Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Lloyd Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

I have no idea how after many, many posts you still haven't understood what I don't like about it.

This is really my last post on it because it just gets worse and worse.

All I can see is opinion, no facts.

the simple fact is for the hundreth time he is an unlicensed horse trainer
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

I have no idea how after many, many posts you still haven't understood what I don't like about it.

But he’s not.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:37pm
Looks clear as crystal to me .
-------------------
Copy?paste
Lloyd Williams takes responsibility as the boss at Macedon, but not as the trainer
By Chris Roots
Updated19 November 2017 -

Everyone knows that owner Lloyd Williams is the boss at Macedon Lodge and everyone knows that he likes to have a trainer in place to fulfil the raceday roles. But that doesn't mean that Williams is not responsible for his horses under the rules of racing.

Williams' exact role is being talked about again

The Trainer at Macedon Lodge is licenced by Racing Victoria's licensing committee. The training set-up at Macedon Lodge is not dissimilar to how things work at Godolphin. During the stewards' inquiry into the strangles case earlier , it became clear that then trainer John O'Shea was an employee of Godolphin and not the prime decision-maker. He and then Australian general manager Henry Plumptre were eventually fined by stewards for their roles in not reporting a suspected case of strangles.

For any breach of the rules, the trainer has a responsibility to answer the questions from the stewards and is the starting point of any investigation. But the stewards will also consider how decisions are made at a certain stable, as was shown during the strangles inquiry.

The same logic would apply to Macedon Lodge, which means Williams would have to front the stewards if there was ever a breach of the rules.

Williams left no illusions as to who was in charge of his operation on the Big Sports Breakfast , even going as far as to say the trainer issue had been cleared up more than 20 years ago.

"You're talking to the head trainer here," Williams said. "There has always been a lot of controversy as to who trains the horses hasn't there?

"The blueprint emanates right here. I'm chairman and chief executive, I decide how the horses will work and how we will feed them and all those sorts of things. I have people up there who execute it, that is what happens."

Williams, however, made it clear that his new trainer would also be hands on.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:04am
I have just gone through the 3 categories of trainers in Vic., A, general, restricted, no sign of his name on any list lol it's a title he has given himself, so until he gets the official paper work and badge in his hand he is not the trainer,...baseball bat please, I'm ready lol.
But if you read that bit of nothingness in the story above the first line says it all.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I have just gone through the 3 categories of trainers in Vic., A, general, restricted, no sign of his name on any list lol it's a title he has given himself, so until he gets the official paper work and badge in his hand he is not the trainer,...baseball bat please, I'm ready lol.
But if you read that bit of nothingness in the story above the first line says it all.

It isn't "nothingness" , it is clear he employs staff, including a Registered trainer to follow his instructions.    . The responsibility of adhering to the rules would be determined by stewards as he clearly states.
   If it wasn't within the rules of racing it wouldn't be happening.
Lloyd doesn't need a Trainer's License , He is paying for one to fulfill that role, under his instruction.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

But he’s not.
Ah, but he says he is, now lying to stewards is a very serious offence Khan.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 7:06am
Bonjour :-    Tongue in cheek you are .     

The man has horses with numerous Trainers .    His own establishment has a choice .        . He employs a Registered Trainer for the organising of daily Stable functions,    Qualified and Registered to function within the strict Rules of training. Organising and supervising staff and facilitating training under the instruction of his employer Mr Williams.
Lloyd Williams does pay the bills ,   Owns the establishment and the Livestock.        . Is he not entitled to be termed the Boss.
He doesn't even allow his Stable staff to speak to media on his behalf , Is he displeasing people over that too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

But he’s not.

Ah, but he says he is, now lying to stewards is a very serious offence Khan.

No he didn’t.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:05am
lol

FOOLS .   Common sense tells us that what Lloyd does is common practice around the World .
     No debate necessary ..    He will continue for however long he wishes.
I do the same at home .     My Trainer has the kids , feeds them and administers all household duties.   Cuts the lawns and prepares all meals .        But I'm the Boss ----     or was until she reads this.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:11am
Ha,ha,   you are a character Max , but a good fellow.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:36am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The man has horses with numerous Trainers .    His own establishment has a choice .        . He employs a Registered Trainer for the organising of daily Stable functions,    Qualified and Registered to function within the strict Rules of training. Organising and supervising staff and facilitating training under the instruction of his employer Mr Williams.
Lloyd Williams does pay the bills ,   Owns the establishment and the Livestock.        . Is he not entitled to be termed the Boss.
He doesn't even allow his Stable staff to speak to media on his behalf , Is he displeasing people over that too.
Max his trainer is licensed, not registered, there is a vast difference, if you have ever been licensed you would understand the stringent conditions placed on us.......Lloyd by his very admission is a trainer, therefore he is breach of the rules of racing as he is not licensed by the appropriate body.....if he is not sanctioned/fined.whatever then RV are in breach of their own governance ordinance. 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:37am

lol

FOOLS .   Common sense tells us that what Lloyd does is common practice around the World .
     No debate necessary ..    He will continue for however long he wishes.
I do the same at home .     My Trainer has the kids , feeds them and administers all household duties.   Cuts the lawns and prepares all meals .        But I'm the Boss ----     or was until she reads this.
Priceless!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Max his trainer is licensed, not registered, there is a vast difference, if you have ever been licensed you would understand the stringent conditions placed on us.......Lloyd by his very admission is a trainer, therefore he is breach of the rules of racing as he is not licensed by the appropriate body.....if he is not sanctioned/fined.whatever then RV are in breach of their own governance ordinance. 

You have your facts wrong
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 11:09am
You obviously do not have a license to train Khan.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 11:54am
As a matter of fact I do have a trainers license.
Your facts are Wrong in regards to Lloyd calling himself a 'trainer'
That is not what was said.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 11:55am
Why are we still banging on about this?
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:08pm
LOL. I recall the faxes of instructions that Lloyd used to send one of his trainers years ago. Said fax included feeding and work instructions. Those faxes made a trip to the bin as soon as they arrived every day. Lloyd paid the bills but he sure didn't tell that trainer what to do. Needless to say the relationship concluded in spite of considerable success on the trainers part. 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 4:30pm

How's that? head trainer he said, or was he misquoted? go and read the conditions on your license Khan, you must have a vastly different one to mine.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 6:47pm

What did he say then?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

What did he say then?

Is this what he said?
"

“You’re talking to the head trainer here,” Williams insisted.

“There has always been a lot of controversy as to who trains the horses hasn’t there?

“The blueprint emanates right here, I’m chairman and chief executive, I decide how the horses will work and how we will feed them and all those sorts of things and I have people up there who execute it, that is what happens.”

Quizzed why his name wasn’t listed as the official trainer then, Lloyd replied.

“I don’t want to be the trainer, do I?

" I decide how the horses will work and how we will feed them and all those sorts of things"

that certainly fits the description of a trainer

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:11am
What he said!....and I'm outa here.....no more on this for me, it's doing my head in =Ciao.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:19am

What did he say then?

Is this what he said?
"

“There has always been a lot of controversy as to who trains the horses hasn’t there?

“The blueprint emanates right here, I’m chairman and chief executive, I decide how the horses will work and how we will feed them and all those sorts of things and I have people up there who execute it, that is what happens.”

" I decide how the horses will work and how we will feed them and all those sorts of things"

that certainly fits the description of a trainer

If he is doing all that , why is he bothering, if he doesnt want to be trainer ?Confused
He either does, or doesnt ?  
If he doesnt,  F off and dont interfere . If he does, get a trainers licence ?
Simples Big smile
animals before people.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:37am
This is hurting my eyes
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:58am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

What did he say then?

Is this what he said?
"

“The blueprint
emanates right here, I’m chairman and chief executive, I decide how the
horses will work and how we will feed them and all those sorts of things
and I have people up there who execute it, that is what happens.”

" I decide how the
horses will work and how we will feed them and all those sorts of things"

[COLOR=#FF0000]that certainly fits the description of a trainer

If he is doing all that , why is he bothering, if he doesnt want to be trainer ?Confused
He either does, or doesnt ?  
If he doesnt,  F off and dont interfere . If he does, get a trainers licence ?
Simples Big smile

Maybe he enjoys making the plan but not enacting it and in his mind the registered trainer is the guy who enacts the plans?
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 7:37am
At the end of the day, the stewards and Integrity department won’t do a thing even if there is evidence he is trainer or breaching the rules of racing.. RV will never ‘investigate’ Lloyd EOS.... Particularly after his multiple cheerleading pages he took out in the HS after the Chief Stewards (yet to be resolved) shooting all those years ago.. maybe Lloyd with his power and influence could help Bailey with this unsolved mystery that he and the police seem to have forgotten about?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

Ha,ha,   you are a character Max , but a good fellow.

I missed your post earlier.     . Great to see you firing on all fours .   Thank U for the kind words .
Drop over to our place anytime ,   You have my address.

C/O Joffs TBV
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:40pm
Why doesn’t Nick have a trainers license?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:41pm
Why doesn’t Almandin have a trainers license?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 3:29pm
Liam Howley officially became Lloyd Williams' private trainer on Friday after Racing Victoria announced it was comfortable with the training arrangements at the millionaire owner's Mt Macedon property.

Chief executive Giles Thompson earlier this week announced that RV would 'revisit' the training regime after claims on radio from Williams that he was in fact the trainer of the team.

But on Friday RV declared: RV Stewards remain comfortably satisfied that Mr Williams is continuing to operate in the role of an Executive Chairman of Hudson Conway Racing and that Mr Howley, as general trainer, will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all horses in training at Macedon Lodge - Hudson Conway Racing's private training property."

Howley takes over the reins immediately from Robert Hickmott, who is leaving Mt Macedon after nine years as a head trainer.

Williams was inducted into racing's Hall Of Fame last year and earlier this month won his sixth Melbourne Cup as an owner when the Irish horse Rekindling nosed out his stablemate Johannes Vermeer.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:45pm
Xavier :-      Can't be more clear than that.   THE END.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>