Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Soccer - what a bore !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:08pm
Ozzies need to win.  Simple as.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:36pm
Glad I kept out of it.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:47pm
3 zip, Does ange stay on?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:57pm
Why wouldn't he stay on? He said his contract ends when Australia's World Cup campaign ends....pretty clear 
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:59pm
Good on ya Ange. Stuck it right up that moaning Rob Slater
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:07pm
Very good win. A really good campaign from the Socceroos. Only lost 1 game in 14.

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Good on ya Ange. Stuck it right up that moaning Rob Slater

👍
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:18pm
Seriously, they are currently $310 on Betfair, to win in 2018. Iceland is better fancied.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Seriously, they are currently $310 on Betfair, to win in 2018. Iceland is better fancied.

What can you lay them at (if anything)? They are no chance. And I don't mean that in a figurative way you might say it about some 50-1 pop at Sandown on Saturday. They are literally zero chance.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:31pm
$600 the lowest lay bid at the moment.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:10pm

$600 the lowest lay bid at the moment.

Great value. If only the tournament was a few weeks away I would probably take it. Currently though you'll make more money in bank interest by the time it's settled.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:22pm
Someone has snapped up the $310, forcing the price down to $300 !
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 12:44am
If Australia won 2-1 would that have been enough ?
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:02am
There was bodies all over the field for 90 minutes.
I thought someone had a machine gun .
Writhing in agony from the pain from some 186 injuries that had been caused by tackles for a round , rubber ball.
   Comedy capers .   
One did get stretchered off but was later seen playing hop scotch.
    BORING isn't the right word ..    Insulting spectators intelligence is more like it.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 6:40am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Yes, the away goal only breaks a tie
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:41am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

There was bodies all over the field for 90 minutes.
I thought someone had a machine gun .
Writhing in agony from the pain from some 186 injuries that had been caused by tackles for a round , rubber ball.
   Comedy capers .   
One did get stretchered off but was later seen playing hop scotch.
    BORING isn't the right word ..    Insulting spectators intelligence is more like it.

True Macca

It was cringeworthy viewing. Not sure why fans tolerate all the crap.

Seemed to be plenty of Tomic and Kyrgios type behaviour out there that gets lauded Confused
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:50am
Didn't watch the game but I notice that the defensive midfielder scored all the goals, from a deflected free kick and two penalties. Popgun attack still in full effect.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 11:03am

They have as much chance as Iceland.....zero.

There is only a handful of countries that have a realistic chance of winning it.

To make 4 world cups in a row is a very good achievement.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:57pm
Saintly    :-   TRUE , full credit .     It isn't the game itself , or the standard our team is at .          . All about the antics and the acting of false injuries that girl guides would be more exposed too than a soccer player.
They would all have heart failure if they had Mal Maninga charging at them with body contact intentions.
Little girls trying to play what could be a very entertaining game ,
but spoiling all interest with their pitifully weak behaviour.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:18pm
I love watching the EPL and am a Liverpool fan, the one thing I admired about Steven Gerrard was apart from his uncanny read of the game was if someone went down in a tackle from him he would glare down as if to say..get up you bludger, stevie gee , a mans man imo.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:57am
Watching the Socceroos is like watching paint dry

I can watch the EPL and be entertained
EAD
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:31pm
I really enjoy the A-League and the Socceroos and only watch the roundball game now . I don't watch or follow either Rugby League or AFL and feel even less qualified or bothered to comment on them . 

What I don't understand is if you all hate it so much ,why do you even bother watching it or even then commenting on it after you've watched it ? 

I genuinely don't get it .    
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Yes, the away goal only breaks a tie

👉 thanks
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Mr Prospector Mr Prospector wrote:

I really enjoy the A-League and the Socceroos and only watch the roundball game now . I don't watch or follow either Rugby League or AFL and feel even less qualified or bothered to comment on them . 

What I don't understand is if you all hate it so much ,why do you even bother watching it or even then commenting on it after you've watched it ? 

I genuinely don't get it .    

Because we want to be part of the wider world.

Sometimes I wonder if the diving takes away a opportunity to put more pressure on. The momentum goes out of a situation and the defense gets reestablished
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:42pm
The diving is as farcical as The Three Stooges, simples ! But I guess if you're brought up on it, you don't even notice.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:19pm
If you enjoy the sport but hate the diving I could understand , but most of the people who comment don't even like the A-League etc.. .
If you look at the last Socceroos game against Honduras the inconsistency of the ref and some of the dirty tactics both sides got away with . 
When some one fouls you ,you need to let the ref know . 

I blame the refs for inconsistent application of the laws .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Mr Prospector Mr Prospector wrote:

If you enjoy the sport but hate the diving I could understand , but most of the people who comment don't even like the A-League etc.. .
If you look at the last Socceroos game against Honduras the inconsistency of the ref and some of the dirty tactics both sides got away with . 
When some one fouls you ,you need to let the ref know . 

I blame the refs for inconsistent application of the laws .

There were a couple of occasions when I felt playing on would have been more beneficial. 

The fouls that bring about a dive are really so innocuous they are embarrassing.  
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 2:00pm
I'm not going to try and defend it Djebel . I agree with the rolling around screaming antics are annoying but if someone puts their studs down your archilles or stomps on your foot . It Hurts . 

Players in all sports have been trying to con refs forever . The South Americans in the A-league are the worst and they quickly get a reputation so now the refs ignore them a lot of the time . 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 2:04pm
You hear refs in other football codes saying "milking, milking....."
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 2:07pm
They probably do the same in the A-League . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>