Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MAGLISSA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

Thank You AA There are a few of us hereSmile

and Fiddler didnt know !LOL  thats a kooooooo,,  , coup,,,  whatever,, ( cant spell it ).
winners are grinners !!!

animals before people.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:23pm
Big smile
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:56pm
Track definitely suiting Maglissa today at Caulfield.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:00pm
Good luck Browndog
reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:06pm
Hope the horse is ok. Not sure what Bossy was doing going forward early, but something wrong with her.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Track definitely suiting Maglissa today at Caulfield.

Would have if she hadn't begun so well & raced hard on the bit; they can't do it both ends over 1400m Ouch  Was still entitled to finish closer so have to agree with your previous post. Would be interesting to know Bossys' opinion......he'll no doubt have one Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Jan 2014 at 1:09pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:23pm
All those months spent to make her relax and settle in her races and Boss pushes forward from an outside gate with a fast tempo.Confused

Some jockeys just know more than the trainers.Ermm
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:27pm
I wouldn't put Bossy on a horse of mine unless it was a staying race. he is clearly a better jockey the longer the distances are.
kingoath View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingoath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:43pm

I wonder what the trainer's instructions were to Bossy, and more importantly, if he followed them.

Kingoath's Stable - Zadon, Spalato, Able Friend, Signoff
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:47pm
The instructions are always the same, ride her cold
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:59pm
To be fair to Boss, it did not look to my eye that he rode her to be in that position she jumped and put herself there. Travelled easily and gave nothing.
reductio ad absurdum
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 2:03pm
They ran the slowest last 600m of the day so far in that race, even slower than the 2400m race. They must have been travelling early. She wont work both ends
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 2:22pm
Boss said she had her tongue over the bit most of the trip and over raced She pulled up with an elevated heart rate but otherwise fine. Tongue tie on next start
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

I wouldn't put Bossy on a horse of mine unless it was a staying race. he is clearly a better jockey in his mind than actuality

agree...

he is terribly out of form for mine, seems to be riding desperately to try and force some good form...

Panspermia.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 4:18pm
I agree with djebel entirey, fwiw, she jumped enormous & that was it therafter, hard on the bit just behind a very strong tempo & but for Bossys' hands she'd've been throwing her head for most other riders. Tongue over makes them go harder due to the extreme pain on the bars of their mouth & the tongue lying above it's correct place causes a partial blocking of airways Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 12:55pm
Browndog, any news?
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 1:01pm
Back to square one with her today. After being finally taught to settle, a leading rider last prep decided that after she jumped well enough he would ride her on pace directly against instructions.  She then pulled her head off again at her next start.Trainer very upset and frustrated by it so back to the drawing board

Has been freshened and brought back in distance to again learn to not fight the bit by placing her in shorter distance faster tempo races. Will be improved by the run but has the ability to run on strongly fresh(won twice first up)  Will probably only have two starts then repeat till she learns to not fight the bit

Edited by Browndog - 16 Apr 2014 at 1:04pm
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 1:19pm
have you ever tried to let her bowl along in front, farming a bigger n bigger gap between her and second to try and steal a race perhaps...???

Panspermia.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 1:27pm
Yes. two preps ago she won first up at Sale after fighting all the way and followed it up with a last to first win at Caulfield after blowing the start Next start she jumped and raced behind the leaders as fav She weakened in the straight Next start she was again allowed to race forward and dropped right out in the straight She can't do it at both ends it seems
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm
For those that are interested Maglissa's first to hit the track barrier trialed at Randwick.
By Hinchinbrook and began like a shot out of a gun.

2nd in trial 3.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
Paul Snowden said after the trial that McLaren was one of their more precocious 2yos 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:41pm
Wins on debut at Flemington. 

I knew she was good for something.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:48pm
He has his mother's frame but unlike her runs straight.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 4:52pm
And now add the Wyong Magic Millions to Unite and Conquer's record.
Never gave the others a chance.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 5:35pm
His mother won 6 years ago today at Caulfield. Also a Wednesday.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 6:12pm
As PT well knows, Maglissa was a talented but erratic race mare.

However you look for attitude in a race mare, misguided as it may be, and given her pedigree it's little surprise her first foal has above average ability.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:29pm
djebel might be interested in latest yearling, to be sold MM Gold Coast January.

https://ecat.magicmillions.com.au/viewLot/228/776

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:07am

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:17pm
Did you have a crack PT? I've got him in a couple of multis. $5.50 yesterday and $4.60 now (TAB).

Terrible barrier but he's capable of crossing to one off or even get the fence.
I suppose it depends on what else wants to lead and hold out all the well fancied and wide drawn runners.

Hyeronimus will need to be quick between the ears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>