Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian property crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

half hour

nah

what were the 10 reasons for going left afros?

31 minutes between posts Isaac, I just figured you made the first post and had that second one bouncing around inside your head for that 31 minutes between the two.

Why do I need 10 reasons for 'going left' and where do you assume I 'went left' from?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 4:54pm
Afros I don't really believe Isaac is a Really Rabid Rightard, however "Left" for a couple around here essentially means anyone slightly left of Genghis Khan.  Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

You see my hunch is based on the intellect you show in debating important subjects - which is sadly lacking unless it involves punting or sports, which you obviously have a keen interest in! ... based on that, I'm assuming that you have lost tens of thousands, or more (?) over the years, and probably owned a few slow ones as well, which gives you little time or inclination to become educated about investing ... close?

Well I rarely punt and if I do it is in small amounts, lets face it not many win on the punt, I'm happy to have a small punt at carnival time for an interest and I view it as entertainment not an investment.

Never been in a racehorse and never intend to, just something that doesn't interest me.

Well off the mark again dummy!

I have a hunch your claimed buisness success is a fable, people I know who have been successful at buisness don't generally have time to be posting on internet forums at 2am every morning.

So you don't punt, except an interest at carnivals, never been in a racehorse, and have no intention (no money?), yet hangs around Thoroughbred Racing forum just to give opinions on stuff that he knows nothing about ... then says that people who do that are not successful ...Embarrassed

You are the gift that keeps on giving Afros!LOLLOLLOL

FYI, my staff and the systems I have set up means my business virtually runs itself without me Afros ... every now and then I to do some overseeing, and I have to put in a few hours in here and there as I did last night, just to top up the cash flow ... surely you understand that Afros, you must be a successful self-employed entrepreneur yourself ... I can't imagine anyone giving you a job!Shocked
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

You see my hunch is based on the intellect you show in debating important subjects - which is sadly lacking unless it involves punting or sports, which you obviously have a keen interest in! ... based on that, I'm assuming that you have lost tens of thousands, or more (?) over the years, and probably owned a few slow ones as well, which gives you little time or inclination to become educated about investing ... close?

Well I rarely punt and if I do it is in small amounts, lets face it not many win on the punt, I'm happy to have a small punt at carnival time for an interest and I view it as entertainment not an investment.

Never been in a racehorse and never intend to, just something that doesn't interest me.

I have a hunch your claimed buisness success is a fable, people I know who have been successful at buisness don't generally have time to be posting on internet forums at 2am every morning.

So you don't punt, except an interest at carnivals, never been in a racehorse, and have no intention (no money?), yet hangs around Thoroughbred Racing forum just to give opinions on stuff that he knows nothing about ... then says that people who do that are not successful ...Embarrassed

FYI, my staff and the systems I have set up means my business virtually runs itself without me Afros ... every now and then I to do some overseeing, and I have to put in a few hours in here and there as I did last night, just to top up the cash flow ... surely you understand that Afros, you must be a successful self-employed entrepreneur yourself ... I can't imagine anyone giving you a job!Shocked

I found that a funny read Doc .   Don't ask me why.
    I think it corresponded with a conversation I had with one of my Son's.    He was giving me a lecture on how to do race horse form.
    I won't go further , other than to say I prop him up regularly financially and think that is enough evidence to say, it is him who should be the pupil.

I might have to adopt Afros.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:53pm
what a sad f**k....

Brags about his sexual conquests back in the day
Brags about his sporting prowess as a youth
Brags that he had a good social life, in the days when everyone had a hectic social life.

So successful he needs to let everyone he’s a successful property owner ( alas, in Bankstown)

So successful he needs to brag about a possible new opportunity that’s worth $30k (really?   So sad)

So successful that he can’t afford to move out of the suburb that he repeatedly denigrates on here..

So successful, he’s clearly got a chip on his shoulder about his station in life,and needs to boost his ego by denigrating people he doesn’t actually know,so that in his mind,he is above them.

Here’s a tip dummy, a successful business man doesn’t let his business run itself.

If you were one, you’d know that......
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

what a sad f**k....

Brags that he had a good social life, in the days when everyone had a hectic social life.

So successful he needs to let everyone he’s a successful property owner ( alas, in Bankstown)

So successful he needs to brag about a possible new opportunity that’s worth $30k (really?   So sad)

So successful that he can’t afford to move out of the suburb that he repeatedly denigrates on here..

So successful, he’s clearly got a chip on his shoulder about his station in life,and needs to boost his ego by denigrating people he doesn’t actually know,so that in his mind,he is above them.

Here’s a tip dummy, a successful business man doesn’t let his business run itself.

I found that a funny read Rusty, don't ask me why
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:59pm
Pretty weill summer up Rusty
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

I found that a funny read Doc .   Don't ask me why.
    I think it corresponded with a conversation I had with one of my Son's.    He was giving me a lecture on how to do race horse form.
    I won't go further , other than to say I prop him up regularly financially and think that is enough evidence to say, it is him who should be the pupil.

I might have to adopt Afros.

I'll be right thanks.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:14pm

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

I actually enjoy watching racing, particularly the stakes races around carnival time, or is there a requirement to either punt hard or be an owner to poat here?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:15pm

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

I actually enjoy watching racing, particularly the stakes races around carnival time, or is there a requirement to either punt hard or be an owner to post here?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:00pm

what a sad f**k....

What can I say, I have worked hard and I have a good life ... it's just a bonus that it upsets you so much.

You know that the Green-Eyed Monster - Envy - is one of the most destructive of the seven deadly sins ... maybe you should take a pill.Dead

FYI, not all of Bankstown is Islamic Slums you know - I could live anywhere I like really ... ever taken a cruise on the Georges River, which meanders through the leafy parklands in the exclusive part of town (my neck of the woodsBig smile) all the way to Botany Bay ... did you know that the suburb was named after Captain Cook's botanist, Sir Joseph Banks! ... when he mapped the river in the Tom Thumb, he was a big fan of the location for its beauty, bounty, and tranquility ... a very civilized location indeed! I recall my former neighbor Mark Waugh telling me how pleased he was when he sold his place for $2 million now, must have been at least 15 years ago ... be worth double that now I assume ... good for my resale value, and it tends to keep the welfare parasites on their side of town!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:04pm
I come on here to get some mental stimulation. And I leave perturbed
Refer ALP Election Promises
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:10pm

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

I actually enjoy watching racing, particularly the stakes races around carnival time, or is there a requirement to either punt hard or be an owner to poat here?

No, I can't argue with that! ... I love watching a Cessnock Maiden almost as much as a G1 ... I just think that there is very little that is as exhilarating as watching these magnificent athletes run! ... the only thing comparable would be watching big cats run down their pray ... you just don't get to go and watch that in the flesh too often!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:16pm
I think the quality of the lefty commentary on TBV has suffered ever since Subastral went for a holiday to Iran. One day they make it legal & he might get an early release.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:42pm

what a sad f**k....

What can I say, I have worked hard and I have a good life ... it's just a bonus that it upsets you so much.

You know that the Green-Eyed Monster - Envy - is one of the most destructive of the seven deadly sins ... maybe you should take a pill.Dead

FYI, not all of Bankstown is Islamic Slums you know - I could live anywhere I like really ... ever taken a cruise on the Georges River, which meanders through the leafy parklands in the exclusive part of town (my neck of the woodsBig smile) all the way to Botany Bay ... did you know that the suburb was named after Captain Cook's botanist, Sir Joseph Banks! ... when he mapped the river in the Tom Thumb, he was a big fan of the location for its beauty, bounty, and tranquility ... a very civilized location indeed! I recall my former neighbor Mark Waugh telling me how pleased he was when he sold his place for $2 million now, must have been at least 15 years ago ... be worth double that now I assume ... good for my resale value, and it tends to keep the welfare parasites on their side of town!Wink

That is so sad.

Now he’s bragging about living on the good side of Bankstown ......

What sort of person invents things to boost their ego on an anonymous Internet forum....

If I could be bothered, I’d look up Waugh’s property ownership history, but I’m pretty sure everyone knows you’re just a dribbling fantasist.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 12:27am
like shooting fish in a barrel.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 7:21pm
Down down, prices are down
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 11:32pm
Yep, at this point, it is a standard part of the property cycle, a "correction" in Sydney and Melbourne - maybe some overreach in some areas, attributable to the fear of a Labor Government, but really nothing to see here.

If Labor gets in and goes ahead with it's promised regressive Property Tax Package on 1st January 2020, we will have an out of cycle drop in prices of between 5% and 14% across the country - these are the "best guess" of industry experts, Labor simply does not know and refuses to discuss it.

The potential destruction of wealth will be up to $1 Trillion - the "fairer" trade-off for raising $2.9 billion in taxes - and will manifest over time, commencing right after the election, as property purchasing sentiment is destroyed. The irony is, that this will be helped along by the "Doom and Gloom" commentary of the mainstream media, who are currently ignoring this issue, but will run with it as they look for any way they can create negative stories in the quiet of a post-election news cycle. 

Everyone knows it will happen that way ... unless the citizens wake up to the facts before it's too late.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 12:09am
For crying out loud, they are not property experts, they are “Bushy” and your mate in Bris Vegas that’s part time property analyst P/t life coach who didn’t have an office etc etc etc.
All of them have vested interests.

Again for the thousandth time, last time these same tax changes were implemented.
ZERO downturn,and boom in 2 years.

Again, you still can’t justify why there should be a concessional tax rate on CGT.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 4:12am
What does the ABC think?Ermm

... ooooops! ... a 26% loss if Labor gets in!!! ... COSTING TRILLIONS!!! ... and RENTS UP!!!Cry

Just confirms what Bill and Chris have said all along ... "because it's fairer for First Home buyers"

Labor's negative gearing changes will force property prices down and rent up, study says

A new report says Labor's planned rollback of tax breaks for property investors will lead to lower property prices and higher rents.

The report from SQM Research, investment advisers specialising in property investment, says property prices will fall nationally by between 5 per cent and 12 per cent by 2022 if Labor scraps negative gearing for existing properties and halves the Capital Gains Tax discount from 50 per cent to 25 per cent.

However, if the Reserve Bank cuts the interest rate by half a per cent, SQM believe the falls would be between 4 and 8 per cent.

Under an alternative scenario with no changes to tax breaks for investors, but where the Reserve Bank cuts interest rates by half a per cent, they predict property prices would rise between 8 per cent and 14 per cent over the same period.

"Property prices will fall because investors are going to demand some sort of discount for the lack of tax concession they once had," said SQM's founder Louis Christopher.

The rental yield on a property is a calculation which measures how much cash an investment is generating, as a percentage of that asset's value.

Put simply, when it comes to an investment property, it's the rent received on that property divided by the cost of the property.

Or the Gross rental yield = (Annual rental income / Property value) x 100.

For example, if a property worth $500,000 received a rental income of $500 a week its gross rental yield would be (52 x $500 / $500,000) x 100, or 5.2 per cent.

SQM's research argues that investors will demand a higher rental yield because they will no longer get a tax concession. And for that to happen, either the price of the investment property needs to go down, or the rent needs to go up.

Their assumption, at least initially, is that it'll be house prices that take the hit.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-21/property-prices-to-fall-under-labor-proposed-plans-study-says/10924650

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:50am
Hahahahaha
The irony is delicious!

On another thread he says video footage of ON meeting with NRA means nothing without context,and can’t be believed without ALL of the footage being released.

But on this topic,an article that refers to a couple of lines in a report, is absolute total proof......
The report that’s quoted is based upon the authors guess of the required IRR of investors,and how any changes to the tax act impacts on their expectations.

We can all have a rough guess of what reductions we expect and chuck it in to a model to crank out a number. But unless there’s detailed methodology involved in identifying investors thought processes, and being able to demonstrate how different scenarios change investor behaviour/expectations, and the metrics behind these variances,then it’s just a guess dressed up as research.

Of course Doc doesn’t attach a copy of full research, so who knows how many holes/guesses make up the “research”

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:58am
   If It works ---- Don't fix it.

I've never lost money on a Real Estate venture, so why change.

The Lounge Room Experts are like Jockeys & Stablehands = The worst tipsters in the game.

POSITION POSITION POSITION
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 4:02pm
DR.E, prices going down, and Interest Rates havent even gone up yet.
You wait till the banks raise interest rates.
Not only are banks NOT going to lend money, but people who do own, will sell on mass due to hike rates.
They will have no choice.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Not only are banks NOT going to lend money, but people who do own, will sell on mass due to hike rates.

Remember what you predicted in 2012 . Wasn't good advice.

No different now ... next interest rate move will be down.

If people over capitalise , You can't blame anything but their poor gamble.

IMHO , the prices can only go UP for solid residential property, almost anywhere.   The consistent migration numbers ensure that.

The usual ups & downs of course but remember , we may be down a few percent , moving into a buyers market but that's on top of massive price increases during the most recent upward spiral.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 7:16pm

Hahahahaha
The irony is delicious!

On another thread he says video footage of ON meeting with NRA means nothing without context,and can’t be believed without ALL of the footage being released.

But on this topic,an article that refers to a couple of lines in a report, is absolute total proof......
The report that’s quoted is based upon the authors guess of the required IRR of investors,and how any changes to the tax act impacts on their expectations.

We can all have a rough guess of what reductions we expect and chuck it in to a model to crank out a number. But unless there’s detailed methodology involved in identifying investors thought processes, and being able to demonstrate how different scenarios change investor behaviour/expectations, and the metrics behind these variances,then it’s just a guess dressed up as research.

Of course Doc doesn’t attach a copy of full research, so who knows how many holes/guesses make up the “research”

Has Al Jazeera withheld the full report ... those meddling bastards!Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Remember what you predicted in 2012 . Wasn't good advice.

No different now ... next interest rate move will be down.

If people over capitalise , You can't blame anything but their poor gamble.

IMHO , the prices can only go UP for solid residential property, almost anywhere.   The consistent migration numbers ensure that.

The usual ups & downs of course but remember , we may be down a few percent , moving into a buyers market but that's on top of massive price increases during the most recent upward spiral.

Downward pressure on interest rates is forecast, but this is only assuming the drop in property values and a depressed economy that is expected under the regressive, punitive policies of Wealth Destruction, under a Labor/Greens government - it will be an attempt to avoid "Labor's Recession that we Had to Have to make the Greens happy".

If the LNP Government retains power, interest rates are expected to remain static, as the normal cycles continue.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 2:35pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 2:50pm

Someone get the sedatives for the Doc, he’s going to pop a valve....

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/moody-s-dramatically-downgrades-its-forecasts-for-house-prices-20190409-p51cav.html

Your a cruel Man Rusty.
House prices will fall because most workers will flood to the Adani Mines.

(That's what i read in PT's latest bulletin.)
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm
Oh boy, there will be a flood of bold link text here at around 1am, screeching about the eleventy billion dollar tsunami coming our way.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 3:30pm

Oh boy, there will be a flood of bold link text here at around 1am, screeching about the eleventy billion dollar tsunami coming our way.
    Have you been promoted to the ( U know who ) position Afros.

Doc has been telling you to bunker down & be ready for the Bonking Billy
fall out.

Haven't you noticed us re directing our investments to the Punt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 39>