Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2010 Foal Gallery (now yearlings)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:39pm
thanks Guys, she is in foal to Needs Further Bel
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Bluey View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 1:40pm
Well done on your mares career...I am certain you and your family played a major part to her success. You are hands on and you give them the best and she gave her all back to you. Next chapter coming later this year.     More work but I am sure you will thrive on it.
Best of luck
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 2:08pm
Congrats to you Slowdown, and Spirit has come home well to you ready for her next triumph as a mother, hope she produces some as good as her, good luck to you..
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 2:16pm
Thanks Bluey and Gaj, very kind words. that's right . next chapter is exciting. she is really going to miss being at the stables. Bill said he is really going to miss her too. she's been there for the majority of the last 5 years so it has been more her home than here. not sure how she will cope at first. she just loves the routine of being a race horse. hopefully having a foal will be just as exciting for her.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by slowdown slowdown wrote:

thanks Guys, she is in foal to Needs Further Bel

hoping Ned brings us something special. 3 lines of Special, 2 of Fairy Bridge through full brothers Sadlers Wells and Fairy King and Fairy Bridges half brother Nureyev.
Throw in Riverman too. the experts will tell me whether this is good or not but I like what I see. she has no Danehill in her line so Ned brings that into the breeding.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:46am

Second time lucky. !!
finally trials wednesday at Longford. has taken a long time but I am excited as this is my first from helping with foaling to getting to the track as an owner....

we're here ! first race at Mowbray over 1200m this wednesday night - named Sh'bourne Spirit.
and so another journey begins..... Sh'bourne Spirit x Needs Further born last night

slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:47am
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:48am
thats better- stuffed up the first attempt.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:46am
great photo slowdown
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:58am
thanks Furious, courtesy of Armidale Stud. we foaled her out over there given that we both work on Mon/tue and could not take the chance. she will be covered by Alpine Eagle once ready so good to have her over there. then we just have to land her and foal home safely in the truck just the once
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:47pm
Gorgeous. Exciting times!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:56pm
Lovely little girl.  Congratulations.  Pretty exciting.
animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:02pm
thanks Guys, all is well with Mum and foal. hopefully we get her safely through to the 2019 feb sale. will be the first we have sold down here and it will be a bit sad but its the way we can continue to do what we do....
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:42am

Spirit and filly foal at Armidale. approx 2 weeks old
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:57am

Second time lucky. !!
finally trials wednesday at Longford. has taken a long time but I am excited as this is my first from helping with foaling to getting to the track as an owner....

we're here ! first race at Mowbray over 1200m this wednesday night - named Sh'bourne Spirit.
and so another journey begins..... Sh'bourne Spirit x Needs Further born last night

Full circle - now her first daughter however this one goes through the sale.

https://magicmillions.online/viewLot/229/99
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:59am

She's too nice to sell Shaun Ouch

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Feb 2019 at 8:15am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:12am
When are the sales ?  Can we find a catalogue on line ?? 
Golly Gay, lets buy her Big smile
animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:20am
25th Feb Acacia.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:37am
At least Needs Further is doing the job so if you do sell hopefully it will be a good price.  Good luck what ever happens.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:44am
thanks kindly Furious. yes we chose right. he is doing the job. if Mystic Journey wins the Guineas it will be big for Tassie Breeding and Racing
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:45am

She's too nice to sell Shaun Ouch

thanks Gay, i have deliberately stayed away from Armidale so i dont get attached. 
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I think we should.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I think we should.

And Shaun can train her Big smile win, win all round LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:20pm
This is sounding awesome 😁
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:01pm
I would love to, but the way Ned is going, I think she might sell for more than us 3 can dig out of our kick Cry  It would be awesome tho.  Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:05pm
Yeah, I agree AA. But it would be wonderful...if only...
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:14pm
Very encouraging guys. Thanks heaps
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm
And Ned gets the MM 2 y.o. Classic with a filly , at Launceston today.  That should add a  few $$$ to her price tag, Shaun  ???
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:38pm
Have some recent updates for you and others AA.

a. Shaun's filly (i) is very much on the small side, (ii) has brands on both shoulders and (iii) is well within herself; whilst
b. Shaun himself (i) is very much on the large side, (ii) has tatts on both shoulders and (iii) is currently  sh1tting bricks.

Fingers crossed for all concerned.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:37pm
She is very flashy Slowdown, hope all goes well at the sale for you, mind those bricks too Big smile

Is it online to watch???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>