Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Lloyd Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Still can’t see the exact rule he is breaking

God almighty, he's admitted he's the head trainer!......therefore under the rules of racing he requires a licence....oh, hang on...it's Lloyd, nah, she'll be right......

I'm sure the silks could dissolve that "gotcha" without much trouble.
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

If my trainer clicks his heels when I arrive to inspect my steed, all the better ! Let's face it, trainers with 100+ in work are not training them, they are delegating others to do so, and those others don't need a trainers licence.

But they are responsible and accountable to any issues that may arise.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:22pm
Fort he record once more, I don't care, just don't tell everyone there is nothing he's doing wrong, or that people who think he is doing the wrong thing are just jealous.
Sunline...simply supreme
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by anabel anabel wrote:

If my trainer clicks his heels when I arrive to inspect my steed, all the better ! Let's face it, trainers with 100+ in work are not training them, they are delegating others to do so, and those others don't need a trainers licence.

You mean the "named" trainer ? Of course, that does not change.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:31pm
It should though in the context that the named trainer is executing on someone else's blueprint and decision. That's why Execs are personally liable in a business setting, not their staff.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:40pm
The trainer and owner presumably arrive at a mutually acceptable arrangement.
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:40pm

Yes that's what I mean, no matter how many foremen are running the show, the buck still stops with the head trainer - which is the difference from the Lloyd situation.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:52pm

Yes that's what I mean, no matter how many foremen are running the show, the buck still stops with the head trainer - which is the difference from the Lloyd situation.

It is a matter for any trainer to accept or decline the conditions any owner places on his training of that owner's horses. I'm sure we've all seen the signs in mechanics workshop etc, about their hourly rate, say $50 an hour, customer watches, $70 an hour, customer helps, $100 an hour. It is all a matter of coming to a mutual agreement between trainer and owner.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

This is hilarious,
Keep up the keyboard attack, Lloyd doesn’t care what you think either

i wish i could see the world through lloyds rose colored glasses.

they are in fact rose colored...🌹
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:56pm
i would begrudgingly agree to the pro lloyd stance here (in relation to the debate, not lloyd himself) if he didnt publically announce he was in fact the trainer.

once he made that announcement, different ball game.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 2:43pm
Cabo, you could publicly announce yourself a mass murderer, but I guarantee the police would not be around to make further enquiries. Even the van with the men in white coats, wouldn't show up.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 2:55pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the case of wrongdoing e.g. giving a horse banned substances, the stewards are able to take action against non-licensed persons if they are deemed culpable. 
arthur View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 3:28pm
I think it is all quite funny considering Lloyd came out last week and questioned integrity of Victorian Racing, when it has been going on at his stables for years. 

The rule is clear if you are training the horses, you need to be deemed competent but also to accept the care of the horses. 

As evidenced in the Maher/Connolly/Karakatasinis matters, it is down to prevent an external influences over the stable and ensure someone is able to be held to account for any integrity issues. 

If a horse was to have a positive out of their stable, Lloyd has set up in a way where he would not be the fall guy. 

Racing also set up competencies across the board to ensure a level of standard in response to people feeling the industry was unregulated. Previously you did not have to show any form of study or accrediation to be a stable hand but even that is now regulated. 

If the stewards are genuine he should be penalised. 

Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by arthur arthur wrote:

If the stewards are genuine he should be penalised. 

What sort of penalty can they imposed and on what grounds? 

If his operation is set up in full compliance then they would need a bit more than an old guy on the radio saying "I'm the trainer" to make anything stick. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 3:54pm

Cabo, you could publicly announce yourself a mass murderer, but I guarantee the police would not be around to make further enquiries. Even the van with the men in white coats, wouldn't show up.

yes they could...public nuisance.

in lloyds case - it should be misleading stewards or deception.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 4:40pm

In Victoria you mean.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:24pm
imagine from now onwards... if lloyds horse fails a drug test and the "trainer" gets a ban. but that trainer isnt lloyd

completely farcical.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

imagine from now onwards... if lloyds horse fails a drug test and the "trainer" gets a ban. but that trainer isnt lloyd

completely farcical.

Doubt they’d publicise any Lloyd positives
to the victor
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:44pm

completely farcical.

Do you believe Lloyd is doping his horses?
Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:45pm
I find all this who-ha a little stranger personally... Everyone I know when talking about Waller or Weir say Team Waller or Team Weir. I don't think I've every heard Team Hickmott previously, I know plenty who refer to lloyds horses as Team Williams.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think any racing folk would have been shocked that Lloyd runs the show.
The Mugg
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:46pm

completely farcical.

The nominated trainer takes the risk no matter who is around his horses, does he not ?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:53pm
Fear not forum it’s, RVs intrepid integrity team has been dispatched to Macedon Lodge forthwith to get to the bottom of this....wonder what they think they’ll find

https://www.racing.com/news/2017-11-20/rv-to-revisit-williams-set-up
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Fear not forum it’s, RVs intrepid integrity team has been dispatched to Macedon Lodge forthwith to get to the bottom of this....wonder what they think they’ll find

Lots of horse gelati
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Lots of horse gelati

Something has to attract the allotted number of flies you can have.

( Barts famous one liner )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 7:36pm

completely farcical.

The nominated trainer takes the risk no matter who is around his horses, does he not ?

we cant pretend lloyd didnt tell the world he is the trainer. anyone else is a foreman or stablehand.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 7:44pm
If I put an index finger in each ear, and stand on one leg, I find that I can easily pretend Lloyd didn't say anything incriminating.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:37pm
He is arrogant and over bearing, Big smile and that son needs a good hair cut Cool.  I am sure he could afford one so why doesnt he just go get one ??
Yeah, I know he is rich, so he can please himself.   But gee he gets a bit old after awhile.

animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:04am

No integrity at all, that's what they'll find.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:11am
If they, RV, that is, has integrity,....oh and transparency, and good governance, then they should suspend the Macedon Lodge operation immediately. An inquiry into Lloyd's comment should follow and then a decision as to the future of that operation. When an owner steps up and says, '' I tell them what feed to feed and to who, and what work to give the horses'' then he is the trainer, and that's a whole pandora's box.......but it has to be done...and quickly as Lloyd and the stewards have brought racing into disrepute.
Overseer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:36am
I am told Lloyd was not present at Macedon Lodge at any stage last year when Almandin won the Cup. He did, however, instruct and oversee this years Cup preparations on site.

Can anyone confirm that?
Watch the commission go on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>