Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

I Am Invincible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 7:45pm
He will be a breed shaper. I also think Zebdee will be a good acquisition for Cornerstone
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 9:42pm
We have two standout stallions courtesy of canny lad, great to see his blood live on.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 9:46pm
For sure - how are your lot travelling Brad?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 8:46am
And Canny's pedigree has so much in it of the great Australasian sires and raceshorses of the past. I know of no use to pedigrees today but nice to know their blood is still alive also when we went through such a long era of ignoring local blood.

You have our first Champion The Barb (Australian Derby), Melbourne Cup, Sydney Cup (twice), Great Metropolitan S etc), Goldsbrough (great early sire and grandson of Juliet my favourite imported mare), Carbine (you all know him), Wallace (great racehore -Sydney Cup, Victoria Derby, Caulfield Guineas, Champion S etc and great sire with the equivalent of 31 G1 winners off crops of between 15 and 30 foals), Martian (this time a great New Zealand sire being Champion sire there six times) and then the modern Champions Biscay and Bletchingly.  

Of course he also gives us access to imported greats both mares and stallions also who you can't find in overseas pedigrees - usually.  

Marchioness imported back in the 1850's won the Epsom Oaks.  At stud she produced two outstanding racehorses and at least three sons sired stakes winners of the like of Robinson Crusoe (by Angler) who defied the sea after he had won the AJC Derby, Champagne S and Sire's Produce S to win a further six or seven stakes and then become an outstanding sire himself.  Trident was probably his best winning the AJC & VRC Derby's, Australian Cup, AJC Sires' Produce S, Champion S, both St Legers etc.

Then there is The Welkin (sire of Furious-AJC Champagne S, Sire' Produce S, Rawson S, VRC Oaks & Derby etc, Thrice -VRC Sires' Produce S, Caulfield Guineas, AJC Champagne S, AJC Sires' Produce S, Ascot Vale S etc and his greatest son Gloaming a champion in both New Zealand and Australia.

Beau Pere can actually be found in overseas pedigrees because after he stood in both New Zealand (twice Champion sire) and Australia (three times Champion Sire) he was exported to the USA.  He was a son of a Champion filly in Cinna (ancestress of Vice Regal and Show a Heart)

And of course the more modern Star Kingdom (great sire) and Lunchtime.  

So while the imported bluebloods have some great ancestors whom we have all read about and maybe seen on film Canny Lad's family is helping keep some great blood alive also.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 9:12am
Woops forgot to add Musket and Trenton to the above list.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 1:42pm
Just looking through the 2015 MM catalogue, he certainly throws lovely types. (I AM Invincible)
chase misty View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase misty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 4:24pm
Heard a rumour that he will be standing for $50,000 next season?

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 4:27pm
Not surprised. I reckon they could get $66k :(.

He is a star!
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:38pm
$55000 fee now official !
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 7:09pm
Gee I think maybe $40,000.  I love the horse but why do our sire fees go up on Yearling Sale results.  He's serving well over 100 mares at the moment.  $55000 will knock out the little breeders unless they have bought into the horse.  Lets hope some of them have so they can keep going to him.
Off and racing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Off and racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:30pm
He's got off to a good start for an unexpected dark horse, now they have taken a lot if the value out of his fee and he is on par with some of the big boys. Listed at $11000 more you can get your mare a date with Sepoy or More than Ready I know where I would be going 10 times out of 10.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:36pm
Very good point OandR.

For me, I would still go to IAmInv before both of those.......I know shoot me!

More than Ready stats have gone off the boil (still top sire though) whilst Sepoy is untested out of the ring... but he will be good.

I sound like a Yarrman Park employee - but the results achieved by Iam Inv in the first 2 years are rarely seen. HE is a standout. Unless he has a shocker in subsequent years, his results will make a big impact to the industry.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:02pm
That's a massive jump in fee. I mentioned in another thread about Starcraft kicking butt with his first crop but went off the boil later on. Those that went to him at his inflated service fee took a bath when those finally hit the sales.

You would like to see IamI get a few real good ones with his 2nd crop before jumping in at that price.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:02pm
Sepoy unproven mtr on the wane

Iai performing of pretty average mares

I know where I'd be going 10 times out of 10
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

That's a massive jump in fee. I mentioned in another thread about Starcraft kicking butt with his first crop but went off the boil later on. Those that went to him at his inflated service fee took a bath when those finally hit the sales.

You would like to see IamI get a few real good ones with his 2nd crop before jumping in at that price.

Yes but starcraft got a good book of mares

You could have got into Iai for 5k a couple of years back, the quality of mare would have jumped considerably last season
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by bradjm bradjm wrote:

Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Yes but starcraft got a good book of mares

You could have got into Iai for 5k a couple of years back, the quality of mare would have jumped considerably last season

You would still want to see him continue to kick goals beyond his first crop when they jump from $5k to $55k
sweetvictory View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetvictory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 12:19pm
Too greedy Too quick IMO Obviously the demand is there but i don't think he's earned such a price tag as yet, maybe a few more group winners.
3..2..1..Big rocket go now!
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by sweetvictory sweetvictory wrote:

Too greedy Too quick IMO Obviously the demand is there but i don't think he's earned such a price tag as yet, maybe a few more group winners.

$55K places him among some of the top stallions such as EDL, MTR, Snitzel, Sebring etc. He'll need to get a few stakeswinners with his 2nd crop to justify that.

Then again you could also argue he's achieved a lot more At stud than the likes of Pierro and All Too Hard who cost more.   
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 6:07pm
I agree with O&R.. I would place him before MTR and Sepoy.

Been looking at the types he's throwing even at the lesser upcoming Inglis Summer sale, they are beauties. They keep running as 2yos and it's what the market wants.

I'm quite surprised more studs haven't jumped onto the Invincible Spirit factor. At least my local boys at Cornerstone have woken up to it. Inv Spirit clicks out here. 
Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 7:31pm
His results with the average quality of mares he has served is outstanding and Yarraman Park deserve a fee increase but at  $55k it places him up against the better sires so it will be interesting what demand he attracts in that market at that price .

He is stamping his progeny with mares he has been serving so it might not make as much difference as you think to his results with better quality mares.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 10:18pm
Will be interesting what price Zebdee comes up!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:30am
I heard Sam Hayes about 6/8wks ago on Breeding with Shane Anderson & for some reason I have about 11k stuck in my mind as the figure they'd be working around.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Stoney View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:02pm
At $11k and trading down off of that I think Zebedee should get good patronage, maybe they will have a rethink in light of where IAI has been set?
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Stoney Stoney wrote:

At $11k and trading down off of that I think Zebedee should get good patronage, maybe they will have a rethink in light of where IAI has been set?

Maybe - but unproven in Aus & its the land of the Aus sprinter not UK sprinter.

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 9:02pm
A lot to like about Zebedee's female line also , not too shabby imo.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 9:17pm
wonder how much first season...?
ENJOY View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENJOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 8:13am
Captain Gerrard again. 
chase misty View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase misty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 8:23am

I have heard that the fee isn't set yet but thinking $14 - $15,000 may trade down on multiple bookings. Another unrelated stud has booked 12 mares in. I have booked a mare in. Invincible Spirit is obviously working in Australia and this horse is a proven stallion. It is all a risk but much cheaper than IamI plus the first season factor should work for him in the sale ring.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 9:33am
Originally posted by chase misty chase misty wrote:

I have heard that the fee isn't set yet but thinking $14 - $15,000 may trade down on multiple bookings. Another unrelated stud has booked 12 mares in. I have booked a mare in. Invincible Spirit is obviously working in Australia and this horse is a proven stallion. It is all a risk but much cheaper than IamI plus the first season factor should work for him in the sale ring.

Of course the difference is iai is out of a nice colonial canny lad mare
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 11:57am
The double of Rockefella in IS going to sit well with bletchingly and danzig , 4 out of the 5 IAI stakeswinners give testiment t to that .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>