Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chris Waller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 74>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 5:39pm

Stanley one-out against Waller

Andrew Eddy

11:39am

Hawkesbury trainer Jamie Thomsen thought better of it, but not only has Brent Stanley accepted the challenge of facing 11 Chris Waller-trained horses at Randwick on Saturday, he believes he is doing the record-breaking trainer a great favour.

Thomsen decided against running his mare Praise Songs against the exclusively-Waller line-up in the Benchmark 88 handicap over 2400 metres but Stanley paid-up for Red Alto as a late entry partly, he says, to take some of the pressure off Waller with his owners.

"Hopefully my horse wins the race and none of his (Waller) other owners have to worry about one of his other horses beating him," Stanley said.

"But seriously, he's in his right race. It's his right rating. It's his right distance. His form is good. He just needs a little bit of luck in running."

"He's run fourth in a (Victoria) Derby and he's won several Saturday metropolitan open company races. He's just is one of those horses that needs everything to go right and he took forever to come right this preparation - to get ready.

"But he's a fit and happy horse at the moment and he's been around that way (clockwise) several times."

Stanley explained that he was fortunate that nominations were extended for the race until Tuesday.

"It was a bit of a mistake actually," he said. "We missed it (nominations deadline), we were meant to be there but we were out and had a hiccup with no service at the time so we were glad they extended them."

As for taking on 11 Waller horses on Saturday, Stanley was matter of fact.

"Only one of his can win and only one of mine can win," he said.

Stanley is also looking forward to the racetrack debut of his Redoute's Choice three-year-old Mig Energy at The Valley on Saturday.

Purchased by Stanley for $350,000 as a yearling, the trainer said Mig Energy has the potential to make it to a good race.

"He's a nice horse," he said. "He's been gelded as he trialled twice as a colt but he wouldn't let go and so he's been gelded since and has had a few nice jumpouts there at Bendigo.

"He's going really nicely. He'll run good on Saturday and then he'll improve from there."

Stanley has his eyes on some of the spring classics with the likes of the promising new three-year-olds in Casadiva and the unbeaten colt The August.

Casadiva, a $1.15 million yearling purchase, won on debut at Bendigo in the autumn before failing in a lead-up race to the Golden Slipper in Sydney when she got her tongue over the bit.

"She had a jumpout yesterday (Tuesday) and she'll trial on Monday at Cranbourne and then on a Thousand Guineas path," he said.

"She's a lovely horse. She'll more than likely run first-up in the Quezette (August 18 at Caulfield) on her way to the Guineas."

The Sutton Grange-based trainer also has his sights on the Caulfield Guineas with his unbeaten I Am Invincible colt The August.

"He's goes towards the Caulfield Guineas," Stanley said. "He's had two starts for two wins and he'll probably kick off the same day as Casadiva in the Vain Stakes."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:26pm
Great job by Red Alto and Brent Stanley to take on Waller and beat him.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
LOL. Great racing on display there. Congrats to the Stanley team. LOL
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 5:05pm
Great work Brent
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 10:25am
That’s pretty funny...what’s not so funny is Sydney seems to be going the way of Brisbane when it comes to staying races.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 11:54am
Racing is amazing, when you think you could never cheer a Brent Stanley horse after he dudded his owners, along comes this scenario
to the victor
theshu25 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:41pm
Some people cant help themselves,but just have to have a dig. Wow this site is so full of the most whingers and moaners i have ever seen.Never ever anything positive to say,only total negativity/.
theshu
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by theshu25 theshu25 wrote:

Some people cant help themselves,but just have to have a dig. Wow this site is so full of the most whingers and moaners i have ever seen.Never ever anything positive to say,only total negativity/.

You need to read more of the forum.

The vast majority of what is said is actually positive.

reductio ad absurdum
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 7:59pm

strong post from someone who has 25 posts mainly having a whinge himself ? odd move

just a tip it's a forum about racing in which people put hard earn on, waller is a gelati bloke of course some people don't like him Confused
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

need the ability to read for a start 
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Gee Gee Gee Gee wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

need the ability to read for a start 

Good one gee gee
This space has been intentionally left blank
theshu25 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 6:58am
May have only posted 25 times,but have been reading the forum for many many years,no point  posting when so many experts have had their say.I just like to read all the stupid comments from these  people.
theshu
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 9:22am
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

strong post from someone who has 25 posts mainly having a whinge himself ? odd move

just a tip it's a forum about racing in which people put hard earn on, waller is a gelati bloke of course some people don't like him Confused
And that's a fact!
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 1:35pm

May have only posted 25 times,but have been reading the forum for many many years,no point  posting when so many experts have had their say.I just like to read all the stupid comments from these  people.

reading a forum you don't like? how to waste one time like a pro...Confused 

reading your posts you just seem like a crap bloke, you would get along with waller Wink
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:52pm
Anyone know how to identify which of Waller's horses are likely to win? Last start winners regularly don't run a place. Horses with unplaced recent runs win. Is it just a matter of watching the late betting? Betfair? Theories welcome but love to know if someone has a proven method of weeding the wheat from the chaff.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

Anyone know how to identify which of Waller's horses are likely to win? Last start winners regularly don't run a place. Horses with unplaced recent runs win. Is it just a matter of watching the late betting? Betfair? Theories welcome but love to know if someone has a proven method of weeding the wheat from the chaff.

Buy a dartboard
This space has been intentionally left blank
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:29pm
Do the form , first & foremost.

He has several fancied ones in the next at Rhill.

His horse who has won 3 straight will win again.
Not because Chris Waller says it will but recent form says it will.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:45pm
when you get to 2000m or longer the long priced one usually runs well and often wins.

I think it looks this way. He has a massive number of owners and he really does not care which one wins, so he has them at different fitness levels along the way and so we get some winning at the shorter distances and then the one he has targeted at the main race gets up.

Current form for his gallopers for my analysis is irrelevant, but if you can follow patterns like horses who like the distances, track, wet, dry or clockwise and anti clockwise, usually follow the pattern.

If you can do the form for the individual horses from previous preps, you can win backing his horses and win.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

when you get to 2000m or longer the long priced one usually runs well and often wins.

I think it looks this way. He has a massive number of owners and he really does not care which one wins, so he has them at different fitness levels along the way and so we get some winning at the shorter distances and then the one he has targeted at the main race gets up.

Current form for his gallopers for my analysis is irrelevant, but if you can follow patterns like horses who like the distances, track, wet, dry or clockwise and anti clockwise, usually follow the pattern.

If you can do the form for the individual horses from previous preps, you can win backing his horses and win.

Everything you said is "doing the form"

That Waller horse threw that race away by ducking in and then out around the turn ... bit unlucky me feels.    Hughie sleeping on duty again.

That's Racing so off to buy some fillet.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:10pm
Good luck following Waller horses on form. That's just about the worst system I could think of.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

Good luck following Waller horses on form. That's just about the worst system I could think of.

It's a Waller supporter who is buying the fillet....
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:48pm
what I meant max is you should ignore current form.

If you walk into the TAB, and look at the sheet and see say Raqeeq has run a good fourth, and a good second, and then he wins, and you then back him next start, you would do your money.

It is similar to what punters used to do with Bart in the Melbourne Cup. You should not worry about what happens three weeks out or in the Mackinnon, because the first Tuesday was when his stayers were peaking.

Doing the form for a galloper, is different to doing the form for recent runs, you might use the same tools, but you need to read the form lines different.    
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:04pm
I understand Voyager.
I rate horses ... Check times , sectionals, compared to others of the day.
Form patterns of previous runs , rider changes ,   suitable barriers.
Amazing how often you see recent run superb , only to view the cosy run they got from an ideal draw.    Today their out wide, up in class and over bet.

Waller wouldn't be able to name half the horses he has in his care.

Most don't realise what work goes into form study , the lonely hours etc....      PT once said to me , The more study you do the luckier you get.       
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 8:42pm
A good example, too max, of what I am saying, was yesterday with Sandbar in the Rosebud.

Because you had Golden Tycoon who had won and Charge who had won and Plague Stone who had won and Oxford Tycoon who had won, those four initially were at shorter odds, and while three of them finished very close to the winner class shone through. That is what I mean by punters who just read the current form.

Brad Widdup and his stable needed to win that race yesterday to show the horses ability to not only the racegoers, but the owners, who include John Singleton, and Neil Werret, among others. This is how you can get good priced winners ($10 was overs for Sandbar), if you know the stables and the circumstances of the horses preparation, you can ignore current form and get the overs.

I can guarantee that over the early part of spring there will be listed or group 3 quality horses who beat group 1 gallopers, but when they get to the main races the group 1 gallopers will step up.

A good example might be yesterdays Waller winner Paret. He is looking like a superstar against the early season types, but if gets to the Epsom and comes up against Lanciato, Happy Clapper and Kementari and others, he will be competitive but might not be able to win.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:45pm
I see Quick Defense has been sold to Tasmania, and the paid $50,000 for him, but his win yesterday gets them $3,000 in front.

Not a bad advertisement for the Waller factory!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:02pm
This article too on Widdup from The Age on Friday.

A wide draw and top weight of 59 kilograms make his task tough, but there is confidence around the son of Snitzel.

“He is the best sprinter we have in the stable at moment,” Flower said. “He’s paying for winning that black type as a two-year-old, but we think he will get more black type this spring.

“It is a good field on Saturday and he will need to be at his best to win. But he is just the sort of horse that is going to get stronger with every run towards the Golden Rose.

"He won his only trial and he keeps improving at home.”

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:53pm
Strange race the Rosebud. The times were fairly pedestrian for the class (5+ lengths slower than Trekking overall and sectionally) which no doubt helped Sandbar with the weight penalty. He just keeps finding ways to win. Not much doubt in my mind that Ringerdingding should have won or gone very close. Bowman dithered on PS and ended up nowhere with an unhappy horse, and Oxford Tycoon found the right position but didn't give a yelp - has to be something wrong there?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:58pm
Kim Waugh advised today that Oxford Tycoon would be sent to the paddock for at least 3 months to recover from the problem
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

A good example, too max, of what I am saying, was yesterday with Sandbar in the Rosebud.

Because you had Golden Tycoon who had won and Charge who had won and Plague Stone who had won and Oxford Tycoon who had won, those four initially were at shorter odds, and while three of them finished very close to the winner class shone through. That is what I mean by punters who just read the current form.

Brad Widdup and his stable needed to win that race yesterday to show the horses ability to not only the racegoers, but the owners, who include John Singleton, and Neil Werret, among others. This is how you can get good priced winners ($10 was overs for Sandbar), if you know the stables and the circumstances of the horses preparation, you can ignore current form and get the overs.

I can guarantee that over the early part of spring there will be listed or group 3 quality horses who beat group 1 gallopers, but when they get to the main races the group 1 gallopers will step up.

A good example might be yesterdays Waller winner Paret. He is looking like a superstar against the early season types, but if gets to the Epsom and comes up against Lanciato, Happy Clapper and Kementari and others, he will be competitive but might not be able to win.

Sandbar won at listed level last prep 1st up also ,   as did Trekking and others .
    Previous patterns are as important as any variable.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:03am
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

Kim Waugh advised today that Oxford Tycoon would be sent to the paddock for at least 3 months to recover from the problem

Any specifics?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 74>