representative of male attitudes to women in this country. How many women are there in Abbott's ministry? Save your virginity ladies - it will come in handy along with ironing, cooking and sewing skills Tony so admires.

2)Ramp up foreign aid to Israel (admitted by Bob Carr).
3)Try to destroy free speech so no-one could criticise her friends in Israel.  (also admitted by Bob Carr)
I don't pretend to understand the point you're trying to make but your ability to misunderstand basic facts and take things out of context is obvious so I think we can draw our own conclusions as to what is going on. The Australian parliament has generally had a bipartisan (and some would say blinkered) approach to Israel. Don't know or care about your personal dislike of that nation but I do recall  Carr being criticised for permitting aid to flow to Palestinians via the UN, which could either support your point or refute it - if it was comprehensible that is.

I suggest you do more than contemplate your navel fluff and actually educate yourself. Despite being in a minority government under constant attack from an opposition intent on nothing other than gaining government irrespective of the cost to the nation, Gillard was able to pass a record amount of legislation. She was far from a perfect leader but your ignorance of her achievements doesn't impact her standing one iota either way.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 5:51pm
Oh deary me, this affair keeps getting grubbier. It is a good thing we know the age of entitlement is over, lest this might look a bit crook.

Tony Abbott's daughter focus of Fair Work claim against design school

Rachel Nickless 
Published: July 31, 2014 - 8:31AM

The design school that handed Prime Minister Tony Abbott’s daughter a scholarship faces a legal claim by a former employee who was investigated by the school after the story broke.

A former employee of Whitehouse Institute of Design has filed an “adverse action” complaint in the Fair Work Commission.

The former employee faced an ­internal investigation after the media reported the school awarded a rare $60,636 “chairman’s scholarship” to Frances Abbott. The chairman of Whitehouse’s board of governors is a Liberal Party donor and friend of Mr Abbott, Les Taylor.

In response to questions from Fairfax Media, Whitehouse Institute of Design chief ­executive Ian Tudor said in a statement that: “the Whitehouse Institute is ­confident that the adverse action case is without merit and has no prospect of success. The former employee ­concerned was subject to an internal disciplinary review and resigned before that review was complete.”

A spokesman said the school, which operates in Sydney and Melbourne, investigated an employee over ­concerns that “student confidentiality was breached”. He declined to name the student. A source confirmed it was Ms Abbott.

The matter is expected to come before Fair Work Commission vice-president Joe Catanzariti in Sydney in coming weeks.

Several sources said the employee behind the lawsuit is being represented by law firm Harmers Workplace Lawyers, which has run a string of explosive workplace cases, including representing former media advisor James Ashby in his sexual harassment claim against the former federal parliamentary speaker Peter Slipper.

Asked about the Whitehouse matter, Harmers Workplace Lawyers chair Michael Harmer declined to comment or confirm if he was acting in the case.

A spokeswoman for Mr Abbott said “the Prime Minister is aware of the claim but won’t comment on any legal proceeding currently underway”.

She said Mr Abbott “has not had any involvement in matters involving Whitehouse and its employees”.

Mr Abbott did not declare the ­scholarship in 2011 and continues to deny that he has any obligation to do so, saying his daughter won the scholarship on merit. He has previously said his daughter was awarded the scholarship for her academic potential and she maintained a distinction average while studying at the college.

Monique Rappell, a former head of interior design at the institute, said that “the entire scholarship system was extremely vague”.

She said she had put forward a ­student for a scholarship who had topped her year, whose work had been used in the school’s marketing ­materials and who had experienced financial hardship. That student failed to secure a scholarship, she said.

Despite the award being known as the Chairman’s Scholarship, the Whitehouse chairman, Mr Taylor, told Fairfax Media in May he did not know how scholars were selected.

The institute said in a statement it had “offered a variety of scholarships for 25 years . . . all scholarships are ­discretionary and awarded on merit”.

The scholarship story has prompted clashes between student protesters and police at the design school.

Rachel Nickless is the workplace editor for the Australian Financial Review

This article first appeared on AFR.com

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/business/tony-abbotts-daughter-focus-of-fair-work-claim-against-design-school-20140731-zyri7.html

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 6:07pm

Monique Rappell, a former head of interior design at the institute, said that “the entire scholarship system was extremely vague”.

She said she had put forward a ­student for a scholarship who had topped her year, whose work had been used in the school’s marketing ­materials and who had experienced financial hardship. That student failed to secure a scholarship, she said.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This ^^^ is the nub of the issue. It's pretty obvious what went on but if Abbott hadn't set the bar so low as Opposition Leader it wouldn't be a big issue. In a what you know V who you know battle always back the latter.

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Poor Kathy Jackson is crying foul, claiming she has been ambushed(code for caught out) at the union Royal Commission. 

She believes she had every right to pay her ex-husband $50k from union funds, and only went there with a prepared statement to dump on other crooks.

C'mon BD,you know his it works.
It's only a rort if your not involved..........

<span style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; white-space: pre-wrap;">Sociopaths feel no guilt or remorse. She knows she has done nothing wrong 'using' union funds, unlike that crook Thomson </span>
<span style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
</span>
</span>
</span>

I can't see a distinction between them,what am I missing?

You realise my first post was sarcasm?

Sometimes tone is lost with the written word.
So nah,I missed it entirely.
My bad!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 6:17pm
Here's one for the true believer, Brooke.

A woman's virginity is ''the greatest gift you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving''.

Is this statement from Abbott sexist? Discuss.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 6:33pm
Brookey, are you paying attention?

Pyne in Jerusalem

Read on for article July 30, 2014 

by J-Wire Staff

Australian Federal Minister for Education Christopher Pyne was the keynote speaker at the opening of the third Australia-Israel-UK leadership dialogue held in Jerusalem.

J-Wire publishes his address in full…

Christopher Pyne

Christopher Pyne

Tonight I wanted to address why the Australians are here. There are two reasons why we are here and I will go through them momentarily. But firstly I should say good friends visits their friends in tough times. It is easy to visit your friends when things are going well. Fair-weather friends who come and go when things are on the up and up are easy to come by. Friends who come when times are tough – they are the real friends.

Gideon Saar

Gideon Saar

Ladies and gentlemen, I was approached by a young man at the reception here at the King David Hotel on Friday, his name was Aaron, and he asked me who I was and where I was from and I said I was from Australia and he said ‘why are you here?’. And I very simply said, because Australians love freedom. And he said very simply, that freedom isn’t free, right?. And I said exactly right. The reason why the Australians are here today, the first reason, is because Australians value freedom. And we have been fighting for freedom for 114 years and usually alongside our UK friends, whether it has been in the Battle of Beersheva here in Israel, in the Second World War, or the First World War, or more recently in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Vietnam and Korea, wars that are now well and truly in the past.

Whenever there has been a congregation of freedom loving nations versus non freedom loving nations, Australia has always been prepared to be in the fight and always on the right side. And that’s how we view the State of Israel that we are on the right side. It is a story about the King of Denmark during the Second World War when the Nazis changed their attitude toward the deportation of the Danish Jews. There weren’t many Danish Jews, about 8,000 or so but the King of Denmark when the Nazis changed their attitude and said that they would start to deport the Jews, said that the Jews are Dames and the Dames are Jews.

In other words, the concerns of Jewish Dames were the concerns of all Dames. In the same way I believe, and I think most Australians believe, that the destruction or defeat of Israel is a concern for all of us around the world. Because Israel is the beacon of freedom and liberty in the Middle East and Australia likes to believe that it is in the world. We are two sister nations believing in the same thing – freedom of the press, freedom of democracy, freedom of association. It shows that Israel has existential threats that requires them to take firm action to protect those freedoms, firmer actions than Australia has had to take to protect our own existence. So that is the first reason, ladies and gentlemen, why the Australians are here. Because we regard Israel and Australia as sister countries with the same value systems and we want to show our support for that system here in the Middle East.

The second reason is more personal, ladies and gentlemen, and it goes to the question of remembering some of the crimes of the past. The great crime of the past against the Jewish people was the Holocaust. And just coming to Israel as an Australian, and landing at Ben-Gurion Airport, even in the last few days travelling El Al, just by the act of coming here, we reaffirm that we will not forget the crime of the Holocaust against the Jewish people, and we stand with the Jewish people. Simply by the act of making sure this dialogue was not cancelled when some people said it should have been cancelled because it was dangerous, the Australians and British came here, simply by that act reaffirmed that we will not forget the Holocaust.

This is my sixth visit to Israel. And it is important that we come again and again to Israel.

To say it to those in the Islamic Jihad, the terrorists – Hamas or ISIS or whoever they are – that by their actions they won’t frighten Australians into coming to Israel and supporting Israel. That is by me and my colleagues, whether they are Labor or Liberal, are here supporting this Dialogue because it proves, ladies and gentleman, it proves that freedom is winning and tyranny is losing.

Israeli Minister of Interior Gideon Saar has also addressed the Australia Israel UK Leadership Forum.

mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 7:07pm

Brookey, are you paying attention?

Pyne in Jerusalem

Read on for article July 30, 2014 

by J-Wire Staff

Australian Federal Minister for Education Christopher Pyne was the keynote speaker at the opening of the third Australia-Israel-UK leadership dialogue held in Jerusalem.

J-Wire publishes his address in full…

Christopher Pyne

Christopher Pyne

Tonight I wanted to address why the Australians are here. There are two reasons why we are here and I will go through them momentarily. But firstly I should say good friends visits their friends in tough times. It is easy to visit your friends when things are going well. Fair-weather friends who come and go when things are on the up and up are easy to come by. Friends who come when times are tough – they are the real friends.

Gideon Saar

Gideon Saar

Ladies and gentlemen, I was approached by a young man at the reception here at the King David Hotel on Friday, his name was Aaron, and he asked me who I was and where I was from and I said I was from Australia and he said ‘why are you here?’. And I very simply said, because Australians love freedom. And he said very simply, that freedom isn’t free, right?. And I said exactly right. The reason why the Australians are here today, the first reason, is because Australians value freedom. And we have been fighting for freedom for 114 years and usually alongside our UK friends, whether it has been in the Battle of Beersheva here in Israel, in the Second World War, or the First World War, or more recently in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Vietnam and Korea, wars that are now well and truly in the past.

Whenever there has been a congregation of freedom loving nations versus non freedom loving nations, Australia has always been prepared to be in the fight and always on the right side. And that’s how we view the State of Israel that we are on the right side. It is a story about the King of Denmark during the Second World War when the Nazis changed their attitude toward the deportation of the Danish Jews. There weren’t many Danish Jews, about 8,000 or so but the King of Denmark when the Nazis changed their attitude and said that they would start to deport the Jews, said that the Jews are Dames and the Dames are Jews.

In other words, the concerns of Jewish Dames were the concerns of all Dames. In the same way I believe, and I think most Australians believe, that the destruction or defeat of Israel is a concern for all of us around the world. Because Israel is the beacon of freedom and liberty in the Middle East and Australia likes to believe that it is in the world. We are two sister nations believing in the same thing – freedom of the press, freedom of democracy, freedom of association. It shows that Israel has existential threats that requires them to take firm action to protect those freedoms, firmer actions than Australia has had to take to protect our own existence. So that is the first reason, ladies and gentlemen, why the Australians are here. Because we regard Israel and Australia as sister countries with the same value systems and we want to show our support for that system here in the Middle East.

The second reason is more personal, ladies and gentlemen, and it goes to the question of remembering some of the crimes of the past. The great crime of the past against the Jewish people was the Holocaust. And just coming to Israel as an Australian, and landing at Ben-Gurion Airport, even in the last few days travelling El Al, just by the act of coming here, we reaffirm that we will not forget the crime of the Holocaust against the Jewish people, and we stand with the Jewish people. Simply by the act of making sure this dialogue was not cancelled when some people said it should have been cancelled because it was dangerous, the Australians and British came here, simply by that act reaffirmed that we will not forget the Holocaust.

This is my sixth visit to Israel. And it is important that we come again and again to Israel.

To say it to those in the Islamic Jihad, the terrorists – Hamas or ISIS or whoever they are – that by their actions they won’t frighten Australians into coming to Israel and supporting Israel. That is by me and my colleagues, whether they are Labor or Liberal, are here supporting this Dialogue because it proves, ladies and gentleman, it proves that freedom is winning and tyranny is losing.

Israeli Minister of Interior Gideon Saar has also addressed the Australia Israel UK Leadership Forum.

Abetz didn't get an invite ?

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 7:10pm
Don't know why not, Eric renounced his German citizenship in 2010 just ahead of a High Court challenge to his eligibility to be a Senate candidate
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 7:21pm

Don't know why not, Eric renounced his German citizenship in 2010 just ahead of a High Court challenge to his eligibility to be a Senate candidate

Has Scabbott renounced his visit to the aboriginal community ?  you know 1 of the thousand lies he told ?
Has Bishop had a child yet or still baron ? after all the Scabbott led opposition where calling Gillard the motherless 1

Strange how Scabbot and the baron 1 where so critical of labour trying out for a seat on the UN council,then proudly accepted the nomination,now running around the world on it.

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 7:27pm
Wasn't it our Julez who said in 2012 that the Gillard govt. should be dealing with the budget situation rather than swanning about chasing UN seats?

How is the budget going by the way?

I noticed Joe displaying their negotiating skills today, threatening to bundle all measures together and try and ram them through the Senate together
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:29pm
looking likely scott morrison is in a world of bother. resignation to follow if claims of coverups re: medical/mental evaluations of children in detention are true.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

looking likely scott morrison is in a world of bother. resignation to follow if claims of coverups re: medical/mental evaluations of children in detention are true.

Immigration detention inquiry: Government tried to cover up asylum seekers' mental health problems, inquiry told

Updated 11 minutes ago

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:36pm
If what was said today during the inquiry and what the lady doctor who accompanied the Human Rights Commissioner to Christmas Island said this morning on ABC are right, this guy should be jailed, not just sacked
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:37pm
And what has happened to the sobbing Joe "over my dead body" Hockey?
The Polar Bear Waltz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Polar Bear Waltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:42pm
It doesn't matter BD, we have 'stopped the boats', and that's all that matters.
After all, if these people arent't Australian, Hungarian or Royalty they probably aren't even 100 % human.
And who would want such Lepers here?
Our strawberries seem to go best with manure on them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 11:06pm

If what was said today during the inquiry and what the lady doctor who accompanied the Human Rights Commissioner to Christmas Island said this morning on ABC are right, this guy should be jailed, not just sacked

But didn't you know Scott's a good "christian" BD? About as faithful to the creed as Abbott and Hockey are to Catholicism. It does seem though that Morrison's "religion" Shirelive is pretty much anything you want it to be so no surprise that you can choose your own level of moral treatment of your fellow humans. It's a very tough gig I'll admit but if you are prepared to take it on and compromise your own principles and beliefs you have no excuse - unless the only alternative was to let someone of even lower moral fortitude do the job, which could easily have been the case in this totally bereft rabble.

I'll wait for the commissioner's report but it's not looking good on many levels for those responsible for government policy or its implementation. For a nation quick to point the finger at others for human rights violations we are building a solid track record for abuse. When even your guards suffer from mental breakdowns - as a number did under the Howard detention policy - then you can be sure something is seriously wrong.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 12:49am
We are getting enough Psychiatric problems by boat we don't need to breed more . What a foal Gillard would drop.
Self mutilation a big problem on the Islands.   Who's fault is that?
They weren't invited and getting attention won't help.   They have escaped as planned , like other Papuans , they have a place to live.
Gees,   They don't have to work for the handouts there, either.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 1:32am
If psychiatric issues are any measure of suitability to live on this island no doubt you'll be hoping authorities don't get hold of the IP addresses from TBV.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by The Polar Bear Waltz The Polar Bear Waltz wrote:

It doesn't matter BD, we have 'stopped the boats', and that's all that matters.
After all, if these people arent't Australian, Hungarian or Royalty they probably aren't even 100 % human.
And who would want such Lepers here?

I am looking forward to question time returning All year Morrison has been taking 'Dixers' being asked "Can the Minister please update the house on how long it has been since a successful boat arrival" I hope Richard Marles takes the smug so-and-so to task this session.
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 12:59pm
I forgot to add,

Abbott has also Legalized heterosexuality again, by flirting with women and behaving like a normal man should.
Unlike the prudish gay ABC and Labor Party (who are more likely to legalize indecent homosexual acts in a public toilet).
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 1:03pm

Howard did the same thing, forcing people to do about 10 a month, I think it was. I was in small business at the time and was inundated with applications and people asking me to sign off on their form to say they had applied. The same people coming back every month. It nearly drove me nuts. I couldn't imagine the chaos with 40 a month

Yet another stupid brain-fart from out of touch people who have never had any exposure to the "real world" They seem to have a bottomless reserve of them. I wish they would hurry up and start running the place and stop terrorizing people

holly is more gnarly than ever , hates the prospect of having to put in 40 job applications per month

Edited by Browndog - 01 Aug 2014 at 1:05pm
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 1:04pm

I forgot to add,

Abbott has also Legalized heterosexuality again, by flirting with women and behaving like a normal man should.
Unlike the prudish gay ABC and Labor Party (who are more likely to legalize indecent homosexual acts in a public toilet).

that's alright Brooke, whatever you say dear Wacko
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 1:12pm

I forgot to add,

You have me scratching my head with this one Brooke.

The only person I can think of convicted of acts of depravity and indecency in a public toilet is Tone's best friend in the media and Sydney's no 1 radio personality, a 4 time failed Liberal candidate failure.

I don't think the Labor Party would give him the green light to resume his activiyies
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 2:34pm
this thread has become a psychiatric ward. 

get it off your chest people. it will make you feel better. 

must be difficult to be proved wrong continuously and have no where to cry.

i would not know what that feels like 
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 2:39pm

I forgot to add,

Getting more desperate by the hour. Don't let it get you down Brooke, the failure of your flawed hero was inevitable. It takes naive  people a while to recognise a hollow man, others see it instantly.

Not doubt Tony learnt everything he knows about women from his Jesuit teachers and local Catholic priests. Judging by the Royal Commission he can thank his lucky stars that he wasn't the object of "flirting" himself.  

Pity Phoney didn't show his undying love for his future bride by keeping his virginity intact eh what? Ah well what's a bit of hypocrisy in your personal life when your career is built on it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by questions questions wrote:

this thread has become a psychiatric ward. 

get it off your chest people. it will make you feel better. 

must be difficult to be proved wrong continuously and have no where to cry.

i would not know what that feels like 

I can't speak for anyone else but I'll certainly be crying if we ever get to that negative GDP you told us about. I hope the effects of the GFC wear off before then so that I can experience that magical benefit of inflation increasing the value of my money. Can't wait to get my hands on a few million dollar coins. How I envy those Yugoslavians during the 80s and 90s. Millionaires overnight.
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 3:11pm
dont be so negative. i was supporting your need to cry. 
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 3:11pm
You forgot the "charging mining companies diesel excise is unconstitutional" corker. But no, the numpty wouldn't know what it's like to be wrong.
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

You forgot the "charging mining companies diesel excise is unconstitutional" corker. But no, the numpty wouldn't know what it's like to be wrong.

i was proved right. i dont have to pretend to support your insecurities and need for an emoticon or two in order to feel like anyone is actually paying attention to what you are saying.

i am starting to think that both you girls/boys are not only using this thread as a psychiatric ward for your ineffective thinking, but actually live in the same ward. 

good to see you have a friend. 
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by questions questions wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

i was proved right. i dont have to pretend to support your insecurities and need for an emoticon or two in order to feel like anyone is actually paying attention to what you are saying.

i am starting to think that both you girls/boys are not only using this thread as a psychiatric ward for your ineffective thinking, but actually live in the same ward. 

good to see you have a friend. 

You were proved right? When exactly? Every time you open your mouth there's a fair chance you'll be proven wrong and the rest of us will be rolling in the aisles with laughter. Your "unconstitutional" clanger was no different. An embarrassing misinterpretation of what the case actually decided. If you were right we wouldn't have seen Tom Albanese & Andrew Mackenzie lobbying the government not to remove the rebate completely.

Granted it wasn't your most clueless blunder but when you'd already come out and told us that inflation is the increasing value of money then it was always going to be tough for you give a repeat performance. Oh wait, what were you saying about negative GDP?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 283284285286287 760>