Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Anything

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anything
    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:42pm

Ladies in Racing: 2018-08-01 - Bernie Cooper ... - PressReader

Aug 1, 2018 - A loving mother and down to earth home juggler, she lives in Brisbane with her partner Michael Hood and their 11-year-old daughter, Stella.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:41pm

Trotting driver Kim Moore and jockey Michael Hood getting in ...

Nov 19, 1980 - Trotting driver Kim Moore and jockey Michael Hood getting in some practice for the big event.Australia's top country Rock Band "Grand ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:40pm
last post....now Kim Waugh

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:39pm
May 22, 1985 - Injured jockey 27 year old Michael Hood helps his Trotting trainer Wike Kim 23 with the daily chores around their Rosehill Stables.

( wike is wife )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:37pm

Apprentice jockey Michael Poy following in dad Michael ...

Jun 13, 2019 - Apprentice Michael Poy is the son of former champion jockey Michael ... Hood's in Sydney which included her uncle famous trainer Mick Hood.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 5:32pm
Just watched an episode of TUCKER on the FOX NEWS CHANNEL 606.

Elections happening. 

One for COMMONWEALTH ATTORNEY or something.

The weird thing is that they put up a giant pic of our JOHN FAHEY.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fahey_(politician)

Should have been this man

and 

MIRANDA DEVINE...knock me over with a feather...talking recently on FOX about the CALIFORNIA fires.

She is an AMERICAN citizen (by birth) and works for the NY POST now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:57am
Aust in England   June 2018

English to Nathan Lyon...."got any sandpaper in your pockets ?"

Lyon reply...."No,I've got the Ashes"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:16am
Image result for photo hp sauce
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:15am
THINK TANK   ABC tonight....

HP SAUCE

I learnt that the HP of HP SAUCE means  "HOUSES PARLIAMENT"....check the bottle...the image is there

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:39pm
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:36am

Rodeo rider Jeremiah Day gets crushed by 650kg bull and walks away to ride next day

Updated 23 Apr 2018, 5:38pmhttp://

www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-23/nullarbor-rodeo-rider-gets-crushed-by-650kg-bull-and-walks-away/9685454

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-23/rider-pinned-against-steel-fence-by-a-rampaging-bull/9686860

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 9:49am
(GAI WATERHOUSE trained WANDJINA,an entire )

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 9:46am
A red blossom is placed in the wound because the penis is to be as red as possible on the inside. After the young man has been initiated in this way he is allowed to make stone spearheads. The Wandjina cast the first bolt of lightning by splitting open his penis and in this way was able to discharge fire and lightning from it. The Wandjina created fire by turning the red inside of his split penis outwards so that fire could come out. The Wandjina can direct lightning by taking his penis in his hand and with his club show the lightning the direction it is to take.

In this way he can strike his enemies with lightning or shatter trees to get firewood for himself. I have often observed the aboriginals in thunderstorms trying to follow the Wandjina's example of directing flashes of lightning, and no amount of failure was able to shake their belief. The aborigines decorate their spear-throwers with a yellow serpent to represent lightning.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 9:46am
(NORTH WEST AUSTRALIA)

A very important event in the life of a young male Aboriginal is the initiation ceremony which makes him an adult man, and is performed at the first signs of puberty. These initiation ceremonies consist of circumcision and the incision of scars on his chest, shoulders, arms and buttocks. The wounds are filled with sand in order to produce larger scars. In the case of a young girl the initiation ceremony happens at the onset of the first menstruation, when scars are incised on their buttocks. She is then deflowered by members of her own marriage class, after which she can cohabit with all young men who are classed as possible husbands.

For the young man circumcision is followed by subincision when his beard starts to grow. The young man is seated on rock while his penis is split open with a stone knife along its full length on the underside. The penis, once split open, is pressed flat against the rock on which the young man is sitting. The Aboriginals explained that this is done in order to make it “lighter and more beautiful".
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

They were the crappiest padlocks I have ever seen.  Thumbs Down

I agree BUT with extension leverage on those spanners something would have to give on any padlock.
Bolt Cutters in the modern day will cut any padlock / chain I've seen.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 4:00pm
They were the crappiest padlocks I have ever seen.  Thumbs Down
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:57pm
Sure is easy ...     These days with battery operated cutting tools NO door is hard to enter.
They keep kids and honest people out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:35pm
Could not believe how easy this was...breaking locks

How to open a lock with a nut wrench - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJP0CcuJyE
Feb 28, 2016 - Uploaded by MrGear
Hi, there, my friends, in this video I am going to show you an unusual idea to forceopen a check-lock if you ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 11:52am
Hot Sauce View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:23pm

I just drew a blank

Big smile
the devil made me do it
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 1:26am
I remember the runners , coming to Auntie,s house to collect bets. This in Tempe in Sydney.
I can go further back, and see my Grandad with his ear crammed next to a radio, trying to hear the races , or cricket. 
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 12:41am
Carioca ..      Great days ,    We had all the SP joints and the doubles Books .    5 quid for 2 bob.
  I got a lot of "skinners" .
 Hard to hear the results in Country areas ( for hours sometimes ).       Broadcasts weren't allowed .    The pirates like Ken Howard called from Units off course .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 10:53pm
And here's a blast from the past AA, ..good old Aunty yes the ABC, every Thursday afternoon smack on 2 pm,..acceptances for Saturday and barrier draw, as we all had to start work at 2-30 pm we all knew what lay ahead for the week end. Friday a bloke would come around with a doubles chart,
wanting staff to take doubles( getting staff to drop their guard) as the mail was it was run by a top ex jock,..bit of fruit for the sideboard.
some did ,some didn't , that's life!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:00am
Radio show I loved listening to when I was very young,..It was called The Stamina Hour,.race caller Ken Howard in front of a live radio audience,
they gave him horses names and he had to tell the audience what race colours they wore,I those days there were only a certain amount of colours
you could choose from when registering.Had a brilliant memory not many got paste him,I loved it...Stamina Trousers anyone remember them.?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:00am
Yeah. Just a shame other owners dont twig the same.
And treat the horse accordingly.

animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:48am
As you know they are very intelligent and you would know by being around him that would be so .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:01am
Ermm    keep it up.  
keep this thing alive.
if its possible.
lets get back to good horses,,,,and your stories Thumbs Up
can I tell about my good mountain horse ?
he knew when he was on old yards, and where the wire was.  
and if he got wire around his leg,  he just stood.  

animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 1:28pm
I think there was a hurdler called Good Friday, and he fell in a hurdle race on Saturday .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 1:20pm
No, I dont !  Tell me Big smile
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 12:51am
Hey AA ,do you know when Good Friday fell on Saturday ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>