Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Michelle Payne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:24pm
Invincible Al scratched from HQ so she can relax at Werribee. Rides 6/4 fav Pieridae for Paddy also.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 10:16pm
Just saw that. Flemington ride is 12.30 and Werribee is 1.25
Wouldn’t want any traffic delays
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:47pm
Do the Stweards normally allow such a close call ?
reductio ad absurdum
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:03am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Do the Stweards normally allow such a close call ?

Was thinking the same. If there’s a protest or delay she’s no hope. Plus they are meant to be on course by the race prior, I believe.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:31am
Won’t matter now, 3 of her rides are scratched
Only riding Condover Hall now
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 3:11pm
Trained a double today
Both ridden by J Childs
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:18pm
She is set to appear on ‘Interview’ with Andrew Denton at 8.45pm tonight on Ch 7 if anyone is interested
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:14am
Well, that was a big improvement on Giles Thompson.  There might be hope for racing yet.

One of the attractions of sport, and racing in particular, is the stories it tells, and in my time there has never been a more fantastic story than Michelle Payne*.  You couldn't imagine such a story.  You would return the script and ask the author to try be more realistic.  

* OK, maybe its a photo finish with Steven Bradbury.  That was insane. 
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:17am
Nice picks Tontonan. The Payne family story is quite incredible. I'm not confident but I really hope the movie is more akin to a doco with licence than to a soap opera.

Fidler did a Conversations episode with Bradbury a few months ago. Incredible story. 
"Australia's best-known Olympic skater nearly died on the ice when he was 20. Eight years later, he won history's most unexpected gold medal"

Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Well, that was a big improvement on Giles Thompson.  There might be hope for racing yet.

One of the attractions of sport, and racing in particular, is the stories it tells, and in my time there has never been a more fantastic story than Michelle Payne*.  You couldn't imagine such a story.  You would return the script and ask the author to try be more realistic.  

* OK, maybe its a photo finish with Steven Bradbury.  That was insane. 
I couldn't imagine Takeover Target and Joe Janiak?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 12:52pm
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 6:45pm

QUIT? NO WAY, I’M TOO EXCITED – MICHELLE

November 15, 2018 10:14 am

ANY thoughts Michelle Payne may have had about retiring from race riding have been put on hold because she’s too excited to quit.

At Sandown on Saturday, Payne trains and rides two horses and both have her bouncing out of bed in the morning, as do one or two others in her flourishing Ballarat stable.

Optimizzer is a $41 shot on debut in the Merson Cooper Stakes, odds that bely Payne’s confidence in the debutante, who has been entered for the Blue Diamond Stakes.

“He’s a lovely little colt. He’s still a bit green but I really like him. If he had blinkers I’d be a bit more confident but I’m going to hold off with those,” Payne said.

“He’s going to acquit himself well, although I know he will improve and I’d like to see some cut out of the track, which I’m not sure we’re going to get.”

Sweet Rockette runs in the Twilight Glow Stakes en route to the $2 million Magic Millions Guineas on January 12.

The filly trialled brilliantly at Cranbourne last Monday and is a $5.50 fixed odds chance at Sandown.

“It’s been six or seven weeks since she last raced which makes me a little concerned about the 1400 metres but I wanted to test her at the trip before the Millions,” she said.

“But she’s freshened up beautifully.”

Payne had always indicated that retirement from riding was imminent but she is determined to be at least part of the early careers of her team, particularly her handful of youngsters.

“I’ve got three two-year-olds; this little bloke on Saturday, a lovely one by Pins which I really like and another by So You Think out of Champagne, the mare who ran second in a Melbourne Cup,” she said.

“I’d like to at least be riding to partner then through the autumn and following spring and certainly for Sweet Rockette now that they (Racing QLD) have decided to allow dual licence holders to ride there.

“I’m quite specific about how I like my horses ridden and as much as we have so many very good jockeys it’s not easy to find one to ride exactly how you’d like.

“And I really hate riders who are heavy with the whip, so it’s not always easy to find really kind riders in that sense as well.”

BY: Matt Stewart RSN Racing Editor

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:47am
Go Michelle.   Rip it up them.   Get the old Mens Shed Brigade into over drive Thumbs UpLOL  Even just win one and they will be in melt down.  LOL
animals before people.
Enabled View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enabled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:04am
Her stats as a trainer and jockey are crap last 2 years. Would not touch.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Enabled Enabled wrote:

Her stats as a trainer and jockey are crap last 2 years. Would not touch.

Who cares what you think LOL     Give us your stats on the best trainers and jocks in the last 2 years.  And your betting balance Thumbs Up
animals before people.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 9:49pm
I’m quite specific about how I like my horses ridden and as much as we have so many very good jockeys it’s not easy to find one to ride exactly how you’d like

I remembered this as I watched her ride today.
Heavenly Glow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenly Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 10:09am
She must like them ridden 3 wide out in the bleachers. Poor Sweet Rockette.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:26pm

Michelle Payne fined for negligence

Racing Victoria stewards have fined dual licence holder Michelle Payne for having therapeutic products and sealed syringes in her possession at a race meeting last month.

Stewards opened an inquiry into the reason therapeutic products (Phenylbutazone, Acepromazine and SwellDOWN) were in her stable raceday bag while other products were found in her vehicle at Geelong on April 2.

The stewards’ search also found sealed syringes in the raceday bag, which contained equipment for Payne’s runner Jukila, who was engaged to race at the meeting.

Stewards concluded their inquiry at Ballarat on Friday. The stewards noted Jukila produced clear samples from the day, showing the products had not been used on the horse.

However, stewards fined Payne $1000 for negligence for having the products in her possession at the races.

Stewards noted Payne pleaded guilty to the charge and gave forthright evidence during their investigation and the products were therapeutic items.

However, bringing the items to the races without the written permission of stewards was an offence under the rules of racing.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 5:01am
"Back Payne, drink beer" ... naaah, doesn't resonate.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 12:23pm
Should have been given a commendation for having post race recovery aids available for her horses. Not everybody has on course stables where they race. Some people travel hours, so can’t see the big deal. Pre race treatments are the bigger issues
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 1:34pm
Too true, we used to ice ours straight after a race before the long float trip home, now you can't even do that, crazy, stupid even.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 3:24pm
Her stable's really firing at the moment: 9 wins from her last 23 starters.

Interesting distances for the wins: 1600 (3), 2000 (3) 2100 (2) and 2700.

Think she just might make the grade as a trainer of middle distance and staying types.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 1:12pm
Back Payne, make gain ???? 
Backpain, less pain ??
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

"Back Payne, drink beer" ... naaah, doesn't resonate.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 1:14pm
When I put a smiley face, its putting those question marks instead
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 7:08pm
Yes, my lightbulb does the same thing 
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 3:54am
Not a thousand dollar offence

Edited by Gay3 - 17 Jun 2020 at 10:22am
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:05am
Got one in at Sandown, last race, can win
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Her stable's really firing at the moment: 9 wins from her last 23 starters.  Interesting distances for the wins: 1600 (3), 2000 (3) 2100 (2) and 2700.  Think she just might make the grade as a trainer of middle distance and staying types.  

And another two winners from 8 starters since then over 2400 and 2100m.  She proved the doubters wrong as a jockey, and now doing the same as a trainer.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 6:36pm
Love her as a trainer. 
reductio ad absurdum
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 6:44pm
Have her victory speeches improved ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859>