Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

How I lost faith in religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How I lost faith in religion
    Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 11:48am
I was born an Anglican and as you all know it is a rather lazy religion.

As a child I always respected the CATHOLICS. They seemed so holy and if I married a Catholic I would have happily converted.

I can't believe the blind faith still shown today.

Catholics can't use condoms,have sexual feelings for extended others yet those that preach are so unreliably trusted now.

Do the priests use condoms when they prey on the little?

The Catholics today and other religions have become a base for easy income and sexual deviants.

MONEY AND SEX AND POWER

I keep wondering if GOD truly existed would he allow leaders within a CHURCH abuse children.

.................and that it why I've lost my faith.

I will plod along as best as I can and avoid the potential paedophiles.

I don't hold religious leaders in high regard. 

As dirty a name as telling somebody you did make a living out of gambling.

Last night on ABC they stated the Royal Commission will have cases for Catholic Leader indiscretions six times more than all the the other religions put together.

jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 12:08pm
I lost it when the priest backhanded me for throwing the basketball the wrong way.  Called me stupid, which is probably true, but I had never played the game before.  
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 12:18pm
Red Hunter, its okay to lose faith in a Pope, or a Priest. They are merely men, dressed up in a uniform.
But dont lose faith in Jesus. Son of God.
And dont lose faith in God. He is almighty.
Keep your faith in God and the power of prayer.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

I am agnostic.

The fact or idea that she sits back and does nothing while evil prospers, if she does exist she can stick it where the sun does not shine in mere mortals.

Tell her to get of her ass and clean the place up.

She needs to prove herself.

reductio ad absurdum
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:35pm
Part of our greatest test, is to forgive evil and let love conquer.

"our enemies are throwing sticks, we shall throw back bread"
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:46pm

And the right wing religious fanatics are the first to condemn asylum seekers.
reductio ad absurdum
PeterG View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by jayzaa jayzaa wrote:

I lost it when the priest backhanded me for throwing the basketball the wrong way.  Called me stupid, which is probably true, but I had never played the game before.  
People like him jayzaa you couldn't even call merely men.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:04pm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:44pm

So you practice this yourself Brooke........just interested ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:09pm
love conquers all.Hug
just ask the hippies of my generation .Thumbs Up
love man !Big smile
didnt you practice free love then, oneonesit ????LOL
who needs priests if we do the right thing by all our fellow men and women ?
animals before people.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:18pm
god has been showed up not to be real, they can trace our dna millions of years ago, more people belive in karma an weight loss products then god, so come to the dark side red its a great place,like eatting meat on good friday,swearing nonstop,

or you could join AA an oneonesit god a tree Ying Yang
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
ElmuhWabbit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElmuhWabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:36pm
I have never lost faith in religion, I never had any. There is not one creditable piece of scientific evidence to support the theory of a God like being. That is correct, it is nought but a theory.

I on the other hand am real, who do you think provides all those choccy eggs once a year?Big smile

One day not so long ago I was building a new Warren for my thousands of kiddies when a bible basher fronted up, as they do. He starts right out with "Jesus was a carpenter", to which I swiftly replied "well he must have been a bloody union rep because he has not shown up on the job for over 2,000 years". Mr Basher left without another word.

Due to increased costs in egg making easter is cancelled.
Repent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 11:15pm
credible*
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 12:25am

Religion has done love a great service by making it a sin.

— Anatole France

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 1:35am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

love conquers all.Hug
just ask the hippies of my generation .Thumbs Up
love man !Big smile
didnt you practice free love then, oneonesit ????LOL
who needs priests if we do the right thing by all our fellow men and women ?
All for free love Acacia..........sure beats the hell out of paying for it ! I remember the old rock concert love ins..........Narrara was a beauty.....3 days i think......esp the mud wholes after the torrential rain........Billy Thorpe was there + many  , many more great old Aussie bands.........getting the grog into the joint in my Kombi was a task......security got the lot......then the sharks were circling selling the stuff in there for a fortune............nothing really changes !
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:20am
oneone...I recommend this movie,it's a smash.

24 Hour Party People(2002)

-  Biography | Comedy | Drama  - 20 March 2003 (Australia)
Your rating:
  -/10 
Ratings: 7.2/10 from 19,199 users   Metascore: 85/100 
Reviews: 120 user | 95 critic | 29 from Metacritic.com

In 1976, Tony Wilson sets up Factory Records and brings Manchester's music to the world.

Writer:

Frank Cottrell Boyce (screenplay)
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 4:46pm
He who truly seeks, shall find. True religion is not a dabble for dilettantes. It is a secret that simply cannot be revealed by any device, other than that of genuine, unselfish love. As the man said, "he that exaltheth himself shall be abased, but he who abaseth himself, shall be exalted" By intellect, never. As the great German mystic Meister Eckhart taught......" Do not imagine that your reason can grow to knowledge of God " The mere fact of existence is proof of God, as for "scientific proof", science has nothing at all to offer about this matter.........unless you count that poor wretch Hawking, who posits that the all consists of exact equal amounts of "positive" and "negative" energy, which cancel one another out, therefore "existence", er, doesn't exist ! In which case, I don't know why he bothers !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I am agnostic.

The fact or idea that she sits back and does nothing while evil prospers, if she does exist she can stick it where the sun does not shine in mere mortals.

Sounds like you want to be God, deeming what needs to be "cleaned up". It could just be this life is your chance to audition for the God role, with unfettered free will. If your will was limited, you'd be whining that God won't let you clean up the injustices of the world !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 5:56pm

Thanks for the recommendation RH.........will have a look........cheers !
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I am agnostic.

Sounds like you want to be God, deeming what needs to be "cleaned up". It could just be this life is your chance to audition for the God role, with unfettered free will. If your will was limited, you'd be whining that God won't let you clean up the injustices of the world !

That could well be true.

What is Gods (if she exists) motivation for the suffering of children and animals that have NO choices ?

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:34pm

It is impossible to imagine a world in which there is no suffering of creatures, except if there is no life at all. Pain and suffering and fear evolved as an impetus or spur, to move away from threatening situations, in the interests of preserving life. If we never felt pain, physical or psychological, or experienced fear, we would not be alive for long.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:53pm
you talk crap
HUSSLER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:54pm
After the 50th beating (not around the ring) by the Christian Brothers I lost interest
Repent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:57pm
LOL
Munga Rangi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munga Rangi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by HUSSLER HUSSLER wrote:

After the 50th beating (not around the ring) by the Christian Brothers I lost interest
I can fully understand why people are turned right off any sort of religious following.Especially in the Catholic Church.My father went to probably one of the most prestigious Catholic boys schools in Sydney. Of Irish Catholic stock, he had little say in it.He told me as an old man, that the Brothers at that school were terribly violent. He told me about a boy sitting next him in class who was caught talking in a lesson. He said the Brother backhanded the boy so hard that he broke the little boys jaw.
Awful stuff.... Then apart from that, there's the child abuse issue, we all know how big that is.
I hope this new Pope can set a better example than the ones previous.

Caveat emptor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

you talk crap
Thank you Big smile It isn't what you want to hear, no doubt. But this world where there is only joy, but no despair, where there is only gain, but never loss, is simply a repudiation of common sense, without heat there is no cold, without light there is no darkness, they are simply the two sides of the coin, and there are no coins with one side, you want to rid the world of suffering, you have also to rid of joy and pleasure, there is no way to abolish one without abolishing both.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:05pm
"Kill them all and let God sort them out" ........ sounds like your reckoning on life .......
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:05pm
and you still talk crap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:06pm
It is a failing of intelligence to associate the divine with the clergy, the priests may claim to represent God, but they cannot produce a letter of introduction. It is far better to cut out the middleman, imo.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:11pm
So you have a direct link ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>