Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chris Waller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 74>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
billyjack View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote billyjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:35pm
Imagine if it was Weiry having 11 of 12 there would be non stop comments, but its the crook from Sydney not much said
gordy
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Can't ever recall it, having said said that ...he had 1/5 of what Waller has in work and he didn't hang on to them as long as Waller does ( the ordinary ones ) if they didn't measure up he turfed them, in big races he would have had a few , but a lot is myth imo.

This is problem theme these days.

Look at the trainers of most of todays winners at Bathurst, they are Sydney trained horses, and these trainers are highish profile.

This simply would have been a rarity not so long ago.

These trainers should be getting rid of them if they can not win maidens in or around Sydney.

But no they hold onto them and bleed them dry. Their owners, when dispersing them will get very little.

reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Didn't they at some stage restrict TJ 2 starters in a race ?

At least if he had 2 in a race, and was spruiking one, you knew which one to back!Wink

... the apple, etc.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Didn't win again from memory. Now that IS smelly any way you look at it.

omg don't tell me you are on board the waller is a cheat train finally 3blindmice LOL  better late then ever.

in for a big spring is waller good luck to the man, funny he can't train a 3200 horse to save him self yet wins every 2400m race in nsw for the year,

Wrong inference I suspect mowie. My guess - and that's all it is - is that they set him for the Sat race and the midweeker was a cobweb blowout. "Someone" certainly knew he would improve drastically. He flopped in the leadup, but romped home next time. If he'd run okay as fav then improved to win I'd have said gelato happens. When they win by panels after flopping as fav without excuse I say stewards aren't doing their jobs.

Who Shot Thebarman says hello.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Can't ever recall it, having said said that ...he had 1/5 of what Waller has in work and he didn't hang on to them as long as Waller does ( the ordinary ones ) if they didn't measure up he turfed them, in big races he would have had a few , but a lot is myth imo.

This is problem theme these days.

Look at the trainers of most of todays winners at Bathurst, they are Sydney trained horses, and these trainers are highish profile.

This simply would have been a rarity not so long ago.

These trainers should be getting rid of them if they can not win maidens in or around Sydney.

But no they hold onto them and bleed them dry. Their owners, when dispersing them will get very little.

Well , how dumb are the owners, to be paying Sydney prices to Sydney trainers, to see the horse carted off to the bush to race for less money, but the same costs ?? 
Look how many Gai and Waller cart to the sticks, and check what the horse cost to buy, and what it wins , in the bush, if it wins.    One start maybe , to give it an idea of racing, but any more ???   NO.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:34am
Originally posted by billyjack billyjack wrote:

Imagine if it was Weiry having 11 of 12 there would be non stop comments, but its the crook from Sydney not much said

I think Waller is long past having any shady dealings.     ... He has many owners with expectations ,   He has many Staff who usually get a spread of the rides and work.     He probably wouldn't see most horses in his care ,,,, once a week or two or 3.
   WINX the big exception.
I have NO fears about the numbers of horses him , Weir , Hayes , Cummings , Gai have ...    They usually run to form .
    Who would want to go back to the days of last to first Bart.   I'm sure he was born and educated around Glenrowan & Eurowa.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Atreus Atreus wrote:

A complete failure of administration by Racing NSW.  The first duty of Racing NSW should be to ensure competitive racing.  One stable having 90% of runners in a race is not competitive racing

Time for limits on total horses per stable and runners per race from a stable

The trend for more and more Waller trained runners per meeting is getting worse by the week in Sydney

It’s not Wallers fault. But the administration must see that this is a huge negative for racing. Why would other trainers run in races that can be manipulated through numbers? Pacemakers, team riding, blocking, or market manipulating are all possibilities in these situations. Something needs to happen quick to ensure public confidence.
No wonder he is always crying. That’s because he cannot believe how easy it is to make money in Australia. He is being allowed to control and monopolise a market that allows gambling.
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 6:59am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by billyjack billyjack wrote:

I think Waller is long past having any shady dealings.     ... He has many owners with expectations ,   He has many Staff who usually get a spread of the rides and work.     He probably wouldn't see most horses in his care ,,,, once a week or two or 3.
   WINX the big exception.
I have NO fears about the numbers of horses him , Weir , Hayes , Cummings , Gai have ...    They usually run to form .
    Who would want to go back to the days of last to first Bart.   I'm sure he was born and educated around Glenrowan & Eurowa.

IMO Waller's horses do not run to form. They seem to take it in turns.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:07am
With the average ones you are correct Bonfield.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:37am
That's my gut feeling also C. Don't know what the stats say but anecdotally plenty of his improve rapidly then just as rapidly don't repeat the effort. The pressure to keep thousands of owners happy might have something to do with that. 
rem286 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem286 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Batman Batman wrote:

Originally posted by Atreus Atreus wrote:

A complete failure of administration by Racing NSW.  The first duty of Racing NSW should be to ensure competitive racing.  One stable having 90% of runners in a race is not competitive racing

Time for limits on total horses per stable and runners per race from a stable

The trend for more and more Waller trained runners per meeting is getting worse by the week in Sydney

It’s not Wallers fault. But the administration must see that this is a huge negative for racing. Why would other trainers run in races that can be manipulated through numbers? Pacemakers, team riding, blocking, or market manipulating are all possibilities in these situations. Something needs to happen quick to ensure public confidence.
No wonder he is always crying. That’s because he cannot believe how easy it is to make money in Australia. He is being allowed to control and monopolise a market that allows gambling.

Maybe this is how they have tried to ensure public confidence

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:46am

That's why they are termed average ...   If they can be placed in a class where they are competitive or even get a run ,   They are fortunate.

Should they get the breaks and the bounce of the ball , they may even win one occasionally .        Keeps the owners happy while they wait for their "WINX" at the next yearling sales .        Keeps the staff happy and of course Waller gets as much per week to train all these average hay burners as he does for the very few who win more than a couple a year in town..
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:56am

That's why they are termed average ...   If they can be placed in a class where they are competitive or even get a run ,   They are fortunate.

Should they get the breaks and the bounce of the ball , they may even win one occasionally .        Keeps the owners happy while they wait for their "WINX" at the next yearling sales .        Keeps the staff happy and of course Waller gets as much per week to train all these average hay burners as he does for the very few who win more than a couple a year in town..

Be nice to know which "average" one to back if he's got half the field, what'cha reckon Macca.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:00pm
Glad to hear a couple of others think the Waller horses take it in turns. It's got to the point where I rarely back a Waller horse in Sydney. In fact I now do most of my betting in Melbourne. Waller is a big part of why I don't like betting on Sydney anymore.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:03pm
And it's not due to the size of Waller's stable, or that he has several in a race. I have no hesitation at all in backing Weir horses, even if he's got several in a race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:03pm
Boom tish Carioca. That's usually my feeling whenever i see his multiple runners. David Hayes, Weir, Snowden are all much more upfront about their horses imo.  
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:06pm
you should back them Bonfield, to lose.....lay his favourites all day, you will end up a rich man. I really don't think Chris has any idea? surround yourself with people that know more than you, and pay them accordingly.....maybe Liam Prior knows, but Chris didn't know what Liam was up to, so you have to take a punt who runs the show and who knows what....Richard Callender knew what was what, and copped the result, unwanted as it was......does the buck stop with Chris? nah......
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:16pm
Interesting Bonjour. My gut feeling is Waller favourites must be losing badly. I will have to run some stats to check.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:23pm
Waller favourites in 2018: -22.1% POT, compared with the average favourite of -9.6% POT.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:24pm
Both Liam and Charley know more Bonjour. They all play their cards close to their chests though - unlike those I mentioned above. Peter Snowden is an excellent judge of his horses and their placement, David Hayes is pretty good, Weir less so, Waller down the bottom. Size and approach have something to do with that I suspect. Can't knock his ability though, esp with good ones.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:28pm
To be fair, he doesn't make them fav though Bonfield. Against that they are fav for a reason so it suggests a level of inconsistency - at face value anyway. I'm with you though - too much turntaking and too little public information for my liking as a punter
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:29pm

Be nice to know which "average" one to back if he's got half the field, what'cha reckon Macca.

Stick to the best company to punt on .

If people have Paranoia about "goers & non Goers" = They shouldn't be punting.
Even the best have to get the fortune of the Racing Gods to win.
Our mighty Winx fell in several times , when she could have been beaten by horses who haven't won since .
   Kementari lost all chance in the Doncaster when he found dead ends
, while Happy Clapper was getting dream favours along the rails .

Waller horses have many owners who expect his team to be doing their best . AND THEY ARE.        Fitness , Class & Fortune decides who wins = NOT WALLER.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 2:02pm
BTW..     I Punt .      I've owned a black type winner and I've met genlemen jockeys like Shane Dye and others like "Pumper " .

I've had 2 wives ...

I know who was the most reliable in that lot
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 2:06pm
The Black Typer Macca, the Black Typer.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 2:10pm
Macca we are talking about "average" horses not top class, different kettle of fish imo, the only thing consistent with "average " horses are they are consistently average , forget the go or whoa conspiracy , when you have half a dozen starting in a race it's a minefield for the punter, the old "cup of tea race " applies.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 2:54pm

Macca we are talking about "average" horses not top class, different kettle of fish imo, the only thing consistent with "average " horses are they are consistently average , forget the go or whoa conspiracy , when you have half a dozen starting in a race it's a minefield for the punter, the old "cup of tea race " applies.

Exactly....    Many don't bet during winter especially.

( My Black Typer was( Webster's Wish) Won STC Winter Cup 1991 ( Shayne Dye ), Placed Mckell Cup.. Where does the years go ???
Cassidy won several on it but I never liked the man or his company.
As a Result I gave away any future owner interests )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:03pm
Awareness isn't paranoia macca. After a while you decide for yourself if certain trainers are worth backing without trepidation/caution. Cassidy couldn't lie straight in bed but I'm sure if you knew him you would have made a bomb both backing and laying. Times have changed but if BF was around then you could have laid many he gave sore backs to. Rumour and inuendo abound in racing but when we raced in the Canberra region decades ago the word quickly went around not to book him for your horse on a city midweeker if you wanted to win. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 4:00pm
Seen a nice horse of Wallers win at Kembla recently ( maiden) next start at Rosehill slightly longer journey came from well back and win impressively, next start same track there was no money $3-90. - 5-50, weighted at 62kg fiddlesticks claims 2kg runs stone motherless ,bleeds both nostrils, stablemate wins the race and exported immediately , done punters a favour imo, ...the bleeder was Asterius,
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Awareness isn't paranoia macca. After a while you decide for yourself if certain trainers are worth backing without trepidation/caution. Cassidy couldn't lie straight in bed but I'm sure if you knew him you would have made a bomb both backing and laying. Times have changed but if BF was around then you could have laid many he gave sore backs to. Rumour and inuendo abound in racing but when we raced in the Canberra region decades ago the word quickly went around not to book him for your horse on a city midweeker if you wanted to win. 

No one would really know him ...   A trainer and the stable jock who mislead their owners and put their own punters in for the best meat , soon shows up and eventually the trainer runs out of support and goes belly up .
I think Pumpers mate got 30 years eventually.

I am talking in the long ago ..   I believe Racing is better run today .
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 9:22pm
One can only live in hope about that, Macca.   Sometimes I have my doubts. 
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 74>