Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kate Goodrich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:01pm
Was there supposed to be a Ouch or a Cry somewhere there 38? 
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Rub her out for months. You can't go around bad mouthing your boss without consequence. Rules are rules. 

you have to be kidding! he is not her boss, the only people he's the boss of are the stewards who work under him - and it's about time some of these people understood that trainers like Kate, owners and other participants make it possible for him and others like him to have a job. She is self-employed. Issue here is that rules have been ignored in prosecuting her and if you don't know what happened maybe you don't need to comment.
to the victor
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:26pm
Shawy38, Are you taking the p!ss.. You can't possibly be serious with what you are saying. terry is not the boss of the trainers. 

the miz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the miz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:47pm
It seems participants get beaten down when they have something to say. Racing is so immature and NSW and Vic are destroying it. Rotten to the core.
the miz
v'landwick the king of spin
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:35pm
So what did Kate actually do?
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:44pm
This wouldn't be the first time a steward has taken a dislike to a trainer,nor will it be the last unfortunately
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

So what did Kate actually do?

nothing I'm aware of, there was some issue with another female trainer at Kilmore that was blown out of proportion and the Kilmore boss decided that he'd be a jerk and stewards always back club admin
to the victor
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:25pm
Ripper news for once Clap

Investigation rules in favour of Goodrich

BY Adrian Dunn - @adriandunn2
2 hours ago Horse Racing

AN independent investigation has found Kilmore Racing Club’s suspension of trainer Kate Goodrich “flawed and unjustified”.

Racing Victoria issued a statement on Goodrich, who has been embroiled in a two-and-a-half-year dispute with the KRC. The KRC told Goodrich in August 2013 that she was unable to train her small team of horse from Kilmore. She and partner Jon Hassall were forced to float their horses to Seymour to train them.

The matter was sparked by a tweet from Goodrich who was critical of the track’s condition. After several attempts, including  mediation, failed to gain a resolution, RV appointed last year an independent third-party investigator – FBIS International – to look into complaints raised by Goodrich of her treatment by the Kilmore Racing Club.

“It is the opinion of the investigator in their draft report that Ms Goodrich’s allegations of bullying and threatening behaviour against KRC were sustained in the context of the Fairwork Australia Ombudsman definition and that her suspension by KRC was flawed and unjustified,” the RV statement reads.

“Since receipt of the investigator’s draft report, RV has sought to engage with Ms Goodrich and her representatives in a bid to facilitate a resolution of her dispute with KRC, and RV remains committed to doing so at the earliest opportunity.

“Discussions regarding the matter remain on-going with Ms Goodrich and her representatives. These are best conducted on a confidential basis and thus we do not intend to comment further on the specifics of the matter at this time.”

Goodrich said the dispute had “decimated her business” and caused her to “suffer depression and anxiety”. She said the protracted dispute had “taken its toll on my health and my business.”

“No one has given me a horse to train since this has happened and I can understand that. Why would anyone give me a horse to train with this hanging over me?

“It should never have come to this. There are still so many questions that need to be asked about the handling of all this. There needs to be accountability at all levels.

“The culture of racing needs to change.”

RV has commenced work on an enhanced Governance Education Program for country clubs to assist in their management processes.

This is in addition to initiatives over the past 12 months to support the health and wellbeing of trainers, including the appointment of a full-time RV Trainer Wellbeing Officer, the development of an online TrainersPlus portal and the introduction of the Australian Trainers Trust.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:29pm
Go Kate!!!!
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:35pm
Good she is finally starting to get some answers and acknowledgement... Seems to take a while down here...
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:46pm
Good news for Kate, about time she had answers. 2.5 years, why the long delay?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:18pm
utter disgrace from the get go - I hope they find some way to compensate her for her trouble and stop this systematic bullying of licensees - it's 2016 it's not good enough
to the victor
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:44pm
What a joke!

Good on you Kate, can't wait to see what else comes about from this. 

Girl deserves compensation for lost business!
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:46pm
Have the Kilmore board been sacked?
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

Have the Kilmore board been sacked?

good question.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:01pm
I think they had some issues with budget and the ceo has moved on - but not 100% sure.
to the victor
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:30pm
They should reimburse her for float costs for 2.5 years.
Sunline...simply supreme
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:43pm
The CEO that caused her grief has long gone and fair to say he has left a few jobs with a lot of ???????'s hanging over him.
Kate is to be admired for her strength of character and for not allowing herself to be bullied into silence.
From what I know of her she is very highly regarded and is known to be impeccably honest and decent.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:55pm
we all also need an explanation from TB as to why he sided with the club and acted the way he did, and why it has taken so long for the report to come out - victimizing people who don't deserve it just because they stand up for themselves is simply not on 
to the victor
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 2:42am
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

utter disgrace from the get go - I hope they find some way to compensate her for her trouble and stop this systematic bullying of licensees - it's 2016 it's not good enough
Linghi, RV should take a good look at this type of behaviour. It seems to be a culture within the industry and always targets the smaller names. They know full well that most of the victims do not have the money to fight in the courts. Well done to Ms Goodrich and congratulations for her determination.ClapClapClapClapClap
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 7:10am
Agreed and even with those that put up $$$ to fight they prolong cases in a deliberate attempt to hope people will either give up or run out of money, then case closed...
This culture starts at the top- if the CS is able to reportedly yell at trainers summoned to RV for voicing an opinion, what behaviour is allowed (and possibly promoted)by integrity underlings that visit trainers stables etc away from a more public eye?.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 11:01am
Governments in every state and territory need to establish an independent body where grievances like this should be taken and treated seriously - racing admin cannot be allowed to continue unchecked and invincible - they need to lead by example and be fully accountable.
to the victor
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 10:03pm
I think the CEO was a John Cameron.   Can someone post his C.V. I think it would be hard to believe what this bloke has unachieved.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:20pm
I am not sure what it is about but she is giving it to them this morning on twitter.

Just got an update on my first winner Stinkin rich out & about on the weekend. Great job Kilmore RC, RV & CRV...

0 retweets0 likes
< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor js- js-Reply" -modal="ProTweet-reply" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">

< ="ProTweet- js- js-Retweet" -modal="ProTweet-retweet" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">
Retweet

< ="ProTweet- js- js-Favorite" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">

< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">
More
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:21pm
Kate Goodrich ‏@kategoodrich  40m

& an update on my Gunbower plunge horse Mondelago. Again I hope you're proud of what you've achieved KRC RV & CRV

0 retweets0 likes
< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor js- js-Reply" -modal="ProTweet-reply" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">
< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">

More
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:28pm
I imagine they're ones she had to let go whilst unable to train anywhere & if she majority owned them, they probably had to go due to lack of funds. Purely supposition tho' Confused
All the same, great to see them well homed Thumbs Up
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:51pm
They deserve everything she gives them. Unaccountable, small-minded, vindictive a$$holes. Wouldn't know how to admit their mistake and do the right thing for once, all about saving face no matter the damage.
to the victor
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 3:00pm

Goodrich: Racing Victoria has destroyed me

BY ADRIAN DUNN - @ADRIANDUNN2
9 hours from now Horse Racing

Kate Goodrich (Pic: supplied)

Embattled trainer Kate Goodrich claims Racing Victoria has “destroyed her” and asked Fair Work Australia to place a “stop bullying order” against Racing Victoria CEO Bernard Saundry on Tuesday.

Goodrich claims the inaction of RV in dealing with her bullying case has left her with no alternative but to take action against Saundry. She claims Saundry has done nothing to address the findings of an independent investigation, which found she had been “bullied” and subject to “threatening behaviour” while training horses at Kilmore.

The independent investigation, commissioned by RV, also found a suspension of Goodrich by the Kilmore Racing Club to be “flawed, unjustifiable and did not withstand scrutiny”.

“They have destroyed me,” Goodrich said. “Looking at these horses just breaks my heart. I’ve got to the point where I will have to sell everything.”

Goodrich said Saundry has been in possession of the independent report for 10 months, but “has done nothing”. She said the bullying was continuing.

“For three years I haven’t been provided with a safe workplace,” Goodrich said.

“Racing Victoria is not going to handle it – they just go around and around in circles.

“I need someone to come in and make a ruling on the investigation.”

RV declined to discuss spec...

reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 3:51pm
I find it staggering that an independent report, commissioned by RV, found in favour of Kate, yet not one thing has happened since. Have they chosen to ignore this report? Why haven't people lost their jobs? Why hasn't Kate received an apology and compensation?
They clearly just want her to go away. Bad move. For anyone that follows her on twitter, they picked the wrong person to ignore!
Go get them Kate!
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 4:35pm
This tarnishes RV's image and denies them any shred of credibility on other issues. Sick industry where participants passed the hat around to help O'Shea when he did the wrong thing, but will do nothing to help this brave woman.
to the victor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>