Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Sam Kavanagh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 9:57am
If the reporters aren't putting out the specifics, its almost certainly because their employers legal arm have told them not to.
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 10:05am
Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

Not sure if it was 7 separate trainers or 7 positives...
Whatever was covered this time round wasn't the first hearing- the alleged texts were noticeably absent from the original case transcripts... But names were mentioned and this has been the issue with publicly reporting the proceedings..
But an admission re:multiple positives (other than Smith et al) at the lab was apparently also acknowledged from that time period...
The question is- how would you all feel about covered up positives by the powers that be?? If there are a lot more than people are aware, and also from horses from respected trainers??
Would it change the perception of those accused and defending themselves now if more trainers were added to the mix?

Of course not. It doesn't make them any less guilty.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 10:08am
It is of great interest clinically if there are other positives present as the stats surrounding levels exceeding thresholds etc being so tiny would/could possibly be reviewed.. The circumstances surrounding them would be interesting, the actual levels recorded etc, explanations why/how the threshold was exceeded..
Especially if these trainers are cleanskins with no rumours etc surrounding them or their horses...
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 10:11am

Not sure if it was 7 separate trainers or 7 positives...
Whatever was covered this time round wasn't the first hearing- the alleged texts were noticeably absent from the original case transcripts... But names were mentioned and this has been the issue with publicly reporting the proceedings..
But an admission re:multiple positives (other than Smith et al) at the lab was apparently also acknowledged from that time period...
The question is- how would you all feel about covered up positives by the powers that be?? If there are a lot more than people are aware, and also from horses from respected trainers??
Would it change the perception of those accused and defending themselves now if more trainers were added to the mix?

What a strange brace of questions. If a couple of high profile businessmen embezzle is it less offensive if more are involved? Is it more acceptable if a team of athletes is on drugs rather than one or two individuals? The answer seems obvious but humans are a weird bunch at times.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 10:28am
As i said earlier. Comes across as yet another attemped diversion.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 10:41am
Yep,
When you get caught DUI by the booze bus.
You dont get a discount from the magistrate if a lot of other people hot caught as well!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 2:16pm
C'mon everyone, dig deep, forget Ben, he's got plenty, but KAV JNR needs a leg up, what say we all hit our kicks, Gerry is, good old Gerry, while we're at it, Let's all drop in to HN and pick up a tele, or a fridge, lets support Gerry as he goes into bat for poor old Sam, he'll need heaps cos Gerry has lots of slow ones, and if anyone can improve a slow one...it's Sam K......or Ben C........or Darren S....or Ben S....oh God, stop me.....it's mind bending.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 2:26pm
Apparently he might be coming back sooner than planned?
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
Racing industry gets better by the day
EAD
theshu25 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 4:32pm
I keep thinking back to all the coverage this Christmas pudding was getting in all the papers and on tv,then all the truth comes out.I personally think he made all the reporters and tv idiots look like total fools.Gee they must have some front these scumbags that get caught cheating then come back as though nothing happened.
theshu
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 4:42pm
The problem is the Gai Waterhouse effect.

Before she took the AJC to court, whatever the race club decided was the decision.

Now if you are suspended or disqualified you can fight it and if the investigation or evidence is corrupted in anyway you will have to be reinstated.

Racing survives on integrity and perception. And judges who probably have never seen a race track or horse, at these VCAT'S AND QCAT'S, are quite within their right to reverse a decision on legal issues, however the racing jurisdiction, should also have the right to reject a persons application, if their conduct and image is detrimental to the industry.

Kavanagh and Currie, may be legally able to return to training but the clubs have enough to deny them reinstatement on integrity grounds.

However the fact Gai took the AJC to court has them all running scared, so they just let them in.

I can tell you now, I will not be betting in any race that Currie or Kavanagh have runners in!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 6:05am
Good on you Voyager, and so say all of us!.....just wish there was a nation wide movement, a shoulder to arms so to speak by the not only punters, but the rank and file amongst us to deride and and deter these people from re-entering our industry. Why get up each morning at sparrows to look across the lane to see a ''reformed' cheat tying up opposite you?   Note I say reformed cheat, I don't think you can rehabilitate someone that loads up horses, or harps up........alleged at this moment of course!
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:33am
Some may say better the devil you know....
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:50am
I must say Voyager when Gai applied for her license she was a " cleanskin" , her only problem came from being the spouse of a disqualified person, Her fathers health was failing and he encouraged her to apply, after being told she would be a shoo in to be successful was knocked back because of the "spouse issue" , she then went to the Equal Opportunity Committee which overturned the decision, she's clean not like this pair of rubbish.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:44am
Was there something about this kav kid, that involved tipping horses to media or telling the public that his could not win? I remember something? TVN reporters being involved?
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I must say Voyager when Gai applied for her license she was a " cleanskin" , her only problem came from being the spouse of a disqualified person, Her fathers health was failing and he encouraged her to apply, after being told she would be a shoo in to be successful was knocked back because of the "spouse issue" , she then went to the Equal Opportunity Committee which overturned the decision, she's clean not like this pair of rubbish.

Gai is clean?
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

Was there something about this kav kid, that involved tipping horses to media or telling the public that his could not win? I remember something? TVN reporters being involved?

Brent Zerafa got penalised- ?? publicly tipped against a horse he had privately backed and had text tips from John ‘The Ghost’ Camilleri on his phone.. Camilleri was implicated in drenching the horses iirc??
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 2:22pm

Gai is clean?

Do you know different? lol...compared to these two she is beyond reproach.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:11pm

Gai is clean?

Do you know different? lol...compared to these two she is beyond reproach.
Agree, chalk and cheese......I'd give a horse to Gai, I'd give a rocket to these two.......Sam, I'll never forget the laugh, thought we were all below him, like his old man......how does it go? never forget those you meet on the way up, cos sure as hell, you'll meet em on the way down......#FOCKERS
starcraft View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:28pm
Ouch

Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

Brent Zerafa got penalised- ?? publicly tipped against a horse he had privately backed and had text tips from John ‘The Ghost’ Camilleri on his phone.. Camilleri was implicated in drenching the horses iirc??
starcraft View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:29pm
Thumbs Down
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:08pm
Anyone care to recount stories on Sam's nefarious practices from his former trackriders. I know some first hand. They are illuminating . But I doubt anyone who knows what Sam used to do would be shocked
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

The problem is the Gai Waterhouse effect.

Before she took the AJC to court, whatever the race club decided was the decision.

Now if you are suspended or disqualified you can fight it and if the investigation or evidence is corrupted in anyway you will have to be reinstated.

Racing survives on integrity and perception. And judges who probably have never seen a race track or horse, at these VCAT'S AND QCAT'S, are quite within their right to reverse a decision on legal issues, however the racing jurisdiction, should also have the right to reject a persons application, if their conduct and image is detrimental to the industry.

Kavanagh and Currie, may be legally able to return to training but the clubs have enough to deny them reinstatement on integrity grounds.

However the fact Gai took the AJC to court has them all running scared, so they just let them in.

I can tell you now, I will not be betting in any race that Currie or Kavanagh have runners in!

According to who? The courts have overriding jurisdiction, as they must. Clubs can't just act as emperor. They've been embarrassed by this cobalt thing, but that's because their rules and processes were so dreadful to start with. F*ck them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334