Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

So You Think $66,000 !!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So You Think $66,000 !!!!!
    Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 3:52pm
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 9:13pm
What do you see in him Nobody from a physical side ? Interested . 
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 9:03pm
I'd be interested to see if he can become a sire of sires.  Looking forward to D'Argentos runners from next season
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 1:09pm
bugger I was hoping for Lonhro sireline.  Pretty sure none of that in Japan.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 1:02pm
Palaisipan Last race,now of to the breeding barn in Japan I believe 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 6:22pm
Fwiw , Mick Kent stated on tv 2 months ago when asked " who's the best sire in the country " didn't even blink ! SYT . StarStarStar
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 6:13pm
Yes a top sire indeed Gay.  Think we've given him a number of leg-ups over the last year but in threads about his runners.  Thumbs Up
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 6:00pm
Crikey, no love for this boy in over a year, despite many magnificent results?

Kyle Wilson-Taylor produced a perfect ride on the Chris Munce-trained Palaisipan to claim his first Group 1 victory in the Tatt's Tiara at Eagle Farm – the final Group 1 race for the 2022/23 season.

Palaisipan drew a wide gate but Wilson-Taylor got across into a perfect position just behind the speed and the daughter of So You Think proved too good for her rivals.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 4:57pm
Just did a winner in Chile out of a So You Think mare.  Pretty week line of mares although good stallions used.  Of the first five dams only one winner and three unraced.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 7:05pm

So You Think js having a good calandar year so far as a sire in terms of Group/Listed (stakes) wins

2022 (8)

1st of January: Midnight Blue: Group 2 Perth Cup (2400m HCP at Ascot, Australia)

8th of January: So You Win: Listed January Cup (2000m HCP at Rosehill, Australia)

12th of February: Think It Over: Group 2 Apollo Stakes (1400m WFA at Randwick, Australia)

9th of April: Knight's Order: Group 1 Sydney Cup (3200m HCP at Randwick, Australia)

9th of April: Think It Over: Group 1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000m WFA at Randwick, Australia)

9th of April: Nimalee: Group 1 Queen Of The Turf Stakes (1600m WFA at Randwick, Australia)

30th of April: Illation:  Listed H.C Nitschke Stakes (1400m SWP at Morphetville, Australia)

30th of April: Regardsmaree: Listed Anniversary Vase (1400m HCP at Sandown, Australia)
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 10:03pm
Very impressive TJ . Clap
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 9:34pm
Just had a promising one debut at Pakenham. Full bro to Inference. 

Have already sent an email about it LOL
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 10:42am
He has taken five steps and is top of the Sire Standings with over $15,700K.  I am Invincible (who always seems to be the bridesmaid) is running second with $15,440K.  Still some big races and more I am Invincibles around to pick up that money.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 11:37pm
Watch out for that horse at the May carnival down at the Bool Wink
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 10:47pm
Won the 2nd last at Caulfield today too , Think n Fly . Clap
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 6:48pm
3 Group 1's Clap
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 6:46pm
Yes he doesn't usually get winners on the wet that three of them win G1's in Sydney and he got another in Newcastle.  Who got third in that last race.  I thought it was Icebath but was it Lighthouse.  I've got to change so figures if it was.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 6:44pm
OH  BOY WHAT A DAY. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 7:25pm
Golden Slipper.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 3:32pm
Yes a nice type.  If picky suggest I'm not quite sure about how she lifts and places her near hind.  Would've preferred the rear vision walk to have been longer to confirm if it was an optical illusion or not really important.
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I see it KM: too busy concentrating on what I was looking for.  If you have another look when he parades from right to left at about 20 seconds onwards there's a number of strides where he again appears to be pushing off with one hind leg more so than the other.  Thumbs Up

I watched the video a few more times and when the colt swings his right leg forward in the tail-on view, his pelvis is visibly angled with the point of the right hip lower than the point of the left hip.  The ground is unlevel but not THAT unlevel.  The SYT filly #95 has a similar look when she walks.

Meanwhile, aside from needing to lose about 50 kg, I like the look of this filly.  

https://inglis.com.au/sales/info/2022+Classic+Yearling+Sale/catalogue/277
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:26am
Thx for the opinions ladies and gents.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 10:48am
I see it KM: too busy concentrating on what I was looking for.  If you have another look when he parades from right to left at about 20 seconds onwards there's a number of strides where he again appears to be pushing off with one hind leg more so than the other.  Thumbs Up
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Vivarchi Vivarchi wrote:

Speaking of SYT colts, what are the opinions of this colt?

Cheers

Bred to be a sprinter. Looks like a sprinter. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Vivarchi Vivarchi wrote:

Cheers

There's something going on with the right hind leg.  Left hind leg is tracking nice and straight behind the left front.  The right hind foot lands under the centerline of the horse's body.  Pause the video at :49 to see what I mean.  If you go forward in slow-mo to :50.5 seconds, the horse is pushing off with the right hind--and that foot is directly under the base of the horse's tail.  The other three legs are not doing that.

Yet another case where they do the horse zero favours by parading it in a paddock -- in this case, up and down an incline. It's difficult to say if that deviation is caused by an anatomical thing or if the horse is compensating for walking on an uneven surface.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 8:06am
Now I look again aren't sure about the foreleg, initially thinking he looked camped under but maybe just the way he's standing.  Would therefore prefer to see him in the flesh. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 4:11pm
Heavy topped fellow, not sure about the angle of shoulder and foreleg, front on appears turned near front however very likely a facade as that doesn't appear to be the case from the rear angle.  That said an otherwise fairly impressive type. 

Over to others.
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 3:46pm

Cheers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

too much time over the food bin and not enough time at the walk or in the round yard.

Story of my life!  (Although I try.)  

The SYT filly isn't stretching out at all at the walk.  Again, having her parade on uneven grass did her no favours.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 3:33pm
Watched the videos of the two other yearlings being offered by the same vendor. Lot 433 (also by SYT) is a finer type and Lot 465 isn't.  All three of them appear to have spent too much time over the food bin and not enough time at the walk or in the round yard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>