Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

I Am Invincible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Am i mistaken that Lonhro has been pretty poor as a broodmare sire?

It's a bit early, not many runners yet, but at this stage he's looking good.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 3:56pm
That 2yo in Queensland looks good.  Very fast and could of been forgiven for collapsing after that run but moved away instead.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 11:10pm
Very impressive it was.  IAI is on a roll , for sure.
animals before people.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 1:50pm
Has he got anything notable contesting Spring Carnival races?  I think he needs to get some more performing at the higher levels now to sustain the current service fee.  $55k is up with the big boys and people will forget Brazen Beau's exploits fairly quickly if IIA is only producing minor stakes winners.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:00pm
Not sure Lordy but I think I saw a three year old win very impressively recently.  Have to wait and see if it crops up in one on the spring races.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:21pm
Hellbent?
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Hellbent?

Very good & wait till it takes a sit. 
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Not sure Lordy but I think I saw a three year old win very impressively recently.  Have to wait and see if it crops up in one on the spring races.
He's had a number of horses look great in the lower grades.  So far only Brazen Beau has stepped up to the top level.  His service fee has gone from $11k to $55k in two seasons.  He will need more than impressive midweek winners to keep it there.  Let's see how some of these step up over the next 12 months.

Served some huge books last few years including 211 last year at $27,500.  Based on those numbers he'll have every chance of getting a couple of top ones.

Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 12:59am
Agree Lordy.

However I do have a really good feel about this stallion going forward.

With the numbers you've suggested he should really make his presence felt & be a great force in years to come. I believe he's overdue to throw a really good one & at the highest level!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 9:12am
134 runners 92 winners 9 stakes winners is a pretty good effort so far
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 9:49am
Originally posted by bradjm bradjm wrote:

134 runners 92 winners 9 stakes winners is a pretty good effort so far
Its excellent.  I'm not doubting his productivity to date, particularly considering he was standing at $11k when he produced these runners.  Far exceeded initial expectations. These expectations change though when you stand at $55k.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 11:07am
Well put together animal imo , and seems to transfer that to quite a lot of his progeny. He is doing exceptionally well considering his overall race record , Yarraman seem to be able to spot a value buy for their suitors .
$55000, well looks like people are  lining up to pay that ,so, in reality as they say, you only get the money you want if some one Is willing to pay that price , that that they are in droves .Certainly a lot of educated risk takers are counting their chickens at the moment off his wonderful sale figures .
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 9:29pm
He had another smart winner in Adelaide today, Yoenis winning by 3.3 lengths after leading all the way.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 9:56pm
Also had a nice winner in RomaConfused
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Ringlock Ringlock wrote:

He had another smart winner in Adelaide today, Yoenis winning by 3.3 lengths after leading all the way.

Yoenis won again today, again by 3 lengths, and this time set a track record for the 1250m
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 7:06pm
Yarraman 1 , fools and their money 0
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 12:04am
I can't find the thread but I mentioned IAI will come back to the field.

Fools Gold !!!
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 4:50am
Well thats a pretty obvious statement. His standout was a colt that was retired, pretty obvious he'd come back to them at least a little.
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 6:23pm
To predict any stallion on fire will come back to the field is a easy one to predict. Think of any sire thats been on fire over the last 10 - 20yrs... Encosta / Redoutes.. they all have good years then fall away a bit.

The thing will be if he continues to sell well. The trainers want them cos they get up and run early. If they still win as 2yos they will still make good money. His fee, although we may all think it's excessive.. may just stay at that mark!

Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 7:11pm

This stallion is hardly on fire, and really never has been. He is and has been doing a good if not very good job, but on fire ?

troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 8:21pm
LOL lulu.. I wouldnt mind owning a sire who quadrupled his service fee in a few years

call it what you will.. he's been a success even if he is looking like he's only had 1 real headliner
I liked him as a racehorse, but then I also liked his sireline.. the stud where he stands have done a good job getting sires up and running so I wont knock them or the horse

sounds like tall poppy otherwise? I cant afford him, but wont knock him / them. 
Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 4:44pm
Big smile Troppo , I too wouldn't mind owning a stallion that quadrupled his service fee in a few years. Who wouldn't?
The fact remains that he is now nearing the elite bracket service fee wise and he is far from on fire.

This is not a game to knock tall poppies in. The tall poppies control it. You either sort the wheat from the chaff , then join in or piss off backwards at a rate of knots.

Hats off to anyone who sent mares to this bloke in previous years.
Good luck to anyone who sends a mare this season. You are going to need it.

Better commercially IMHO to spend 40 on his son Brazen Beau.

troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 4:55pm
I like Brazen but he's thrown to his dam pretty strongly on his looks.  He has that Snaadee look about him. He does look great, but the damline is a shocker. I agree that I.A.I is up there in his fee. I think the stud has fired him up higher than he should be, but I think the same of B.B. The Brazen foals will make money and be supported in the sales by Darley. He will sell well and will probably go up in fee (sounds insane I know)... it's just how the market works. Anything first season, second season goes like hot cakes. 

Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 4:59pm
As long as his popular with asian based owners, they will sell well and his fee will remain up.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 5:03pm
Exactly troppo.
My reasoning for sending one to BB this season. The market buying these hotcakes will quickly move off IAI if he doesn't at least produce a BB every season.  Those who spend 50 k this year will be hoping he can.
With first season tyro's at least the pressure is only on to produce a cracking type. Smile. The bullgelati and stud hype will take care of the rest.

Cheers
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:21pm
I cannot follow the negativity on this thread about a stallion who clearly has upgraded his mares dramatically in his first three seasons at stud. Remember, he got nothing mares in the first few years, but has produced a consistent flow of winners, invariably better than their dams.
If you look at the sales statistics it's not Asian buyers who've been purchasing at the yearling sales ...it's local trainers. Asian sales have been minimal.
In the past two seasons he's had a much higher standard of mare booked and it's reasonable to argue that if you send a Group pedigreed mare to him, compared to a non-winner, you'll get a better foal.
And there has been no gelati from Yarraman Park. They are more up front and open about their stallions than just about anyone.
You don't have to pay $55k. If you can't afford it, find something cheaper.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:42pm
Outstanding stallion who I rate highly. Best is yet to come. 

A bit light on stakeswinners last season, but still produced a few & ranked 5th on winners/runners. However it is really 1st as the top 4 are not available. 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 4:17pm
This classic sale would be very quiet without the I am Invincible.  Did anyone see the $410K one.  I wasn't home and missed it.  It does seem that trainers like them and because he throws an outstanding type people keep buying them.  Still if he had bad feet why do they keep insisting on the Canny Lad cross.  I remember he had to be trained at the beach coming up to the slipper because of feet troubles.
rem286 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem286 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:15pm
I was there last night and today.  The $410k lot was a nice type, but all of the IAI seem to be. Regardless of pedigree they all bought decent money.  Some topsy turvy results at this sale, quite a few people surprised at a few lots that went for either way unders or way overs.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 6:42pm
A quiet Autumn for him so far.  Still not seeing anything emerge.  Will he stay at $55k for the upcoming season?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>