Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Black Caviar Looked Awful?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiamondsAtDusk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:23pm
Not sure why people think she isn't fit? She only ran the eve of her life 8-10 weeks ago and hasn't left the water walker since. She is close to her top. It was more about the way she was ridden yesterday IMHO.
We Started Nothing.
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:27pm
Why would any trainer think she needs another run before the UK...?

she will lose heaps condition and stress out traveling, which will take even more condition off her..

it's nuts to race her again here.
SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:29pm
Yeah, didn't she look just dreadful ? I thought of ringing the RSPCA to lodge a complaint, but they never answer their phones. Stern Smile
carche View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:31pm
10 weeks since last start, carry a bit of condition going into the race as a result, bit hairy in the coat due to the cold snap Melbourne copped earlier in the week.  Won by her usual margin. Fair dinkum some of you are hard to please.
Blind Faith View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:39pm
Moody believes that she has to be at her peak before she goes Quez. She's lengths off that, for whatever reason. You can put condition back on provided they travel well and settle in but from what he's said previously he believes it's best if they are 100% before getting on the plane.
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:42pm
Judging by the summer the Poms are having currently..(wind, rain, 12 degree's LOL ) she will be keeping her fur coat for quite some time..
SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:49pm
remember guys and gals, the water walker doesn't do a lot for their coat. It washes the oils out
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
magic_idol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic_idol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:55pm
Hahaha This time last year she looked bloody alfull when she came up to Brizzie, Skinny ,marked etc & still spanked the other horses  before being sent for a spell early now she's the other way & peeps still Complain!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOL
Happy Fit Horses Win Races :-)
There off! View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote There off! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Fair Embrace Fair Embrace wrote:

OMG!!!!! A horse with a wooly coat coming into winter in Victoria, Surely not????? And WTF!!!!! A trainer who has chosen not to clip so said horse yet, how irresponsible of him!!!!!! Really?????
When did she come back in from her let up??? No doubt she wasn't at the top of her game but she still won, didn't she????? For the life of me I can't understand why everyone wants to poke holes in her accomplishments?????
God forbid a horse has a blow after a race, you'd hate to know they've done a bit of work. Rather than find fault wouldn't it make more sense to think of all the improvement she has left in her???
Or if you want to follow Paz's point of view - how good is she really when she can be off in the coat and unfit and fat and still win???? I think Paz secretly adores Pete and BC and he just wants to see what innuendo we draw from his insane commentsClap

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

well_rated View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote well_rated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Blind Faith Blind Faith wrote:

BC looked a picture on Lightning day and Blind Freddie could see she wasn't right in the coat yesterday but that's by far the least impressive of her runs when resuming. A couple of lengths or more off what we know she can do even when not 100% fit. I'm sure most racing fans hope it was just an off day for her. The sectionals tell a tale:

Black Caviar      (1200m)  35.15   23.82   12.49  1:10.65
Outlandish Lad (1100m)   34.51   23.40   12.00  1:04.45

Were you there both days?

melbsteve View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melbsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:37pm
I'm pretty sure Nolen wasn't out there to run time.  She was there to assist in getting fit for Ascot.  Moody didn't have to take her to Adelaide to get her fit.  It was a generous gesture from Moody and the connections to the people of Adelaide to have the "once in a lifetime" chance to see the champ (guessing this is a one off trip to SA) before she goes overseas.  All she had to do was win....and she more than did that.
Occy22 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Occy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:47pm
God, why are they even going to England to race infront of a bunch of toffs. Why do we need to impress England?
Australian racing is outstanding, and especially at the moment.
England should be trying to impress Australia.

Its a bloody long trip over there for a big bloody nothing.
If anything, they run a huge risk of getting her sick.

If its really about "impressions", then impress us by going to the Cox Plate. Impressing England is a big fat zero factor.
rubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:57pm
They go to UK Ascot and then two runs in the Spring and Hk doesnt that gicve them the bonus for the sprint challenge if she wins in UK and HK?  Anyway why do a Weekend hustler and take a sprinter that can keep winning sprints and push it to a limit to go for a middle distance race?  Manikato didnt get 2000m (went awfully close) and later in his career they kept to sprints.

If you had like her why would you want to push it til it is beaten?  Whats the point in that?

Horses look a lot different at times on TV to what they look like up close and she looked fine to me up close yesterday which should be confirmed when I get to the photos a bit later!
LetitRide. View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetitRide. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:54pm
They don't need to be to fit to win over the sprints but that said they do need some work trials gallops etc,  P.Moody knows what his doing and peaking at Royal Ascot is where she needs to peak, if ever Moody wants to get a horses peaking at the right time it would be with BC at Royal Ascot in front of the Racing World stage and to see BC at her brilliant best on this day.

So that said P.Moody would have known Adelaide was never going to assemble a strong field and would be the perfect starting point for her prep, Trust me had it been a Melbourne race stronger field  she would have been that little bit more wound up compared to yesterday.

She did Knuckle when asked to go yesterday so hopefully she hasn't pulled up a bit sore is the only concern P.Moody would have not how she won.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:58pm
Ya gotta admit that of those 30,000 who showed up yesterday the majority couldn't have identifed the horse in a line-up. Ya wonder why they show up.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by carche carche wrote:

10 weeks since last start, carry a bit of condition going into the race as a result, bit hairy in the coat due to the cold snap Melbourne copped earlier in the week.  Won by her usual margin. Fair dinkum some of you are hard to please.

Sure are.

Half the horses in Sydney already have their winter coats. Not stopping them winning.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by well_rated well_rated wrote:

BC looked a picture on Lightning day and Blind Freddie could see she wasn't right in the coat yesterday but that's by far the least impressive of her runs when resuming. A couple of lengths or more off what we know she can do even when not 100% fit. I'm sure most racing fans hope it was just an off day for her. The sectionals tell a tale:

Were you there both days?

No but I trust my eyes and judgement. If you think she presented as well as she did on Lightning day what can I say? You think she did. I think that's not even close to reality.
melbsteve View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melbsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:30pm
I'm sure i heard Singo on Retro last week say he heard people were shying away from More Joyous first up because she looked dull in the coat.  Singo said not to worry about that....that's normal for her.  Are we making too much of the "winter coat" issue?  I think we are.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:47pm
The coat wasn't responsibe for what I considered a slightly "out of character" performance Steve. It might simply have been fitness, feeling a bit off from innoculation, the travel, a combination of all those, who knows. I do know one thing - even allowing for the lack of race fitness she didn't show anywhere near her usual acceleration or relaxed galloping action over the last 200m.  I'm not drawing any conclusions from a future perspective either. Like most people I'm hoping she gets to Ascot and produces her absolute best. Even 95% will be good enough.
rubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 6:00pm
Pre race she looked fine but it was a warm day and she was basically first up and did sweat up during the race and the winter coat makes it look worse than a summer coat would.

Blind faith that part from theb turn til she changed lead legs she was putting a gap on them but not as brilliantly as say the lightning - that looked like just fitness as the mjuscles tire.  Once she changed to the outside lead her style looked much better and then he eased her up inside the last 50 as normal.
LetitRide. View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetitRide. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 6:23pm
She won by 4.6L and everyone is bagging her fck they are not machines Atlantic Jewel getting bagged also.

So unless they win by 5L every start with the head on there chest they have gone awful Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by LetitRide. LetitRide. wrote:

She won by 4.6L and everyone is bagging her fck they are not machines Atlantic Jewel getting bagged also.

So unless they win by 5L every start with the head on there chest they have gone awful Confused

Not sure which is funnier - Fair Embrace's hysteria or your exaggeration.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:26pm
Suspect an early sin-bin looms.  Wink
HUSSLER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:31pm
You of all people should give a Second Chance IMO
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:41pm

Thanks BF. Data backs up what I saw. Moody was devastated with the run. 
HUSSLER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUSSLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:49pm
Far from gone but her Newmarket win against the best in the world carrying the grandstand did look alot easier, still the GF is along way off
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Pazman Pazman wrote:

Jockey pulled the whip and was certainly not easing down. Looked stressed in the coat.

I will be laying her big time if she goes O/S with the Aussie Markets. Looked 3 lengths worse today and they often loose that when travelling.
Just like Better Than Ready last week when you vanished after a similar Dumb worthelss comment LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
The More You Put On, The More You Get Back
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by HUSSLER HUSSLER wrote:

You of all people should give a Second Chance IMO

You surprise me Hussler.  Very droll indeed.  Approve
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Phantom Phantom wrote:

Originally posted by Pazman Pazman wrote:

Jockey pulled the whip and was certainly not easing down. Looked stressed in the coat.

I will be laying her big time if she goes O/S with the Aussie Markets. Looked 3 lengths worse today and they often loose that when travelling.
Just like Better Than Ready last week when you vanished after a similar Dumb worthelss comment LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

change your password mate. 
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:58pm
What does that mean Paz?
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>