Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Michelle Payne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 59>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:17pm

Jockey, @mj_payne has lost today's appeal over a Moonee Valley suspension from last Saturday. Now on the sidelines till Thurs November 13.

James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:18pm
Guess the judge should get another job hey Hatch. 
Kingyy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:25pm
winner! couldn't be happier that she's out of racing for a few meetings.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:29pm
Every jockeys nightmare - missing cup week. Obviously the judge saw it the same way that the stewards saw it and they are in the best position to decide. The appeals board is pretty good as well I think with jockeys regularly getting reduced sentences if the stewards have got it wrong.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:31pm
Let me just get some popcorn....this should be fun!!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:32pm
She was suspended for two of her rides last weekend wasn't she ?

If she only had to appeal the Moonee Valley cup ride I'd suspect she'd have gone close to winning, Though I have not seen the judgement.
reductio ad absurdum
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:37pm
djebel, pretty sure she didn't appeal the suspension for the Akavoroun ride.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:38pm
She didn't enter a plea for it, and was given 10 meetings, so best she could do was get the suspensions reduced to 10 meetings
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Dead So I am completely wraa wru wrooo Sorry I just can not write it........
reductio ad absurdum
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 2:38pm
Michelle Payne has lost her appeal against a careless riding charge and will miss the remainder of the Spring carnival.

Her appeal against the charge and severity of it was dismissed by the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board at a hearing which commenced at 11am on Tuesday.

Payne incurred a 20 meeting suspension for careless riding aboard Prince Of Penzance on their way to claiming the Moonee Valley Cup.

The suspension will cost Payne the ride on Prince Of Penzance who will have his next start either in the Group 2 Queen Elizabeth or if numbers fall away, the Melbourne Cup (3200m).

Prince Of Penzance incurred a 2kg penalty for last Saturday’s win and the success also saw the Pentire gelding pass the first ballot clause for the event.

Payne can return to race riding on Thursday, November 13.

Racing and Sports
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 2:57pm
they should have fined her for wasting everyone's time .. Silence is deafening Hatch
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Dead So I am completely wraa wru wrooo Sorry I just can not write it........

No one has managed to write that word on this thread near as I can tell LOL
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:29pm
I was wrong. She should have got cumulative penalties. Concurrent means keep knocking them over because your getting a holiday anyway.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:36pm
I have absolutely no doubt had the appeal been overturned, Hatch would have graced us with his presence by now...
Air Seattle View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air Seattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:47pm
Point of legal mumbo jumbo.

It is upheld rather than overturned, subbie Smile

There is always VCAT don't forget for the last avenue.

tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:52pm
if chad got 30+ for his ride, michelle should be counting her lucky stars she didn't get 60.

hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

I have absolutely no doubt had the appeal been overturned, Hatch would have graced us with his presence by now...

All good , a kick in the guts is good for us ,toughens , strengthens ,makes us better .   She has to be very greatful that the shifting horses in front of her ,not only could have brought Chad down but her as well .    Good that Chad does not blame her for his fall . Sad for her and her family that her appeal failed , but look at all the joy it has given to so many forumites here.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 6:16pm
Chad is so sure it was not her fault he is trying to talk her into going to VCAT.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

Chad is so sure it was not her fault he is trying to talk her into going to VCAT.

Yeh, Chad is the best guy to talk to in this regard.....
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Kingyy Kingyy wrote:

winner! couldn't be happier that she's out of racing for a few meetings.

The joy that so many of you have got out of her misfortune is something to behold , human nature.
Kingyy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 8:57am
misfortune??? incompetent more like it!
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Kingyy Kingyy wrote:

misfortune??? incompetent more like it!

You get a lot of joy out of it because you think she is incompetent ?
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:17am
I think some people get enjoyment out of it because you are giving them the sh1ts Hatch.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:31am
Originally posted by James James wrote:

I think some people get enjoyment out of it because you are giving them the sh1ts Hatch.

I think you might be right ,   they don't like it when I ask them what was wrong with her ride on Azkadellia ,   and they are caught out , they have no idea what to say.      They say it was a terrible ride ,but cant find any sensible fault with it.    I can understand that gives them the sh.ts.
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:37am
Or more likely your inability to listen.

I love the internet.

Rule one - be loud

Rule two - don't listen to anyone else even if they give a conclusive reason

Rule three - be loud.

Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

I think you might be right ,   they don't like it when I ask them what was wrong with her ride on Azkadellia ,   and they are caught out , they have no idea what to say.      They say it was a terrible ride ,but cant find any sensible fault with it.    I can understand that gives them the sh.ts.
you are a deadest pickle Hatch , reread the thread and you may see a number of issues with her ride , none of which you have addressed apart from your contradictory motherhood statements .
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Spearmint View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spearmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:44am

LOLLOL

Trying to reason with Hatch is like justifying hypocrisy as legitimate thought.

It appears as if the stewards in Victoria are trying to make a statement about "competitive riding"
whether it be from Payne,  Schofield or whoever.
What this really means is that they would like our jockeys to ride with more room between horses and don't take a gap that is marginal.     ie. think of rider and horse safety before trying to win the race.
Perhaps this is the direction stewards would like to see racing in Victoria go!!!

"Nothing in the world is so powerful as an idea whose time has come"
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:58am
But Michelle Payne is a better rider than Scobie Beasley.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 10:09am
http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/mitchelton-wines-bm64-handicap/tabid/87/raceid/1234991/default.aspx

Any thoughts on this ride from Reygan Bayliss yesterday on Fire Truck At the 1200m on the head-on you can see him pull out and make contact with Bunsen Burner who then pulled out of the race.

Asked after the race did he see what happened to the favorite, he said "No, not after I shouldered him out of the way"
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/mitchelton-wines-bm64-handicap/tabid/87/raceid/1234991/default.aspx

Any thoughts on this ride from Reygan Bayliss yesterday on Fire Truck At the 1200m on the head-on you can see him pull out and make contact with Bunsen Burner who then pulled out of the race.

Asked after the race did he see what happened to the favorite, he said "No, not after I shouldered him out of the way"

That's the rub of it isn't it BD. If they were consistent in their suspension policies there would be no jockeys available to ride. I think it is the inconsistency that gives everyone the gelatis.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 59>