Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Lucas Cranach - R.I.P.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucas Cranach - R.I.P.
    Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:00pm
I spoke to the stallion manager today and he said he has over 120 mares booked- said response amazing and mares coming from both NZ and WA

Good to see

Edited by Gay3 - 27 Sep 2020 at 1:58pm
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:28pm
good price probably helped too Bushy. nice to see something realistic....
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:52pm
Be interesting to see how strategic manuever goes with numbers.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 11:10am
I believe it was those hoof issues that prevented him landing a big one in Aus.  If he did you wouldn't be getting him at the current rate.  Stayer with a good turn of foot.  with support he could do OK as a sire.
Bushy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 7:54pm
spoke to stud manager today when I picked my mare up- he said his got a 118 in foal- great start for him for his first year
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 10:56am
This post popped up in a racing thread & I thought it may be of interest to those considering using him:

Group 1 Selections View Drop Down

Champion
Champion 

Post Options Post Options
  Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
Thanks (1)
  Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply
New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 12:17am - IP: 101.169.127.226 IP Information
To tell you the truth though, I have not seen many horses that had the turn of foot that the horse had to finish close up 5th in a Caulf Cup with a quartered hoof and making his run 4 wide from the 800m and then to run 3rd in the Melb Cup behind 2 very handy stayers when he himself did not see the trip out and off a limited prep because of injury were not bad efforts.

And then to run straight past Manighar and be still going away when eased down on the line was simply brilliant. Especially when you consider Manighar went on to win 3 Group 1's in a row off that run. At their peaks I have Lucas Cranach 2.25L the better of Manighar and feel he had that Autumn at his mercy.

Edited by Gay3 - 12 Jun 2014 at 10:59am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
gorrod View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 6:09pm
I have a service fee for him this season and would appreciate advice as to which of these two mares might suit him best.

1 All in favour (not a single doubt x Indris) missed to him last year.

2 Qalanjo (xaar x tikiri) not served last season . Foaled VCDH colt 2013 looks ok

Both mares broke their maiden status on the track and had around 50% place rate over all starts.

Breed to race .I have trotted out these mares before looking for stallion advice but now I have the stallion and need the mare selection.

Thanks for any interest.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 7:18pm
Gorrod I'd put All In Favour ahead of Qalanjo from a line breeding perspective.  However they'd both essentially produce outcrosses in the first 4/5 removes and you might also need to consider conformational suitability.

Depending on which one you send to LC for your free return I'd suggest the following for which ever one doesn't visit the stallion:

All In Favour would appear to go great with Snippets for the Easy Date cross so Magnus, Moshe and Keano would appear to loom large.  The last two are of course more realistically priced from a breed to race viewpoint.

Qalanjo has outstanding ancestress Best In Show close up via Xaar so I'd perhaps be looking to duplicate that via the stallion and fellows like Master Of Design and Domesday among others might possibly fit the bill.

In both cases have only mentioned Victorian-based sires as that appears to be where you're at.
gorrod View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 7:46pm
thanks SC Iam leaning to AIF for Lucas Cranach
For Qalanjo I will put Kuroshio in the mix

I see we would have been combatants today only you were scratched

Regards
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 7:55pm
Kuroshio, you could do worse and probably available at a significant discount to the advertised price.

Hope yours went ok today Gorrod.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 4:04pm
Has a runner in the next at Swan Hill, Crash Cranach. Haven't been paying close attention, how has his progeny been going at the track?
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Has a runner in the next at Swan Hill, Crash Cranach. Haven't been paying close attention, how has his progeny been going at the track?

He's only had 1 other runner so far, a horse trained by Michelle Payne who ran midfield on debut recently. Crash Cranach looked very green in that race today but looked impressive in trials. You'd think they'd improve with time and distance and I've been hearing pretty good reports about them. Too early to judge him yet I think.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 5:28pm
Looked to over react to the whip, that horse particular needs another 6 months to mature
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 8:04pm
Was that his first winner today? Crash Cranach.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 8:10pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:32pm
Nicish debut winner in a low grade race a Goulbourn. 

Hemmerlebay gelding 2014 
Lucas Cranach (GER)
Bay 2007
Mamool
Bay 1999
In the Wings
Bay 1986
Sadler's Wells
Bay 1981
Northern Dancer
Fairy Bridge
2-d
5-h
High Hawk
Bay 1980
Shirley Heights
Sunbittern
1-l
9-e
Genovefa
Bay 1992
Woodman
Chestnut 1983
Mr Prospector
Playmate
13-c
1-s
Reigning Countess
Bay 1982
Far North
Countess Fager
8-f
4-r
Lots of Love
Brown 1997
Java Gold
Bay 1984
Key to the Mint
Bay 1969
Graustark
Key Bridge
4-d
2-n
Javamine
Bay 1973
Nijinsky
Dusky Evening
8-f
9-b
Lost Love
Bay or brown 1992
Acatenango
Chestnut 1982
Surumu
Aggravate
19>
11-a
L'Oise
Bay 1978
Alpenkonig
Lara
2-n
16>
Medowie Jewel (AUS)
Bay 2001
Nuclear Freeze
Bay 1996
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
Pas de Nom
Bay or brown 1968
Admiral's Voyage
Petitioner
4-n
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Bay 1968
Ribot
Flower Bowl
4-l
4-d
Spring Adieu
Bay 1974
Buckpasser
Natalma
1-s
2-d
Entrance
Chestnut 1990
Zeditave
Chestnut 1985
The Judge
Bay 1975
Showdown
Bellition
6-b
2-b
Summoned
Chestnut 1978
Crowned Prince
Sweet Life
4-d
1-n
Oenjay Lass
Grey 1984
Oenjay Star
Grey 1976
Royal Yacht
Copper Curls
10-c
2-h
Vibrant Lass
Grey 1974
Vibrant
Pirate Doll
13-e
2-g
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer5m x 4m Natalmax 5m,5f
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:01pm
Nuclear Freeze, is he a brother to Danehill djebel? if so lot of speed on the dam side.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:04pm
Yes he is. Thumbs Up
reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:36pm
He used to be in the Southern Highlands of NSW, but does anyone know where he is now ?  N.F. I mean .
Hard to believe they are full brothers, isnt it.
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

He used to be in the Southern Highlands of NSW, but does anyone know where he is now ?  N.F. I mean .

Poor bugga.

Exported to China on 25 Jun 2011
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:59pm
The dad.

reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Poor bugga.

Exported to China on 25 Jun 2011

Probably been dog food by now.  Poor bugga is right.
animals before people.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 4:31pm
3yo son of Lucas Cranach won again at Wagga over 1300m.

Anyone have stats on the racetrack performance of his progeny to date?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 4:41pm
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 8:36pm
Thanks Gay3

That is a very useful website for me.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:28pm

Lucas Lotto and Leneva Park

Tara Madgwick - Thursday September 10

Progressive Victorian thoroughbred enterprise Leneva Park is moving forward this spring with a new phase in their development following the arrival of proven stallion Lucas Cranach (Ger) and the acquisition of three quality mares to add to their burgeoning breeding program.

Formerly known as Rockmount, Leneva Park was purchased in early 2019 by Luke Vandersluys and his family, who were originally a farming family from Wodonga.

Luke saw the opportunity to provide a premium pre-training service in the heart of Victorian thoroughbred country and the potential to showcase the talents of his sister Sarah Beaumont, who competed to a national standard in Equestrian, taught extensively in Australia and overseas in equine schools and polo stables, and her partner Joel Walton, a former champion country apprentice in NSW.

Sarah and Joel head up the pre-training and agistment arm of the business which counts major stables Mick Price and Mick Kent Jr, Mike Moroney, Lindsey Smith, Nigel Blackiston and John Moloney as valued clients.

“It has been a fantastic 12 months and we’re so proud of what we are achieving and of the quality that the farm is producing, our clients are happy and are getting results on the track and that makes us happy. You get a real thrill watching a horse that we have pre-trained or prepared go and win a race, it’s a great feeling to play a role in that success,” said Sarah Beaumont.

“The farm is a real family affair, I’ve worked with horses for as long as I can remember and the same goes for Joel.

“Mum (Judy Vandersluys) and Luke both have an active role in the business too and I think that’s what sets us apart. We’ve got a great team here and we treat every horse on the property as if it was our own.”

Luke also recruited Jenny Saunders, a very well respected yearling and weanling manager, who worked previously as yearling manager at Eliza Park and Princess Park, to oversee the development of weanling and yearling sale preparation.

“Luke is very keen to make an impact selling quality drafts at the yearling and ready to run sales and bringing Jenny on board was a big part of that,” Beaumont revealed.

“We’ve been slowly adding some real quality broodmares to the farm and they will get every chance to produce the sort of foals that will take us to the major yearling sales.”

In July, Leneva Park purchased three young broodmares Ingrid (USA) (Gemologist), Shoepeg (Bernardini (USA) and Cashla Bay (Fastnet Rock) from the MM National Broodmare Sale to grow the quality of their broodmare band.

The trio are in foal to high profile sires Russian Revolution, Brazen Beau and American Pharoah, so there is much to look forward to this spring!

The decision to take on Lucas Cranach was prompted by the sale of nearby Bullarook Park and the retirement of stud master Malcolm Boyd, who had previously stood the Melbourne Cup placed Group II winner.

“I really believe that there is an opportunity for Lucas Cranach to service the breed to race market that wants a middle distance horse,” Beaumont pointed out.

“Not everyone can go to Europe and buy a good stayer, but they can breed one with Lucas. He was such a good racehorse himself and he has proven that he can leave good racehorses as well. I think he’s one of the best value stallions in Victoria to be honest, he’s such an athletic horse and he’s very fertile.

“Smart breeders like John Fiteni (Surprise Baby) and Linda Huddy have bred the right mares to the stallion and have had really good success. I don’t think that anyone who sends a mare to Lucas this year will be disappointed.”

Standing at a fee of just $5,500 inc GST, Lucas Cranach has proven to be a great source of winners including wide-margin metropolitan winners like Dark Alley, Get Stuck In, Advance Warning, Stealthy Lucas and Arty Lucas.

Levena Park will offer two key promotions for Lucas Cranach in 2020 as follows:

1/“Lucas Lotto”- Broodmare owners have the chance to access Lucas Cranach at 50% of his advertised service fee. Book a mare to Lucas Cranach, nominate whether you want a colt or a filly, and pay 50% of the advertised fee on 45-day PPT.

If the resultant foal is the preferred outcome, the balance is due on live foal, if the foal is not the outcome they were seeking, there’s no more to pay!

2/ Breed a Stayer- Healthy discounts are available for broodmares that are city performed at 1600m+ or that have previously visited Americain, Fiorente, Dandino or Puissance De Lune.

Mare bookings via Mick Sharkie mick@lenevapark.com.au or Mitch Brown mitch@lenevapark.com.au

Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 12:42am
Hello,
maybe you are interested to read 'Lucas Cranach' and 'Shamus Award' are both
tracing to "Kisasszony" (by Lord Clifden), the oldest still existing German female family
in the German Studbook.

Around the 1940's a "second" branch was developed via "Lenchen" (by Ansitz), Lucas Cranach and Shamus Award via "Athene" (by Ariel).

Just to make it more obvious do a "Hypomating" by 6 Generations of Aroma (Shamus Award) and Loire (Lucas Cranach)

regards, Ticino
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 1:57pm
Heartbroken to lose this amazing lad yesterday. Lucas Cranach died following a freak accident on the farm. Such a gentle, kind horse, he certainly changed my life & I am forever grateful. A huge thanks to Malcolm Boyd & LenevaP for all the love & care they gave him in retirement Heart
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:30pm
Just had a $31 winner at Naracoorte
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:44am
Hello,
very sad to read about the passing of 'Lucas Cranach' after a Paddock accident, such unlucky things happen.

Just to make  it even worse, I wrote recently a short info about his breeding Background.

Hope , his still unraced progeny will keep his name alive at Australian racetracks.

regards, Ticino Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>