Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Noel Callow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noel Callow
    Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:16am
Back Riding in Victoria this weekend Clap  Clap  Clap
Morgan Dollar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 11:34am
Great to hear, any idea on how long he's saying Blaster..?
Go The Dollar..!
Timbertim View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timbertim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 2:06pm
N Callow, one of the best jockeys "ever".
Knew his old man Kevin, who was no slouch himself one of SA's best riders in the 80,s.
Noel has the wood on his old man though, could win on a wheel barrow.Clap
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 2:13pm
I Don't know how long MD only hope it's a long time "King Callow" has won me heaps (Onya Smasher) LOL
Martin17 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 8:57pm

Nuts Callow, 1 of the best in the business... Especially in a tight finish. Still remember the day he rode 4 winners on Werribee Cup day, was one of my rare trips to Victoria for a Cup meet. Cant remember the name of the last winner that day but it was around even money (one of the Freedy/Slade horses) & he just about carrried it over the line...

Of the T Variety
Xolento View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xolento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 11:42am

'King' Callow preparing for Victorian return
Brad Waters
Monday, 21 February 2011

Melbourne’s already burgeoning riding ranks have been boosted further by the return to Australia of experienced international rider Noel Callow.

Callow has ridden with great success throughout Asia over the past few years with his success in Singapore, where he won the 2007 jockeys’ premiership, prompting the tough local punters to dub the Victorian “King Callow”.

Callow said he last rode in Malaysia “about three weeks ago” before he and his family decided to return to Australia, this time for good.

“The family probably got a bit sick of living in Asia,” Callow said. “I might go back there for their main carnival in June but for us there is no more Malaysia.”

The Group I-winning jockey said his fitness is “really good” leading into his comeback to the Victorian racing scene, which he said was likely to happen at the Pakenham Cup meeting on March 6.

Callow rode in eight unofficial trials for trainers such as Lee Freedman at Balnarring on Friday before riding in seven heats at Monday’s Cranbourne trials.

The 35-year-old will resume his Victorian career riding at 56kg and is keen to resume his place as one of the state’s top jockeys.

“I’m not based anywhere as such,” Callow said. “I’m just ready to do my best and if I can earn a good wage, then I will be happy.

“Things have changed a bit since I was last here but I’ll just get back amongst it.”

Trainers wishing to book Callow once he resumes riding can contact his manager Phillip Roost on 0439 900 726.

http://aust-breds.com.au/

Xolento View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xolento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 11:43am
his family decided to return to Australia, this time for good

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 12:39pm
very very interesting that he has picked up one and only ride in Sydney today... on board Centennial Park in the Chipping Norton...
Go The Dollar..!
crystal ball View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 6:38pm
yeah family, families go alright, should try it sometime.
magic_idol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magic_idol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 7:46pm
The man is a very very good jock ,
If he dosn't want to talk tvn thats his choice tvn dosn't pay the bills
People allways whinge but very realy do they walk in other people's shoesConfused
Or listen for that matter!!!!LOL

Happy Fit Horses Win Races :-)
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 12:32pm

Noel Callow flew out for India on Thursday night after being suspended for careless riding at Ballarat the same day.So much for his family deciding to return to Australia for good Xolento  Big smile

Xolento View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xolento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 1:07pm
guess the Mrs got overruled Wink

The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 9:37pm
singapore, Malaysia, India ????.....It is looking like he is heeding down instead of up. Where will he pop up next.....Apparently Vietnam is racing now, so he can go there next
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:28pm
and we have 3 day carnivals where the emphasis is to get pissed and locked up.
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:11pm
He hasnt hit rock bottom yet, he hasnt ridden in adelaide.
mouse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:32pm
his dad did,and did well!
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:00pm
thats when adelaide racing had some dignity. its well and truly up sh*t creek these days.
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:53pm
Noel's back in town (Melbourne)
He's Not Heavy,It's My Brother
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 6:46pm
Riding @ Bairnsdale Sunday Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 10:19am
Get him on Smart Missile!!
Go The Dollar..!
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 10:20am
Too Heavy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 3:20pm
Has been on fire lately in the provincials..

treble already at B/Dale already today from 4 races...

why is he only riding at provincial meetings...?

his choice or cant get a ride in town?

surely not the latter
Go The Dollar..!
Tassie Tiger View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 10:52pm
Strong win in the last at Pakenham yesterday for Mick Price, hopefully that will open the door for him in Melbourne.
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:32pm
Back in Victoria for good this time
mouse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:45pm
higher weight scale will help

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 2:24pm
Nasty barrier mishap in the first at Werribee. Looked like he has broken a leg/ankle. Was in severe pain on the ground. Hope he is ok.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 2:26pm
Would not be surprised if he broke his wrist the way he punched the ground.

I wonder is L'Esprit will stay an entire for much longer, he was wetter than Sydney.
reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Would not be surprised if he broke his wrist the way he punched the ground.

I wonder is L'Esprit will stay an entire for much longer, he was wetter than Sydney.

Lol, very true.
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 2:30pm
Suspected broken leg
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:16pm
Good Luck for the king,No broken bones,Just a lot of bruises...out for about 2 weeeks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>