Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kate Goodrich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kate Goodrich
    Posted: 06 May 2023 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Sorry, I don't know why that formatting happened LOL

Well I finally managed to get the gist of it posted after 25 bloody minutes Angry
Agreed, shocking format to paste so went para by para then the 2nd last effort =ed Internal Error Angry
Finally tried 'paste in plain text' (never used before LOL) for success - yay Big smile

Thank you LOL
Time is a flat circle
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 1:34pm
Thanks Gay, the more people that read this the better, it does describe what kind of man RVL employs, not all of course, but the people that treated Kate the way they did, and those at KRC aren't men at all.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 12:46pm
KATE GOODRICH: From Frozen out to Letting It Go!
Updated: 2 hours ago

Trainer Kate Goodrich rode her two racehorses on Thursday, was in the kitchen yesterday doing her favorite hobby of baking and will head to the races at Pakenham on Sunday to saddle the perhaps appropriately named Too Hard To Handle - who will be double figure odds at best.

Hardly news, is it? But then the intrigue in the Goodrich story, is well, and has been, continually intriguing.

So hopefully that story has come to somewhat of a close after legal parties involving hers, Racing Victoria and that of the Kilmore Racing Club reached a confidential agreement on Wednesday at the express (if not exasperated) direction of Supreme Court Judge Michael McDonald to sort a decade long Mary v Goliath type case.

Her social twitter handles have positively changed, her outlook moves with it.

No-one needs to be reminded of the background or indeed merits of the case again, but Goodrich’s life has been ultimately frozen since 2013 chasing her own justice, but she has now “let it go”, after achieving her day in court on Monday, albeit as harrowing as it was to her.

“There were no winners after all this, but I didn’t lose, I got my day in court. I was in dark places, none more so than Monday that was very tough, after I heard the judge, I just never thought I could go any further, but I’m still here and it can only get better,” Goodrich said.

“I don’t know what’s ahead right now, but to be able to ride my two horses without thinking about anything else, was quite amazing.

“Whether I keep training, I love my horses, I don’t know, see what happens, if I get my passion for racing back again, for some charity work, helping others to make things better for someone else.”

“There are many times I have wanted to be gone, but now I have a future, I can see a future, I have my farm and my horses, so I can see it does get better.

“It’s a little overwhelming, like starting from scratch again, but at time I never thought I’d be able to keep going,” Goodrich said.

It wasn’t long ago I received a letter package in the mail. Who still sends letters?

On opening it just contained a notebook page with a written note and a USB stick.

The page said - “If anything happens to me” - the USB stick contained every document, thousands of them and pages of evidence, that Goodrich had compiled in preparation to get to her day in court.

It wasn’t “solicited” - I dare the pun.

“I don’t know why I am still here; I have been so ready to be done, been in awful places, carried so much guilt and I didn’t want to hurt other people, but I want people to know my story,” Goodrich said.

That had been well shared before the Judge McDonald’s Supreme Court convened in Court 6 Monday.

This was Goodrich, originally banned from training at Kilmore in August 2013 (and eventually proof of being bullied) and a litany of subsequent steward’s inquiries, show cause notices, VCAT and the courts, the winner of just 46 races, sort her justice via accountability, not monies before the final Wednesday settlement.

It was presented in court that losses to Goodrich of earnings was $700,000, and potential earnings north of $1,000,000, so this subsequent settlement was based on such figures but under note of Judge McDonald, she was in a 50/50 business partnership with her long-time partner Jon Hassell.

So, to take you into the Supreme Court briefly for some perspective and the balanced way Judge McDonald dealt with opening statements and presentations before reading the room and strenuously recommending to the three competing parties to sort it out or he’d do it for them with some serious ramifications.

"There is an opportunity to bring this long standing litigation to and end, and everyone collectively can move on with the rest of their lives," he said.

"If you don't do that, you face the expense and stress of long trial, and always prospect of an appeal."

He would add that a trial and finding "may require me express adverse opinions as to the credit of individuals giving evidence."

To Judge McDonald, the breeding of the situation was a simple “trivial dispute” between Goodrich and fellow Kilmore training partner Alicia McPherson, a “wellspring” he would call it that would “balloon and balloon.”

He asked Matthew Stirling’s (for Goodrich) why his client  couldn’t take steps “that she may have found unpalatable” to ease the ill-well between the camps.

Stirling’s simple submission was that Goodrich was rightfully licensed to train at Kilmore, was never in breach of her contract to do so and given that her farm was minutes away from the track and clients supported her training from there, she was entitled to do so.

He asserted that Kilmore Club suspensions (August 2013 and then September 2013), were without notifications of supposed breaches of the training contract.

Stirling pointed out that three Kilmore club board members (Greg Stute, Tony De Souza and Vincent Loader) had horses trained with McPherson, Judge McDonald wanted to know why “World War III” was seemingly breaking out over such matters.

McDonald was adamant that the matter resolve at independent mediation: “All parties need to make compromises, significant compromises and take control of the outcome, if you lose complete control over the process, you must live with the judgement of the court,” he said.

Stirling raised the involvement of RV stewards, led by chairman Terry Bailey in an unsuccessful "mediation" on September 17, 2013, between Goodrich and the KRC, with Bailey ultimately recommending a show cause notice be the form of action taken by KRC

A series of emails between RV stewards, James Ogilivy (RV Lawyer) and eventually forwarded to KRC was read into evidence.  "Unfortunately my advice is that RV can't be seen to be driving this from behind the scenes" Bailey said to John Cameron, then CEO  at KRC.

A further mediation took place on May 28, 2014, also unsuccessful, with Goodrich denied access to the Kilmore track, and being forced to travel her horses to Seymour, some time and distance away.

Adrian Anderson, (remember him as football operations manager at the AFL) was there for Kilmore Turf Club and opened the bowling with the re-invitation of Kate Goodrich, who he submitted was not under a ban from Kilmore and was welcomed back as early as January 2014. (Something that Goodrich is now considering.)

He outlined a list of emails and notices from club chairman Laurie Boyd that suggested Goodrich sign a new terms and conditions report and everything would have tickety-boo.

The only thing Judge McDonald wanted to know was that if the Goodrich first suspension was legal and she wasn’t denied procedural fairness. It was a discussion left open.

Matthew Hooper for Racing Victoria, appeared virtually, suffering from COVID, and was quick to distance his client from Kilmore as their licensed country club, with a possible view to liability and in-turn damages.

His submission was that RVs interaction was helpful to Goodrich’s case and outcomes and that RV was merely acting in good faith and assisting “the plaintiff” – Goodrich - in their view.

The FBIS report independently requested by Racing Victoria found plainly that Goodrich had been bullied at Kilmore and her dismissal from training there was unjustified.

Hooper dismissed the seemingly damning report independently commissioned by then RV CEO Bernard Saundry , as merely a document that was never intended to be taken further.

This was at odds with Stirling for Goodrich assertation that the FBIS report was telling and correct, without having to be totally relied upon in evidence and outcome.

“(Bernard) Saundry had good reason not to release the report – legally it identified people that had adverse comments about them," Hooper said. "There was a complaint from the Kilmore Racing Clubthere had been deficiency in process that they were to aske comments.

“From there Racing Victoria didn’t know where it would end up. They were not motivated by anything to do anything with Miss Goodrich.“

But the draft FBIS report had recommended KRC board members explain their conduct, that they be disciplined if found to have acted inappropriately and that there be a formal apology to Goodrich with any restrictions to training at Kilmore be lifted.

There is no doubt RV had made attempts to deal with Goodrich since the situation first raised itself a decade ago. Goodrich never went back to them for money. Her mantra was simply “accountability.”

Goodrich's new Twitter profile pinches lyrics from a Cold Chisel song.

"When the war is over, got to get away Pack my bags to no place, in no time, no day" she quotes.

She could easily add another verse to sum up the last decade.

"When the war is over, got to start again

Try to hold a trace of what it was back then

You and I we sent each other stories

Just a page I'm lost in all its glories

How can I go home and not get blown away"
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 12:40pm
clarkofthecourse.com Bruce Clark describes in better detail some of the nitty gritty and the terrible behaviour of certain people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 12:32pm
Sorry, I don't know why that formatting happened LOL

Well I finally managed to get the gist of it posted after 25 bloody minutes Angry
Agreed, shocking format to paste so went para by para then the 2nd last effort =ed Internal Error Angry
Finally tried 'paste in plain text' (never used before LOL) for success - yay Big smile

Edited by Gay3 - 06 May 2023 at 12:50pm
Time is a flat circle
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 7:40pm
If only Brudder, if only!
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 4:03pm
How can organization that is supposed to be clean in the public eyes not want to address these charges brought against them?

Hiding behind the veneer of a NDA is not good? If its that bad they need to step down (without a golden parachute)

Someone needs to blow the whistle and open this up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 3:39pm
What a weight that must have been lifted off her shoulders. It was never about money but i hope she took em to the cleaners
Time is a flat circle
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 11:14am
Hiding behind their money and NDAs. I’m glad she can move on and heal but disappointed that there will be no change in how thede bullies operate for all the other participants 
to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 8:45am
I see Kate has signed a non-disclosure re her case, a financial settlement obviously, as sad as I am that we don't get to see Saundry and the bullies at RVL dragged out into the open and condemned loudly re their behaviour.

According to Brian Martin via Twitter, ''this aint over'' I have no idea what he means by that tweet but I'm sure both he and Bruce Clark who have fought wonderfully for Kate will do whatever they can to ''out'' those who nearly drove Kate to self harm.

Good onya Kate, I hope in some way you can move on and the financial settlement assists in that, you're a bloody champion, up there with Winx and the Diva!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:25pm
I hope she does them slowly and painfully....
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:24pm
Oh what a bloody shame it couldn't have been live-streamed.....choc top, popcorn, woulda luvved it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:06pm
TimeCase numberLocationMatterHearing
10:00 AMS ECI 2019 03486Court 6, First Floor 210 William Street, Melb.Kate Goodrich v. Kilmore Racing Club Incorporated & Ors.Trial
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:05pm
After 10 LONG years Kate finally gets her day in court today in the Supreme Court of Victoria 
Time is a flat circle
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 7:56pm
Congrats Kate!.....I hope that flea Bernard Saundry took notice.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 7:00pm
Fantastic. Well done KateSmile
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 6:58pm
Great result! Hope she backed it too Wink
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 6:40pm
The highlight of the day for me is Kate winning race 5 at Geelong Clap Clap Clap

Hard Spun (USA) x Littlemissattitude
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 9:53pm
Thanks & well done TJ, I opted out at all the pics to be negotiated for the copy/paste Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 8:53pm
https://www.racenet.com.au/news/kate-goodrich-has-had-long-running-battles-with-officialdom-but-at-the-end-of-the-day-its-all-about-the-horses-20220214

The irony is probably not lost on race horse trainer Kate Goodrich that her last winner (that’s March 2020 at Wodonga) is called Too Hard To Handle.

It’s been the only horse she has had run in the last two years; it ran last week too (finishing sixth at Ararat).

Before that there was Too Dark To See, before that Turf Wars, before that Isa Realist and The Poison Tree.

No, this isn’t a conspiracy theory, but as Racing Victoria strives to bring long running cobalt cases to heed, it settles in for another expensive Supreme Court stoush with the girl who won’t go away in Kate Goodrich.

So Goodrich will have her day in court, well she has already had plenty of them, from failed mediations, to the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board Tribunal (so long ago it’s now disbanded) to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) to the Supreme Court, to the Court of Appeal and now following a ruling last week – back to the Supreme Court for discovery, mediation with a directions hearing listed for May 27.

And you can throw in trips to Victoria’s racing Independent Integrity commissioner Sal Perna (past) and Sean Carroll (present).

But this is not a story about the legal positions on the young trainer who was found by an independent commission (FBIS) to have been bullied and threatened and a decision to dismiss her from training at Kilmore back in 2013 as flawed and unjustified.

There have been show cause notices and refusal of nominations along that journey since. The Supreme Court is well placed to serve the justice that Goodrich desires.

This is a story about the young girl who dreamt of horses and becoming a trainer and ended up on the verge of ending it all.

You can call Goodrich tough, you can call her a dogged litigant. But neither fully explains Kate Goodrich.

Why should you even be reading about a person in a sport that craves success and stories of the big stars, while nodding to diversity, welfare and inclusiveness. She has trained four winners in five years, only 45 in her career. She’d rather have you not reading about it either, but that she has got this far is a story in itself.

“All I wanted to do was be with horses, but I don’t know how many times through all this that I thought I was done,” she said.

“Yes, I have had suicidal thoughts, many times that I felt I couldn’t keep going. The medication has probably kept me alive, it’s kept me putting on weight that’s one thing, but it shouldn’t be about that.

“There have been days I just couldn’t get out of bed, sure there might be people who don’t like me but they don’t know me, this is all just bullgelati what I have been through and no one should go through that. But then I have had messages of support from people from all over the world.

“When I read things, it’s like a knife twisting in your heart, it’s just re-hurting you. Sometimes I just don’t know, I have been so f..ked, mentally f..ked, I have been so spent, you don’t know what they are capable of and the smallest things trigger thoughts and I am back to where I started, the lowest points.

“Sometimes life has been too hard and it’s impossible to deal with the pain, you dread every day, no one will ever know what it’s like, you feel dead, and you wonder how you get passed that and reprogram the brain.

“I don’t know if I ever will be the person I was. But riding horses again has been so good for me, I’m trying to be better and they have made me better. I know I just could never keep going without them, or having to end it for them either.”

For Goodrich it is simply about accountability. Mediation came with financial offers to go away but with strings attached to shut up. This is the female version of David v Goliath. But Kate keeps on going, even with her Dennis Denuto like team (and that’s no disrespect to her brilliant lawyer Ragu Appudurai, just a scene setter for you) as she takes on an army of industry supported QC’s like Paul Holdensen, who represented the likes of Novak Djokovic recently.

But more so it is about the horses she misses. The girl who as a toddler would ask her parents to pull the car over if they ever drove past a horse in a paddock. She just wanted to pat it.

The girl who saved up her Christmas and birthday money to buy a pony and then needed to get mum and dad to buy a property that wasn’t the old suburban plot, but land that could keep the horses. They did.

“They weren’t horse people, my grandad was an SP bookie, he’d punt like a mad man (I thought that’s what his clients did), and he’d take me to the races, mostly jumps races, I just love them.”

So there was a Welsh mountain pony – “it was as mad as a hatter” – when she was five, it was barred from riding school when he climbed a tennis court fence at school and needed to be retrained. It lived, loved, until 30.

“I loved competing, I was competing from as young as I can remember, all sorts of horses, I was a pretty good rider back in my day.

She was rehoming horses before rehoming was an industry focus when just 13.

She learned from two-time Olympic champion Gillian Rolton and proudly has ridden Gillian’s Olympic champion Peppermint Grove, remember the horse she won gold on with a broken collarbone.

But Kate goes back to her early favourites like Lwana – her first off the tracker – it was three, Goodrich was 13 and they ended up open eyed at the Hurstbridge Pony Club finding out what came next.

Or the grey Cassie, who gave Goodrich a broken back, not Cassie’s fault she says, or another problem horse like Presto, who even her father, a builder by trade, would learn to ride on.

Being involved as an equestrian required a lot of money, the Goodrich family didn’t have that.

But the horses led her to experience with local trainer Lee Hope before the proudest day in her life – telling her parents she was a licensed racehorse trainer. That was 2002, the first winner took some time, 2007 Strikin’ Rich at Kilmore but for Goodrich it has always been about the horses.

On the track, and they are all family favourites who stay in the family, the best will be “Socksie”, Signor Socks who won eight races and over $220,000, sure, hardly an icon of the racing turf, but everything is relative.

Or its older half-sister Isa Halo is a better story perhaps, and punters love these stories.

It’s a Friday night at The Valley in 2008, Isa Halo is first-up.

“We had no money, but she was flying, we had a $50 quaddie,” she said.

Their Kilmore mate and clerk of the course Bobby Challis had Doosra Diamond in the first leg. A 3000m race, one out, fell in by an inch.

Load up the second leg with seven and Anyways in a 1500m slog for Shane Nichols wins at $15, beating a $100 shot she didn’t have. Still alive!

Only two in the third leg, and yes Crabs wins for Craig Williams at $4 in another tight finish.

Isa Halo is $41 one out in the last, Dean Yendall up, lasts by an inch and happy days.

“It paid $11862 (still remembers that) and we had it seven times for our $50 bet (that was when it was a 50 cent divvie). We got around $20,000 in cash and the rest as a cheque.”

“It was scary. It wasn’t even the money, we needed it, it was that we pulled it off for $50.”

Part of that $50 bank was her long-term partner, former AFL footballer Jon Hassall, a 50-game player with Collingwood and 44 with Hawthorn.

“I was working as a waitress in a restaurant in Kangaroo Ground in my late 20s when I met Jon. I never wanted to get married, I never wanted to have kids, I never thought I’d be good at that, I had my horses and Jon.”

And she still has her horses and Jon, and her dreams of better days ahead. And a day in court that gives her those better days.

Time is a flat circle
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 9:39am
Kate and Karen we wish all the best, if only the mainstream media would take up the story, certain people in high places might get a tad nervous, female jockeys have rightfully attained the success they deserve and the media coverage that goes with it, however there are so many left behind and suffer from endemic bullying, it's bloody sickening, and the blokes that do it, usually, little pale, stale males with weak character!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 10:09pm
It seems these bullying tactics exist everywhere - still Angry

Kate Goodrich shared a memory.

After Kilmore did not undertake the independent investigation they had promised me, it took another 12 months or so for RV to do so, these were some of the findings but they chose to keep the rest of the 100+ page investigation confidential & do nothing about any of it.
6.? FINDINGS
6.1 ?Summary of findings
6.1.1? In the context of the definition referenced by the Fairwork Australia Ombudsman, it is the opinion of FBIS that the allegations of bullying and threatening behaviour, raised by Goodrich, are sustained.
6.1.2? FBIS also considers that the basis for the suspension of Goodrich by the Kilmore Racing Club was flawed, unjustifiable and does not withstand scrutiny
6.1.3? In support of these findings FBIS provides the following details for consideration.
6.2? Findings Allegations of Bullying and Threatening Behaviour
6.2.1? It is the opinion of FBIS that the treatment of Goodrich was consistent with that described in the definition referenced by the Fairwork Australian Ombudsman. Specifically, that a person or group of people acted unreasonably, repeatedly, and engaged in victimising, humiliating, intimidating, or threatening another.
I was however allowed to read the entire report at RVs lawyers offices in the Rialto building, but not allowed to talk to anyone about any of its contents.
So here we are so many years later in the Supreme Court.
Kilmore Racing Club members voted confidence in the current Board. Looking forward to the Independant investigation that this Board agreed to starting now this steps done.

• Karen Fox
    Wow Kate you are so game. When we moved to Tamworth NSW we found a parallel universe ruled by a crooked head steward. When I tried to do something about the dangerous training tracks I got hounded, court martialled in Sydney by the past & now RNSW Head Stewards, given a fine & a gag order plus barred by the raceclub from using the tracks - no reason given.
    I never broke or was convicted of breaking any rule of racing. We continued to train by driving our horses one hour away to gallop them. Gave up under persistent bullying & when my family was more important & the drought would not allow us to train from our own property.
    The local steward was finally caught, recently by a local trainer who called Detectives & showed them this misdeed on camera. He resigned & will never be brought to justice for the corruption & damage he & RNSW have had on the lives, health and families affected. Not to mention the number of honest participants eliminated from the Industry. - among the 25% lost in NSW in the last 8 years.
    Kate Goodrich
    OMG Karen I had no idea youd gone through all that & the common denominator here is a female trainer speaking out about safety issues & being targeted with retribution for doing so.
    I wish I could say I was surprised by what youve experienced but sadly Im just not, its happening way too much in this industry ??
    Karen Fox
    Kate Goodrich We had not had any serious problems in Vic - yes some silly rules & track issues that I stood up for but nothing compared to here - when I say dangerous try sinkholes - that you couldn't always see in the gallop track, broken wooden running rails & rocks plus bits of concrete at the bottom of holes you could put your boot down to your ankle in - training grass at the winning post - just where the horse would be at full stretch!
    My problem was I took photos of all this so I had to be scared off. I still have the photos. Told everyone from the Premier to the Racing Minister & Opposition. V'landys has legislated to make himself the sole power so that nobody has any jurisdiction over him - even ICAC!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 1:57pm
Haha. First Kate then Pete lol
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 12:16pm
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 11:43am
That place needs a clean out from the top down. All they do is pretend they're for women in racing, anti bullying... but really they're the most backwards organisation. Wait for them to start molesting trainers for struggling during covid.
to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:33am
Not to mention some of them bolting overseas, now what happens when Kate starts legal action? whoopy doo, would love to have a hidden mic in their abodes.
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 11:21pm
Fantastic result, hope RV and certain individuals are sued and kate receives a huge payout like she deserves. Absolute rabble of an administration the way they handled this. Boys club banding together, utter disgrace
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 1:20pm
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:30am
We all know why Peter Moody walked away. Maybe they should continue the investigation now and hand out a punishment before his first runner.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

I can't wait to see if Kate goes further with legal action, once her damages action is decided she might just enact civil court actions against several persons, the bullying Kate received was disgusting and a person of lessor cerebral strength may well have self harmed, thank God Kate stayed strong and I just hope there are some very nervous people on obscene salaries kacking their pants right now. Isn't it funny that the media have now become interested? They were missing in action when Kate needed help and support.......

Bullying seems to be accepted by the industry. Jobs for the boys, shoot the messenger and drive the whistleblowers out of the game.
But if you are in the inner sanctum, you are privy to when it’s clear to break the rules and when to slow up a bit. As long as the authorities are seen to be catching a few little fish, the big fish have free rein.
One Melbourne trainer recently went from dozens of winners in eight months to almost none the next four, after Vic race club Chairman warned him he was off. Benefits of training for the big boys.
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>