Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Americain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Americain
    Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:21pm
I see he has been retired. Where do you think he will stand and for how much?
I hope he stands in Oz somewhere Hopefully here in Vic.
Smashing looking horse.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:28pm
Arguably better in NZ/France.

For better or worse won't attract much of a book in Oz imo.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:35pm
Victoria would be the logical place for him to stand if he goes to stud in Australia as they seem to have the best racing program for stayers of all the states.  Wouldn't imagine he will stand for anymore than $5k-$6k.  Fear he may end up back in France as a jumps stallion eventually, hope I'm wrong.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:44pm
Vividly remember him walking past me at Moonee Valley. Not knowing who he was I remarked what a gorgeous animal that was. On finding out who he was I backed him in the resultant Moonee Valley cup. He was later slaughtered in the Melbourne Cup.
I would send him a mare or two, definately.

Ash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

Vividly remember him walking past me at Moonee Valley. Not knowing who he was I remarked what a gorgeous animal that was. On finding out who he was I backed him in the resultant Moonee Valley cup. He was later slaughtered in the Melbourne Cup.

Will shuttle between the U.S and either Vic /Nsw according to Ryan.
AussieOi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieOi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

Will shuttle between the U.S and either Vic /Nsw according to Ryan.

Really hope thats true, i would definately send him a mare or two!
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 9:42pm
I think he's a lovely stallion prospect, you won't be able to sell progeny initially but let's hope he's here long enough to get a reasonable chance
Spearmint View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spearmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 9:47pm
My guess would be at a place like Swettenham in Vic at a fee of about $12k. It will be tough going but he is by Dynaformer. a good looking type of thoroughbred and classy racehorse. I think he has something to offer and could possibly make it as a stallionGeek
"Nothing in the world is so powerful as an idea whose time has come"
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 10:07pm
Interesting choice Spearmint. It might take a leap of faith for one of the leading Vic studs to have a crack with him. 12 months ago his stocks were no doubt higher, and his fee would have been too.
Something about him though that I really do like.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 11:48pm

LOL.    i vividly remember him sauntering past me out in the forest gallops at Chantilly !   he looked such a stunner I ask, just tongue in cheek,   "is that Americain "?   and when they said YES, I couldnt believe my luck !
what a stunner !
animals before people.
don View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 5:27am
At his age it is difficult to see a commercial stud career or the ability to generate sufficient to cover shuttling costs.Nice horse though.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 9:02am
If he's a reasonable price I've already got him picked out for pom pom girl.

She's a big powerful mare from the same female family, on types I should end up with an impressive specimen
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:02am
I really do hope he stays around in Australia, we need these sires down here weather they are commercially viable now or not, in time they will be very important, why has the industry decided that it has no patience anymore..it really pisses me off that we have lost the art of patience and being able to see further into the future than 6 months and return and on investment.

I'd send a mare/s to Americain every year if he stayed around these parts, wish I had the coin to buy him outright as a stallion, I would buy him and stand him here permanently myself.

SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:13pm
Heard a whisper.  Swettenham.  Been discussing it for a while, I believe
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
SJW View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 5:57pm
Good on them. If you build it they will come. He would attract a lot of very good mates even if primarily breed to race. 12k is about right, no more though. Are there any other affordable dynafirmer stallions in the country?
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 5:42pm
The industry needs staying stallions. This guy would be perfect to kick it off. SYT will get some of the best mares. Green Moon to follow suit.

May be a low service fee, over time, I can see him producing great classic and cups types.

As mentioned on retro. With the influx of euro imports, race clubs should all re-install the major city 2 mile cups.
Spearmint View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spearmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:28pm
Just read on RVL website that He will stand in the USA and shuttle to Australlia at a stud either in NSW or Victoria!!!
Funny thing is when you click on the link in the announcement about the profile of Americain,
it takes you to his bio and it says he is an 8 yo GELDING  Ermm
LOL
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Spearmint Spearmint wrote:

Just read on RVL website that He will stand in the USA and shuttle to Australlia at a stud either in NSW or Victoria!!!
Funny thing is when you click on the link in the announcement about the profile of Americain,
it takes you to his bio and it says he is an 8 yo GELDING  Ermm
LOL
a gelding at stud.  what a scam.  LOL
vontastic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vontastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 10:05pm
Melbourne Cup winner Americain (USA) will stands his first season at Calumet Farm in Kentucky in 2013, his fee set at $20,000.

Calumet Farm purchased a half share in the son of Dynaformer from Australian owners Gerry and Val Ryan and Kevin and Colleen Bamford.

No announcement on his Australian stud plans have been made.
Spearmint View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spearmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:30pm

My guess would be at a place like Swettenham in Vic at a fee of about $12k. It will be tough going but he is by Dynaformer. a good looking type of thoroughbred and classy racehorse. I think he has something to offer and could possibly make it as a stallionGeek

Bingo!!!

Just announced he will stand at Swettenham at a fee of $12.5k!!!

Hope he gets his chanceClap
Sequi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sequi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:47pm
Well done Spearmint Big smile
AussieOi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieOi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:12pm

Bingo!!!

Just announced he will stand at Swettenham at a fee of $12.5k!!!

Hope he gets his chanceClap

At that price i definately think he will get a great chance. Now to find a nice mare for him Wink Who suits Dynaformer??
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:44pm
A little expensive in the current climate don't y'all think ?

Panspermia.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:55pm
They'll probably deal, makes him attractive if you are looking to breed that miler middle distance horse where all the prize money is.

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:03pm
Would of thought around 8-10k was more in line with his worth, but if doing deals, will probably get you that anyways ??

Panspermia.
Mental View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:03pm
Swettanham? It was nice knowing ya americain
Sequi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sequi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:15pm
Im sure there will deals to be done.
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:18pm
Bound to have an early bird special.
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
mouse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:43pm
lovely staying horse,a little bit dear for mine!  could become another at talaq or jeune though!
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 11:17pm
Don't think americain will have a one string bow as he is from mighty dynaformer who has a vey good record of producing 2yr olds and most of his runners were from 1400 to 1800 although his real elite were 2000 to 3200 and arazi produces both as well 12 k or there abouts isn't over the top IMO given what a lot of lesser performed stallions command more he will get a good book no probs there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>