Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

I Am Invincible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotto7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 9:07am
Apart from Brazen Beau he has thrown a group 2 winner, a group 3 winner and a couple of listed winners. This season he has a couple of listed winners and sits 28th on the sires list behind the likes of Al Maher, Husson, Blackfriars, Magnus and co. Would not like to have a mare in foal to him at $55k at the moment despite the fact they have sold well enough this year. Really needs to get his skates on.
tally View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by lotto7 lotto7 wrote:

Apart from Brazen Beau he has thrown a group 2 winner, a group 3 winner and a couple of listed winners. This season he has a couple of listed winners and sits 28th on the sires list behind the likes of Al Maher, Husson, Blackfriars, Magnus and co. Would not like to have a mare in foal to him at $55k at the moment despite the fact they have sold well enough this year. Really needs to get his skates on.

I wish I had  couple 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 5:19pm
Win here win there they win everywhere.  And the sales ring has become even more hot for him this season.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 5:31pm
.Swynford. View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote .Swynford. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 6:49pm
Love this pedigree

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 6:54pm
Yep been following it but outside barrier really stuffed it's chances tomorrow.  I call this the like to like pedigree.  Danzig, Canny Lad, Sharpen Up, Sir Ivor, Double Sure, Zeditave 1n to I am Invincible's 1n family.  Really well thought out pedigree and glad it worked.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 6:56pm
And yes Canny Lad is there twice but 3 x 5 isn't anything as close as the 2 x 3 which have worked against Canny as alot of his daughters kept going to Redoute's and son as well.
.Swynford. View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote .Swynford. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:03pm
This one interesting also.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:22pm
check out the pedigree numbers list Swyford.  I list the I am Invincibles I followed out of the sales.  First year included Illustrious Lad, Voodoo Lad, Silvent Whisper, Uratta Belle with their black type.  Next season best from four were I Told Georgie and Invincible Heart.  2013 the prices were getting dearer again so I pice Ecksein from the weaning sales and Show Bender also which has had a win.  While from the yearling sales Rafha's Choice and Sundance and three others.  I'm skipping the double Bletchingly male cross till something comes out and is better that the ones I've had with that cross.  The m x f seems better.

2014 crop I'm following only have three starters = Invincible Star, Houtzen and Luiza.  I also picked a cheap weaning from the Fanfreluche family I Am Twisted but don't expect much from that one.  The 1-n cross is working.  But there are plenty of other entries into I am Invincibles pedigree for successful crosses and he has no Danehill (only the one Danzig line) so that helps also.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:36pm
Look at the pedigrees from the MM sales.  Some interesting cheaper ones include the Kylie $100K, Octavia $200K, the sister to Invincible Star $230K, Most Secret $170K, Viennese Lass $240K (different but very interesting from the Snitzel family), Quality Impulse (once again not obvious but interesting with the Green Desert/Danehill cross and the Bold Promise family) $120K

So you didn't have to just go for the $500+ lots although I had to knock  Is Amazing and Furline out there.  Have to probably knock down the above depending on sales throughout the year but the class of mare is definately better that previous years.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:53pm
My other half has just signed up for a share in the I am Inv x Most Secret filly. She is going to be trained by Mick Price. Exciting times ahead .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 10:04pm
100% clearance rate , gotta be happy with that too.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:37am
All off a $27,500 service fee.  No wonder none have been passed in.  The least sold is still making a profit for the breeders.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:29pm
Seven runners today. 1st in the 2yo, 2nd in the Fillies & Mares and in the Last race, 3rd in the 3yo, 4th in the 1st race, 5th in the Cup and 6th in the 2yo.  They all ran  well.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by .Swynford. .Swynford. wrote:

Love this pedigree

So do I!!!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:56pm
Agree guys, though refer an earlier post from Furious.

The Canny Lad cross can be great, but only in recessed.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:03pm
Don't wont those leg issues past on.  So wait those few generations.  Make sure the legs are right then try it.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:19pm
What were the leg issues Canny Lad passed on ? 

He had very full 2yo and 3yo seasons he had to be a tough sound horse to do what he did on the race track.
reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:26pm
He was trained off the beach because of something to do with his legs djebel.  Don't know what but I know there were issues.  Whether he injured himself I don't know.  But close crosses have not worked - on the whole.  But three/three, three/four or further back have started to work quite well.  Similar to what happened with Biscay.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:30pm
Yep, grab the Canny Lad cross at least 3 generations back .....
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:07pm
By my calcs he is no1 sire by earnings tomorrow .
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 7:32am
Yep.  Won't be there long because Winx is a Champion but it's certainly a tick in his box.
Bushy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 10:05pm
He will go to $100k plus this season is my prediction
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 4:24pm
From The Australian:

Gerry Harvey isn’t a gambler. ­Although he has invested a fortune in the Australian racing industry, the billionaire retailer never likes to risk his money to chance.

It should come as no surprise then that Harvey recently made one-time battling bookie Ray Gall an offer that most couldn’t refuse for his stallion I Am Invincible, who has become Australia’s hottest property on hind legs.

Despite naming a price that, according to Gall, equated to $30 million for his half-share in the stallion, he refused to sell.

Instead, Harvey had to settle for breeding rights to the horse, a deal that will give him one prized foal every year.

It is the surest thing in racing that some of them will be future winners.

Bought by Gall, who works as a printer, for just $67,000 as a colt in 2006, the handsome bay won four races from nine starts and retired with career winnings of $270,050.

In the breeding barn, the horse has become an internationally acclaime­d superstar, this season siring a staggering 93 winners from 177 individual starters. No horse in Australia is siring a higher ratio of winners from starters.

A modest service fee of $10,000 six years ago has risen to $55,000 and is expected to climb into six figures by the time the next ­breeding season comes around in the spring.

Track stars sired by I Am Invincible have won $7.2m, including stakes winners Brazen Beau, Illustrious Lad and I Am a Star.

“He took off from day one,” said Gall, who owns the horse with his son Brett.

“Just about all of his progeny have made the racetrack and they are not just speedsters — he’s thrown horses that can run a mile.”

Such is the demand for I Am Invincible’s service, Gall insists on northern hemisphere brood mares flying to Australia instead of risking his super stud to international travel.

“We decided not to shuttle him,’’ he said.

“He’s been very good to us so we look after him.’’

Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:58pm
2017 fee $110,000

Wow
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 8:09am
A big fee given just the two?? G1 winners... If he had sired the Golden Slipper winner maybe... will be interested to see how many bite at that end of the spectrum...
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 9:42am
Taking advantage of the strength in the ring!

Sales results (median):

2013 = $30k
2014 = $50k
2015 = $70k
2016 = $92.5k
2017 = $190k (with Easter still to come)

If he is $110k - assume Snitzel is $220k
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 9:51am
I know Redoute's is an old man now but he's a $110K figure stallion with 30 G1 winners an Oak quinella at the weekend a very creditable third in the Derby at the weekend and the sire of the sire of the moment.  I love I am Invincible but the figure is too high.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 9:32pm
IAA is sitting well in the current sires premiership albeit boosted by Houtzen winning the MM 2yo.  Last year however he was 21st on the sires list.  Thats not really a position for a $110k stallion.

I've noticed his yearling stock are very forward types which often bring good money.  On the track they all seem to go well as young horses and look exceptional coming through the grades.  Haven't seen too many train on and improve as they get older yet.  Maybe a telling fact that he hasn't really produced WFA winners.

Now he's priced up at the pinnacle of Australian stallions it will be interesting to see how he goes from this point on.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:01pm
His better bred types also just starting to come through.  On balance he should improve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>