Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MAGLISSA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 2:54pm
Put a girl on and I bet she settles better, add a shadow roll, (small low one) and she'll be curling the neck like a stayer...

Gay the point about a " freshen " is not always about getting ping into their legs, it can be used creatively to take the horse away from the racetrack environment for 6 weeks to 2 months to just continue to establish education and increase base level core fitness, it's not about ping in their legs when they are lightly raced 3 yr olds.

Panspermia.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 3:01pm
Snowden = one of the best trainers at educating 3 yr olds via freshen & change of scenery, probably learnt it from Hawkes, but nevertheless, the old take em away from racing for 6 weeks, send them over the border, tinker with gear if needed, bang...
Panspermia.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 3:20pm
Now, reread my post slowly F/sticks then ask yourself where you found the word 'freshen' Smile

".............with the edge off her from last week, she may well settle."  Meaning some of the ping should be out of her legs & hopefully, brain, in which case she should relax at least to a degree.
Imo, most a the time a freshen enables a soundness issue to be sorted hence the reason they very often improve.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 4:05pm
By what the part owner said of her antics at her last start, they were indicitive of a filly needing a break. Fighting the rider, too keen on the bridle etc. After watching today I am sure of it. Nedded tipping out after the last run!
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 4:05pm
Needed that is!
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 4:07pm
She has gone from extremely promising to disappointing in two runs. It's often a timing issue with these young fillies. Most go to the well once too often. You should never go twice though.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 6:20pm

Race 5 – SPORTINGBET HANDICAP - 1600 metres: 

La Pepper was slow to begin and then had to be checked off the heels of Maglissa after being taken in by Danzoo which jumped away awkwardly and shifted in.

Near the 1100m First Bloom shifted in and inconvenienced Danzoo.

Maglissa and Silver Trinket both got their heads up when over-racing in the early and middle stages.

Rounding the home turn First Bloom, which was laying out, had to be steadied across the heels of Maglissa.

Apprentice D Thornton (Maglissa) said that his mount over-raced and when put under pressure near the 500m the filly failed to respond to his riding.  A subsequent veterinary examination of Maglissa revealed the filly to be showing signs of minor heat stress.

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 10:50pm
Going for a spell, I believe
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 11:16pm
If she likes a soft track you might have some fun with her over winter in Melbourne...

Nose roll & 6-8 week Freshen is what I'd do, but what do I know...
Panspermia.
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:24pm
Opened up a big price this week. Never backed her before, but followed the thread over the journey and am backing her at the $26 and 8.50 the place. Good luck to the owners this week.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:51pm
Trialled very ordinary at Cranbourne and some including a member here were apparently less than impressed.

However proof of the pudding...
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:59pm
I thought her trial was as expected. She didn't over race with the ear muffs on, and wasn't asked to fire up. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:04pm
I like the profile of the mile back to the straight 6. Different tempo. Only need a small wager at that price to get a result.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

I thought her trial was as expected. She didn't over race with the ear muffs on, and wasn't asked to fire up. 

Yes she did exactly what Robbie Griffiths had hoped she would. Ear muffs have settled her down and she was never asked for an effort. Both in the trial and jumpout.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:25pm
I have been doing some reading on the Magnus progeny and wet tracks...had a good look at Usurpers pedigree today and decided he was going to enjoy the slow 6 and backed him off this...he improved sharply second up nearly taking out the event at 25-1 paying $8.20 the place...

The point is I think Magnus offspring are geniune soft trackers...comes in off Magnus dams side...all quality and mudders there yo.

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 3:19pm
very frustrating horse this one. Looks to have heaps of ability but quirky. Showed no speed back to last then spots them way to much of a start, eased to the outside, held up and then flys at the end when it's all over.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 3:23pm
She ran as she was expected to. Happy enough with the effort here, onward and upward.
Ear muffs doing the job nicely.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 3:27pm
She ran exactly as I thought she would, having heard the trainer i/viewed this morning. He's aiming her for races over more ground & as result needs her to settle better than last prep, so I'm sure connections would be delighted with the run, if not anyone who backed herbut they were warned.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 4:50pm
Any word on this horse? Running at Bairnsdale in the last. Would brain these at best.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 4:52pm
Won a jumpout after running third under restraint in an official trial. Risk is the track and wide barrier forcing her to settle back on a track that doesn't usually suit swoopers Is going very well though
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 5:19pm
Super run & ride Clap
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 5:22pm
Thanks for info BD. Love the one bet, one win day.
She really wanted to be there today, ears pricked big time.
Matthew Allen is a really underrated jockey. Always have confidence with the Allen/Griffiths combo.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 5:36pm
No probs Subby Was a nice win on an unfavorable track for her
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 5:42pm
Didn't get all fizzed up today so her class told in the end, just.
Last prep should be forgotten, if she continues to race kindly.

Bloody scratching destroyed the 10s from yesterday. But still good.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 9:43pm
Whats all this about then...Shocked

Panspermia.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 3:21pm
Here she is:

Photo: Maglissa #bairnsdaleraces #goodluck
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 3:24pm
In her Catwoman gear
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 5:16pm
And here she is in street clothes:

Photo: Maglissa #beautiful
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:04pm
well done Maglissa, and congrats  BD.
animals before people.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:13pm
Thank You AA There are a few of us hereSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>