Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Darren Weir - Police Investigation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 8:02pm
Easily I'd guess Sky Dancer, he appears to be bursting at the seams having recently split up heaps of larger yards into much smaller with several new boxes & that's only at Miners Rest! He'd have no need to take on off casts unless he felt they could be viable.
Loved his remark last Friday re. the chances of one in the last at Flem "She's lost a leg since she came to my stable, had really good form untill she got here" LOL  Went poorly again, mare in the last.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Not sure if his focus has shifted lately. He had a period 2 years ago where he was working wonders with some tried horses from other stables. Those types seem to have dried up, or not worked.

Burning front has been pretty consistent since joining wier. He does have a few kicking around. And i love how he always just says he makes the horse happy with a change of scenery. What do the other trainers do? Stables, track, then a little paddock somewhere? Plain and bland. Like doing the same thing day in day out. No wonder i hate going to work😑
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Easily I'd guess Sky Dancer, he appears to be bursting at the seams having recently split up heaps of larger yards into much smaller with several new boxes & that's only at Miners Rest! He'd have no need to take on off casts unless he felt they could be viable.
Loved his remark last Friday re. the chances of one in the last at Flem "She's lost a leg since she came to my stable, had really good form untill she got here" LOL  Went poorly again, mare in the last.

honest as the day is long👍
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Sworn Revenge Sworn Revenge wrote:

Fair to say Sub he's still doing that - Dandino being one of many - however off his own bat or through syndicators he has started to acquire a lot of yearlings in the last year

Sorry, came out wrong. I meant more first up. They all just came out and won for him at their first start for a while. This year, he has had some really good ones come through that you thought would progress/ win fresh like Lady Sharapova, but they did diddly.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 7:57pm
mentioned in another thread how weir's horses look average in the coat - their parade appearance would actually turn you off if his record wasnt so good.

ive always been amazed at how strong his horses are through the line. they rarely fall in. with so many on his books, i guess he can construct a competitive stable.
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

mentioned in another thread how weir's horses look average in the coat - their parade appearance would actually turn you off if his record wasnt so good.

ive always been amazed at how strong his horses are through the line. they rarely fall in. with so many on his books, i guess he can construct a competitive stable.

Agree entirely.
They look dry coated  and light and little bloom.
He seems have what it takes [in response to the topic header]
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 8:03pm
That said , the management and placement of that many horses is extraordinary.
How they keep track of them all and place them so well is amazing.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 11:28pm
As long as he keeps beating the International Champions,  I say all power to him Big smile
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 7:41am
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Does that indicate that they spend too much time in most stables in preparing them like show ponies?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:00pm
He sure does when he can return phone calls at 10PM!

Geoff Neville last night about ten i tried to ring darren five minuites later the phone rang he called back so i could talk to him gee you dont get that from many busy foki do you

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:15pm
Interested to see what he can do with former Kiwi star, Puccini, who I note has his first start for the stable in The Eclipse on Saturday.

$26 seems skinny based on recent form, but taken, as well as $41 for Calvin Williams in the same race.

Note: Ms M Payne gets the ride on neither of them, however, Lloyd comes to the rescue and legs her up on one of his imports, Assign ... probably unders @$31, but could make a nice trifecta Big smile.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 5:02pm
Just a couple of triallers today LOL

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 5:10pm
I noticed the nominations - if correct he had 43 there today. LOL
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 5:26pm
Wendy Lee Potter Did you leave any stalls for anyone else lol?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 5:30pm
without Weiry's support the clubs out west would go broke
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 6:00pm
Gay, any idea what happens to the horses once they have left the Weir stable? Are they all found homes?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 6:04pm
Gay will know better than me but I am pretty sure the girl who posted the photos Lee does all the rehoming.
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:21pm
You're right Skydancer and Lee does a fantastic job. Won't just give it to the first person whom sticks their hand up either.
It's only called gambling when you lose
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Gay, any idea what happens to the horses once they have left the Weir stable? Are they all found homes?

A very special boy for sale to only a very special home..
This 9 year old imported Galileo gelding standing around 16hh needs a beautiful semi retirement home..
He's been an absolutely amazing horse on the track winning nearly a million dollars even placing in a Melbourne cup.

He needs a big spell,to be spoilt rotten and will suit someone who'd love to do a little adult riders, some natural horsemanship, trail riding just basically some easy things that won't put pressure on his tired legs..

He is forward to ride but that's just the racehorse in him so he should be fine without the grain and high performance feed..

He's not a turnover proposition he's hopefully a forever friend to someone who'll appreciate his amazing career..

Lee Purchase This amazing man now has a beautiful home.. Lovely paddock with 2 other retirees.. SOLD 20 hrs

She posts regularly & they rarely last more than a few days & in this guys' case, only 20hrs as a retiree!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:35pm
that sounds like At First Sight, glad to hear he is being looked after
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:48pm
At First Sight didn't run a place in the Cup did it?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:59pm
no it didn't, ran 10th.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 11:13pm
What's his name? ... no Gallileo's in the MC placings since Mahler in 2007, that I can see?

Gee, considering they win everything else o/s, it's amazing what a poor record they have out here, isn't it?Confused 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 11:44pm
I am still pretty sure the above horse is At First Sight, everything else adds up other than the bit about the cup.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 12:14am
Not necessarily the nomenclature most here would use, but 10th is a place in the Cup... It has to be At First Sight based on the rest of the description.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 12:14am
Albeit 10th place
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 12:20am
Epsom 5/06/10.  Investec Derby.  At First Sight - Seamus Heffernan
reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 9:34pm
That would be him djebel -  - I had backed him e/w for a month leading ito that MC, and had him anchoring all of my exotics with the first 4 placegetters - had a big win on the tri in any case, but if he HAD run a place, I would have given him a home myself!!!LOL
Spearmint View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spearmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 1:34am
It is At First Sight. I think what she meant to write was that it even ran 3rd in the English Derby. Which it did.
"Nothing in the world is so powerful as an idea whose time has come"
Spearmint View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spearmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 1:38am
Correction 2nd in the English Derby
"Nothing in the world is so powerful as an idea whose time has come"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>