Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

I Am Invincible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Am Invincible
    Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 9:35pm
cant find any threads on this bloke. wondered what  his first foals are like and what peoples thoughts are re the $11000 service fee. Cheers Slowdown
Faster Runner View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faster Runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:23pm
He could be the sleeping giant.
Speed machine and an outstanding type. The colt I saw at the weanling sale was a great type and sold well.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:39pm
Cheers for the reply Faster. 
TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 12:35am
Let you know in a couple of months got one on the way 
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 7:50am
Cheers Toledo. that would be great
travo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by TOLEDO TOLEDO wrote:

Let you know in a couple of months got one on the way 

What are the thoughts now his crop are selling well at recent sales?
It's only a rort if you're not in it.......
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 8:50pm
His first runner is a winner!
Vinnie Eagle won easily at Ruakaka in NZ today. Can't have a better start than that...one runner, one winner.
Have heard trainers here with good reports on I Am Invincible 2-year-olds include Gerald Ryan, Peter Moody and Ron Quinton.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 9:07pm
Beautifully matched mating too Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Nostradamus II View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nostradamus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 11:06am
Beat me to it. Danzig 4x4, Kris 4x4, Northern Dancer 5x5x5, Never Bend 6x6, Natalma 6x6x6x6 but I really love the Sharpen Up 5x4x5. Strong sire line behind I Am Invincible too...Invincible Spirit/Green Desert.

The dam Sweet Maggie has had 2 foals for 2 winners. Granddam strong performer with 5 runners, 4 winners including G1 winner Nashville.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 9:46pm
Had a slick trial winner in Syd this morning.
Fremz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fremz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:05pm
Saw the trial of the filly trial winner this morning, looks very smart
for those about to punt, we salute you...
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 2:43pm
I Am Invincible fillies ran 2nd and 3rd in a strong race at Warwick Farm today. I Am Snippety, from a Snippets mare, showed tremendous speed to lead and fought on. Uratta Belle, from a Commands mare, came from back in the field, finishing strongly. Gai's runner was an easy winner but these two showed a fair bit of ability.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 2:44pm
Gee this horse has started well; another winner, this time Listed, Doomben, Bassillique, at his 1st run Smile
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 3:13pm
And one at flemington.

On fire
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faster Runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 4:08pm
Now leading the 1st. Season sires by pmoney . They all seem to have ability. If you are lucky enough to have a yearling they will sell well now
amateur View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 11:06am
His dad, Invincible Spirit used to hold the (UK... I think?) record of 38 1st-crop 2yo winners in a season until Iffraaj broke it by a winner or two.  So a good juvenile record for IAI is definitely on the cards!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 1:03pm
And another,  ILLUSTRIOUS LAD in Adelaide at his 1st start, trained by Gelagotis & ridden by apprentice Cartright who did a good job to almost ignore the 3 or 4 pigroots after the start; no wonder he was sparing with the stick, in the straight, smart kid Wink
Flight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

And another, 
                      ILLUSTRIOUS LAD in Adelaide at his 1st start, trained by Gelagotis & ridden by apprentice Cartright who did a good job to almost ignore the 3 or 4 pigroots after the start; no wonder he was sparing with the stick, in the straight, smart kid Wink

Excellent ride. Could not believe it was a 3kg kid as he did not panic at any point.

Great start for the stallion. The few I have seen are lovely types.   
“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 10:14pm
Admit to being biased because I have a few, but as one Randwick trainer said to me this week: "Every trainer wants an I Am Invincible." They are going really well. Those that don't win tend to be placed (2nd and 3rd at Warwick Farm behind Echo Gal) and Divided House in Perth today was flattened in the first 200 metres and lucky to stay on her feet.
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 10:23pm
The gang at Yarraman are masters.
They know how to get a good stallion that will keep trainers and owners/breeders interested.
They are also very good at the promotion without promoting caper.
I don't have one
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Ringlock Ringlock wrote:

"Every trainer wants an I Am Invincible."  
16 lots going through the Magic Millions in a couple of weeks.  Will give a good idea of how much interest there is.  Some very nice types looking at the pics.
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 3:54pm
Pretty impressive Group winner today at Ellerslie. The invincibles are doing a fine job all over. Hope this doesn't naturally translate to a 100% or more increase in the service fees.
runnerdance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runnerdance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 5:35pm
Would have to think hell spoke to 22k. He did a massive book of 170 this season... think they cop 120-130 next season at twice the fee. Interesting to see book numbers for this season... general theme most books dropped off. Horse like Starcraft was down to 50-60 for memory...interesting to see what he and others stand at next year
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 6:43pm
Its a bit too early to get excited with service fees or if he will be doubled. I can recall a couple of sires starting out well of recent times.. Domesday and Dane Shadow. Both of these sires were expected to go on to bigger and better things.

Early winners are nice, but it would be foolish to jack his price right up. By keeping his price realistic the stud can still get the same sort of clients and give something back.

Yeah.. I believe in Santa Wink
Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:02pm
it's still early days but IAI has had a terrific start to his career. Let's see how they sell at MM and the Classic Sale. The Mitchells may well decide to put up his fee but they are pretty conservative and realistic ... look at how they kept Magic Albert at a very affordable fee when he was producing a string of good winners. Yarraman Park are one of the best studs to deal with. I expect Hinchinbrook's yearlings to be very much in demand this year, so they could have 2 of the hottest young sires on their books ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runnerdance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:09pm
i am not suggesting to get on the IAI train but history tells you that studs wont wait pump him up... and his service fee. As per previous post i think numbers covered suggests a big correction coming... i think across the board 20%+++ (advertised fees). I stand corrected and i might be wrong but recall IAI was a terrible bleeder... might be a knock on his stock training on beyond pre xmas 2yos???
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runnerdance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:11pm
Dont you think for a second the Mitchells will get the warm and fuzzies... and cut you a break. Great operators but business and business... if money to be had dont you worry they will snatch and grab
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faster Runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 9:27pm
He was not a bleeder but had feet trouble, like invincible spirit himself I Am Invincible trained on and improved as he got older. With 2 stakes winners already I doubt you can wait and see , you will be lucky to get a look in. Like I predicted earlier in this thread the giant is now well awake
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 9:54am
And this one proves the Danehill cross can work. And what do we have in abundance in Australia. Danehill mares.
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 7:12pm
Only 3 offered on the first day at MM, but what sensational results. Almost unbelievable.

Lot 116, colt from a Faslyiev mare, $260,000
Lot 126, colt from an unraced Tale of the Cat mare, a first foal, $190,000 (Michael Freedman, Singapore)
Lot 188, filly from a Zeditave mare, $440,000 (Tony Cavanagh, Melbourne bloodstock agent)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>