Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian property crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I see Gay updated SUSPENDEES thread, I sort of feel neglected that I am not there LOL

23 days to Christmas

Image result for very quiet here
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:03pm
23 days. $1.001
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:45pm
Japans Property Market

Image result for japans property chart
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:47pm
Image result for australian property gloom chart
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:48pm
Bloomberg
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:49pm
stoopid copy and paste
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:49pm
Trying to post australias stagnant and declining wage chart
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:10pm
Image result for please return doctor
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 7:01pm
How could you possibly post such cr@p Whale?  The answer is clearly 500%, or maybe $500 billion.  Whatever the number 500 is set in stone you cretin.

ps You're a %$*! and don't have a $!* clue about anyfink.  And Shorten is a 

pss this posted in support of Doc supporters who are undoubtedly suffering totally understandable withdrawal symptoms following his enforced holiday.  Wink
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

How could you possibly post such cr@p Whale?  The answer is clearly 500%, or maybe $500 billion.  Whatever the number 500 is set in stone you cretin.

pss this posted in support of Doc supporters who are undoubtedly suffering totally understandable withdrawal symptoms following his enforced holiday.  Wink

ps You're a %$*! and don't have a $!* clue about anyfink.  And Shorten is a..

Forgot to add the pink Embarrassed
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

thanks, I feel better now Thumbs Up
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Oh dear,
Someone’s going to do it tough for a couple of weeks

May well be you Rusty. You do realise you & Doc are in a symbiotic relationship don't you. Anyhow, good luck with that

Suspect Rusty will have an easier time getting through it. Much easier to find other things to do when you don’t have 12+hrs a day of forum activity to fill.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Oh dear,
Someone’s going to do it tough for a couple of weeks

May well be you Rusty. You do realise you & Doc are in a symbiotic relationship don't you. Anyhow, good luck with that

Suspect Rusty will have an easier time getting through it. Much easier to find other things to do when you don’t have 12+hrs a day of forum activity to fill.

Unlike you and me hey Whale LOLThumbs Up    Rusty will have to find others to abuse.   Hope its still on line for him so he doesnt get his head punched in Evil Smile   Dr E will have withdrawal symptoms no doubt Thumbs Up  But you and me will just keep on keeping on Thumbs Up  We know how to be good , hey WinkLOL
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:16pm

Unlike you and me hey Whale LOLThumbs Up    Rusty will have to find others to abuse.   Hope its still on line for him so he doesnt get his head punched in Evil Smile   Dr E will have withdrawal symptoms no doubt Thumbs Up  But you and me will just keep on keeping on Thumbs Up  We know how to be good , hey WinkLOL
[/QUOTE]

When I am good I am very good, when I am bad I am better Smile
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:18pm

Australian home prices are falling at the fastest pace since the GFC

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Are losses on paper really losses? The only actual profit/loss on an asset is after you sell, yes I'm aware market value has implications elsewhere but unless people their losses on the property are on paper only.

True! a loss or gain is only "paper" until the asset is actually sold. 

Property values represent a large chunk of the NATIONS wealth, not just individuals, so there are many and far-reaching consequences when those values increase or decrease even notionally.

Some simple examples are, if you own a real estate asset with debt, then any loss in value can put you in a precarious position if you are unable to meet the holding costs, and a sale is forced.

If you want to use that asset as security for any other acquisition, and the value has diminished, that will be problematic too, may restrict the owner from doing anything, even say improving, repairing or maintaining.

So those are two obvious examples.

Your approaching this like increasing value and profits continually should be a guarantee but this isn't how the free market economy the Liberals love works, for every winner there has to be a loser. 

[COLOR=#00cc66]<b style="]No, not at all - there is no such assumption, and it would be unrealistic - history tells us that markets move in cycles, but they are hardly smooth and predictable, with lots of bumps along the way! You can apply the decelerating future growth as a negative if you wish, it accentuates the losses accordingly. Have a look at the most recent property Bust in the USA - NOBODY benefited out of that, for every Loser there were MORE LOSERS - people were leaving the house keys in the front door and walking away, creating Ghost Towns in the Mortgage Belt - there was nobody taking advantage in that case, other than repo agents and the like - even the banks had to be bailed out by the Federal Reserve, so EVERYONE LOST.
[/COLOR]
Do you know why we are interested in what industry your in? Because you keep claiming you'll do well out of it but then talk in riddles about exactly how and why and yet you also keep banging on about how bad the policy is, you can't have it both ways, either your lieing that you'll do well out of it or your dislike of it comes from your hatred of the left, don't try pretend you just care how other people will fare out of that, we all know that isn't true.

Afros, what does it matter what the industry is? Take your pick! You said it, for every winner, there has to be a loser! Whale picked out a bunch of industries that would somehow benefit ... but the fact is, everyone would be taking a massive step backward financially to start with, if property values went backwards and we were tipped into a recession. AND I HAVE SAID IT SEVERAL TIMES, THE BENEFIT I WILL GLEAN, AND TRUST ME, I WILL BE BUSY, WILL BE OFFSET BY THE GENERAL PROPERTY VALUE LOSSES, and ECONOMIC LOSSES ... same as everyone in all of those industries and businesses that Whale suggested and dozens of others - in the end NOBODY WILL WIN! 

So I'm not lying, I don't lie, plenty of dick heads have accused me of that, but never put up! ... why would you bother lying in an anonymous online forum? 

I don't hate the left, I don't hate anyone on the left (apart from Malcolm of course!Angry) in fact, I have great friends who are left-wing nutter ideologues - I call them idiots and they reciprocate! I do get frustrated with, and I disagree with a lot of their policies and ideologies - I don't think that is "Breaking News" though! 

The facts are, this policy is;
1. Poorly thought through 
2. Poorly articulated ... why is it so hard to find the facts - the virtue signaling "message" - Rob from the "rich" despised property investors, and give to the "poor" first Home Buyer/victim is clear though!  
3. CERTAIN to cause losses to property owners - THEY ADMIT IT! ... and it must if as they claim, it helps First Home Buyers and housing affordability - that makes sense if nothing else does!!!
4. UNCOSTED ... why won't they offer some numbers as I have? ... is it because the numbers are worse than they had ever imagined? ... remember, this was proposed 3 years ago, at the 11th hour of an election that they didn't think they could win going in ... and it has NOT been reviewed since, and the economy and markets are totally different.
5. Has a "Butterfly Effect" - they have not considered the direct consequences properly - the certainly have not considered the unintended consequences, none of which is "good".

Again, this is simply NOT a policy that can achieve anything beneficial, not even a break even, on the best scenarios ... and the worst outcome - which of course everyone would hope against ... but, which tend to come with the ALP's economic policies ... is a catastrophe.

Our economy is thriving at present Afros - as a society, we have never lived a better lifestyle or been so prosperous - we will be in budget deficit soon, and we can then start addressing debt ... why would we want to change what is not broken?

What do you think - turned over a new leaf - get it green - leaf!Wink

[

GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK DOC ...   Sadly missed
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:25am
Jesus Macca - you cheeky sod. Here's me thinking the great one had returned (& I don't mean you Rusty) & its just you mucking around. Just having a quick perusal around the threads & there seems to be a distinct lack of humour going on. Just very average folk trying to be serious - as if anyone cares. Back to threading shoe laces for me !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:26am
The great one? Wow. Great at pink hysterical posts but thats about it.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:30am

Jesus Macca - you cheeky sod. Here's me thinking the great one had returned (& I don't mean you Rusty) & its just you mucking around. Just having a quick perusal around the threads & there seems to be a distinct lack of humour going on. Just very average folk trying to be serious - as if anyone cares. Back to threading shoe laces for me !
& here's poor old Rusty taking one for the team & I don't think his name has been mentioned since - typical Ouch 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:35am
Is Doc suspended oneone?Shocked

When and why did that happen?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Is Doc suspended oneone?Shocked

When and why did that happen?

Went over the pink text quota.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:01am
I am putting out my pink crayons in his memory. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:49pm
When I awoke this morning and looked up at the clock,
The time was only 4AM , and my thoughts were all for DOC,
I rolled across beside me , He didn't give a peep,
And i had more than kissed him, Before he came from sleep.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

When I awoke this morning and looked up at the clock,
The time was only 4AM , and my thoughts were all for DOC,
I rolled across beside me , He didn't give a peep,
And i had more than kissed him, Before he came from sleep.

I knew there was some man love going on there, didn't realise how deep the love goes Embarrassed
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:59pm
RUSTY always finished second , when debating good old DOC,
          ( now what rhymes with Doc.)
    But a decent type of fellow , & as solid as a rock
Unfortunately for him , he didn't have the class,
To compete against our hero Doc , so he finished on his arz.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:04pm

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Don't laugh at him Stayer .. Surely you don't want to join Abbott & Trump on his Hit List.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:26pm
I pay a good call when I see it Macca. That wasn't bad.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:32pm

I might need your help if I'm to dethrone Banjo Patterson aye .   
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I might need your help if I'm to dethrone Banjo Patterson aye .   

You're a fair way better than Banjo, Macca!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 39>