Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Annenkov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sky high Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 11:27pm

Noticed in another post papyrus said annekov only got a few mares one of which won a Chilean oaks did he get many quality mares like this ?

maxamill said he got 36 mares i looked on the ASB site he served 29 in 2010 and 23 mares  in 2011 .Mainly Oct /Nov  /Dec foals because its so cold there mares usually slower coming in season .
Now thats better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 12:49am
sorry sky, i looked up old email and thats what was to be booked , i know it got swanz , ,and maybe Taunto!!! and some nice oti mares,  a few from down warnambool way  and a few from gippsland way,  so a lot from vic   obviously vic own stallion, yeh i reckon it would be cold there alright ,   but in saying that we didnt get early covering with our other mares last year in vic ,  and i reckon this year might be the same , funny season,   
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 12:54am
Maxi lm rapt to hear Swanz had a big healthy colt although 3 weeks early but all ok so far.Swanz a bit bruised and battered. 
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 2:03am
all good ,she pretty tough ,  now we can see if it will make a race horse , cant we ,,although a long way to go, i believe someone put there reputation on it that it will never make one ,
i aso think the rorys mare is about to pop as well , looking forward to see that as well ,if like the other, be pretty happy ,  
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 7:50pm
THE RORYS MAREClap HAD A COLT AS WELL AND BOTH COLTS DOING WELL.Clap
TAUTO/WINFREUX
sky high View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sky high Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 10:22am

Was thinking of sending a mare . How do the 2010 drop look . Are they all slow maturing staying types .Is he going to get a reasonable book this season?

Now thats better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 9:42pm
ive seen 2 and both strong looking colts.
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:28pm
they seem to be throwing powerful looking horses, as being danehill,big ones and little ones !!!  but rather strong looking sound  types, given he was brought out here as a potential stayer, and he near pinched the railway in wa and the kngston town ,  ,against some of the best milers in the business gilded venom and niconero,   dead set miler , and sound ,   but i reckon you may be able to get a good deal as speaking to allandale they are like alll studs looking for business , depends whereyou are sky, but i found them very good to deal with ,
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 9:21pm
yep both colts show plenty of Danehill which is really good and good bone ld be expecting sprinter milers similar to what Host has thrown.Allandale have done avery good job at a very affordable price.And in this climate reckon a few shrewd breeders will snap up same offer!!!
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 9:16am
annenkov colt 
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 9:21am
annenkov filly  1 st foal   Smile 
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 1:06pm
annenkov colt from maiden mare 

maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 10:33pm
Annenkov, an Ireland sired winner on major tracks in France and Australia who is a new Danehill sire available in New South Wales this year, is a representative of the last annual matings made for Daniel Wildenstein, one of France’s most successful modern breeders and owners.

Wildenstein was a dominant force in Europe for nearly 40 years from the mid1960s, a period in which he was represented by over 80 Group1 winners, including successful Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe contenders Allez France, Peintre Celebre (shuttled), All Along and Sagace (disqualified),

When Wildenstein died at 84 in October 2001, his passing came on the eve of the year in which Annenkov was foaled and in which his four years older sister Aquareliste was one of the stand out classic fillies in Europe. She raced five times for four wins, one of them in the French Oaks, and, finally, a second in the Arc de Triomphe.

They are also siblings to the 2001 foaled Artiste Royal, a winner of two Group1s and second in another in America, and now at stud in France. In addition a winning half-sister, Aurore (by Fasliyev), carrying a foal by Coolmore Danehill shuttler Holy Roman Emperor (IRE) sold for 330,000 guineas at the sales in England last December.

Now available for use at John and Claire Todd’s Allandale Park stud at Hobbys Yards near Bathurst, Annenkov did not win a Group1 race, but his connections regarded him so highly he contested nine at this level, one at Longchamp and the others in Australia. Out here, they included the Caulfield Cup (8th of 16), Underwood Stakes (fifth of 13) and the Mackinnon in Melbourne and in Perth the Railway Stakes (a three-quarter length third; beat Niconero, Bank Robber, Marasco, etc) and the Kingston Town Classic (fourth; won by Niconero)

Besides his Group1 outings, Annenkov demonstrated ability in Australia with wins in the Listed Melbourne Cup Plate (1800m), a Moonee Valley event (1600m) and the $100,000 Ansett (2000m, by 1.75 lengths) at Mornington. Other placings included a second in the Cox Plate-Gr.2 in Perth and a third in the Coongy Handicap-Gr.3 at Caulfield.

Before being acquired for Australia, Annenkov had 11 starts in France for two wins, four seconds, and two thirds.Three successive stakes placings, all at 2000m, were in the Longchamp La Coupe-Gr.3 (a head second), Deauville Gontaut –Gr.3 and Chantilly Boulogne-LR. He finished sixth in one of France’s most prestigious races, the Grand Prix de Paris-Gr.1.

Earner of just on $640,000 from his dual hemisphere racing, he showed good ability from1600m to 2400m, a range that was not surprising as his immediate maternal breeding was conducive to excellence at middle distance.

His dam Agathe did not win above Group 3, but was undoubtedly one of the best fillies of her time, her other efforts including a second in the French One Thousand Guineas-Gr.1, third in the French Oaks-Gr.1 and fourth in America in the Belmont Flower Bowl Handicap-Gr.1.

She is a half-sister by the Lyphard American champion turf performer Manilla (12 wins from18 outings, five Group1 successes, including the American Breeders’ Cup Turf at 2400m) to eight winners including Arcangues (by Sagace; won American Breeders’ Cup Classic, Longchamp Prix d’Ispahan-Gr.1, sire of good winners in Japan).

There are at about 50 stakes winners under the first five dams of Annenkov, including in addition to Aquarelliste, Artiste Royale, Agathe and Arcangues the successful Group1 performers Air de Cour (won Prix du Cadran; second French Derby), Agent Double (French St Leger), Houmayoun (Italian Derby), Sumayr (Grand Prix de Paris), Sarafina (French Oaks) and the good Australian Encosta de Lago product Newport (nine wins, AJC Metropolitan, QTC Brisbane Cup).

Chypre, the Pharos mare who is the seventh dam of Annenkov, has interesting breeding in that she is inbred 4x4 to the immortal St Simon and has as her grandam a mare by Spearmint, English Derby winning son of New Zealand bred giant of Australian racing Carbine. Carbine stood besides St Simon at the Duke of Portland’s Welbeck Abbey in England

josephr View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 1:53pm
Hello  i am new to this forum , and i am looking for the latest information on this stallion Annenkov

We went to visit our Choisir colt at the breakers and speaking with him,  he said he is breaking a few for a major  Vic trainer who actually owns them ,  Very nice types and suggested having a look at him , i have notice he stands in NSW  and feed back most welcome

many regards

joseph 
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 4:43pm

Joe  he stands at allandale  in hobbies yard  near bathurst ,  is owned by a racing syndicate OTI  got some decent enough mares to him and quite a few from trainers ,but i think i know the trainer you are talking about, so they prob wont be at the sales , we have a few and they are nice enough  you prob seen previous picture s  they do however seem to be throwing a type,    give them a ring, i will PM you some details

josephr View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:00pm

Hello, i maybe incorrect, Will he may be Vobis next year

maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:21pm
Hmmm I'd like him to. But doubt it where would he go
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 9:52pm
Great pics MaxSmile
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 11:59pm
How's was Xmas taunto did you like the photo of 2nd mare   I hope you do that's part yours. Cheers
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:30pm
Cheers Max the pic looks fantastic.

Xmas was good and look fwd to a good 2013!!!
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 4:24pm
here a a few nice annenkovs foals  
josephr View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 5:19pm
They are both very nice foals Maxamill, What are your mares called,  We are in talks about purchasing a mare in foal to Annenkov  as there doesnt seem to be any available , I am told he will be in Victoria's Mornington Peninsula  this breeding seasion. 
Do you have  any foals  for sale, 
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 5:51pm
Joe I do not have any foals for sale but I thought I sent you a contact where to get ,but when I look I must of forgot
Sorry I will resend. there is a mare on gavel house for sale.in foal to him There is a bit of talk that he may be heading that way to a good stud ,down there . so reckon they will do a good job with him                                                                  liked the photo of the yearling you sent will get the chance with that trainer. Good luck
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 5:13pm
Annenkov is now in vic at bombora downs at $3300 ,
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 12:01pm
[URL=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/clancy1290/media/annenkovcolt.jpg.html]
Annenkov weanling
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 10:10pm
here he is a bit bigger a lot of presents now for a yearling
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 10:11pm
another annenkov    build like a brick sht house
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 7:59am
They look magnificent but I can't help wondering whether you have a zoom on your camera or just want to show off that incredible stand of green stuff LOL it's nearly January f$s Ermm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 11:19pm
Got a dirty old iPhone no zoom we are about a month behind most other areas you would be familiar with cutting hay boxing day I dare not show you that then 3 ton dry matter per hect rye and strawb clover but these yearlings are hitting g there straps now   
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 8:29am
We carted on Xmas Eve about 20yrs ago which was the last 'normal' year/season we've had. I'm amazed at the variation in Victorias' rainfallthis year in particular with some localities having completed early Oct & others still to go e.g. the Peninsular & West Gippsland (I think) Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>