Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Michelle Payne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 59>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michelle Payne
    Posted: 18 May 2011 at 3:42pm
I notice she hasn't had a ride since February. Does anyone know the reason why?
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 3:52pm
Had a spill at Caulfield one Saturday and I think she fractured vertebrae.
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 3:59pm
She'll be back in 4 to 5 weeks
giddyup View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giddyup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:19pm
Back riding trackwork from last Saturday. Cheers.
fritta101 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritta101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:01pm
Reckon she was just starting to find her niche, deserves more opportunities imo, this time of year would be perfect for her with the big boys up north, pity shes not up and firing
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 6:27pm
Thanks for the info guys. Hope we see her back soon. I notice Yosei is first up this Saturday which made me think of her.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 6:35pm
Judging by the cheers at the end I think giddyup is Michelle or is closely associated.

You all know we have some media types and industry players moving within our quaint village so if you are here Michelle love your riding and keep the form up when you get back Thumbs Up.

Always thought the village was the spot the movers and shakers in the inudstry come to when they want public feeling on a racing issue.

Hope to see you traversing the village forums Ray Thomas Ouch Censored 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:41am
she's got the best hands in melbourne
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:08am

Home
News
Races
Results
Scr
Stats
Results
Products
Blackbook

Payne banned for 20 meetings after Schofield fall
Brad Waters
Michelle Payne will appeal a 20-meeting suspension earned after stewards deemed her actions caused Chad Schofield to fall from Albonetti in Saturday’s Group II Moonee Valley Gold Cup.

Schofield and Albonetti escaped serious injury in the incident rounding the home turn but stewards charged Payne with careless riding at the 400m of the $250,000 contest.

Payne sent her mount Prince of Penzance into a gap between Precedence and Tommy Berry’s mount Le Roi, which forced Precedence out in front of Albonetti, which clipped heels and fell.

Stewards told Payne she should not have pushed Prince Of Penzance into the gap but the angry rider told chief steward Terry Bailey Dwayne Dunn’s mount Epingle contributed to the incident when the Mick Kent-trained mare shifted in.

"Dwayne Dunn shifts in and he’s not even asked about that,” Payne said. "I believe I’m being unfairly treated.

"I had to get in there (into the gap) because I would have been the one on the deck.”

Bailey told Payne Schofield’s fall meant the incident fell into the high range of severity before suspending her from midnight on Sunday until November 14.

Stewards also suspended Payne for careless riding on Akavoroun in the Group II Crystal Mile.

Payne reserved her plea to the charge of allowing Akavoroun to shift in when insufficiently clear of Desert Jeuney.

However, stewards handed Payne a 10-meeting ban for that offence.
Sunline...simply supreme
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Home
News
Races
Results
Scr
Stats
Results
Products
Blackbook

Payne banned for 20 meetings after Schofield fall
Brad Waters
Michelle Payne will appeal a 20-meeting suspension earned after stewards deemed her actions caused Chad Schofield to fall from Albonetti in Saturday’s Group II Moonee Valley Gold Cup.

Schofield and Albonetti escaped serious injury in the incident rounding the home turn but stewards charged Payne with careless riding at the 400m of the $250,000 contest.

Payne sent her mount Prince of Penzance into a gap between Precedence and Tommy Berry’s mount Le Roi, which forced Precedence out in front of Albonetti, which clipped heels and fell.

Stewards told Payne she should not have pushed Prince Of Penzance into the gap but the angry rider told chief steward Terry Bailey Dwayne Dunn’s mount Epingle contributed to the incident when the Mick Kent-trained mare shifted in.

"Dwayne Dunn shifts in and he’s not even asked about that,” Payne said. "I believe I’m being unfairly treated.

"I had to get in there (into the gap) because I would have been the one on the deck.”

Bailey told Payne Schofield’s fall meant the incident fell into the high range of severity before suspending her from midnight on Sunday until November 14.

Stewards also suspended Payne for careless riding on Akavoroun in the Group II Crystal Mile.

Payne reserved her plea to the charge of allowing Akavoroun to shift in when insufficiently clear of Desert Jeuney.

However, stewards handed Payne a 10-meeting ban for that offence.

Sorry but the editor missed it. The gap was between Precedence and Black Tycoon which was pushed out by Le Roi.

wizz View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:36am
Michelle is guts personified,much respect to her and to all the courageous jockeys out there..If miss payne ever loses that riding spirit showed then she will know it is time to give it away..

Punters love backing jockeys who ride fairly and aggressively..Thumbs Up
Hmmmmm.....
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:39am
She is kidding isn't she? No choice but to take the run that wasn't there? At least there will be a few less horses slaughtered over the carnival. Smile
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:51am
Is there a head-on available?

I've only seen the normal race coverage.  Not sure there was ever a proper gap.

Probably wouldn't get a 20 day ban overturned?  And getting it reduced doesn't do much good, when there's a concurrent 10 day ban anyway.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:55am
I saw the head on there was no gap. Not even half a gap. She would have knocked Precedence sideways if Albonetti hadn't have been there, instead Pecedence was knocked onto Albonetti who fell instead.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:56am
Her quote in today's age is pretty damning"I didn't want to go into the run , but I just found myself there" followed up by "the horse just towed me into the run"
Is she strong enough? If not then that is going to create future issues .
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:57am
We whinge when Carnival jockeys ride at the provincials or at lesser meeting and do not do exactly what she did, and we whinge when she does what she did.

They are in no win situations - Jockeys.

On the one hand when there is a tragedy we bemoan how dangerous their profession is yet they contribute a great deal to that danger.

Ying Yang 

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Her quote in today's age is pretty damning"I didn't want to go into the run , but I just found myself there" followed up by "the horse just towed me into the run"

If horses want something we have seen before that even the strongest riders can not control them.

How strong would Jim Cassidy be ?
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

She's full of gelati, she clearly angled her horse for that run. First she was blaming D Dunn and Epingle, now she points the finger at her horse. gelati talker just cop your penalty and be thankful no one was seriously injured or killed.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:06pm
Maybe she was questioning and challenging the consistency of recent rulings. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:37pm
I don't know BD, i'm no steward or jock but even I could see what she did was wrong hell my missus hates racing and she watched it again and even she could tell it was bad. Like I said, she should be thankful nothing really bad happened, cop her whack and just STFU. IMO. Wink
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:40pm
How do you explain the decisions in the Manikato? The only difference I can see was that nobody fell, yet Bowman got a truckload of weeks for the potential of a fall 

Maybe Bailey should go on RSN and explain a line through all the recent decisions. Not sure he could make it very straight though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:54pm
It was agreed in the Manikato that TOB himself shied away from the incoming LR and that too contributed to the interference. The two don't compare IMO the second Floggy Newitt knew he was going to cause interference he pulled away, Michelle went through with hers.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 1:11pm
I don't think the gap was there and I'm surprised that she got off so lightly. 
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

I don't think the gap was there and I'm surprised that she got off so lightly. 

I will be shocked if she doesn't get off when it goes to RAD BOARD.
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 1:26pm
It's strange though that generally when a jockey shoulders their way into the clear and wins a race they are usually applauded for good hard riding.  
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 1:44pm
now schofield will know what it's like on the other side
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 2:04pm
Mooney Valley - where race stewards actually have to do some work.

Panspermia.
well_rated View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote well_rated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 8:39pm
What she did yesterday was shocking & poor, I also think she only rode like that because of the pasting she copped last week over a poor ride.

There was no run there, yet she pushed it out and caused a fall, 20 meetings is too little IMO
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 8:41pm
For those who think Chad learnt a lesson ... Shame on you
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Off and racing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Off and racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 9:10pm
How does Chad get rubbed out for a longer duration for something not even comparable then when Michelle only gets 20 absolute disgrace where is the consistency. Could have easily been another death. Where is the consistency, one of the worst incidents by Saturday metro races in a long time. Also Froggys ride to get Lankan in on Friday, I remember Nash getting quite a few weeks for less riding squmosa in the golden rose. These stewards are a disgrace make up your minds either let them knock them down or punish them harshly. All everyone wants is consistency. Not just hand out punishments based on how they are feeling when they get out of bed or who they pick to have a target on there back
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 59>