Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Annenkov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:46pm
Remember that through this topic, I have spoken about lines and even characteristics that have worked the female family.  Simply put, I do not believe that these exist sufficiently in the mating.

One issue that has not been raised, but should certainly be considered is why a strategy of breeding to race should include a first season sire and a maiden mare.  Some risk can be managed relatively easily.
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:23pm
anyone using Annenkov this season great rates
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 9:26pm
Grey Swallow an impressive type got fresh blood not like a lot of stallions with Danehill on both sides.Be interested in your thoughts at$4400 looks very appealing if you had a suitable mare!!!
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 10:13pm
One issue that has not been raised, but should certainly be considered is why a strategy of breeding to race should include a first season sire and a maiden mare.  Some risk can be managed relatively easily.

so what are you saying now , that never use the above mentioned , why !!!  if breeding true to type,   as it is quite clear ,  you dont agree with any of the readily available information that is available , nicks ,tesio  g1 , bla bla  bla ,information ,  so i could only think  that you breed for type,or  more to  it your type !!! 
the only question that needs to be answered is this one , pro quote "I am very confident that Annenkov/Swanz will result in an ordinary racing prospect."
Based on what  !!!!  opinion, fact,  your likes or dislikes   type  or breeding  

this is the only one that needs to be answered,  because here we may be on the crust of  makings of a legend , a true horse maker , maybe we could call it  proway or noway   and given that 9 out of 10 horses do not make it any way,  well   , i  think i will fall short calling u a nostra type figure 

but really really want this answer

Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 10:36pm
Must say I have to agree with Progold here: even if to some extent for different reasons.
It's hard to match Swanz's dam Fikra - essentially because she's from an American family whose members aren't much represented downunder.

However it's far easier to match up her sire Van Nistelrooy with stallions from the Danehill sire line, which means there's plenty to choose from.  And which therefore begs the question as to why Annenkov in particular was plucked out of the pack.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 12:56am
runfer dont get me wrong , i believe Pro does put up a considerable  food for thought type arguement , in most cases !!  and yes, can be very logical , and    ask for proof , in the stormcat danhill saga ,  but yet makes outlandish statements that no proof is availabe, so   isnt that the hole issue  that  was on about in the 1st place , no proof , that nicking  and all the other stuff is useless and 50 50 chance e and bla bla bla
additionally because fikra family is out of the USA does it make it no good ,does unproveN make anythng no good , but i actually believe it is proven ,   give that one of her offsprng has won nearly $1 mill au,  in HK  and the 2nd gen has the 2007  usa sprint champ  and that a horse won the breeders cup not once but twice , considering there are very few horses  to do this in the history , and we are talking in the 2nd dame  not 5 and 6th here, and that swanz won 100 k herself  which in victoria prov and city  is hard to do ,  
given that fikra is a mr p mare and we certainly have information on them , especially with danehill
 given that i believe that stromcat  x danehill or danzig storm bird are a proven thing , as was the original statement,  and for what its worth nd x nd 4x4 or 5x 5 ,and actaully closer if i could get it ,  

given that annenkov dam has produced 3 international multi grp 1 winners  and 3 stakes  winners and was  grp 1 placed  and stakes winner  many times herself , considering that her dam has one on the most impressive resumes a brood mare can have in the world ,

and not but least annenkov himself out of the immortal danehill ,where raced in 3 continents  and in top company is in itself an achievment because he proved beyound doubt his ability , but also longevity as he was running as a 7 yr old,  grp 2 winner  and 2nd  in  grp 1 against some of the best milers  aust has to offer. 
 And having a sound danhill stallion that as above mentioned  to a very tough stormcat mr p line mare to me makes sense, 

and i doubt tauto picked it out of a pack,  it would be closer to home than that

but for the life of me i can not see how someone as astute  as Pro,  and im not taking he piss here either  can make such a bullgelati statement  that the offspring wil never Make a race horse

thats about it ,

tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 6:36pm
l will keep u posted on mating and outcome!!!!
TAUTO/WINFREUX
Sequi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sequi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 1:10pm
Good luck!
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:53pm
sWANZ SHOULD BE UP THE DUFF BY NOW!!!Clap
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 12:36am
hey taunto i heard you suckholed another marquet , invite to the spring  carnival,  fck  i hope it rains LOL
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 9:39am
Great news hope u join me!!!
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 7:18pm
i would have to do to much _____ LOL
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 11:10am
i'm sure l can pull a few strings and get u into marquee.l'm very keen to discuss your broodmares and yearlings u have on the ground and SAHARA!!!

R u keen on Grand Final breakfast and lead up lunches if your available we could touchbase before hand.I went to a fantastic lunch last year at Flemmington in the lead up to Grand Final day.I can recommend that as well.

My Keep The Faith Mare is back in work with Matty Williams and is coming along quite well latest news is she will have trial late October and Italian Machine will be back late november.
U mentioned u have a Court Of Jewels filly with Bennett about to run all the best and kep me posted.

How was NZ?
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 11:13am
If u can come l'll intro u to some Chinese horse investorsWink
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:05pm
she got a spook by 2 rouge rotties,on friday  flicked the rider ,and went gallping down the road , with 2 mad dogs after her ,  she got away  but slipped going through the gate , ok, but had to have a bit of bute ,  it may be the 1st  for the new dangerous dogs rules , if she had of hurt herself seriously ,  i would of shot them ,   she is expected to have her final trial next week  and then into the 3 yr old fillies , 
old mates lands here next sat  
lets hope ya chinese horse man not called  whoflungdun ,  
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 7:43pm
Got great news your in on Emirates dayClap
TAUTO/WINFREUX
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 8:24pm
What are 'rouge' rotties? Not being facetious but can't fit a suitable word if it's a typo Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 9:40pm
rogue  rottweilers, hands faster than brain Thumbs Up
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 5:40pm
Any news to report on Scent Above filly with Bennett and Swanz update send private.HBF upto 800 in evens last 400 in 26sec did on her ear!!!!
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 9:18pm
Derby Oaks Emirates is the go try and get there early!!!
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 3:44pm
hey tauto  fair betting i can sell you another horse now !!! although it might be a bit more expensive  ,good win,  really good win,  i hear the breeder rapt as well
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:27pm
l am very happy with Honey Bee Faithful whata win!!!Clap
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 11:20pm
Whats the latest? 
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 10:28pm
Hows Honey Bee Faithfuls little sister going out of Rakti?
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 8:20pm
Anyone got a yearling out of Annenkov if so luv some pics or a mare in foal?
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 5:57pm
Swanz is doing well so far in foal to Annenkov,has anyone else got a mare in foal to him?
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:46pm
Has anyone got a foal out of Annenkov and if so love a photo?
TAUTO/WINFREUX
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:35pm
Has anyone got any updates on Annenkov,how many mares he served etc?
TAUTO/WINFREUX
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:42pm
i believe 36 mares this year ,which isnt bad considering how the season was , dont reckon they will retire on it though,  a good bunch of mares this year though , a strong victorian contingent,  believe there are a few nice foals  this year as well  ,     
tauto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 7:53pm
has he got any live foals on the ground yet?
TAUTO/WINFREUX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>