Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2010 Foal Gallery (now yearlings)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 10:17pm
Well  enjoy Max , two days of level three first aid training for me. wanna swap !
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 10:21pm
Na done that gelati every year   Soak it up !!!!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 10:26pm
yehh me too.used to be only one day refresher but now two. such is life. time to crash. enjoy the bestest little state Max....
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 4:44pm
Better late with the photo than never ....

This boy heads off to finish his breaking to saddle next week he's Potter x Mavis

suck it up ... Life isn't run at w.f.a. :)
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 4:49pm
... and this is him again with his semi sibling (Potter x Jesmond Tutu)  she'll be off to school as soon as he's finished

dreamer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:44pm
haven't looked at his pedigree page but looks like he'll get over a bit of distance JoH
also looks strong boned
OWNERS THINK THERE TRAINERS,TRAINERS THINK THERE JOCKEYS AND JOCKEYS DON'T THINK
dreamer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:51pm
very much the jeune mould
OWNERS THINK THERE TRAINERS,TRAINERS THINK THERE JOCKEYS AND JOCKEYS DON'T THINK
dreamer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:58pm
just looked , and pedigree doesn't look that way Embarrassed
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 7:10pm
I like the Jesmond Tutu mating.  Complete outcross in the first five generations but Canny Lad's family meeting up with his sire Bletchingly in Potter.  Lunchtime/Bletchingly.  Star Kingdom/Silly Season etc.  Interesting one that one.
While the colt is inbred to the two brothers Biscay and Star of Heaven and you get the Better Boy blood of Centaine with the female line of Centaine is Potter.  Good matings both.  Good luck.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 7:12pm
Oh forgot to say I love his head.  Is he cheeky he just looks to be that way.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 8:06pm
Or just inquisitive as in "What are you doing Mum?" Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 8:38pm
He's more a 'thinking' horse than cheeky if that makes sense, he learns very fast (good and bad)  and you're right Gay3 he's a real sticky beak, wants to be involved in whatever you're doing - which is probably why I haven't got a decent side-on pic.  Smile

As to what distance will best suit him Dreamer time will tell, six months ago I'd have said sprinter but now I'm not so sure.  Truth be told I'm not fussed what distance he contests, as long as he's the first one past the post.  Clap

dreamer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 11:02pm
Thumbs Up
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by slowdown slowdown wrote:

[QUOTE=slowdown]

Second time lucky. !!
finally trials wednesday at Longford. has taken a long time but I am excited as this is my first from helping with foaling to getting to the track as an owner
Here we go again !! trials tuesday! cant wait after boils/abcesses/colds . eating well so lets hope for another first up effort.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 11:17pm
BOL! Hope it is a good day for you repays your good work.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 11:33pm
Cheers Gaj, huge wrap to the training group for getting her there again. she is not EASY !!
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 10:53am
Just caught up with your news Slowdown ... 
hope all goes well and you'll be telling us she's blitzed them and pulled up fine.  ClapClap

slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 10:55pm
Thanks Heaps JoH, will post one way or the other. trainer had a great day today with a winner , 2 seconds and a third. good time for stuff to go right.
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 11:09pm
Good luck slow
Munga Rangi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munga Rangi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 11:11pm
Good luck Slowdown Thumbs Up
...... Gee that looks a cold grey sky in the background! brrrrrrr
Caveat emptor
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 11:32am
Cheers Guys, more grey skies today. 28mm of rain overnight and more to come. hopefully they will still hold the trials tomorrow. nice to get the rain
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 9:52pm

[QUOTE=slowdown]

Second time lucky. !!
finally trials wednesday at Longford. has taken a long time but I am excited as this is my first from helping with foaling to getting to the track as an owner
Here we go again !! trials tuesday! cant wait after boils/abcesses/colds . eating well so lets hope for another first up effort.
just an update in regard to our filly above. around that time i got a group of 10 people to lease her and help us get her into training. the group has been so patient and now it appears that we are headed for the Newmarket (as long as we get in) followed by the Bow Mistress should she perform well on the 20th of nov. its been such a kick for everyone with 5 of the group never ever owning a horse. she now has a record of 9 starts for 6 wins and has won her last four on end. i never imagined this when we decided to send the mare to Sav. so not showing off here. just want to share our thrill with the people on the site who have given me advice, help, encouragement and congrats.
Cheers Slowdown
songline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote songline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 9:57pm
Congrats slowdown, does she have a name yet?
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 9:58pm
yes Songline. her name is Sh'Bourne Spirit. 
songline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote songline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 9:59pm
Sorry stupid question, I know you've mentioned her before. Best of luck with her, will have to follow her progress!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 10:13pm
Cheers Songline. we are at the topend as far as Tassie Racing goes. now its time to find out if she is up to it.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 8:26am
songline, you might've missed this bit "she now has a record of 9 starts for 6 wins and has won her last four on end."
How exciting for you all to be heading for the big ones, what a Star
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:00am
thanks Gay, just over the moon. she is such a little beauty !
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:07am
Even managed a write up Gay !

Sh’bourne Spirit aimed at Newmarket

04 / 11 / 2013 Shbourne Spirit (B McCoull) wins BM78 over 1200m last Wednesday night icon Click to enlarge

LONGFORD trainer Bill Ryan has thrown caution to the wind by aiming his in-form mare Sh’bourne Spirit at the Newmarket Handicap.

After the five-year-old made it four wins in succession with a brilliant victory in a benchmark 78 race over 1200 metres in Launceston last Wednesday night with Brendon McCoull aboard, connections discussed the mare’s options and agreed it was “worth a throw at the stumps”.

“The mare is racing so well and after speaking with Brendon (McCoull) after the win we have decided to change plans and have a crack at the Newmarket,” Ryan said.

“I now there is no guarantee that she will get a start because her rating isn’t all that high (76) but I feel she deserves the chance at a race like the Newmarket before we head her to the feature mares’ races.”

“The Bow Mistress (1200m) and the Vamos Stakes (1400m) will be her main aims but realistically she would have to prove she can be competitive in a race like the Newmarket to prove she warrants having a crack at those races,” he said.

Last Wednesday night Sh’bourne Spirit (Savoire Vivre-River Doll) settled fourth on a cracking pace but she became fired up an d McCoull had no option but to let her rip 650 metres from home.

The mare joined the leaders on the home turn and burst clear and staved off a late and determined challenge from Tap It In (Siggy Carr) that ran home well along the rail in the home straight.

Sh’bourne Spirit has won six of only nine starts and three of her victories have been under lights in Launceston.

“The mare pulled up exceptionally well from Wednesday night’s run and provided everything goes to plan the Newmarket will be her next race.”

“But if by some chance she doesn’t get a start in the Newmarket we will accept for the benchmark 78 over 1200m on the same program,” Ryan said.

slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:10am
all credit goes to Bill, Mary and his team. he is currently the leading trainer on strike rate in Australia. early days i know but its still a huge effort. 17 starters 6 wins 0 seconds and 3 thirds. 35.3% strike rate. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>