Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

CIARON MAHER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Why is it not news worthy that Victorian Stewards were investigating the possibility that Peter Moody was training some of Mahers horses ?

I find that absolutely news worthy.

It is only newsworthy if he was there. Until then, its scuttlebutt. They created a story based on zero fact. That's gossip, not news.

No the story is that The Stewards were investigating the situation.

It was absolutely news worthy. 
reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:48pm
No, it isn't.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:49pm
You must read The Daily Terrorgraph in Sydney?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:49pm
Yes it is.
reductio ad absurdum
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:50pm
I like Maher but if you lay down with dogs.......
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:50pm
Why ?

They would not write anything newsworthy.

This is absolutely newsworthy.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

I like Peter Moody.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:52pm
That is not to call Moods a dog in anyway as that would be way too harsh. But by Maher taking over these stables with some of the Moody's horses amongst them he is going to continue to cop heat from racing Vic. I wonder if it is worth the trouble.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:52pm

Ridiculous comment
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:54pm
probably read the one below it. I am not Moody's biggest fan, I do think he got caught out cheating. I do not think he is a dog however.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:57pm
So every trainer that took horses off Moody is what?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:06pm

I only have heard gossip and innuendo sub, so to escape the wrath of your scrutiny I will not be going down any path with what I have heard. But I have been told there is more to this story by folks that have connections with some of the horses involved.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:07pm
Why, when we want to be derogatory towards somebody do we call them a dog as if dogs are somehow bad ?

Call him a moron or something but not a dog. Dogs deserve better.

reductio ad absurdum
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:07pm

And to use the headline Stewards raid Maher stables was pathetic. The Age is basically finished as a paper. This country is deplorable for newspapers. The Australian and the Newscorpse are abysmal and the Age seems hellbent on following them. Take me back to the UK!!! Amazing papers there.

While the papers here are awful, to suggest that they are any better in the UK is way off the mark. They wrote the script and our papers followed.

Won't even mention the low rags names...
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:16pm
God there's some bullgelati around racing and on forums.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

God there's some bullgelati around racing and on forums.

So, Does that mean you thought the story was a non event ?

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:39pm
It means Bartley was obviously struggling for something to write about, and more, djebel. If reporting on routine RV work is the best he has, Fairfax might as well show him the door. The rest I'll leave to you to work out.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

And to use the headline Stewards raid Maher stables was pathetic. The Age is basically finished as a paper. This country is deplorable for newspapers. The Australian and the Newscorpse are abysmal and the Age seems hellbent on following them. Take me back to the UK!!! Amazing papers there.

While the papers here are awful, to suggest that they are any better in the UK is way off the mark. They wrote the script and our papers followed.

You have options in the UK. We have nothing like The Independent, Guardian (only online here), Telegraph etc to go with Murdoch crap and pompous Times etc.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:45pm

I only have heard gossip and innuendo sub, so to escape the wrath of your scrutiny I will not be going down any path with what I have heard. But I have been told there is more to this story by folks that have connections with some of the horses involved.

You ever thought of a journo contract with Fairfax? Patrick Bartley needs an apprentice.
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:47pm
- - - said Foreskin Fred
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:49pm

It means Bartley was obviously struggling for something to write about, and more, djebel. If reporting on routine RV work is the best he has, Fairfax might as well show him the door. The rest I'll leave to you to work out.

The only people who would think this is a non story are those who are Peter Moody apologists or are so anti Patrick Bartley they let it cloud their judgement. 

reductio ad absurdum
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:51pm

Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

You have options in the UK. We have nothing like The Independent, Guardian (only online here), Telegraph etc to go with Murdoch crap and pompous Times etc.

Yeah but we also have nothing like the S*n, the News of the World, Daily Mail etc

Just a disgusting stream of gelatie daily.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:54pm

The only people who would think this is a non story are those who are Peter Moody apologists or are so anti Patrick Bartley they let it cloud their judgement. 

Rubbish. Where is the proof Moody has been at the stables? Bartley has none. Maher has come out and said why the stewards were coming and it wasn't to check on Moody. So where is the story?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:05pm

I'm neither djebel so your conclusion falls at the first hurdle. If Bartley's brief from Fairfax is padded waffle then he's doing his job. The capacity for invention around racing circles and even moreso on forums is apparently limitless. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:07pm

Rubbish. Where is the proof Moody has been at the stables? Bartley has none. Maher has come out and said why the stewards were coming and it wasn't to check on Moody. So where is the story?

He was simply reporting that Stewards were out their looking into the allegation. 

He is not the one making the accusation he is the one reporting it.

Moody's reaction on twitter tells us that Bartleys mail, that he must have got from RV, was probably on the money.

reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:08pm
Have you even read Skydancers post linking the article on the last page? I really don't think you have.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:09pm

I'm neither djebel so your conclusion falls at the first hurdle. If Bartley's brief from Fairfax is padded waffle then he's doing his job. The capacity for invention around racing circles and even moreso on forums is apparently limitless. 

Oh stop talking your condescending gelati. You are one or the other. It was absolutely newsworthy.

Not earth shattering ground breaking information but it was newsworthy. 

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:12pm

Have you even read Skydancers post linking the article on the last page? I really don't think you have.

Why did they need satisfaction Peter Moody was not the trainer if there was no suspicion he might have been ?

reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:20pm

Why did they need satisfaction Peter Moody was not the trainer if there was no suspicion he might have been ?

What part of normal licensing procedure are you struggling with?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:23pm
I suspect it is no more than the company line.

At the end of the day - It was Newsworthy.

reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>