Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

CIARON MAHER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:25pm
Wow this escalated quickly.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I suspect it is no more than the company line.

At the end of the day - It was Newsworthy.

Some days you seem perfectly normal. Others........
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:34pm
I am going to get the last word in.

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:36pm

"Too Much Time On My Hands"

Sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool
Got the twelve o'clock news blues
And I've given up hope on the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
Well I'm so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin' but I've no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?
Is it any wonder I've got

Well, I'm a jet fuel genius - I can solve the world's problems
Without even trying
I have dozens of friends and the fun never ends
That is, as long as I'm buying
Is it any wonder I'm not the president
(He's not the president)
Is it any wonder I'm null and void?
Is it any wonder I've got

Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away at my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands, it's hard to believe such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands and it's ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:41pm
Won $250 on the punt today, did my  paperwork, sold 10 tours and argued with Djebel. Easy to do more than one thing SC......
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

This is the Bartley article

Racing Victoria stewards inspected the Caulfield stables of Ciaron Maher after reports that suspended trainer Peter Moody had been in the trainer's area at trackwork and present at his former stables.

Maher has taken over part of Moody's stables when the Black Caviar trainer retired after being suspended for six months, with another six months suspended, for cobalt doping of horse Lidari.

But RVL had been contacted by some trainers claiming that he had been attending trackwork and purchasing yearlings.

Racing Victoria's Integrity Department said two stewards attended Maher's Caulfield stables and held a thorough examination of the barns and also monitored the feeding arrangements in place for the horses.

Last month, all of the stables, tack rooms and adjoining rooms were inspected with investigators confirming that the stables had changed in appearance since Moody vacated the stables and retired from racing.

On that day of the inspection, Sarah Moody, wife of Peter, tweeted: "Stewards probed maher stables this morning looking for clues PGM still training there, not everyone lies & deceives, so pleased to be out!". Stewards then held interviews, firstly with stable staff of Maher's and then questioned at length employees who were formerly part of Moody's business.

Wade Hadley, one of the investigators, said the feeding arrangements and the look of the Maher stable were different.

Stewards then interviewed Maher who gave an assurance that he was the designated trainer and not Moody.

Some of the horses in Maher's new stable are part-owned by Moody's wife Sarah, who is a registered thoroughbred owner.

Registered owners are bound by the rules of racing and in this context Sarah Moody has been summoned by stewards to attend an inquiry into social media posts which might be perceived prejudicial to the image of racing.

Sarah Moody's tweets were aimed at Terry Bailey and made reference to Melbourne's gangland underbelly.

Moody, who Fairfax Media believes is not a registered owner, has become a paid ambassador for a corporate bookmaker.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/racing-victoria-stewards-raid-maher-stables-20160517-gox91t#ixzz48yhBiZ6U
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Let's try this again...
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Ciaron Maher has moved to clarify the circumstances around a recent visit to his stables by Racing Victoria stewards.

The Caulfield trainer spoke out after a report that Peter Moody’s former stables, a section of which he now oversees, had been ‘raided’.

Maher confirmed the stables had been visited by Racing Victoria steward Wade Hadley, but said it was a prearranged visit as part of licensing procedure.

“It was an inspection to get approved so I could start training there,” Maher said. “Every stable needs to be approved before you can start training.

I rang the stewards. There was no raid. An appointment was made a week earlier so I could get the stables approved.

“When I first went to Robert Smerdon’s the stewards had to come and approve the stables and when I came to Rick Hore-Lacy’s the stewards had to come and approve those stables.”

“It was a licensing thing.”

Maher moved into the stables Moody trained out of until the weeks following the start of his six-month suspension, which commenced following the William Reid Stakes meeting at Moonee Valley on March 24.

Hadley confirmed the April 14 visit and said stewards were content with the circumstances around the stabling arrangement.

“We spoke to Ciaron Maher and Ben Connolly, Ciaron Maher’s racing manager, and prearranged a time to inspect both the stables he is currently based in and the ex-Peter Moody stables,” Hadley said.

“We did a walk through and spoke to be Connolly and Steph Little, an ex-Moody stable employee who is now working for Ciaron Maher.

“It was done as part of the normal licensing process.

“We just wanted to be satisfied that Ciaron Maher was the trainer of the horses (there) and Mr Moody was not. We’re satisfied that is the case.”

Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:44pm
3 pages of argument about a non-story. Classic TBV.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:44pm
Next week, TMZ will follow Moody into his prostate exam.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Won $250 on the punt today, did my  paperwork, sold 10 tours and argued with Djebel. Easy to do more than one thing SC......

The least you could additionally do is crack a smile Subby.  Smile
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:37pm

Oh stop talking your condescending gelati. You are one or the other. It was absolutely newsworthy.

Not earth shattering ground breaking information but it was newsworthy. 

Impeccable logic djebel. Never come across the "none of the above" option on multiple choice questions I presume?LOL
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:38pm
If in doubt- always tick 'C'
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:43pm
Think the point everyone missed is that it was the trainer's peers that blew the whistle here due to a number of issues over the last few weeks. Not the RVL going in blind half cocked.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

Think the point everyone missed is that it was the trainer's peers that blew the whistle here due to a number of issues over the last few weeks. Not the RVL going in blind half cocked.

No no no no no.

Nothing happened.

There is no story here.

I will get the last word in.

reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:47pm
Think he has a big hope at Doomben with Imperial Lass @ $17Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:47pm
As the late much despised/admired Maggie Thatcher once said (sort of): "name one!". 
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

God there's some bullgelati around racing and on forums.

Here we go again, how did I know this pain in the ass would be lurking in this thread judging people. If this is what you call contribution well I guess that explains everything. LOL
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:14pm

It means Bartley was obviously struggling for something to write about, and more, djebel. If reporting on routine RV work is the best he has, Fairfax might as well show him the door. The rest I'll leave to you to work out.

The only people who would think this is a non story are those who are Peter Moody apologists or are so anti Patrick Bartley they let it cloud their judgement. 

Just wait for that Moody apologist to step into thread and he will do an about turn. He does like being usurped. Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

God there's some bullgelati around racing and on forums.

Here we go again, how did I know this pain in the ass would be lurking in this thread judging people. If this is what you call contribution well I guess that explains everything. LOL

I could offer at least three probabilities. PM me and I'll reveal the obvious.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:56pm
FOOLS !!!! Everybody knows that the real source of racing news is The Thoroughbred Village.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:25pm
Not sure why Sarah mentions underbelly given Mokbel was a client
Diamond Lover View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamond Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:34pm
Smells worse out Mornington. Maybe they should tale a look out that way... 
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 7:54pm
He is so good at targeting races. Oaks, Stradbrokes, Grand Annuals, Caulfield Cups, it doesn't matter. He rarely gets it wrong.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 7:57pm
If anyone can put up the herald sun feature interview about the maher family it is a great read. In today's paper
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 5:40pm
Akavaroun ready for a big run today .
Morgan Dollar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 6:38pm
Thought it looked like it would launch over the top at the 350 but just peaked
Go The Dollar..!
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 1:59pm
Maybe it's just me struggling to find an edge backing him, but is this guy just paddling this season?

James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Maybe it's just me struggling to find an edge backing him, but is this guy just paddling this season?

Have not looked at the numbers but some trainers just get over bet. Waller and Weir's horses are often a bit shorter than they should be for this reason. Throw Bowman on a Waller horse and you can nearly guarantee it will be under the odds.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:37pm
5 of his last 10 runners have won. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:38pm
13 of his last 50.

He has a Caulfield Cup on the mantelpiece I doubt he is struggling 
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>