Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kate Goodrich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kate Goodrich
    Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:56am

So disappointing to hear she has had her license suspended. We all know and love her as a twitter crusader & champion of the trainers when it comes to rights. Reported by Bruce Clark as having nothing to do with her tweets so why have the stewards come down so hard??!!

No report, no fair trial and no appeal process whatsoever. What in the world happened??

GO SHIRA
AXE_MAN View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AXE_MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 12:54pm
I would imagine her 'actions' has ticked somebody off.....You don't get that treatment unless you've done something of a nasty nature or there is an allegation that she has allegedly done something wrong against an individual. Hmm, let me guess....

My favorite horse is the last winner I backed !!
MelbourneRacing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelbourneRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:26pm
I know the background of all of this and have spoken to Kate a lot in the last couple of days. Let's just say the Kilmore Racing Club has a lot of internal problems. I reckon it would be fair to say the club has lost 50 per cent of its horses in the last 18 months.

Kate is no angel, but she's not afraid to stand up for herself and be a pioneer in the industry. She should be encouraged, not gagged. I wish I could say more, but Kate has asked me to stay quiet for the time being, which is fair, as I imagine solicitors will be involved.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:39pm
May as well be puppets once the annual 'dotted line' has been signed Unhappy
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Sheera View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm
Thanks for that Melbourne Racing.

I was very puzzled to read that she wasn't even given the chance to refute any allegations. That's very disappointing for her as I agree she has done nothing but good for the industry.

Hopefully she can keep her chin up and work through whatever is wrong!
GO SHIRA
Ernest View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:11pm
Pardon my ignorance but who is this lady?
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Ernest Ernest wrote:

Pardon my ignorance but who is this lady?

small time trainer (26 on her books) best known is probably Signor Socks
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
crawf1 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crawf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:26pm
I have a couple of shares in horses with her and from my point of view it is an absolute disgrace that they have suspended her, one of the nicest and hard working small trainers going around.

Obviously no one is allowed to have an opinion on things these days, if they listened to her they probably would not have had a meeting abandoned on Sunday!!
Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:33pm
Statement: Can't train anyway.
Reason: Female.
Source: Quez.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:35pm
Great to see some public support for her as no doubt her peers & other licensed ppl feel their hands are tied Thumbs Up
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:54pm
It's amazing that racing - and sports in general - feel they can deny their participants free speech. If the track is s**t, and they often are, why can't the people whose livelihood depends on it voice their opinions? D O'Brien fined 10k for saying that Flemington wasn't up to scratch. Ricky Stewart fined - what was it? 65k or 75k overall? for saying the refs are poor. Newsflash - refs are shocking and Flemington raced like a goat track. Why are sports administrators doing their best to quash any criticism, rather than taking it on board and doing something constructive with it. 

If Kilmore track administration or track staff are to blame, they should be losing their livelihood, not Kate!

Edited by Gay3 - 07 Aug 2013 at 4:34pm
to the victor
crownie View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 4:24pm
I think you will find Kate has not been suspended by the RVL stewards and it is a matter involving the club at Kilmore.
Her suspension only relates to her using the track for training,she is free to race wherever and whenever she likes.
I also know the background circumstances to this matter and wish Kate well in seeking a resolution.
Kate is a fine person in racing and widely respected throughout the training ranks.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 6:25pm
Half the problem outspoken trainers have is their "mates" do not stick with them.

I have no idea what Kate Goodrich has done but it sound like its a political issue.

The trainers Union should be jumping on board and sorting it out.

Black ban those officials who do not tow the line.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 12:44pm
reductio ad absurdum
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 1:10pm
Looks like a new thread "RV Integrity Failures" is long overdue. Bailey's failure to follow rules regarding notification of test results probably won't be addressed until after the cases have been finalised but his explanation should make interesting reading. Don't see how Integrity officials can enforce the rules on licensed people while ignoring them themselves. 
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 1:12pm
She's got racing administrators down pat.
to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 2:13pm
Bloody good on you Kate, too many salarymen hiding behind each other with no transparency or accountability. It's still a democracy over there in Oz isn't it? .......for Gods sake RVL are becoming a Starzi.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 2:42pm
Integrity review of the integrity department?

Going to be interesting how this all plays out
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 2:44pm
Yep, who's policing the police?
Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 4:58pm
How very disappointing. Hope the ATA have her back on this one. Kate is good for racing. Chin up Kate.
Life's a Sham
Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Integrity review of the integrity department?

Going to be interesting how this all plays out

Life's a Sham
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Uluru Uluru wrote:

How very disappointing. Hope the ATA have her back on this one. Kate is good for racing. Chin up Kate.

As far as I know, the ATA didn't want a bar of it......................she's small fry after all Unhappy
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by Uluru Uluru wrote:

As far as I know, the ATA didn't want a bar of it......................she's small fry after all Unhappy

Trainers associations do SFA, especially for smaller guys and gals, you'd hope they don't draw much of a wage in the process 
to the victor
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:33pm
Know Kate pretty good, and she just about gets it right in this matter imo.

But will almost certainly be hung out to dry, good and proper.  Dead
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Half the problem outspoken trainers have is their "mates" do not stick with them.

I have no idea what Kate Goodrich has done but it sound like its a political issue.

The trainers Union should be jumping on board and sorting it out.

Black ban those officials who do not tow the line.
Whale told me via mental telepathy that it is toe ! Wink
the miz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the miz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Looks like a new thread "RV Integrity Failures" is long overdue. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Bailey's failure to follow rules regarding notification of test results probably won't be addressed until after the cases have been finalised but his explanation should make interesting reading. Don't see how Integrity officials can enforce the rules on licensed people while ignoring them themselves. </span>

Think you should worry about your boss firstly.
the miz
v'landwick the king of spin
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:11pm
A piece of 4x2 has more nous so it's a bit unfair but anytime you want to put your reputation as a diviner of identity on the line I'll be more than happy to accommodate you. 

$100 to charity for every time you've got it wrong sound good to you?

If either of you want to take this further, please continue OFF forum, emails ideally as PMs still qualify as 'forum'.
Identities are to remain publicly unknown, regardless or who you know or think you know Ermm

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Feb 2016 at 7:22pm
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:25pm
How do PM's constitute a forum ? No-one can see it.

Unsavoury PMs can still be reported max & suspensions/bans have occurred due to content of same, so it's probably 'safer' to go elsewhere Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Feb 2016 at 7:44pm
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:31pm
Hugely appropriate intervention from the Moderator imho.  Star
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:56pm
Rub her out for months. You can't go around bad mouthing your boss without consequence. Rules are rules. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>