Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 6:03pm
Coal will do more for the Country than some Knackery breeding ground that can be moved to where Coal isn't.
Gee 41.    Where do you hide your grey matter.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

macca, you are senile. This village idiot.

lets forget minimum wage and have people working for gina's $2 an hr. hey, lets wind back the clock and compliment it with child labor like the "good old days".

you know who ended child labor? - unions

Almost all these people who advocate cutting welfare, pensions dole etc... Are those who have used the system gained a uni degree and now sitting back calling for cuts in the same system that fed them.
Hypocrites
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 11:51pm
Amusing..   I was working in a dairy at age 13. After leaving School   Had the "mans" chores from about age 7..   There was a war on. Mum an early widow.
Don't dream for a second I have had any walk up start.
I went through Uni On a scooter one day .   What is a bluddy Degree       It was minus one of those here today . Bluddy global warming.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by questions questions wrote:

the newman government removed 14,000 people from the payrol and these jobs were a form of employed welfare. 

these people have moved from being a drain on the public purse to producing for the public and the state. the largess of the state public sector was a massive issue the efficiencies brought forward will flow on for years and will take years to be achieved.

both qld and nsw governments new they had 8 years in power to develop the state and no doubt the nsw government has done a better job of managing this process of repairing and rejuvenating their state. the advantage NSW had was Grant Hehir and Gladys Berejiklian who are two of the better ministers i have seen. baird struggled early with the budget and has since developed a real skill for it that suggests the role was really a stepping stone for his best position and that is as leader.

18% swing to Labor in the Stafford by-election. People are waking up to their folly of voting in nutters as a response to dis-satisfaction. Common sense will be restored in March

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 2:17pm
lets hope its a trend.

no place for fascist govts here.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 9:48pm
There will be the 1 that will come on here and parrot on about it being a by election etc...   But they try not to look at the reality of a 18% swing.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 10:07pm
Even on Bolt this morning, he asked Michael Kroger if Newman was gone. Kroger started with the by election line and Bolt stopped him
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 10:21pm
It would be an utter travesty if those incompetent Qld ALP ratbags got back into power next year. They need a good long spell in opposition.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 10:30pm
Australians will tolerate 'incompetents' They will not tolerate tyrants
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

You like the Qld area being run by Southern crims BD.
Newman has them on the run and when the crunch comes the people will think straight.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 1:53am

I don't see any tyranny. That is a description that trivialises the real tyranny that does exist in some parts of the world. Beattie/Bligh years were a disgrace where everything was run into the ground, while debt ran out of control. I suppose Beattie's endless promises to "fix" problems can be excused on the basis that no commencement dates were ever given ! And what Queenslander will ever forget "weather girl" Bligh who muscled in on emergency service press conferences to big-note herself as the saviour during major floods.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:31am
Newman is still flying I see. Where's Scamanda?
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 12:56pm
But, but, but what about his huge mandate? He can do whatever he likes, can't he?

Campbell Newman will today retreat from some of the Government’s most controversial decisions

• STEVEN WARDILL, PAIGE CARFRAE, AAP
  • THE COURIER-MAIL
  • JULY 21, 2014 10:30AM

THE Queensland premier is very likely to lose his seat at the next election and his party should already be looking for a new leader, a political analyst says.

Campbell Newman’s Liberal National Party government suffered an 18.6 per cent swing against it at Saturday’s by-election in the Brisbane-based seat of Stafford.

Labor’s Anthony Lynham was always expected to win, but Griffith University political analyst Paul Williams says the LNP must have been shocked by the scale of the defeat.

He says it was even worse than the 17 per cent swing against the LNP at February’s Redcliffe by-election, which followed revelations about the dodgy business dealings of disgraced former MP Scott Driscoll.

“I see the LNP sneaking back home, but with Campbell Newman himself having been defeated,’’ Dr Williams told the ABC.

“They’ll have to have a leadership succession plan in place now, and not have a public bloodbath in March or April.’’

Dr Williams said he expected a statewide swing of 10 to 12 per cent against the LNP at the next election.

He said it wouldn’t be enough to make the LNP a one-term government, but it defied logic that Mr Newman could hang onto his Brisbane seat of Ashgrove.

“Given we’ve seen double-digit swings ... in the greater Brisbane area, the arithmetic just doesn’t add up for someone to hold a seat that’s on less than six per cent,’’ he said.

The loss in Stafford is a hit for Campbell Newman, who will today retreat from some of the Government’s most controversial decisions following the LNP’s weekend annihilation in the Stafford by-election.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Cabinet will today discuss scrapping several of the most contentious elements of reforms to Queensland’s corruption watchdog and tough anti-bikie legislation.

The Queensland Premier spent yesterday briefing senior LNP MPs on his plans after the Government suffered a massive 18.6 per cent swing against it in Stafford.

It is understood the Government will reintroduce a bipartisan appointments process for the chair of the newly named Crime and Corruption Commission.

The controversial decision by Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie to remove the bipartisan parliamentary committee’s role in appointments was heavily condemned by former corruption inquiry head Tony Fitzgerald in one of his numerous salvos at the Newman Government.

Cabinet will also discuss removing some of the harshest aspects of the criminal motorcycle gang legislation that Mr Newman has repeatedly insisted he does not like but were an important weapon in the war against rebel bikies.

1000+ COMMENTS: LNP concedes defeat in Stafford

LISTENING: Qld premier heeds by-election message

It is also understood Cabinet members have been assured there will be no reshuffle and each will fight on to the election and be tasked with better selling the Government’s achievements.

more...http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/campbell-newman-will-today-retreat-from-some-of-the-governments-most-controversial-decisions/story-fnihsrf2-1226995399249?sv=b99b5ac231caa9d90babaf3704eb2254&&net_sub_uid=98094730

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 1:57pm
But Scamanda told us "if Newman goes the LNP go too". Someone tell this analyst he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 2:04pm
Bikie crims will be campaigning hard for the return of the good old days when the ALP was in.
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:01pm
When you hear the crickets around here you know what's going on - some things never change (which is good to see)
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:10pm
Yes Flash, all the Abbott supporters are hiding in embarrassment and shame. maxie is the only one game to stick his head up out of his hole in the ground.

How is that budget going for you?
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 11:50pm
Awww, l would of thought it was the other way round anyway won't bargy.

Budget. Too tired to look tbh (from all the work that's around) but l think the first report card on the budget isn't due yet, as far as l can see (which is not that far atm)
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Tuft_it_Tees Tuft_it_Tees wrote:

I don't see any tyranny. That is a description that trivialises the real tyranny that does exist in some parts of the world. Beattie/Bligh years were a disgrace where everything was run into the ground, while debt ran out of control. I suppose Beattie's endless promises to "fix" problems can be excused on the basis that no commencement dates were ever given ! And what Queenslander will ever forget "weather girl" Bligh who muscled in on emergency service press conferences to big-note herself as the saviour during major floods.

Now there's a man with perspective. Little wonder we get the governments we do. A very real possibility of two one-term con governments, and deservedly so in both cases.  Voters historically have been forgiving of new administrations but in Newman's case the government  has been a rabble and a disgrace to democracy, in Abbott's the deceit and hypocrisy is breathtaking. I guess Campbell just have to be content with the massive pay rise he gave himself.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 1:25am
Peter Beattie was the man, who, confonted with a scrum of reporters at Bundaberg, anxious to question what the govt was doing about the erupting scandal of dozens of deaths from bodgie surgery at the local hospital, intoned gravely ...."make no mistake, this is a very serious situation, we could well lose this seat at the next election". Said it all really. I don't want to see these useless bastards back any time soon.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 1:36am
How do we work it out .   I rang 000 tonight . took 50 minutes to get Police here.    Campbell ,   not good enough.

Sex is like oxygen .   Not important until your not getting any.

Police the same
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 1:54am
And I doubt they'd want to have your vote. Even the ALP has standards.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

And I doubt they'd want to have your vote. Even the ALP has standards.

Kick me while I'm down RAT.       rattled by a mad young woman, >>> me ..    The Kings reputation is at stake here.
I could have knocked her out with one kiss. I have a rotten breath.
I'm going to turn over a new leaf.   The one on Eve me thinks .
Anyone else here who likes to see a misogynist suffer. ?
Please line up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 2:35am
Wasn't directed at you Maccamax. 
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 8:40am
to busy enjoying the improving australia to worry about arguing over semantics that seems to be the focus on the forum lately.

there has been a massive shift in business confidence since last september and this is continuing in the way they are acting and spending.

the liberal government came in and said they would break the business model of the people smugglers and they are doing that, they would build the roads and infrastructure for the next century and they are getting the work done on that, they would fix the budget and that will take 4 years to ge tthat done and they have a lot of work to do, and they would scrap the carbon tax and they have done that.

on top of that, they are controllably putting a plan in place for the nbn and they are getting that done in a sensible manner. 

getting the job done.

and to be honest, i am sure many of us are proud of the way they have handled the recent tragedy with both abbott and bishop showing real class, leadership, dignity and respect to the rest of the world at a time that it was desperately needed. 

in nsw we have a government that has fixed the budget, that is once again have announced road projects like the m5 widening and the richmond rd upgrade are ahead of schedule and below budget with motorists getting to use them much earlier. we get to hear about more improvements in visiion as they look to transform the bays precint and coupled with this, the work on barangaroo and the darling harbour to haymarket redevelopment, will take sydney to a whole new level world wide for tourism, business and local enjoyment. 

going great there too,

well done guys. 

"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 2:29pm
You're little more than an an unthinking billborad for con slogans (the type many politicians and political parties love) as we all know but I'll give you the point about Abbott's handling of the airline tragedy. I think he's done much better than expected and probably shown more balls than many others would have in  his position. Meantime the Malaysian PM got on with quiet diplomacy and secured the black boxes and agreement from Borodai to allow access to the site.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 2:55pm
The perfect Government .   After an election , form a Government front Bench with the best Ministers from Both Sides in a say 60/40 percentage.
That way you get the best Brain , working for a common cause.
I suppose that is silly but anything to reduce conflict and stagnation
The mandates put forward to the people have to be introduced with both major parties duty bound to accept and implement.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Wasn't directed at you Maccamax. 

You have exposed my guilty conscience,   I must increase my medication.
My world falling apart.    Fiddles missing , The manic neighbour ,
Whale being nice to me .
My Surgeon bragging he would get another 10 years out of me .
Problem is that was in 2003.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 10:16am
Tone is treading the world stage trying to sell himself as a global leader, Joe is on the road selling his book.

Who is selling the unfair budget?Shocked 

How is that Liberal DNA going creating confidence and driving growth?

I guess rate rises are on hold indefinitely now.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:21pm
Thanks for the rap BD.    I haven't been on deck so much.   Been experiencing some garbage times.      Had to go through a Police interview yesterday. I Had to laugh really , my crime was I maliciously damaged hedges a lady claimed as her property. Part of the laugh is , What can they do to me if I'm guilty.
   People not understanding Strata law. For starters I didn't remove and prune the hedges . The gardener did. Secondly the Body Corporate Committee authorise things like reducing foliage and come spring the bluddy hedges will be back to beautiful.
A sick lady crying the "fear" crap when it suits gets added in.
What a waste of Police time.   3 times .
I'm not guilty without a trial, so I won't get the pleasure of Rolfe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 760>