Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Puissance De Lune

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Puissance De Lune
    Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 6:45pm
Having just checked out his breeding, it looks a beautifully constructed pedigree with dups of Rahy, Mr P, Nth. Dancer & Halo all within 5 gens, equally distributed between sire & dam. The build up continues throughout.
I've no idea who Round Hill Stud is but the product is well worthy of the thoughtful input. No idea on suitable mating lines but plenty of others will, I'm sure Smile
Interestingly TP has his dosage down as 'Earlycomer' & Speed' LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 8:08pm
Well he has speed that's for sure :)
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 8:42pm
I would suggest that your version of TesioPower would do well by updating the Chefs-de-race list.  Simon was never a great one for updating it, but not sure what the new owners will do. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 8:50pm
And it is about 5 yo old Wink  with no subscribed to updates since I bought it!!
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
John H View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 7:14pm
Puissance de Lune's Dosage figures are as follows:

DP: 4-4-12-0-0 (20)

DI: 2.33

CD: 0.60

Giant's Causeway (sire of Shamardal sire of P de L) was a fairly recent addition to the Chef-de-Race list as a Classic influence and Unbridled (sire of Unbridled's Song, the sire of the dam of P de L) not too long ago was also added as a Brilliant/Intermediate chef, the logic for which I found totally confusing. Not that Unbridled was not a worthy candidate, but I did raise an eyebrow at the "speed orientated" classification for a stallion I think most others would see as an influence for US classic stamina.

Looking a bit closer into P de L's 4 gen-ped, cases could also be made for accounting for the influence of the major sires Machiavellian, Rahy, Northfields & Troy (all non-chefs), which overall would add more stamina to his DP than seen now.

I have long advised against reliance on Tesiopower's ratings given my own findings.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 7:23pm
I suspect that Dr Roman has classified Unbridled a little on the basis of suspecting that Unbridled's Song will be a stamina influence, and is looking at the two a little in conjunction.  Shamardal of course is out of a full sister to Street Cry, a stallion who no doubt contributes something by way of stamina to his progeny.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 7:30pm
Interesting comments indeed John.

This horse has clrear ability, even if the times/sectionals in both his recent stakes wins arguably suggest he goes well off a walk and 600m sprint.  It'll be .  Certainly hope he franks his recent form.

Would however like to view him in the flesh, as more than a few Shamardal's are bad legged.  Whilst Unbridleds Song was a huge disappointment downunder producing very tall ordinary boned types.

Interesting times nonetheless.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:14am
His sister debuts in the morning at 2.40 at Newbury. 

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 2:33pm
Massively impressive win over night.
reductio ad absurdum
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 2:38pm
What is her name ?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 2:44pm
Princess de Lune
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:01pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:28pm
Her time compared to the other 7 furlong races on the day is massively impressive.

Can I say that again ?

MASSIVELY IMPRESSIVE

reductio ad absurdum
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:40pm
Has some talent , wonder if she will come here?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Has some talent , wonder if she will come here?

Owned by her breeders, I doubt she will go anywhere.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:58pm
Racing Post Analysis

The quicker division by a considerable margin, 2.88sec to be precise, with a very promising performance from Princess De Lune. Previous winners of this maiden for unraced fillies include Group 1 scorer Promising Lead.

PRINCESS DE LUNE, who came in for solid support, was green and misbehaved in the preliminaries so it says plenty for her ability that she could win so well. She still showed her inexperience, hanging across the track when coming with her run and flashing her tail in front, so can surely do even better with this debut behind her. A big-framed grey, she's out of a mare who has produced a string of winners.

Alnaas, a half-sister to smart Irish performer Tamadhor, was tongue tied for this debut. She had little chance as it turned out with the wide-margin winner, but she knew her job and showed plenty of promise.

Tirania ' whose sale price increased considerably as a yearling to 370,000euros, is a sister to Penkenna Princess who won the Fred Darling at this fixture in 2005 and was short-headed in the Irish Guineas. She stuck on to claim third on the line and should be winning races.

Domitilla, first foal of an Italian Listed winner at 1m2f, was both keen early on and hung when some pressure was applied, but she showed promise for the stable that had the third in the first division.

Tenby Two, equipped with an eyeshield for this debut, passed rivals late on. She's bred to need 1m2f plus.

Poana is a half-sister to Group 3 scorer Pontenuovo out of a Prix Maurice de Gheest winner. Sent off favourite for a yard in red-hot form, she showed good early pace but capitulated somewhat tamely. She's probably better than this. [Richard Lowther]

QUOTES: Princess De Lune is from a family that have a few characteristics, but she's always been very talented and I nearly ran her as a two-year-old. She's a big, tall filly who should have a future. She doesn't wear back shoes - I don't think the blacksmith would get near her - and we'll take our time from here - Roger Charlton, trainer.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:26pm
2-88 sec, that's a margin!...certainly looks the part.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

2-88 sec, that's a margin!...certainly looks the part.

She was over 3 lengths faster than the 0-100 handicap won by a 92 rated steed over the same trip earlier in the day.

reductio ad absurdum
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:47pm
Think he will fail over here.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Think he will fail over here.

Wont get the mares.

Would be great to have Lope De vega back or another son of Sharmadal
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:19pm
Yeah I wasn't taking into account his mare numbers that is another nail in his coffin.

Agree, luv the international blood because in general the price point is so much better value than your son's of the Australasian guns and they have brilliant on track resumes.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:30pm
61 live foals on the ground from his first crop that is twice as many as Star Kingdom had.

reductio ad absurdum
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:37pm
Yeah an absolute freak Star Kingdom luv his presence in my broodmare.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:42pm
I hope he makes it - love his pedigree.

60 odd live & likely to be 3YOs - hope he gets enough year 3 & 4
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:49pm
LOL

I thought I'd cop a wrap over the knuckles for using Star Kingdom as an example. 
reductio ad absurdum
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:51pm
I would love him to Gov but doubt it.

Was he tough, consistent, resiliant in his short career.

NO, he will pass that on to progeny, NO.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 9:53pm
Probably get a couple of brilliant ones though.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

LOL

I thought I'd cop a wrap over the knuckles for using Star Kingdom as an example. 

You should but I'm feeling kind today, very little comparison between those two.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 2:08pm
Rebel Raider's first three full seasons produced 58, 57 & 66 live foals.

Although the two are not necessarily similar, they certainly cater to a similar market.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:08pm
His page is chock full of G1 performers, and there is a fair bit of speed in that family.

Not precocious Aussie speed but enough quality speed around the mile distance.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>