Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 760>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LNP government.
    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 7:32pm
On behalf of Australian PAYE tax payers, thanks Josh - not.

A Treasury review has revealed up to $27 billion of the $89 billion JobKeeper program went to businesses that did not suffer as much as they feared from pandemic lockdowns.

These payments have prompted calls for the government to claw back JobKeeper.

But Treasury have declined to implement a claw back mechanism.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 7:25pm
He deserved it and besides McGowan has seen Barn's work.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 7:14pm
McGowan calling Barnyard an embarrassment to the Australian Parliament LOL tell us how you really feel
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

They always have. We dont get top tier stuff from them.

Do not know about that, my Stetson hat, my wife's Hanky Panky lingerie, my neighbour's Smith & Wesson handgun, and my brother-in-law's Harley Davidson , all top tier stuff are made in the USofA.Wink

Bob...you might have inspired an idea for a new chapter in my book...

WinkLOL
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:46pm

But, they have not yet built those nuclear subs, how can they be obsolete ?

We are buying the technology to build and frames for Virginia class submarines from America and onboard reactors from Britain that will not roll out of SA for decades. Meanwhile the US has moved on from that class and like most of the old junk we buy F-111 or Collins class subs, we wont be able to service them.

I think the key to the announcement was not us building subs, but us leasing their soon to be out of service Virginias and the setting up of an armaments industry here to build our own Tomahawk and other missiles to arm our leased subs and our junk F-35 Lightning fighter planes.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:45pm

Do not know about that, my Stetson hat, my wife's Hanky Panky lingerie, my neighbour's Smith & Wesson handgun, and my brother-in-law's Harley Davidson , all top tier stuff are made in the USofA.Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:36pm

PT, whether you despise Abbott or not, what are your thoughts, not the PRC thoughts which you have posted, on what Abbott had to say about Taiwan and the PRC's claim over the democratic nation of Taiwan ?

Do you really think anyone is going to take notice of what that insane misogynist failed PM is going to say?

He's still attempting to prove he has some relevance...that's all.

Everyone but China thinks Taiwan should retain their democracy...so he's not Pat Malone... 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:32pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:32pm
But, they have not yet built those nuclear subs, how can they be obsolete ?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:30pm

And I didn't listen to what he said. Presumably more cold war stuff to justify spending $280 billion on America's junk subs and fighter planes that are obsolete when or if we get them.

I can't believe they are wanting to pass on second-hand junk to us. 

America is becoming the Vinnies of the Western-World...

Ouch

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:28pm

I have posted that many times in other threads Bob and nobody wants to hear it again.
I must have missed your thoughts, but for the record what are they ?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:28pm

Who created the creator?

and why didn't the creator put Einstein and Marie Curie as the first two people on earth?

instead of those dumb apple-eating naturists, Adam and Eve...

these are the questions which need to be answered.

Geek
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:25pm
And I didn't listen to what he said. Presumably more cold war stuff to justify spending $280 billion on America's junk subs and fighter planes that are obsolete when or if we get them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:23pm
I have posted that many times in other threads Bob and nobody wants to hear it again.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:02pm
PT, whether you despise Abbott or not, what are your thoughts, not the PRC thoughts which you have posted, on what Abbott had to say about Taiwan and the PRC's claim over the democratic nation of Taiwan ?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:10am
China remembers Tones.LOL

China denounces 'insane' Australian ex-PM Abbott for Taiwan remarks

TAIPEI, Oct 9 (Reuters) - China's embassy in Australia said former Prime Minister Tony Abbott was a "pitiful" politician on Saturday after he denounced Chinese pressure against Taiwan during a visit to the island.

Abbott visited Taiwan, which is claimed by China, in a personal capacity this week, meeting President Tsai Ing-wen and saying at a security forum that China may lash out with its economy slowing and finances "creaking". read more

The Chinese embassy in Canberra responded with distain.

"Tony Abbott is a failed and pitiful politician. His recent despicable and insane performance in Taiwan fully exposed his hideous anti-China features. This will only further discredit him," it said in a brief statement on its website. more...

http://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/china-denounces-insane-australian-ex-pm-abbott-taiwan-remarks-2021-10-09/

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 8:54am
Who created the creator?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:38pm
Fancy people not believing in something. This existence we enjoy has to have started somewhere , with it's miracles and questions that can't be answered .     It didn't just jump out of an earthquake and have all these Professors on everything, to mislead us to a point of fear and Hysteria where everything is as puzzling as This pandemic and all their "Brains" has NO clue on what it is all about .
   Who gave the new born the in born tendencies to pay attention to their immediate needs , and to experience the emotions that sre necessary for them to find a well hidden teet , to commence their very existence.
   It wasn't some clown with a university degree and the empty head of a Tim Flannery .
   There is something we have to have hidden away ... = Enough BRAINS to at least query ,   How is all this possible. GOD only knows .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:10pm

The growth and spread of misinformation poses a fundamental threat to Australian society, experts say. The government’s cautious approach to countering it won’t work

Australia: fertile ground for misinformation and QAnon

When Michael Marom steers his Telstra-branded company car past the site of a planned 5G tower on the streets of Mullumbimby, it draws a now predictable response.

Someone is watching, always, and news of his presence quickly ripples through the faithful.

“They call themselves the protectors of the tower,” Marom says.

“They have someone there all the time, so what happens is that as soon as you drive past in a Telstra vehicle, within about 15 minutes there’ll be four or five other cars there.”

Among the protectors will most likely be those who, despite all evidence to the contrary, believe 5G’s electromagnetic energy is harming babies, or interfering with bee populations, insects and birds, which are suddenly falling out of the sky.

The more extreme might believe 5G is spreading Covid-19, or that face masks have been equipped with 5G antennas.

There’s no aggression. No abuse.

But a lesson lies in the sheer speed of the response.

These are the diehards. They are well connected and organised. Fervent in their belief of the evils of 5G and ready to act on it with little notice. more...

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/18/how-governments-were-left-playing-catch-up-on-misinformation

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:38pm
And we will be the last in Australia with Greenie anti-vaxxer 5G conspiracy people chaining themselves to towers for the last year to stop it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

We didn't have a phone when I was 17.

What are you then, a ghost haunting us on TBV & elsewhere? Confused

"It was at this time, 1876–1877, that a new invention called the telephone emerged. It is not easy to determine who the inventor was."

Well it took nearly 100 years to get to Mullumbimby and that was an old wall winder unit that put you onto the local telephone exchange who you told the number you wanted and they put you through. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:19pm

I know. No Facebook or Twitter either. Dark ages stuff.

we were only discussing that, last night. My daughter said she didn't know how we existed without the internet, mobile phones and Japanese restaurants. 

She was really horrified when I told her we didn't have McDonalds, either, when I was young. "What? No Happy Meals?"

"Well..." said I. "We didn't know anyone was going to invent them, so we just made do with black and white tv."

She fainted...

Big smile 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:10pm

What are you then, a ghost haunting us on TBV & elsewhere? Confused

"It was at this time, 1876–1877, that a new invention called the telephone emerged. It is not easy to determine who the inventor was."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:45pm
I know. No Facebook or Twitter either. Dark ages stuff.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:36pm
how sad. I couldn't have rung you, then. 

Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:20pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:09pm
 I never had to invent a lover on the phone, though.

Embarrassed
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:07pm
I know it well, Carioca. 

Can sing all the lyrics.

And understand the message behind the song.

Thumbs Up
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 6:55pm
Janis Ian , "At Seventeen " great song for you JJ. Smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

They could have sent me to Catholic school for 30 years starting at 4 and it wouldn't have made the slightest difference to my thinking on religion then or now.

Me either.

At seventeen, I thought to myself "do I really believe all this religion crap?" And I answered "No."

I feel sorry for children whose parents subjected them to religious zealotism...it is akin to brainwashing and deprivation.

My mother had us all baptised Anglican, but after that it was up to us whether we wanted to believe.

My best friends were Methodist, Catholic and Jewish. I would go off with them to their church/ synagogue and attempt to understand what was sermonised, but none of it seemed sane. 

I converted to atheism at age 17 and have never doubted the church of free thought.

Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 760>