Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian property crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

The loss applys to ALL residential property, regardless of whether it is an investment or not ... for the thousandth time you dumb fcuk!

Duh, obviously you don't read posts if they are not your own dumbo

The 70 % actually buy properties to live in, so while the value may go down temporarily they still need a roof over their heads,

So nobody who OWNS a residential property cares if the value of their property goes down?Clown

I can forgive you for a statement like that Whale - it just proves that you don't know what you don't know.

It's probably true of you and all your neighbours in the Housing Commission estate ... it wouldn't even come up in conversation.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Oh deary me.
The finger painter shrieks about Armageddon about the entire property market in Australia.
As proof he cites a comment that a study estimates a reduction Of Up To 2%

UP TO 2% is not a catastrophe........

Looks like he's going to need to rely on a mindless meme next.
Logic is not working for him.

Like Whale, a reduction in property value of 2% means just as much as a reduction of 100%, ... if you don't own a residential property, and you are never likely too.Embarrassed

For the people who do own property, it's $500 billion +, and it WILL effect everyone, even the parasitic Housos.

Now you just stay stupid, and keep collecting welfare ... the adults will keep working out how we will be able to continue making enough money, so we can pay enough tax that we can afford to keep a roof over your head, ok !Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:09pm

The loss applys to ALL residential property, regardless of whether it is an investment or not ... for the thousandth time you dumb fcuk!

The 70 % actually buy properties to live in, so while the value may go down temporarily they still need a roof over their heads,

So nobody who OWNS a residential property cares if the value of their property goes down?Clown

I can forgive you for a statement like that Whale - it just proves that you don't know what you don't know.

It's probably true of you and all your neighbours in the Housing Commission estate ... it wouldn't even come up in conversation.

don't divert as usual moron.  You posted that losses applied to all properties implying that I did not realise that. 

applies 

I corrected you, now you change the direction of the discussion to hide your stupidity LOL

And I did not say they would not be upset just that it is not as important because they bought to live in and prices will go up eventually

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:10pm
[

Like Whale, a reduction in property value of 2% means just as much as a reduction of 100%, ... if you don't own a residential property, and you are never likely too.Embarrassed

For the people who do own property, it's $500 billion +, and it WILL effect everyone, even the parasitic Housos.

Now you just stay stupid, and keep collecting welfare ... the adults will keep working out how we will be able to continue making enough money, so we can pay enough tax that we can afford to keep a roof over your head, ok !Thumbs Up
[/QUOTE]

you sure about that ? 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:11pm
The logic within my own family over many years has seen so many rise from the poor house to the multi multi millionaire group =   ALL on the back of the capital gain on the Real Estate .      Some had freehold garage sites , Car wash , mixed business = BUT while the Business side was OK the Capital gains were enormous.
I've had many say they would rather rent than buy over the years.
I won't go into detail except to say that 9 years in QLD has seen me save over $180000 in rent ,at today's prices ( less overheads ) plus $80,000 capital gain.   . In a poor performing area , compared with where I left.

Work it out for yourself .     & apologise to Doc      
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm
what are you talking about, completely off topic as usual ?

people make capital gains, yes, what is your point in the context of a negative gearing discussion ?
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:32pm

Oh deary me.
The finger painter shrieks about Armageddon about the entire property market in Australia.

So, when we remove the hysteria and the abuse
You been screaming and yelling for months about a possibility of a capital loss(if you chose to immediately sell of possibly up To 2%.

It's good to see someone has finally explained that you aren't losing money if the value is appreciating at a slightly lower rate.

Or do you still think that's a thing,but you were foaming st the mouth too much to address that in your recent rants?
#financially illiterate
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:39pm

people make capital gains, yes, what is your point in the context of a negative gearing discussion ?

It's all about PROPERTY CRASH...     A large Umbrella which takes in most things related to the Property plus or minus.

This " as usual slur " , is not nice of you Whale.    So out of character.           .   Isn't it enough for you to cost me , by not being suspended by Xmas.
Now that is off topic , but of great member interest.    your out to 2/1 now so I can't green up .
Is it my flight of ideas that worries you ,   or the fact you have built up some envy of me , since you've been sleeping out.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

It's all about PROPERTY CRASH...     A large Umbrella which takes in most things related to the Property plus or minus.

This " as usual slur " , is not nice of you Whale.    So out of character.           .   Isn't it enough for you to cost me , by not being suspended by Xmas.
Now that is off topic , but of great member interest.    your out to 2/1 now so I can't green up .
Is it my flight of ideas that worries you ,   or the fact you have built up some envy of me , since you've been sleeping out.

speaking of bets I am thinking of challenging Doc to a  wager, $100,000, petty cash for him Smile
If I own property I win, if not he wins.
Looking for an honest person to hold the bets Wink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 4:52pm

speaking of bets I am thinking of challenging Doc to a  wager, $100,000, petty cash for him Smile

You have said before you have been in Real Estate in the past at least and as you are a Melbourne-ite ,   Your out performing "the rest " .

Wasn't it God who took a light & went out one night to find an honest man ....
He stumbled in later , blinded by dark = as some one stole the Lantern
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:40pm

don't divert as usual moron.  You posted that losses applied to all properties implying that I did not realise that. 

applies 

I corrected you, now you change the direction of the discussion to hide your stupidity LOL

And I did not say they would not be upset just that it is not as important because they bought to live in and prices will go up eventually

Wow, you said it again!

You don't actually know ANY real people, do you.Embarrassed
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:41pm

[

you sure about that ? 
[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:45pm

Ummm, the policy, and all of the ALP's assumptions, are based on bastardising Neg Gearing, in conjunction with CGT rules. 

... do at least try to understand what it is you are going "Rrrrreeeee!!!" about 

Now you can apologise to macca as well.Embarrassed
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:53pm

Oh deary me.

You been screaming and yelling for months about a possibility of a capital loss(if you chose to immediately sell of possibly up To 2%.

It's good to see someone has finally explained that you aren't losing money if the value is appreciating at a slightly lower rate.

Or do you still think that's a thing,but you were foaming st the mouth too much to address that in your recent rants?
#financially illiterate

Please NEVER try saying that to any half intelligent person who has any kind of interest in investing - they WILL slap you and laugh in your face.LOL

Seriously, how do people like you and Whale manage to dress and fed yourselves?

You convince yourselves that the most stupid things are actually real, just because you say them over and over!

I think CNNPT might even be getting upset ...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:57pm

I really don't care Whale, and I doubt that anyone else does either.

... but if you do, and that would surprise everyone (inheritance?) maybe we can take some bets on how long you will keep it under an ALP government ...Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:59pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:05pm

Oh deary me.

#financially illiterate

Please NEVER try saying that to any half intelligent person who has any kind of interest in investing - they WILL slap you and laugh in your face.LOL

You convince yourselves that the most stupid things are actually real, just because you say them over and over!

How can you be so wrong,and be adamant that you're right?

Here's a simple test for our resident finger painter.

You have a property worth $1M today
In ten years time at an annual capital appreciation of 2.5% what is the property worth?
How much did you lose?

You've clearly never run any sensitivity analysis on any investment decisions In your life.....

If you don't know how to do it, try Google if the nurses are too busy.. .
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:12pm
[

... but if you do, and that would surprise everyone (inheritance?) maybe we can take some bets on how long you will keep it under an ALP government ...Wink
[/QUOTE]]

But, but you do care Wink

ke Whale, a reduction in property value of 2% means just as much as a reduction of 100%, ... if you don't own a residential property, and you are never likely too.Embarrassed

Stop lying Doc
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:46pm

Oh deary me.

#financially illiterate

In ten years time at an annual capital appreciation of 2.5% what is the property worth?
How much did you lose?

You've clearly never run any sensitivity analysis on any investment decisions In your life.....

Let's use the ALP's best scenario model.

2% immediate capital reduction and the 0.49% p.a. reduction in annual capital appreciation.

As opposed to $1 million appreciating at 2.5% p.a.

Loss is "only" $84,000, or about 5 years of aged pension liability for the government tax payers to meet.

Now let's assume that they are true to form, and their assumptions are not quite right.

Say a more realistic 5% drop, and a reduction of 1.3% 

Loss is "only" $210,000 or about 13 years of aged pension liability for the government tax payers to meet.

... and if the impact is much worse, say 10% and 2.5%

Loss is "only" $380,000 or about 23 years of aged pension liability for the government tax payers to meet.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:47pm

[

]

But, but you do care Wink

ke Whale, a reduction in property value of 2% means just as much as a reduction of 100%, ... if you don't own a residential property, and you are never likely too.Embarrassed

Stop lying Doc
[/QUOTE]

Ok, I care Hug
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:53pm

Oh deary me.

#financially illiterate

How much did you lose?

2% immediate capital reduction and the 0.49% p.a. reduction in annual capital appreciation.

Loss is "only" $84,000, or about 5 years of aged pension liability for the government tax payers to meet.

Now let's assume that they are true to form, and their assumptions are not quite right.

Loss is "only" $210,000 or about 13 years of aged pension liability for the government tax payers to meet.

Loss is "only" $380,000 or about 23 years of aged pension liability for the government tax payers to meet.

No dummy, no cheating
Do the quiz, or admit you don't understand how it works.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:56pm

Oh deary me.

#financially illiterate

How much did you lose?

No dummy, no cheating
Do the quiz, or admit you don't understand how it works.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:56pm
btw rusty, if you were only expecting 2.5% growth over 10 years for a residential real estate asset, you would be far better off selling it and renting and investing something else.No capital city in Australia has had an average 10 year return that poor (Perth and Darwin will go close) ... which of course, you don't know, because ... you don't know.Stern Smile

Anyway, thanks again for confirming my point.Thumbs Up 

Hope you clowns are learning something, you would never be able to afford to pay for this kind of advice.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:58pm
Just say you don't understand how to do it.
It's quite clear by your responses,that you have no understanding of the concept.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:10pm
Your stubornnes is elite rusty, as is your stupidity.

A house is not an asset - hands up those with a house who agree!Wacko

When an asset's growth rate is artificially diminished, it does not cause a loss.LOL

Property appreciates at a rate of 2.5% p.a. - maybe where you live! Pig

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:12pm
You cant have it both ways. Taking heat out of the market by the ALP approach will work. Housing will become more affordable for those not in the market. The flip side is that those already in the market will lose money - & those that have entered in the past 3 years already have negative equity based on natural correction. Add the new rules & that will blow out to include many more as prices will take a further bath. Wrong time to do it - wait till the natural correction has stabilised. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:19pm
Also think that "upto 2%" is a load of crock. I reckon around Sydney their has already been a minimum correction of 5% over the past 18mths. At least that again over the nest 12 mths I believe WITHOUT the ALPs planned changes. God knows how far it will drop when that happens
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:21pm

btw rusty, if you were only expecting 2.5% growth over 10 years for a residential real estate asset, you would be far better off selling it and renting and investing something else.No capital city in Australia has had an average 10 year return that poor (Perth and Darwin will go close) ... which of course, you don't know, because ... you don't know.Stern Smile

Hope you clowns are learning something, you would never be able to afford to pay for this kind of advice.Wink
You poor simple fool
I deliberately chose a very low compounding rate to demonstrate that even at these levels,you're still making a profit.

But if you had any understanding, you would have realised that.

Any luck doing the calcs?

Is it becsuse you can't do the simple math, or you did and you realise it nullifies your argument?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:28pm

You poor simple fool
I deliberately chose a very low compounding rate to demonstrate that even at these levels,you're still making a profit.

But if you had any understanding, you would have realised that.

Any luck doing the calcs?

Is it becsuse you can't do the simple math, or you did and you realise it nullifies your argument?
Surely its a comparative thing Rusty. If you used to return 2x over a defined period - & now its only 1.8x - & the share market is also 2x - where are you going to invest your money ? So comparatively speaking you are losing 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:36pm
IF that eventuated,then it would be a less attractive return, but that's not a loss.
A loss is when your urrent capital value is lower than the initial capital value
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 39>