Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MAGLISSA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 8:56am
Adrian Dunn wasn't tipping it He was doing a report on what Robbie Griffiths said about the horses chances. Note all the quotation marks
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

some of you are such miserable people.  do you ever get any joy out of life ?  why do you even bother following racing when you are always out to put the clappers on horses and hope ?
racing a horse is about fun, and looking forward, not all this misery guts stuff !
be happy for others they have a decent horse fiddlesticks !     stay off the downers for awhile will yous please ?

Who's putting the horse down?? If that was aimed at me, you completely misread my post. I was simply wondering when supposed investigative journalist Adrian Dunn suddenly became a tipster and form analyst.

no not you !  sorry if you thought it was.
just saying , since i need to name, i thought muppet,s comments were just that !  muppets !
animals before people.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 1:38pm
Lot of posts were hidden, so a little bit of context might have been lost as well 
Puntaz View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puntaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 8:31pm
NELLA FANTASIA looks like leading here EVENS and HAZARD behind neither look like taking on NELLA FANTASIA, MRS HADLEE and MY BARE LADY also 0ff pacers so Interesting what their plans are with MAGLISA drawn second outside plus shes been missing the start lately if again she could be sitting back in a average run pace race unlike last start where they went a better speed up front. 

She still was last however at the 300m and picked them up 

Muppetmaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muppetmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 8:38pm
None of my comments were negative whatsover.

This is a good filly, she might find this race a rather tricky affair though, small fields often throw up rough results.

civilisation - the social process whereby societies achieve an advanced stage of development and organization
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 6:54am
With the small field + the likelihood of a dawdle to the turn, the up side for Maglissa would be that she'd only be 3 - 4 lengths off the leader up straightening even from last. Obviously harder to run them down off a slow tempo, but (with the finish she showed last start), I reckon she's up to it.

Good luck 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 2:26pm
Over raced on a slow pace, to her detriment, I thought Smile  Small fields @ 1400 + Evil Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Puntaz View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puntaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Over raced on a slow pace, to her detriment, I thought Smile  Small fields @ 1400 + Evil Smile

Really think she over-raced, as her past two starts she has raced with the head the same way?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 2:54pm
Haven't seen her previous starts but noted she came from near the rear in both, suggesting she'd relaxed better during the run but am happy to be advised otherwise Smile
Puntaz View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puntaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 3:01pm
she did settle back but had the same head action most of the trip both races with the head up high awkward a bit as i said not really sure myself if she is overracing or not definitely could drop the head bit more but not sure that was her excuse today as her two previous starts she done the same and won. 
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 12:06pm
Toltrice View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toltrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 2:43pm

I'm one of her owners and flew over for the race on Saturday as I had another horse running as well.

She flew the gates and overraced, and to avoid hetting in a fight with her, Vlad said he let her slide forward but she was still a bit keen. The 60kgs also seemed to anchor her down late in the run. He also said that she definitely a get back-and-run-on horse.
To me during the prelims she seemed very fresh. She normally jig-jogs around the mounting yard, but she even pig rooted a couple of times on Saturday, and was quite the handful for the clerk being led around to the start.
She is still extremely green (hence her head carriage) and is learning how to be a racehorse. I think she is still a prep away from her best.
We are certainly keeping our fingers crossed for when it all clicks in her head as we think we may have a pretty nice filly here.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:07pm
Hazard was ridden the way Maglissa should of been ridden, you could see she was gone shortly after they straightened, she has raced green from day one...freshen...gear change !?!?

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:42pm
F/sticks, the point being made is that she was too fresh for the distance she ran over; were it only 1200m, the quicker early pace would've most likely seen her just on the bit instead of pulling hard, enabling her to run on towards the finish. You freshen horses to encourage more speed in their legs.
Ideally, for a horse coming off a run such as hers & with an ideal racing distance of 14 - 1600m, you'd look to back up fairly quickly, having taken the edge off, over the same distance, in a big field where the pace is always on early & you can get cover. The tricky part at the present time of year with young horses is keeping them sound given the firmer tracks & the potential for heat stress so it's very much a juggling act particularly when suitable races may not be programmed to suit Smile
By no means is this 'advising the trainer of Maglissa' how to train, rather pointing out a few facts involved Smile
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:42pm
Don't want to step on Toltrice's toes.
However Maglissa's always been a bit of a challenge for the stable, particularly in earlier preps, and a number of initiatives and gear changes have been employed over time to help her learn, settle etc.
Sometimes it just takes time and continued effort which the connections are well aware of, and the stable will undoubtedly wait until the penny drops before throwing her in the deep end.

Which may not be until next prep, as inferred by Toltrice.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:42pm
By what your saying Toltrice. It sounds like she is at the end of her campaign and probably over the top on the day. Hope she is in the paddock now if that's the case. Good luck with her. She is a goodun as they say! And deserves to be looked after.
Mental View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:41pm
Looks a borderline midweek winter prospect at best.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:49pm
And you fella, judging by your posts, are clearly a chro-magnon at best.  Tongue 
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:51pm
Shadow role might help get her head down...
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Mental Mental wrote:

I'm starting to look forward to your predictably moronic & gloomy posts Mental, you clearly don't waste money on 'uppers' LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:14pm
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:15pm
crap !  done it again !  waited 2 mins for it to post and it comes up blank ! !
anyway, thanks for the laugh Gay.

animals before people.
There off! View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote There off! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:34pm

I'm starting to look forward to your predictably moronic & gloomy posts Mental, you clearly don't waste money on 'uppers' LOL

It would take more than uppers to help fix him up.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:42pm

As someone that has had shares in 3 horses, of which only 1 raced for an unplaced effort, I would kill for a midweek winter prospect!!
Muppetmaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muppetmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by There off! There off! wrote:

It would take more than uppers to help fix him up.

Any links ???

civilisation - the social process whereby societies achieve an advanced stage of development and organization
Toltrice View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toltrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 11:09pm
No offence taken RFF - I'm aware she has been a challenge for the stable. Horses are individuals - some just take longer to learn than others.

Owing racehorses teaches you patience ;)
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 12:07pm

Race 5 - 4:00PM Sportingbet Handicap (1600 METRES)
Of $35,000.1st $21,000, 2nd $6,300, 3rd $3,150, 4th $1,575, 5th $875, 6th $420, 7th $420, 8th $420, 9th $420, 10th $420
BenchMark 72, Handicap, Minimum Weight 54kg, Three-Years-Old, Fillies, Apprentices can claim.
This race carries a SUPER VOBIS Nominators Bonus of $3,000 and a SUPER VOBIS Owners Bonus of $7,000 for qualified horses.

Field Limit: 16 + 4 EM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
115x2011HAZARDAnthony FreedmanJohn Kissick (a3)760kg72
225x6541313EVENSDarren WeirBrad Rawiller657.5kg67
345x114MAGLISSARobbie GriffithsDamien Thornton (a3)257.5kg67
49x97x5113SHE’S MISSINGDavid HayesChad Schofield (a1.5)1057kg66
521SCARLETINIJohn SadlerThomas Sadler (a3)955kg62
6815DANZOOBob DonatMs Rebecca Williams(a3)454.5kg61
7044631FIRST BLOOMDarren WeirBen Melham854.5kg61
84x45x4471SILVER TRINKETColin & Cindy AldersonGlen Boss154kg60
999x718739LA PEPPERAllen BrowellCory Parish354kg57
106035596544JUST BONNIERobbie LaingJake Duffy (a2)554kg54
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 1:08pm
I don't know why you would run her over a mile with a kid on board when she pulled like a dentist over 1400 with a senior rider. I hope I'm wrong and the connections here get a win but good luck trying to get her to settle . 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 2:21pm
She doesn't look like a boys horse, still learing what it's all about. Needs strong senior riders
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 2:32pm
Yeah, especially as Vlad did such a good job last start Wink
Weirs', Hayes' &/or possibly Sadlers' (up from 1200m) could well go forward to set a reasonable pace in which case, with the edge off her from last week, she may well settle. Alternatively if it's playing to leaders (pattern should be established by then) & no one wants the front, she could take up the running uncontested with the rest expecting her to stop. The kid goes well on front runners too Smile

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Jan 2013 at 2:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>