Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kate Goodrich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by anabel anabel wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

A salient reminder that grog and ignorance are bad bedfellows. 

RV's response has been disgraceful. Then again they've been headless chooks for far too long.

A boat without a rudder in a lot of ways imo, they have lost me.

It just seems like a massive gravy train dominated by self interest and incompetence.

That seems about right.......what about accountability, who the hell are they accountable to? The Cobalt ballsup, the HD farce, the Aquanita joke, and poor Kate, who in all reality should take them through the courts, the courts where they don't have any protection......in today's day and age a persons livelihood and mental health should not be compromised, especially when a ruling in the plaintiffs favour has already been proved!
Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:36pm
why has she not gone to the courts?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Underground Underground wrote:

why has she not gone to the courts?

She has, but you must have some idea how long the court process takes...
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:55pm
i have no idea, enlighten me. is there anywhere to read up on what has happened?
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:11pm
It's right under your nose Underground. Or try google.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:39pm
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:44am

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Kate Goodrich โ€@kategoodrich  8m

My response to support of @melfyfe article in Weekend; I am willing to comment.

http://www.smh.com.au/good-weekend/the-lone-ranger-terry-baileys-battle-to-clean-up-racing-20160201-gmiqmw.html โ€ฆ 

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Sep 2018 at 2:40pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:52pm
I can't find any articles frm after 2017 nor on what is happening with her taking RV to court. I am genuinely curious and if anyone can help without the snark that would be appreciated 
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:45pm
While I empathise with what has happened to Kate, she doesn't do herself any good either. Harps on anything and everything to do with the stewards etc, and brings up what has happened ALL the time. Sure, she is entitled to be bitter towards it, but its not helping her mental state.
If she has it with the courts, she just needs to somehow move on with things and wait for that to come through, and remove the massive chip on her shoulder.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

While I empathise with what has happened to Kate, she doesn't do herself any good either. Harps on anything and everything to do with the stewards etc, and brings up what has happened ALL the time. Sure, she is entitled to be bitter towards it, but its not helping her mental state.
If she has it with the courts, she just needs to somehow move on with things and wait for that to come through, and remove the massive chip on her shoulder.

Why would you attack this lady? chip? she's scarred for life, the industry let her down, her trainers association should have stood shoulder to shoulder with Kate, Lawyers are more than expensive, her case is a no brainer, Bailey failed her, he did not do what he was employed to do, the interests of racing suffered, in some cases like Kate's, the effected persons self harmed, some fatally, and it was only at the Coroners court did the truth come out....the cruel truth, Kate God bless her did not and has not weakened to that extent, as she has a strong support base, but RVL and it's employees have shown that there should be a Royal Commission into VIC racing, only then will Kate and people like her receive justice and those responsible for malpractice be held accountable.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

While I empathise with what has happened to Kate, she doesn't do herself any good either. Harps on anything and everything to do with the stewards etc, and brings up what has happened ALL the time. Sure, she is entitled to beย bitter towards it, but its not helping her mental state. <div abp="1410">If she has it with the courts, she just needs to somehow move on with things and wait for that to come through, and remove the massive chip on her shoulder.

Why would you attack this lady? chip? she's scarred for life, the industry let her down, her trainers association should have stood shoulder to shoulder with Kate, Lawyers are more than expensive, her case is a no brainer, Bailey failed her, he did not do what he was employed to do, the interests of racing suffered, in some cases like Kate's, the effected persons self harmed, some fatally, and it was only at the Coroners court did the truth come out....the cruel truth, Kate God bless her did not and has not weakened to that extent, as she has a strong support base, but RVL and it's employees have shown that there should be a Royal Commission into VIC racing, only then will Kate and people like her receive justice and those responsible for malpractice be held accountable.

Not often I agree with Bonjour but spot on
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:51pm

I was tending to agree to a certain extent with this until that little belt on the chin at the end.

On the one hand she is entitled to be bitter about and on the other she has a chip on her shoulder.

It was a reasonable argument up till that.

reductio ad absurdum
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 1:16am
What I meant by the chip is, she needs to remove it to be able to live again, and whilst for sure that wont be able to be 100% done without closure against them in the courts or whatever, but she needs to take her mind off it somehow and not sit there stewing about it, otherwise she will end up a very very sick person, and may be beyond help.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:35am
That's better.....agree in principle, however it's easy for us to say that, living through what Kate went through, until they at RVL are taken to task though, I fear Kate will have no closure.....she lost a lot of owners, and to grow your business you need positive publicity, not negative......the press also should have assisted Kate once they learnt of the ruling in her favour.....they. are sycophants not journos.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:54pm

Reference:
https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/racing/terry-bailey-embroiled-in-supreme-court-claim-20200204-p53xp8.html?__twitter_impression=true

Terry Bailey embroiled in Supreme Court claim

By Damien RactliffeUpdatedFebruary 6, 2020 โ€” 4.53pmfirst publishedFebruary 4, 2020 โ€” 5.06pm

The validity of Terry Bailey's appointment as Racing Victoria's chairman of stewards is being questioned in a Supreme Court claim filed by trainer Kate Goodrich.

In a claim that could open a Pandora's box for Racing Victoria, should it be proven true, Goodrich alleges stewards Rhys Melville and Simon Quintner had not properly been appointed stewards by Racing Victoria's board, and disputes the validity of Bailey's appointment as chairman of the stewards.

Terry Bailey.

Photo: AAP

Bailey was heavily involved in the disqualification of disgraced jockey Danny Nikolic, headed the cobalt cases against Danny O'Brien and Mark Kavanagh and led the investigation against Aquanita before he resigned from Racing Victoria's top post in June 2018 to take up a chairman of stewards role at the Singapore Turf Club.

Goodrich, who has already once been unsuccessful in the Supreme Court in challenging the validity of the stewards' appointments, is seeking damages against the Kilmore Racing Club and Racing Victoria, claiming she was unlawfully suspended from training.

Goodrich at a RAD Board hearing in March 2017 pleaded guilty to denying Melville and Quinter access to her stables for a routine inspection, but says her refusal was not wrongful as Racing Victoria failed to properly appoint the pair.

She says Racing Victoria has resisted several requests for evidence of Melville and Quintner's appointments as stewards, dating back to a VCAT challenge of the RAD Board decision in late 2017.

Racing Victoria had agreed to set aside the RAD Board decision and pay Goodrich's legal costs, but would not provide Goodrich with the stewards' contracts without a confidentiality agreement.

"The reason Racing Victoria has not provided a copy of the Instruments to Ms Goodrich, in the absence of a confidentiality agreement relating to this proceeding, is that they include confidential employment documents related to the two stewards, which include confidential terms and conditions of appointment and salary," VCAT senior member Ian Proctor wrote.

Proctor threw out Goodrich's VCAT challenge of the RAD Board decision, calling it an abuse of process.

"The abuse of process here is that Ms Goodrich, in the now-changed situation in this proceeding, is attempting to switch roles in this proceeding, such that she is pursuing an action attempting to obtain evidence and a VCAT decision to found an action, seeking compensation from Racing Victoria, in effect making Racing Victoria the defendant," Proctor said.

Horsing around: Kate Goodrich will head back to court in her battle against Racing Victoria and Kilmore Racing Club.

Photo: Matt Golding

"This is the collateral purpose, which constitutes an abuse of process in this review proceeding. If she seeks to pursue that collateral purpose, the courts are the appropriate venue."

A Supreme Court appeal of that VCAT decision was dismissed in April last year.

In her latest Supreme Court claim, Goodrich says her three-month ban from nominating horses, of which she was informed in a letter from Bailey, without an opportunity to show cause, did not accord her procedural fairness under Racing Victoria's own statutory duty.

She was also twice suspended by the Kilmore Racing Club without being given the opportunity to show cause as to why she should be allowed to continue training, which forced her to move her business to Seymour Racing Club. Goodrich claims those two suspensions breached her contract with the Kilmore Racing Club.

Edited by Gay3 - 23 Feb 2020 at 8:53am
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 8:53pm
Wtf did you do
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 9:17pm
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:18am
Kate has been victimised and bullied, her case should set a precedent in our industry, if her allegations are proved, justice should include the severe punishment of those officials involved. Congrats to Kate for having the strength re NOT signing a confidentiality agreement.

Anyone who followed Kate on twitter and facebook all these years know the story, it's worth a Four Corners expose, I abhor bullying, and abuse of power, I bet most of you lot do too.
fp50 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fp50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:59am
Feel for Kate 
My friend is going through the same thing in NSW
Time for people in the industry to have courage and a backbone
When the the rules of law are dismissive by a organisation they must be held accountable.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 11:09am
And, many of the people in those organisations shouldn't be there......where is accountability? it's becoming more like NZ everyday, so many good people have been forced from our industry by mediocre and sometimes corrupt officials.

Licensees have to uphold a behaviour code, so why not the people employed to oversee the racing industry! #whoispolicingthepolice
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 11:46am
Have a read of this - as well as the comments. The administrators are out of control and completely unaccountable.
https://www.racenet.com.au/news/volcanic-anger-bubbles-but-trainers-running-scared-over-caulfield-track-bias-20200223
to the victor
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 2:50pm
The past few weeks have been the toughest in my life. Today I was vindicated in the Victorian court of appeal by all 3 judges. The charges brought against me by RV Stewards from Dec 2016 have been dismissed. Thankyou to all for your support
๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

1st day of the rest of my life

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 3:04pm
I hope she sues Bernard Saundry and the rest of the bullies that made her life hell, they need to be exposed now for what they are and were.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:00pm
Great news for her
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 6:53pm
Great news!! Good on her!!!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 7:02pm
Agree as well, hope is the start of something good, BOL Kate.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 10:07pm

Court of Appeal exonerates trainer Goodrich on obstruction charges

Trainer Kate Goodrich has been exonerated of charges of obstructing Racing Victoria stewards from carrying out their duties in December 2016, after three Court of Appeal judges ruled in her favour on Friday.

Racing Victoria has fought to prevent Goodrich from viewing contracts proving stewards Rhys Melville and Simon Quintner had been properly appointed by Racing Victoria's board, but on Friday, it was determined that would not be needed to clear Goodrich of charges of denying the stewards entry to inspect her stables and a horse.

Goodrich pleaded guilty to the charges in front of the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board in March 2017 before she appealed against a three-month suspended suspension at VCAT, saying her refusal was not wrongful as Racing Victoria had failed to properly appoint the pair.

The validity of Melville and Quintner's appointments, as well as the appointment of former chairman of stewards Terry Bailey, is also the subject of a Supreme Court claim in which Goodrich is seeking damages against the Kilmore Racing Club and Racing Victoria, claiming she was unlawfully suspended from training.

Prior to her 2017 VCAT appeal, Racing Victoria had agreed to set aside the RAD Board decision and pay Goodrich's legal costs, but would not provide Goodrich with the stewards' contracts without a confidentiality agreement - terms which she declined.

However, VCAT threw out Goodrich's challenge of the RAD Board decision in March 2018, calling the "collateral purpose" of her attempt to obtain evidence to help her seek compensation from Racing Victoria as "an abuse of process". A single Supreme Court judge also dismissed Goodrich's appeal in April 2019.

But on Friday, three Court of Appeal judges determined that both VCAT and the Supreme Court should have dismissed the original charges and exonerated Goodrich, an order which they handed down on Friday.

"The setting aside of a conviction and penalty does not provide the same level of vindication and exoneration as the setting aside of a conviction and penalty which is accompanied by dismissal of the underlying charge," the judges wrote.

"As we have found that the only order that was open to VCAT on the evidence before it was the setting aside of the RADB decision and dismissal of the charge, such an order will be made."

The judges did, however, determine that the stewards' contracts should have been ruled inadmissible once Racing Victoria decided it would not support the RAD Board charges.

"A simple ruling that the appointment documents were inadmissible would have precluded the applicant [Goodrich] from further pursuing production of those documents," the judges wrote of the VCAT hearing.

"As Racing Victoria advised that it would not adduce any evidence in support of the charge, the appointment documents became irrelevant."

A Supreme Court judge will be asked to decide whether those appointment documents are relevant or not to Goodrich's pursuit of damages, in which she claims Racing Victoria unlawfully banned her from nominating horses for three months. That matter is due back in court on Thursday.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 2:31am
Great result. Happy for Kate
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 8:57am
I can't wait to see if Kate goes further with legal action, once her damages action is decided she might just enact civil court actions against several persons, the bullying Kate received was disgusting and a person of lessor cerebral strength may well have self harmed, thank God Kate stayed strong and I just hope there are some very nervous people on obscene salaries kacking their pants right now. Isn't it funny that the media have now become interested? They were missing in action when Kate needed help and support.......
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

I can't wait to see if Kate goes further with legal action, once her damages action is decided she might just enact civil court actions against several persons, the bullying Kate received was disgusting and a person of lessor cerebral strength may well have self harmed, thank God Kate stayed strong and I just hope there are some very nervous people on obscene salaries kacking their pants right now. Isn't it funny that the media have now become interested? They were missing in action when Kate needed help and support.......

Bullying seems to be accepted by the industry. Jobs for the boys, shoot the messenger and drive the whistleblowers out of the game.
But if you are in the inner sanctum, you are privy to when itโ€™s clear to break the rules and when to slow up a bit. As long as the authorities are seen to be catching a few little fish, the big fish have free rein.
One Melbourne trainer recently went from dozens of winners in eight months to almost none the next four, after Vic race club Chairman warned him he was off. Benefits of training for the big boys.
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:30am
We all know why Peter Moody walked away. Maybe they should continue the investigation now and hand out a punishment before his first runner.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>