Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chris Waller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 74>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Waller going down to Victoria tomorrow to talk about Weirs horses.
kiss him right off.
He should not be allowed anymore horses.

He’s a vulture, I’d rather they let Weir back training.

😂 I would not go that far.

reductio ad absurdum
Hartnell is dominant View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartnell is dominant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by Hartnell is dominant Hartnell is dominant wrote:

Wallers stable at Flemington is full.
He will be signing on as a tenant at Ballarat. Taking some of Weirs boxes and his staff.

Pretty much says it all if Weir is surrendering his lease at this stage of the investigations.

Don’t think that’s happening. Have only heard BTC had calls from waller and C Maher wanting to take over of Weir does leave
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 5:39pm

kiss him right off.

Imo it would be naive to assume that the other overgrown trainer known for improving others’ horses en masse does not overlap in at least some methods.
to the victor
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 5:47pm

kiss him right off.

Imo it would be naive to assume that the other overgrown trainer known for improving others’ horses en masse does not overlap in at least some methods.

We really don’t need a superpower stable getting even bigger.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 5:55pm
I was never of the opinion that either of them took horses to another level.

They might have kept them on the same projectory but I doubt they magically improved anything.

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:20pm
Waller is a master trainer.  Too many tall poppy critics around here imo.

And why is "raising horses to another level" considered so important - particularly when there's frequently no objective evidence that prior trainers haven't already got the best out of their charges?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

And why is "raising horses to another level" considered so important - particularly when there's frequently no objective evidence that prior trainers haven't already got the best out of their charges?

What he has achieved witn Winx is amaizing but his efforts and lack of imagination with his other top class horses leaves a lot to be desired.

He has too many horses to do them all justice.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:32pm
This is a recording, beep...beep...beep.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:33pm

This is a recording, beep...beep...beep.

Get it changed and I'll shut up.

reductio ad absurdum
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:39pm

I don't think Waller had a reputation of improving horse. Certainly not like Weir did. Waller did get an unenviable reputation as a horse thief during his rise. Identify quality horses then encourage owners to transfer to him. If horses didn't meet a standard he expwcted he would siffest they be moved on to another trainer.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:31pm

So Waller will have at least 4 different training establishments ?

Sorry but this is absolute nonsense racehorse training.

Didn’t John Hawkes have 4 different training establishments in 4 different states (NSW, Vic, Qld & SA) when Woodlands/Inghams were at the peak of their powers? Wonder how many horses they had on their books at that time across all 4 stables?

But yes I agree, hopefully we see a nice wide disbursement of Weir trained horses around to lots of different stables.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

I don't think Waller had a reputation of improving horse. Certainly not like Weir did. Waller did get an unenviable reputation as a horse thief during his rise. Identify quality horses then encourage owners to transfer to him. If horses didn't meet a standard he expected he would siffest they be moved on to another trainer.

That's the very point Lordy: it's hard to improve horses that have reached their limit and Waller doesn't make a point of seeking to pinch those that haven't.

And of course it's rather easier to "improve" horses by rigging races and utilising jiggers.
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:35pm
C Maher will have 4 stables does he not? Caulfield, Warnambool, I think he has a Sydney satellite? and then ballarat, but no ones said anything about him. IMO he is one who is very very quickly getting big, and all of a sudden has huge results again. He went quiet when under suspension with Aaron in charge, and then hes back and bang again? 4 city winners yesterday, and seems to be getting most of Weirs.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:40pm

kiss him right off.

The most talented trainer Oz has ever seen......should be given a knighthood for his contribution to Oz racing, Nz's greatest ever loss. On his last visit to NZ for the sales he walked, yep, across the Tasman.....we should all worship at that temple.....his right hand man Liam Prior could earn another award for honesty.......google them both, and let's get behind them.......you know it makes sense.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

I don't think Waller had a reputation of improving horse. Certainly not like Weir did. Waller did get an unenviable reputation as a horse thief during his rise. Identify quality horses then encourage owners to transfer to him. If horses didn't meet a standard he expwcted he would siffest they be moved on to another trainer.

Hello !  Didnt TJ do that years ago ?  And hasnt Gai followed in his footsteps ?  Yes she has, as i know of a couple she thieved from smaller trainers.  The horses were going great , and she got them from owners with stars in their eyes, and then ? Thumbs Down Karma !!!LOL
animals before people.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

kiss him right off.

The most talented trainer Oz has ever seen......should be given a knighthood for his contribution to Oz racing, Nz's greatest ever loss. On his last visit to NZ for the sales he walked, yep, across the Tasman.....we should all worship at that temple.....his right hand man Liam Prior could earn another award for honesty.......google them both, and let's get behind them.......you know it makes sense.

You’ve forgotten Richie and Schofield, my fair sir. Teflon
to the victor
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 2:49pm

Champion Group I trainer Chris Waller launched his spring carnival with the racing media on Tuesday, giving an insight into his many riches in the stable.

“I am charged up for the spring, with a very good team and there are some stars there, ready to shine through,” Waller said.

“Finding them is not easy, but producing them on race day is something that my team does very well and we have the ability to bring horses through our system, to be the ones that you will be writing about, and that people will be cheering for over the coming months.

“I am telling you as I see it going into the spring."

Here is what Chris Waller has planned for his loaded team of spring stars.

VERRY ELLEGANT - The main (Cox Plate) horses at this stage, are horses like Verry Elleegant, who I see as a similar type of horse to Winx in the same year and through the experience of training Winx, I only really want to give Verry Elleegant three runs and if she has a fourth run, it will be in the Melbourne Cup after running in a Cox Plate.

Things change through the spring, but they are my thoughts at this stage.

I will just place her carefully and she will most likely resume in the Winx Stakes first-up before heading to the George Main second-up.

This is a little bit different to the path we took with Winx, because Winx had a lower rating, and then of course, through to the Cox Plate from there.

We are well ahead of schedule with Verry Elleegant and the timing may mean that she has another run, and if that is the case, then she will have another run.

ARCADIA QUEEN AND ENTICING STAR - I was fortunate enough to be given two horses from Bob Peters, from Western Australia, who he sent over from his farm in fantastic order, they are Enticing Star and Arcadia Queen.

They both had a gallop this morning (Tuesday) and worked particularly well.

My track riders have been on them, as have Hugh Bowman and James McDonald and I love seeing the glint in their eye or the cheeky smile that a jockey can produce.

Over the years, jockeys have not changed, they love riding winners and love riding Group I winners, and certainly don’t like riding slow horses.

They ride plenty of slow horses and don’t ride as many good horses as they do slow ones.

I have seen that cheeky look on their face when they come back off the track on these two horses.

I am not going to over-race them, and will probably go into The Everest second-up, but they will be very well prepared, and both horses will have a trial next week and are well ahead of schedule.

The standard Waller racing two-trial lead up will apply with a week to spare if required, that is the plan I like to follow.

I will pick out a lead up race, trying to keep them apart and trying to have them in winning form going into The Everest and choosing jockeys a little bit closer to the time.

Enticing Star is a little bit older than Arcadia Queen and she will either join up with our team to go to Melbourne or perhaps stay behind in Sydney and race in some of the new races. Arcadia Queen, obviously she will be a leading Golden Eagle horse.

FUNSTAR - If I had to put a poster up on my wall, at the moment it would probably be her.

She has won two similar races to what Winx won and will be following a similar path.

We will be aiming her towards the Flight Stakes and having a very short three-year-old spring campaign with the view of a big autumn.

That is the beauty of Australian racing, they don’t have to be all charged up and race the whole season.

You can back off them and give them spells and look after them and that is where you get longevity, and I am sure our stable gets a lot of respect from that word.

Longevity is not just about the start of the season, it is about the end of the season and next season and the seasons beyond.

YES YES YES - He is most likely the (three-year-old C&G) headline act.

He was the boom horse prior to the Slipper but drew very wide there. He has been sourced by Coolmore and they certainly know what they are looking for.

He will be going down a Golden Rose path and the beauty of the Golden Rose is that in my eyes it tells you whether the horse is a sprinter and we can go down the Zoustar route of reverting back to the shorter distances and run in a sprint race in Sydney before going down to win the Coolmore, which has been a very good race to the stable over the last few years.

Or whether we go down the Caulfield Guineas path like we have done with Press Statement and of course, The Autumn Sun.

The Golden Rose seems to be a great race, not only a stallion making race, but a distance defining race in the spring, in my opinion, so that is where he will be heading.

The remainder of the list is in alphabetical order.

ACCESSION - He has also had the benefit of the Queensland winter and I think being a son of Brazen Beau, will jump out of the ground as a three-year-old.

Brazen Beau was a good two-year-old, but much better as a three-year-old and I see this horse as a carbon copy of him.

All of these colts will be targeted at the Golden Rose for obvious reasons, but Accession is certainly one that we think is sharp enough for a Coolmore later in the spring.

BRIMHAM ROCKS – He was a bridesmaid behind Avilius (last spring), did not come up in the autumn, but a new season still gives us hope with horses like him.

CARZOFF - He has a quite a high rating, will be our Wyong and Newcastle Cups horse.

CATWALK - Another three-year-old filly that looks to have enough potential to win a Group race for the Star Thoroughbreds team.

COUNT OCTAVE - Count Octave is a very exciting horse from England, who had an injury prior to the Melbourne Cup last year and was unable to take his place, but you only need to look at his form around the current world’s best stayer in Stradivarius.

Count Octave arguably has just as much class as Stradivarius and for obvious reasons, we are very happy with him.

He will be ready to race early to mid-September, I am seeing enough from him at home to tempt me into running him first up in the Chelmsford Stakes (September 7) and gradually stepping him up in distance from there, hoping to see him run in weight for age races in Sydney, such as the Hill Stakes or Craven Plate before heading to Melbourne.

D’ARGENTO – He had a pelvic injury in the autumn and was never at his best.

We found a very minor issue in the pelvic region, which we believe held him back, and he has also had a minor wind operation, so I think we have got something to look forward to with him.

At the end of the carnival when a horse is a little bit behind the eight ball, such as he is, we also start considering Hong Kong and Perth.

I think you have to specifically set horses for both of those carnivals and because the spring is so lucrative in Victoria and New South Wales, it is often overlooked and used as an afterthought, but he certainly fits into the category to go to one of those jurisdictions.

EASTENDER - The Tasmanian horse, has a cult following down there from winning some big races, narrowly beaten in the Andrew Ramsden and can certainly stay, so he is on a path to The Metropolitan.

ECKSTEIN - She will be on a Myer (Empire Rose Stakes) path, obviously the fillies and mares race on (Victoria) Derby day (at Flemington).

With a similar prizemoney fillies and mares’ race in Sydney at a similar time, who knows, a horse like her could be kept for the $500,000 race in early November at her new home track of Rosehill.

FINCHE - Another horse that excites me, in terms of already being rated high enough to get in to the Cup is Finche, who ran fourth in the Melbourne Cup last year.

He has come back well after having a minor injury that ruled him out of the autumn and therefore has not raced for some time.

He will be back in the next few weeks to start his campaign and will probably run in the 2000m Kingston Town Stakes at Randwick on the 21st (September) before we map out whether he has another run in Sydney or heads to Melbourne for the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups.

The beauty of the extended spring in Sydney, is that it is giving more options for the horses to stay at home longer and perhaps a race like the St Leger will grow in stature over the coming years.

I also think The Metropolitan needs to be promoted in that way and maybe we need to visit whether we can break tradition and change some of these handicaps into set weights and penalties races if we respect the better horses and the competition for these horses to be racing in their various states of Australia.

GIRL TUESDAY – She is owned John Singleton whom I am very proud to be training for, will head towards the Metropolitan.

We have various other horses with ratings below 100 that I have not specifically spoken about, but this spring there will certainly be some up and comers with low ratings getting through to the Cup races.

HARIPOUR - Other noticeable stayers are Haripour, who I have a lot of time for.

A lot of you would not have taken much notice, but I think he is one that can improve in the spring.

HAUT BRION HER - There are a lot of horse below the rating 80 mark that will also explode, we only saw on Saturday, Haut Brion Her win very impressively.

She only has a rating of 81 or thereabouts and she will be a horse that is rated over 100 before the end of the spring.

INVINCIBELLA - From the older brigade, there are so many other horses that deserve respect such as Invincibella, and Denise Martin has allowed us to race her on for another year.

She is a Group I winner and enabled us to set a modern day training record of 18 Group Is in a season, which was a very proud moment.

KAONIC and DEALMAKER - I would also put Kaonic in the same boat.

He has been gelded and will come back as a very good horse and I see him as a leading Epsom chance at this stage, along with those mentioned.

Dealmaker will also be aimed at the Epsom.

KINGS WILL DREAM - We have got Kings Will Dream in the stable now and he is a very exciting horse.

He ran first-up in the Memsie last year, beaten a small margin, clearly he not only has class, but he has got speed as well and he will start over the shorter distances, such as the Winx Stakes and hopefully get through to the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups.

He did of course race in Winx’s Cox Plate last year and we will certainly give consideration to that race again.

He is a leading player in our stable going forward.

KOLDING - The Queensland Guineas winner could easily fit in to the Rangirangdoo type mould, of being a later developer and end up being a well talked about horse at the end of the spring.

He could even get through to a Cox Plate, who would have thought Winx prior to winning an Epsom, would come out and not only win the Epsom, but go on to win a Cox Plate.

I think the stable's success has certainly given me confidence, to place these horses in various races and continue to go from strength to strength.

KUBRICK - He has only had a handful of starts was arguably the unluckiest horse in the JJ Atkins in Queensland, has come back bigger and stronger and one of the horses who has taken benefit of a Queensland winter.

He’s being prepared at the Gold Coast stable which has proven to be a real gem, finishing second on the premiership last season, proving it not only helps horses develop and mature.

Horses that have been through that system are the likes of Her Majesty Winx, Zoustar and Brazen Beau, just to name a few.

LADY CUVEE - She was placed in the Oaks and we will see where she fits in with our fillies and mares or as a Cups type horse.

LE JUGE, SEAWAY and STAR OF THE SEAS – Le Juge is an interesting horse, he was sent up as a horse badly out of form to the Queensland stable and I think he was Queensland’s most winning horse last year, certainly in the Metropolitan area.

He will come back down to Sydney after doing his training in Queensland and will be targeted towards an Epsom as will Seaway, and Star Of The Seas.

These are all handicappers that are not Australia’s best horses, but with the great range of races we have, Australia certainly caters for all horses, and they are a few handicappers that are worth watching.

LIFE LESS ORDINARY and MISTER SEA WOLF - We have the likes of Life Less Ordinary, to keep all the Group II horses honest and Mister Sea Wolf who will be running in the lead ups to the Epsom and kept fresh as he races well fresh.

LUCICELLO and TRUE DETECTIVE - Other 3yo’s that you have seen racing recently, such as Lucicello and True Detective will carry on their paths through the spring.

Lucicello from Saturday is likely to run in the Silver Shadow Stakes and True Detective in the Up And Coming.

NATURE STRIP - Another horse that could represent the stable in The Everest is Nature Strip.

I think he has come back a more mature horse again and with him losing those antics of being seen as a 'go fast and hope for the best' type horse, we are starting to see some tractability in him.

He had a trial last week here at Rosehill with James McDonald aboard who said that it is the best he has been.

I think he is a perfect example for a horse to pick up one of the last remaining slots because he is a proven Group I performer.

I know everyone is just waiting to see him settle better.

If he does not gain one of the last available slots, I am certain he will pick up a slot as an emergency and therefore, it is most likely that he will start off in Sydney in the Concorde Stakes and probably the Premier Stakes to announce that he is ready to go, if required for The Everest.

NIGHT’S WATCH - We have many other staying chances in the stable and I have not got time to mention them all, but a horse called Night’s Watch is one that we hope will improve.

NOIRE, SO TAKEN and CELEBRITY DREAM – They will also accompany Invincibella and Eckstein in the fillies and mares races.

PATRICK ERIN - We have last year’s Metropolitan Handicap winner in Patrick Erin who will be trying to defend his title in the Metropolitan and also head through to a Melbourne Cup, which he didn’t quite get to last year, through having to be pushed towards other qualifying races.

I think moving forward with some good relationships between states, we can see Metropolitan winners being exempt from Caulfield Cup ballots.

There is some connection between the two clubs and hopefully the VRC will join as well so that these clubs can help promote each other and see the importance of this.

RE EDIT - This is another horse that can be included into the late developing three-year-olds about to explode.

She was of course placed in the O’Shea Stakes in Queensland and will come on in leaps and bounds.

RELOADED - He is my Caulfield Guineas horse and at this stage, a beautiful type, and reminds me a lot of The Autumn Sun and being a son of Snitzel out of an Oaks winning mare.

I think you will see him come into his own as a three-year-old.

He of course, placed as a Group I two-year-old, but the best is yet to come from him and he is starting to develop into exactly what we had hoped to see.

SHRAAOH - We have the Sydney Cup winner, Shraaoh, in the stable who has only had a handful of starts in Australia and winning first up over 2800m on Cup day announced his arrival, but also announced that horses can win first-up over 2800m or similar, and this is something that the stable was very proud to achieve.

We understand that you need to work in with other people to help you achieve these results including good management, as well as people helping you prepare horse behind the scenes an in this instance the horse was prepared in Newmarket by a good conditioner and this horse obviously came on to win the Sydney Cup.

He has taken all the right steps towards maturing and developing into an Australian-trained horse now who can hopefully be prepared for a Melbourne Cup and the obvious lead up races.

Things have changed a bit with the stayers, years gone by, you would hope to see them flashing home well over 1400m first-up, gradually step up their distances, making sure they ran a 10,000-metre Bart Cummings style preparation and whilst we have not forgotten those great training techniques and still include them, we are including more European training styles in our regime.

This horse will most likely start off over 1900m in the Premiers Cup on the 31st of August.

SUBPOENAED - We have sourced a horse from New Zealand named Subpoenaed, and she will be on a Flight Stakes path, with the view of being an autumn filly for the stable.

TOM MELBOURNE - He will keep all the social media sites active.

If there are some quiet days, I am sure we will put a photo up of Tom in a new location, maybe he is a horse that we could identify as a Saudi Arabian pioneer in the new 20-million-dollar race over there.

I mention this race, because again, we see another country awakening.

We see China making rumblings and their presence has been nearer, not just for the breeding industry and demanding our great Australian racehorses, but also for the opportunity of them buying our horses, hoping they will be taking our best horses, but because we produce so many in Australia, it is certainly going to explode should racing in China and the nearby countries evolve.

TRACY MAY AND MADDI ROCKS - I think a lot of the big names will come from the likes of Tracy May, a well-bred Redoute’s Choice filly, or Maddi Rocks who won impressively at Canterbury and is by Fastnet Rock.

UNFORGOTTEN - Unforgotten will be one of our Cox Plate horses.

She, like many horses, were the ‘forgotten’ horses when Winx was racing, because Winx used to make them look second rate, but I can assure you that Unforgotten is a horse that needs to be followed.

She needs good tracks, forget her wet track form in the autumn, she is a lot better than that, and she is back ready to race well.

She will resume in the Winx Stakes and take a weight-for-age -path through to the Cox Plate.

YOUNGSTAR - To back up our Melbourne Cup horses, we will certainly be nominating a lot of other horses.

I am hoping Youngstar can get back to the level she was at last spring, where she was placed second in the Turnbull behind Winx and then running creditably after being wide in the Melbourne Cup.

She didn’t quite come up as well as I would have liked in the winter but she will be racing first-up in the Winx Stakes, hoping to be able to get back on the Cups path again.

YULONG PRINCE - Along with Verry Elleegant, horses for the Cox Plate will be the likes of Yulong Prince, who is one of a number of horses that we are training for the Yulong ownership group.

Mr Zhang has been very supportive over the past six months, giving us a big number of horses to train and will be a big player in Australian racing and breeding in the years to come.

It is so important that the confidence is given, not only with the way the horses are trained, but of winning races, to ensure this overseas investment in Australian racing remains.

ZOUSAIN - We have Zousain, also as a rough chance of getting into The Everest.

He is a genuine Group I colt having been placed three times at this level and finishing second in each of these three Group I races.

He had some mildly elevated temperatures which was bad timing throughout his three-year-old career and that stopped me from getting him to Group I races in the autumn and winter, and as a result, he is a very lightly raced horse.

I firstly want to see him win a Group I, and if it comes before an Everest, then so be it, but he is certainly one to be watching.

The beauty of The Everest, is that there are other Group I options like the Manikato and other various races and exciting opportunities, but he is one that we will be trialling on the 20th of August, ready to race around the 10th of September.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Chris Waller Chris Waller wrote:

TOM MELBOURNE - He will keep all the social media sites active.

If there are some quiet days, I am sure we will put a photo up of Tom in a new location, maybe he is a horse that we could identify as a Saudi Arabian pioneer in the new 20-million-dollar race over there.

I mention this race, because again, we see another country awakening.

We see China making rumblings and their presence has been nearer, not just for the breeding industry and demanding our great Australian racehorses, but also for the opportunity of them buying our horses, hoping they will be taking our best horses, but because we produce so many in Australia, it is certainly going to explode should racing in China and the nearby countries evolve.

I assume Waller is being mocked in this interview ?

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:27pm
Very informative piece
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 4:36pm

Originally posted by Chris Waller Chris Waller wrote:

<p style="font-size: 16px; : rgb251, 251, 253; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: Lato, sans-serif;"><span style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 0px; font-size: 1.5rem;">TOM MELBOURNE</span> - He will keep all the social media sites active.

<p style="font-size: 16px; : rgb251, 251, 253; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: Lato, sans-serif;">If there are some quiet days, I am sure we will put a photo up of Tom in a new location, maybe he is a horse that we could identify as a Saudi Arabian pioneer in the new 20-million-dollar race over there.

<p style="font-size: 16px; : rgb251, 251, 253; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: Lato, sans-serif;">I mention this race, because again, we see another country awakening.

<p style="font-size: 16px; : rgb251, 251, 253; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: Lato, sans-serif;">We see China making rumblings and their presence has been nearer, not just for the breeding industry and demanding our great Australian racehorses, but also for the opportunity of them buying our horses, hoping they will be taking our best horses, but because we produce so many in Australia, it is certainly going to explode should racing in China and the nearby countries evolve.

I assume Waller is being mocked in this interview ?

[DI
/DIV]

I bloody hope so.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 4:37pm
So many good Kiwi fillies and mares go in, never seen again. Into oblivion... oh dear.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:16pm
" I only really want to give Verry Elleegant three runs and if she has a fourth run, it will be in the Melbourne Cup after running in a Cox Plate."

Pretty much the same way djebel would train her.Big smile
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

" I only really want to give Verry Elleegant three runs and if she has a fourth run, it will be in the Melbourne Cup after running in a Cox Plate."

Pretty much the same way djebel would train her.Big smile

Well 4 runs yes, But not those 3.

Makybe Diva
Turnbull
Caulfield Cup
Melbourne Cup 

Would be, Should be the campaign. 

No good horse should ever go near Moonee Valley.
reductio ad absurdum
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:53pm
YULONG PRINCE - Along with Verry Elleegant, horses for the Cox Plate will be the likes of Yulong Prince, who is one of a number of horses that we are training for the Yulong ownership group.

Mr Zhang has been very supportive over the past six months, giving us a big number of horses to train and will be a big player in Australian racing and breeding in the years to come.

It is so important that the confidence is given, not only with the way the horses are trained, but of winning races, to ensure this overseas investment in Australian racing remains.

Keep it fair and above board Chris. Wouldnt like to see unfair advantages given in the pursuit of happiness....

The bods falling over themselves to keep the Chinese happy is......cringe worthy.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:00pm
Where’s all this Chinese money coming from? No one seems to give a flying f#^k! Can of worms eh?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:05pm

Mate nobody in Racing anywhere on this planet seems to give a stuff where the money comes from.

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Aug 2019 at 8:16pm
reductio ad absurdum
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:11pm

Ain’t that the truth!

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Aug 2019 at 8:16pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:15pm
Most who know a little about the racing and breeding industry follow the Chinese "money trail" and know where it's coming from.  Particularly in the case of Yulong which was earlier identified on TBV.  Very similar indeed to the middle eastern investment and where its cash comes from - you going to differentiate?

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:33pm
SELF-made Chinese billionaire Yuesheng Zhang is pouring millions into racing throughout Australia and on Saturday he unearthed a two-year-old colt which could provide him with a decent return on his massive investment.

Zhang, whose businesses in China include coal mining, wind farms and hotels, has spent millions on bloodstock and farms — and he hasn’t stopped yet in Australia.

After winning a maiden by six lengths at Wodonga last month, Yu Long Sheng Hui will be sent to Zhang’s horse farm, at Bayles, near the new Tynong racecourse, before embarking on a spring campaign.

While trainer Mick Price will set the Sebring colt for the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas, he is concerned with the horse’s greenness but says it’s important that the owners have winners.SELF-made Chinese billionaire Yuesheng Zhang is pouring millions into racing throughout Australia and on Saturday he unearthed a two-year-old colt which could provide him with a decent return on his massive investment.

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Aug 2019 at 8:18pm
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:40pm
I would love to see the big racehorse buyer who got booted out on a morals clause. That would be something to see. If Putin turned up with a big pile of money would he be ok?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 74>